**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Energy Cost Increase in EQ?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks. I wasn’t able to listen in this month.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    It supposedly adds up to less energy in total also
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★
    The paths are shorter too.

ICYMI...
    1.1 and 1.2 are 3 paths each (3 and 4 for old)
    2.1 and 2.2 are 4 paths each (5 and 5 for old)
    3.1 and 3.2 are 5 paths each (6 and 7 for old)
    Energy cost is pretty much a wash from old to new set up.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★

On the live stream, Jax said:
    Less paths
    Less tiles
    Increased cost per tile
    More cost to do a completion run but less overall to explore

I did the math and it all checks outs:

Thank you for actually doing the math on this it's nice to see it laid out.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,121 ★★★★
    It feels like an awful lot of work for a hardly different result. 1225 energy vs 1342? I wish it was reduced a little bit further but it is what it is.
  • Options
    Paradise9Paradise9 Posts: 4
    Feels less fun to me, I don't like it.
  • Options
    Goose_oneGoose_one Posts: 8
    I’m now going to get less rewards on the events. The combat and hero use rewards will be harder to get and cost way more energy. We get rewards based on winning fights. Any of those types of rewards, will now be more difficult with the energy use it takes per fight…
    Or, was that also taken into consideration? I did not see if these rewards are adjusted for this new energy cost…
  • Options
    KLZKLZ Posts: 155 ★★
    The EQ changes are awesome, good job Kabam!!
    Less energy for exploration, better rewards overall, more fun!!
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

It feels like an awful lot of work for a hardly different result. 1225 energy vs 1342? I wish it was reduced a little bit further but it is what it is.

its not about the energy usage as much as the actual time taken to run it due to 6 less paths.
    the slightly less energy usage is merely a small bonus
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 718 ★★★★
    Goose_one said:

I’m now going to get less rewards on the events. The combat and hero use rewards will be harder to get and cost way more energy. We get rewards based on winning fights. Any of those types of rewards, will now be more difficult with the energy use it takes per fight…
    Or, was that also taken into consideration? I did not see if these rewards are adjusted for this new energy cost…

Just a suggestion, but you could always turn ai mode on for low level daily quests or do some arena. The changes to EQ means fewer fights and less time overall, so you could use that extra time to gain extra rewards for other places as well
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 470 ★★★
    I’m all in favour of simplified paths. Fewer teleports would make team selection even easier.

As for energy, the Paragon 4 hour crystal gives plenty of full refills.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 368 ★★★
    Goose_one said:

Arena exists. Low level quests that you can auto run exist.
  • Options
    Goose_oneGoose_one Posts: 8
    Excellent points. Appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    I love it despite path restarts being expensive.