**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How should BG change?

FrydayFryday Posts: 682 ★★★
I writen a thread on how a small change and massively improve the game mode for many players. Link to that in full is below.

The discussion is very heated because players are very emotional about it.

I would like to keep it civil (not 7* Civil Warrior lol), so thought a Poll instead would be more helpful.

If you want to join the discussion, it is here.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/347716/fixing-bg-for-95-of-players-with-one-simple-change#latest

Please be civil with each other, we all play MCOC in our own way, let try to enjoy and not get personal.

How should BG change? 69 votes

Keep the BG the way it is now?
28% 20 votes
Change to Win = +2 Token, Lose = -1
28% 20 votes
Change to Win = +2 Token, Lose = -1 - Make all VT Tier required 5 Token
23% 16 votes
Change to Win = +2 Token, Lose = -1 - Make VT Tier required between 3 to 10 Tokens (progressively increase)
7% 5 votes
Something else - please suggest (and be civil)
11% 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    I think Kabam should just bite the bullet and start implementing some Skill Based Matchmaking components. Even if it's just for a season, see how players feel about it. If we see the same threads popping up asking for changes, alright, reverse the changes and highlight the importance of time investments and roster growth. If it keeps the playerbase happy, keep it.

I know Kabam wants to sell the idea of roster development being required in BGs so they can make some money off it, but people will be against that idea for as long as the mode exists until they see it first hand.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★

I think Kabam should just bite the bullet and start implementing some Skill Based Matchmaking components. Even if it's just for a season, see how players feel about it. If we see the same threads popping up asking for changes, alright, reverse the changes and highlight the importance of time investments and roster growth. If it keeps the playerbase happy, keep it.

I know Kabam wants to sell the idea of roster development being required in BGs so they can make some money off it, but people will be against that idea for as long as the mode exists until they see it first hand.

People call this current commissary event a pay to win event even if its terrible deals for someone who decides to pay...
    Its not the mode ...
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    I think third one wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd say 6 medals per tier not 5, that way the higher leagues will be easier but the lower ones will be harder too. I've been saying for the past month, the only thing I currently dislike about BGs is the grind after you make it to Vibranium 3. I don't care about matchmaking, I know eventually I'll make it to GC cause I don't suck and my roster's decent enough, but grinding so much can be a bit tedious sometimes.
  • Options

I think third one wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd say 6 medals per tier not 5, that way the higher leagues will be easier but the lower ones will be harder too. I've been saying for the past month, the only thing I currently dislike about BGs is the grind after you make it to Vibranium 3. I don't care about matchmaking, I know eventually I'll make it to GC cause I don't suck and my roster's decent enough, but grinding so much can be a bit tedious sometimes.

That is a fair point, I guess the general idea is the solution is somewhere in the middle of options 2, 3 and 4. I just didn't want to add too many options and over complicated the Poll.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 264 ★★
    Win is two, loss amounts to no gain and no loss. The losing medals on a loss amount to the most frustrating experience of the mode.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I've mentioned it a few times. Keep the Tiers as-is, Win 2 lose 1 up until Vibranium, and make Diamond all 5 Wins to advance. That means there will be 3 Tiers you need to clear with one Win per Token. I think that's sufficient.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Considering those 3 Tiers are 5 Wins to advance. As it is now, it's just a slog.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    They went to three tiers in Vibranium instead of the prior 1 tier. Now it’s a slog to get through. Going to a 2 up 1 down with extra wins required would be good.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    Increase the amount of medals we get after each win, and rework Victory Shields so you can only use them after you lost a match. It makes much more sense this way.
  • Options
    Start everyone in GC, might as well.
  • Options

Literally nobody said that on this thread stop being such a baby lol
  • Options

Literally nobody said that on this thread stop being such a baby lol
    I'm saying it.. then there would be no need to change VT 🤣
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    flapjax said:

I read through almost all the BG related threads, but rarely comment because it's often the same 3 or 4 people having the same argument over and over, but here goes.

For context, I'm a 2 mil Paragon and almost every season make it to the GC. The last few tiers sometimes suck but it is what it is.

Personally, I've always found it interesting that people want to gate keep GC and refer to BGs as a whole as a competitive mode, when really the competition doesnt even start until the GC.

At the end of the day, the top end of the game will blast thru the VT regardless of changes made. Eliminating some of the pain points for mid/lower players seems fine, as you still need to win and preform somewhat well with +2/-1.

I think one of the worst aspects of BGs is the feeling of making no progress. Right now I'm in Vib 2, and I just had a win 3, lose 3, win 4, lose 3 streak which means after hours of playing I have...1 medal. I mean its fine, it's the nature of the game and I'm not complaining, but it just feels like that time could've been better spent anywhere else.

The competition starts in Plat 2 when they drop the siloes. Everyone gets a free ride to Plat 2 (and the rewards that go along with those tiers) and many can't handle it when the training wheels get taken off.
  • Options

I would like to see BG discussions banned on the forums.

Ha ha ha,

You are right that there are many threads about BG this season, but that is actually a clear indication of the discontentment with BG currently, even more this season.

Banning people the ability to voice their concern doesn't fix anything.

That is why I wrote a solution idea on this thread, and if it work it would also naturally reduce the amount of thread made regarding BG, again a win win for all.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/347716/fixing-bg-for-95-of-players-with-one-simple-change#latest
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    i'd go for multiple bracket based on history progression with different rewards :

- Tier 1 : Parabreaker : Thronebreaker / Paragons - Rewards : same as now

- Tier 2 : Uncav : Uncollected / Cavalier - Rewards : lower Bg tokens / same EM wins / 4-5 stars relics only

- Tier 3 : Beginer : Everyplayer lv 20+ that are not uncollected yet - lower bg token / same EM wins / 3-4 stars relics / 4-5 stars hero shards

If a player from Pool 3 becomes an uncollected during the season he'll remain in Pool 3 and will be surclassed in Pool 2 next season.

Lower the amount of places in GC since there'll be lesser players and prob condensate rewards between tiers.

EXTRA : Add an unranked Account power based queue
  • Options
    This is interesting, the ones asking for 2 coin win 1 coin lose add up to 2/3s of the poll, a bit over 60%, which is exaxtly the percertange of wins you need to be able to move from tier to tier. How ironic 🤣
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    Drop this game mode. It is destroying the game (and for the record; I have made it to GC every season so far).
  • Options
    Personally, i think there will be growing pains, but overall i like the system it is now. Seeding imo has helped a ton.
  • Options
    flapjaxflapjax Posts: 285 ★★★

flapjax said:

I read through almost all the BG related threads, but rarely comment because it's often the same 3 or 4 people having the same argument over and over, but here goes.

For context, I'm a 2 mil Paragon and almost every season make it to the GC. The last few tiers sometimes suck but it is what it is.

Personally, I've always found it interesting that people want to gate keep GC and refer to BGs as a whole as a competitive mode, when really the competition doesnt even start until the GC.

At the end of the day, the top end of the game will blast thru the VT regardless of changes made. Eliminating some of the pain points for mid/lower players seems fine, as you still need to win and preform somewhat well with +2/-1.

I think one of the worst aspects of BGs is the feeling of making no progress. Right now I'm in Vib 2, and I just had a win 3, lose 3, win 4, lose 3 streak which means after hours of playing I have...1 medal. I mean its fine, it's the nature of the game and I'm not complaining, but it just feels like that time could've been better spent anywhere else.

The competition starts in Plat 2 when they drop the siloes. Everyone gets a free ride to Plat 2 (and the rewards that go along with those tiers) and many can't handle it when the training wheels get taken off.
    I slightly disagree with the free ride to Plat take. Maybe for lower accounts like my 500k alt, because most BG matches are a joke in low tiers.

I can only really speak to my own experience (but I assume others probably have had the same or similar) but before Season 10 I actually had the opposite of a free ride to Plat 2 as a 2 mil mid Paragon.

From Bronze to Plat 2 I got mostly matches of "stronger" rosters, where the bottom row of their deck was about equal to the top of mine. Once I hit Plat 2, I started getting people with full 5 star decks who I either steam rolled or they quit out. I went from Plat 2 to Diamond 3 one season and I didn't play a single game because they all just quit.

Hard to say how this season would have been because seeding.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    +2 -1 is only great healthy way for faster matches in GC. Plus there's no reason to gate keep free rewards, whales of "seas" aren't enemy of f2p, dolphins of "aquariums" are due to so much gate keeping they do.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    I play codm ranked matches and there, we get more xp when we win that the xp we lose for losing. So I suggest making all tiers 5 and introducing +2-1 concept... It' is definitely a viable solution
  • Options

Hi @JustWantTheRewards

Actually that would be an interesting season.

Honestly it would be extremely easy for Kabam to implement it for one season without changing anything.

They only have to include this Node which is:-

3* Champs get 100% stats base (i.e. no increase and decrease). Every other higher rarities have -100% stats.

Which mean players have to use their 3* for that season.

That will definitely test the "skill"of players and would sure be fun to see 🤣😁
  • Options

Drop this game mode. It is destroying the game (and for the record; I have made it to GC every season so far).

You've made it to GC every season? Weird, I thought you said you were far from being skilled, and spent hundreds on the game every month to compensate for the lack of skill.