Options

Is this username allowed?

hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 β˜…β˜…

πŸ‘€
Β«1

Comments

• Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2023
    As a spanish speaker i,m not sure of what Gayo means it is probably just a local term that is not used in My country but since it is EL Gayo i'll asume it is spanish but the question is understandable since not all English speakers are taught spanish ok i searched in the RAE and it means happy
  • Options
    PikokPikok Posts: 131 β˜…β˜…
    Lol. People dont have problems now. What a joke
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,649 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just as a general point, there are forum rules about calling out specific accounts. You don't seem to be doing it in a terribly derogatory way, but I'd rather you know as to not get banned for an easy thing to miss. Usually when sharing pictures of other accounts, you can do this by editing the photo and just blacking out the name. In this case, you probably could have just included the.... questionable part of the name as text and bypassed the photo altogether.

But yes, not inherently a name that should cause concern.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,007 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    He could have mispelled or try to write Gallo which means rooster, so The Black Rooster.
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 116 β˜…
    What happened? You got crushed by a smaller account in battle grounds and now you’re trying to ruin their account?? Petty!
  • Options
    CeeLohsCeeLohs Posts: 55 β˜…
    It should read β€œel gallo negro” which translates to β€œThe black rooster” - doesn’t really seem offensive
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 116 β˜…

hi_im_sir said:

πŸ‘€

This one is

@hi_im_sir check out that guys name. That is one that should not be allowed to be used
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Was just a friendly question that may have gone out of hand lol. Thanks to all the peeps who cleared it upπŸ™‚.
  • Options
    ChiefGoat said:

What happened? You got crushed by a smaller account in battle grounds and now you’re trying to ruin their account?? Petty!

Its literally some guy i saw in war lol. Was just curious
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,007 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If only there was a tool or site where u could type stuff out of curiosity
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,847 Guardian

This one is

Not anymore.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Even if "negro" was meant to refer to a black person, in Spain at least we dont have that kind of "n-word", well we do have it, but its kinda different, and Gayo would be just rooster but spelled with Y instead of LL, since in Spain both letter have the same sound when followed by a vocal, and its also a last name here.

Anyway, most of the time, something is offensive if you take it as it, if you dont, it wont be offensive (obviously excluding intended insults)
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ChiefGoat said:

Lol how did you even get to that conclusion
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,565 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Another "Americans thinking the world revolves around them" post lol

It's when you see them complaining online about Crayolas in Spanish that it gets pretty bad...
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ghost_Fan said:

Imagine being offended (which is your case I assume) by a color

"Negro" is a way people refer to Black people, usually intended to be derogatory.
    1973 called, and they want their racial slurs back.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,310 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wubbie075 said:

Ghost_Fan said:

"Negro" is a way people refer to Black people, usually intended to be derogatory.
    It is offensive, but there are some languages that use the term as well, so it's not always used in that context. If you're referring to someone who is of African descent, then it's offensive.
    Then there's the obvious point that Black people refer to themselves and each other with it. I'm not qualified to speak on that because I'm not Black.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Wubbie075 said:

Ghost_Fan said:

It is offensive, but there are some languages that use the term as well, so it's not always used in that context. If you're referring to someone who is of African descent, then it's offensive.
    Then there's the obvious point that Black people refer to themselves and each other with it. I'm not qualified to speak on that because I'm not Black.
    it cannot be offensive for a Spaniard to call a African " un hombre negro"
    that is literally the same as an english speaker calling them "a black man"
    if that is offensive then i call the person being offended a racist for being offended by someone using another language. LMAO
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 590 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    *Player Discovers that black Word in another language is not offensive