**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Definitely going to hoard more

2»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

It’s weird that you’re arguing like I’m someone who doesn’t manage resources well @DNA3000 I actually agree with managing resources well and do just fine in the game.

I'm not implying you manage resources poorly or well. I'm saying you do not appear to be placing any responsibility on players to do so, or allowing the game developers to presume their players will do so, or allow them to reward those players when they do.

But this gets to the crux of the matter, and I would like to give you an opportunity to make a clear statement here one way or the other. What, in your opinion, is the difference between rewarding players for managing resources efficiently and encouraging hoarding? To be very specific, we can presume that players will not all manage resources equally well. And for that difference to be meaningful it has to create a resource gap large enough to not be trivially surmountable. In other words, player A will end up with more of X than player B, such that player B has no obvious way to make up the difference in a reasonable amount of time. In such a situation, what's the difference between rewarding player A by giving them opportunities to use X that player B won't have, and encouraging player B to hoard those resources to ensure they will never be left out of those opportunities?

Is there a difference, or is rewarding efficiency synonymous with encouraging hoarding?
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★

ahmynuts said:

Me with my 450 t4cc crystals

Amateur.

I got both of y’all beat

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Hoard, don’t hoard. Spend, don’t spend. Do whatever you like, no one cares.

Allright Oogway. I think it's time for your turtle nap.
    I repeat, no one cares.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★

Examples

Loyalty. When would it be beneficial to hoard a ton of it? The item purchases are limited by loyalty cost and quantity by time with no significant indicator anything greater was coming.

The rewards in Loyalty Store were outdated for a long time … T3 Alpha and T5 Basic or already super common 6* Gems for so much Loyalty, come on? I stopped buying these trash deals long ago and had more than 3 million Loyalty saved - just cause there was nothing worth spending.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Loyalty. When would it be beneficial to hoard a ton of it?

Actually, I probably should have addressed this. I have a ton of loyalty. Why? Because I don't earn loyalty very quickly.

In a sense, every currency in the game has two values: what you can buy with it, and how much time it takes to earn it. The time it takes to earn it is its cost. The things you can buy with it is its purchasing power. The currency is really just a medium of exchange, to exchange time for stuff.

When you look at the loyalty store you might not be seeing the same prices I am. Because I am not seeing 50000 loyalty or 500000 loyalty. I'm seeing days, weeks, months before I can earn that loyalty back. And the reason why I do not buy things in the loyalty store often is because the prices in the loyalty store are sky high for me, relative to my earning power.

It doesn't matter if I have a thousand loyalty or a billion loyalty. I weigh costs generally by converting currency to time. Everything in the loyalty store is either a) something I don't need, b) something I can get much cheaper elsewhere (in real time terms), or c) something I already bought, like the UC trophy champs.

Even if some loyalty store upgrade never comes, it doesn't matter. Until I had so much loyalty that it would be impossible to spend it all, the costs of the loyalty store made the rational decision to hold the loyalty.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★

ahmynuts said:

Amateur.

Rookie
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Hort4 said:

ahmynuts said:

Amateur.

Rookie
    Noob

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★

Hort4 said:

ahmynuts said:

Amateur.

Rookie
    Noob

I have realized my absolute foolishness due to my own hubris
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★

Hort4 said:

ahmynuts said:

Amateur.

Rookie
    Noob

There's always a bigger fish.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    djr17 said:

Hort4 said:

ahmynuts said:

Amateur.

Rookie
    Noob

There's always a bigger fish.
    I’m aware of Brian Grant so I had no delusions, lol.
    How many fragments do you have?

• Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★

Hoard, don’t hoard. Spend, don’t spend. Do whatever you like, no one cares.

I got mad Kung fu panda master turtle vibes here