**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

I think Iceman is bugged

Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
edited October 2023 in General Discussion

Whenever the defender hits his block his frostbites go off and his kit says nothing about that only detonates manually when he heavies
These pictures are taken back to back

Comments

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,887 ★★★★★
    lol I always thought it’s a feature not a bug. Sometimes it came handy when they blew up themselves
  • Options
    ShepShep Posts: 150
    Not a bug when the armor shatters.. The frostbites go off.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,279 ★★★★★
    Shep said:

That's not the question here.
    It's why is the armor shatters with a hit into block.
    I don't know if there are nodes involved or not but armor shatters when receiving more than 5% of your health as damage or when they stun you.
    If none of the above is happening then it's a bug
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Nullify?
  • Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 132 ★★

Whenever the defender hits his block his frostbites go off and his kit says nothing about that only detonates manually when he heavies

In last couple of patches Iceman actually got bugfixed. His armor was supposed to be able to trigger from any source, including hits into the block if they exceed 5% in damage. I suppose it was bugged for a long time and now it got fixed.
  • Options

In last couple of patches Iceman actually got bugfixed. His armor was supposed to be able to trigger from any source, including hits into the block if they exceed 5% in damage. I suppose it was bugged for a long time and now it got fixed.
    Interesting that's good to know
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    Shep said:

It doesn't happen only when the armor shatters, I was using him in AQ and the same thing was happening. They were just detonating automatically when I parried.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    This has been brought to the game teams attention.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 831 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    Looking at the pics... the first one BP has 10% health and in the second he has 0%. My theory is that during the course of you taking back to back pictures the frostbite expired doing the damage to k.o. him thus taking away any buffs and/or debuffs shown under BP's health bar. The second pic even shows a burst of 5835 damage in red. Pretty sure the frostbite expired via their timer at the exact moment you took the pic.

I don't think it's a bug or anything. Just the natural timing of the fight.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Even I recognised it's a bug as soon as it happened. And I use iceman only in arena.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    obsidiman said:

Looking at the pics... the first one BP has 10% health and in the second he has 0%. My theory is that during the course of you taking back to back pictures the frostbite expired doing the damage to k.o. him thus taking away any buffs and/or debuffs shown under BP's health bar. The second pic even shows a burst of 5835 damage in red. Pretty sure the frostbite expired via their timer at the exact moment you took the pic.

I don't think it's a bug or anything. Just the natural timing of the fight.

That isn't what happened
    I screen recorded it then took screenshots of it back to back those are in between his medium attack as you can see where iceman stands, his power bar and how many hits and the timer on the frostbite that these were taken back to back
  • Options
    I use Iceman a ton and have never noticed that. I'm not saying you're wrong or trying to pick a fight. I'm merely hypothsizing based on what you posted and how I interpret the pics. You didn't mention screen recording in your original post. You only mentioned the phrase "back to back". I have never encountered this some perhaps it is a bug specific for you or a handful that have experienced the same.

Can you post the recording? That may allow for better analysis by experts... of which I am not.
  • Options

Even I recognised it's a bug as soon as it happened. And I use iceman only in arena.

Sorry to not be on the ball as much as you. I will leave my thoughts to myself.

But can you recreate and post? I use Iceman a lot and haven't experienced this. If you have and you will, it may help Mr. Bond sir.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I cannot post the video bc idk how to and it says it doesn't allow this format
    And what sucks is that we'll have to wait til Monday in order for any response bc of the weekend
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 261 ★★★
    It’s bugged, happening to me too, It’s genuinely annoying cause I want to stack them with sp1 then you parry and it disappears
  • Options
    Why post info regarding his Ice Armor when OP's issue concerns his frostbites? Perhaps I am on the ball more in this instance Mr. Bond (probably not though). His concern was that frostbite stacks were detonating when the opponent hits into Iceman's block as opposed to their regular timer expiration or Iceman landing a heavy.

I'm now in belief that it is a bug however IN MY OPINION, not a detrimental bug. The damage burst is still there the same as if a heavy from Iceman was landed.

As for your sarcasm query Mr. Bond...

This comment came off as extremely snarky amd haughty when I was only offering a theory and an opinion based on how I read OP's initial post.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★

And about Ice Armor, its the only other way for a frostbite to explode before it's timer runs out. The first one is heavy as we all know. Now we have a third one, hitting into icemans block.

People can/may/should/would provide thier theories, nothings wrong it that, but it don't matter once a bug is recognised. There were many in this thread, excluding you, who were not convinced with the actual proof provided by OP.

*in this thread.

• Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 575 ★★★
    Just played him in this past war and noticed the same thing. Every parry I would lose my frostbites. Made fights a lot harder than they should have been.
  • Options
    So I WAS convinced by the actual proof??? Not sure I understand your statement. What OP posted was incomplete both visually and in words.

After looking at everything and playing with Iceman, I 100% agree it is indeed a bug. Having Iceman's block hit into should NOT cause frostbites to detonate. And it is also correct that scenario isn't reflected in the in game or Aunt Mai champ kit descriptions.

But one can't assume that everyone playing experiences the bug. Given that the original post had incomplete info, I presented a theory based on how I interpreted the info and "data". Was the theory wrong? Yup. Was I an idiot for "not having recognized it immediately"? In my opinion... not so much.

@SirGamesBond I will attempt to do better as I continue playing.
  • Options
    Between all 3 different posts about this subject, and different provided information, pics, video, etc, between all 3, I would image there would be sufficient info to make an informed judgement.

One post may potentially be lacking some proof, but would all 3 taken in their entirety is there still some doubt or not ?
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax
    Just gonna leave this here so they can see this tomorrow
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 575 ★★★
    Any updates on iceman? Is this indeed a bug? i love using him, but this takes away a big source of his damage.
  • Options
    Matty_Ice said:

Any updates on iceman? Is this indeed a bug? i love using him, but this takes away a big source of his damage.

How exactly does it take away from damage? Granted it's more difficult to stack frostbite charges, but whether you detonate one stack 8 different times or a stack of 8 one time, the damage is being done.
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

Matty_Ice said:

How exactly does it take away from damage? Granted it's more difficult to stack frostbite charges, but whether you detonate one stack 8 different times or a stack of 8 one time, the damage is being done.
    Like you said it's harder to stack that's why you can't get the big damage
  • Options
    C19h28o2C19h28o2 Posts: 12
    obsidiman said:

Matty_Ice said:

It takes away from his damage because frostbites do ~50% more damage when you detonate them early with a heavy. And they do even bigger damage when you detonate them with the sp2 if you consume your ice armor for the attack increase.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax any updates?
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★

The bug is on the trello board
    https://trello.com/c/fVxcr8FX
  • Options
    Axew said:

The bug is on the trello board
    https://trello.com/c/fVxcr8FX