Options

New champ coming!!!

DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 411 β˜…β˜…
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
Toughts on Chee'ilth? She looks awesome😍
Post edited by Kabam Miike on
Β«134

Comments

• Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 418 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    So you’d have been happier with same kit, but another Guilly spin-off??
  • Options
    LickyLicky Posts: 313 β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2023
    Searmenis said:

A colorful, diversity forced mess.

That's one way to put it lol
  • Options
    PristineWaterPristineWater Posts: 46 β˜…

ahmynuts said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

What do you mean ''mess''? She looks amazing wtf, have you seen her abilities's animations?
    designwise mess, not her kit.
    I'm hoping you're talking about how you dont like her clothes and color palette and you're not being racist rn because if that is the case then oh boy did you make it sound bad
    I'm pretty sure the "diversity forced mess" part already made that very clear lol they wouldn't call it a "diversity forced mess" if the character was white πŸ’€
    If it was that exact character design with white skin it would be even more of a diversity forced mess...
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,500 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2023

ahmynuts said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

What do you mean ''mess''? She looks amazing wtf, have you seen her abilities's animations?
    I'm hoping you're talking about how you dont like her clothes and color palette and you're not being racist rn because if that is the case then oh boy did you make it sound bad
    I'm pretty sure the "diversity forced mess" part already made that very clear lol they wouldn't call it a "diversity forced mess" if the character was white πŸ’€
    If it was that exact character design with white skin it would be even more of a diversity forced mess...
    White character as in different character and different race, genius...
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,178 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

ahmynuts said:

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

I was trying to be really optimistic lmao
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,465 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2023
    I m pro diveriity when it s not for the sake of it and the sales. This one feels like it is the case. The "mess" part was about her desing, color palette etc, not her skin color. And because it s design mess, that s why it feels forced diversity.
    Btw, comparing a comic character with a big history and genius, most of the times, story, to a game character that appeared out of nowhere is, laughable, to say the least.

If I remember correctly, they said in the NYCC video that they created the character with diversity in mind.
  • Options

I'd like to know how you came up with diversity for the sake of it. She was designed by First Nations people in part.

Because, as I said, she s poorly designed, and not that much, "original" design wise.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

I'd like to know how you came up with diversity for the sake of it. She was designed by First Nations people in part.

Because, as I said, she s poorly designed, and not that much, "original" design wise.
    Love how you claim its a poor design when it's literally an original creation. Bet some of your original designs are poor too then
    Every creator has good and bad designs. I m no exception. Yes, she s an original creation, that lacks originality.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,500 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Searmenis said:

Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

Love how you claim its a poor design when it's literally an original creation. Bet some of your original designs are poor too then
    Every creator has good and bad designs. I m no exception. Yes, she s an original creation, that lacks originality.
    Because she's not white?
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

I fail to see how an ORIGINAL character lacks originality. Your just trying to cover your tracks.
    If I make a character that s a copypat of Captain America in some way, he lacks originality.
  • Options
    PristineWaterPristineWater Posts: 46 β˜…
    edited October 2023

Searmenis said:

Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

Because she's not white?
    What does being white have to do with anything? She could be asian, middle eastern, latina, doesn't matter, either way she lacks originality. You take that outfit and put it on any other skin color and it looks bad....

The very definition of diversity means variety, that can have a lot of applications, not just skin color.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 267 β˜…β˜…
    Of course this post starts at end of day Friday by someone who isn't even hiding he's doing this to troll.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

I m pro diveriity when it s not for the sake of it and the sales. This one feels like it is the case. The "mess" part was about her desing, color palette etc, not her skin color. And because it s design mess, that s why it feels forced diversity.
    Btw, comparing a comic character with a big history and genius, most of the times, story, to a game character that appeared out of nowhere is, laughable, to say the least.

If I remember correctly, they said in the NYCC video that they created the character with diversity in mind.

if you watched the video from nycc than you would know that she was primarily created by and worked on by kabam employees hailing from different native tribes. stop acting like this is forced diversity when it's literally the passion project of people making the game that want to see themselves represented
    Don't even try the "representation" argument here. There s more than 15 unused Marvel characters, that are native americans, have a great history, awesome stories in the comics, but instead, kabam chose to do something "original" to diversify the roster.
This discussion has been closed.