New champs coming in November

13»

Comments

• RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Member Posts: 714 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

I just realized how lacking this game is in diversity lol. Aside from the machines and animals, it’s majority black and white. 2 Indian characters in the whole roster and barely any Hispanic characters.

Does that matter?
    Representation is important to some people. It’s more so the fact that they keep going on about representation but still only bring in the same type of characters (not counting next month ofc). There’s an obvious disparity in racial groups they introduce. Maybe it’s a marvel problem in general though idk
    Whats the reasoning behind it being important to those people? Or its cuz they feel like it?
  • LickyLicky Member Posts: 329 ★★★

Licky said:

Yeah, there are a lot of Ghost Rider's.

Kushala deserves respect though. She's a great choice. Because not only is she a Spirit of Vengeance, she is the Sorcerer Supreme of her time (the mid 1800's).

I'm sure her animations ALONE are going to convince y'all. Especially if Kabam incorporate her flaming horse.

Besides, we are in desperate need of more female Champs in The Contest.
    Really man? We are in need of both male and female there is no one over the other
    Saying we need female champions is NOT saying that we don't need male champions. I wonder why your mind went there, though.

Actually, don't elaborate. This thread is derailing enough as it is.
    They are literally implying female champs should be released more than males

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

I just realized how lacking this game is in diversity lol. Aside from the machines and animals, it’s majority black and white. 2 Indian characters in the whole roster and barely any Hispanic characters.

Does that matter?
    For some people it does. Does it affect you though?
    It might. When they add a boring ahh champ just cuz of their race instead of adding a cool character that majorty loves or i love in this case that is white or black or whatever
    Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but the world doesn't revolve around you. A lot of people wanted Kushala too because they like the character and that has nothing for do with race. If you like it, good, if you don't, don't let the door hit your ass on your way out 🤷‍♂️
    You just asked me how something could affect me and when i explained now you say world doesnt revolve around me? I never even said world has to revolve around me? I just i dont like the look of new characters and asked why would diversity should be a thing thats focused on based on race? Or gender?

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

Does that matter?
    It might. When they add a boring ahh champ just cuz of their race instead of adding a cool character that majorty loves or i love in this case that is white or black or whatever
    If representation doesn't matter to you specifically, fair enough. There's still no need to spout this nonsense though. Especially not on the forums. Let people enjoy things.

The truth is that a lot of players wanted Kushala in MCOC, especially after Summoners Choice. She isn't a "boring ahh champion" lmfao you just know absolutely nothing about her and you're judging a book by it's cover. Ridiculous.
    I didnt say representation doesnt matter, i asked what would be the reasoning behind it other thab just some people feeling like it if it did matter. Also i didnt say she is boring cuz of her story. I dont even know her story i just dont like her look, between the all ghost rider designs ive seen she seems to have the most boring look. If backstory was important factor i wouldnt play with redskull cuz he is literally a na zi
    Slayer of gods fightning ghosts rn instead of gods 😭
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

Does that matter?
    If representation doesn't matter to you specifically, fair enough. There's still no need to spout this nonsense though. Especially not on the forums. Let people enjoy things.

The truth is that a lot of players wanted Kushala in MCOC, especially after Summoners Choice. She isn't a "boring ahh champion" lmfao you just know absolutely nothing about her and you're judging a book by it's cover. Ridiculous.
    I didnt say representation doesnt matter, i asked what would be the reasoning behind it other thab just some people feeling like it if it did matter. Also i didnt say she is boring cuz of her story. I dont even know her story i just dont like her look, between the all ghost rider designs ive seen she seems to have the most boring look. If backstory was important factor i wouldnt play with redskull cuz he is literally a na zi
    I think it’s a fair question, but it really depends on the person. Some people can relate to characters better if they share a race/sexuality/gender with them (which isn’t the case for me) but some people feel stronger connections to characters that way. I’ve always thought my race getting represented is good for people’s views in general.

Media affects a lot and if you have bad representation, people base you off bad western stereotypes. Asians especially had to deal with being emasculated (if men) and the opposite if women. Seeing a strong, loved character of your race is just cool to me
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

Does that matter?
    Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but the world doesn't revolve around you. A lot of people wanted Kushala too because they like the character and that has nothing for do with race. If you like it, good, if you don't, don't let the door hit your ass on your way out 🤷‍♂️
    You just asked me how something could affect me and when i explained now you say world doesnt revolve around me? I never even said world has to revolve around me? I just i dont like the look of new characters and asked why would diversity should be a thing thats focused on based on race? Or gender?
    Because again the world doesn't revolve around you, if you don't care about diversity that's fine but it's your business, other people care about representation and that's their business too. You're not in a position to be questioning what other people should or shouldn't care about.

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

Does that matter?
    Because again the world doesn't revolve around you, if you don't care about diversity that's fine but it's your business, other people care about representation and that's their business too. You're not in a position to be questioning what other people should or shouldn't care about.
    Did you even read what i said?
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Kushala deserves respect though. She's a great choice. Because not only is she a Spirit of Vengeance, she is the Sorcerer Supreme of her time (the mid 1800's).

I'm sure her animations ALONE are going to convince y'all. Especially if Kabam incorporate her flaming horse.

Why? There are almost 3 times more male Characters in Marvel than female ones, exactly 2,89 times more, right now we have 2,93 times more male ones in MCOC, after the release of the November female ones, it will become 2,84 times more male than female, so we will have more % female characters than Marvel as a whole.
    Emilia90 said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

Does that matter?

I think it’s a fair question, but it really depends on the person. Some people can relate to characters better if they share a race/sexuality/gender with them (which isn’t the case for me) but some people feel stronger connections to characters that way. I’ve always thought my race getting represented is good for people’s views in general.

Media affects a lot and if you have bad representation, people base you off bad western stereotypes. Asians especially had to deal with being emasculated (if men) and the opposite if women. Seeing a strong, loved character of your race is just cool to me
    So diversity should be a focus point cuz it removes stereotypes (dont know how usefull it is in a mobile fightning game) besides that its just people feel like it?
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★★
    Summoner with not much knowledge about ghost riders here. This one looks unfortunately boring. Diversity might have been a factor for choosing her but it’s not exciting
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

Does that matter?
    Did you even read what i said?
    You were asking why people care about representation, I'm telling you people have their reasons but that's not our business. Personally, I don't care for the most part, and I wanted Robbie more than Kushala, doesn't mean I'm gonna come here and whine because another character got added lol.
    Also, like I said Kushala wasn't added just because of her race, a lot of people have been asking for Kushala for a very long time and she was in the Summoner's Choice 2022 along with Zemo and Moonstar (both in the game now).
    As for your last question, that's literally what the word diversity means, including people from a range of different social and ethnic backgrounds and of different genders etc.
    Does this answer all your questions or you're going to reply with DiD YoU EvEn ReAd WhAt i sAiD again?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    Licky said:

Really man? We are in need of both male and female there is no one over the other
    There is, when you look at the comparison overall. There are many more male (and a few in-between).
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 492 Content Creator

Summoner with not much knowledge about ghost riders here. This one looks unfortunately boring. Diversity might have been a factor for choosing her but it’s not exciting

Yeah, a Sorcerer Supreme Ghost Rider definitely sounds boring.
  • Bwer777_TakeItEasyBwer777_TakeItEasy Member Posts: 24

Man I really wish they would’ve released Warpath. Mutants could use some love. I can’t wait until he’s released.

Thank you!!! Warpath would’ve been great!! Loved him for so long definitely an underrated character
This discussion has been closed.