**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam!!? Explain this points situation to us and why did you guys think that change is justified?

PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
New BG season is starting with actual slap in the face and loud nerf to 95% of playerbase.

You guys decided to not let people farm, ok, no problem, sudden change which clearly isn't well thought and was applied in haste because to get to 450,000 threshold for rewards, players will need to grind, ok, no problem, we love grind. But hold up, every win with elder marks give 4700 points. So I do quick maths 450,000÷4700 = 95.744 wins, so 96 wins.

That's correct, players will need to win 96 times !!! With elder marks, to achieve that 450k threshold, sure you can say blah blah use energy, by using energy you'll need to win 585 matches, Nice. 😃

Now, let's assume we win every single match and we reach the top GC rank, to reach top rank, player need around 45 straight wins from platinum seeding. Which is not even half of 96.
So Kabam tell us the solution because I don't see anything other than farming energy in 5.3.6 and--- oh wait, right, energy farm is also nerfed.

The solution? I can give, very easy, higher tiers of battlegrounds rewards more points in both wins and loss, so that it encourages players to climb up the ladder and use their marks for better points value instead of sticking around in lower ranks.

Instead of encouraging players to rank up to have easier way to grind you guys are grabbing players by ears and threatening with STOP FARM OR WE BAN !!!! Not cool.

Comments

• Options
    1 disagree and 1 agree from you, I'll take that.
  • Options

Sees " Slap in the face".

Ignores rest of the post

"Actual."
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Slap is not enough.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    You do realize these are additional rewards; if you view it as an optional bonus, it changes your perspective.

Farming is basically picking your matches, which goes against their intended matchmaking policy and how open matchmaking should work
  • Options

You do realize these are additional rewards; if you view it as an optional bonus, it changes your perspective.

Farming is basically picking your matches, which goes against their intended matchmaking policy and how open matchmaking should work

Good luck with your 96 wins by elder marks in the new "open" matchmaking, that is if you're trying to get those titan shards.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Play the game, build your roster, get father in BGs each cycle. That’s the plan. There is no need to game the system, unless you want rewards that you cannot earn legitimately.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    Everyone, respect the point that OP has made, after all, he has been chosen to be THE PARAGON.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Good luck with your 96 wins by elder marks in the new "open" matchmaking, that is if you're trying to get those titan shards.
    Thanks, I certainly will try. Besides, getting the deathless piece is what I want more, so it's a win-win for me. The longer I'm in VT, the easier it is to get points, but once I get to GC, I already have what I want most
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★

PT_99 said:

I just wish they would actually start slapping people in the face. I'd pay to see that

Should start with people who comment which adds no value to a discussion.
    You eventually get used to seeing the same people jump in and irrationally defend Kabam. Until (like GW) they suddenly can’t keep up with a game mode.

On the topic of farming though, I disagree with you. Is it a lot of matches? Yes. Should everyone be able to get those rewards? No.

I don’t think milestone rewards should be available to every single player but that’s my opinion. It’ll definitely be harder for me since I start with whales in Plat 1 but i plan to do it and have never farmed.
    Agree, not every deal or milestone is targeted to everyone. And I have never farmed and still reached the Milestones so far easily (well, I loose quite a lot anyway but never tried to loose on purpose … with less 7* than others and no R5 I just can’t beat some whales).
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

PT_99 said:

It's actually 64 or so wins to hit 450k.
    I‘ve hit 430k without cheating last Season. Will be quite a lot of playing, but it‘s possible.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    Hey guys, I’ve got a great idea:

Let’s open 6 different threads in regards to the same topic
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ahmynuts said:

I think the main issue is that Kabam understands why people point farm and decided to remove it (which is good) but they offered no alternative or compromise. They easily could have said "Hey point farming is now a bannable offense, we understand why people point farm so we will be increasing the points gained from energy and elders marks with this change" it was that easy. If they did that from the get go there would not have been nearly as much backlash. Which most of it is from people complaining about the time investment because of the points system.

They basically said "Now you will be forced to suffer" when they could have done something good. Which is typical behavior i guess tbh lol

That's what I'm trying to say, Kabam stops players from point farming but fails to understand why.
    Easiest, quickest and cheapest solution will be to more points earned in higher tiers, that's it.

But idk why "some" community members trying to justify that bronze and GC tiers should have same points per win and no change is needed, ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    DUHveed said:

Hey guys, I’ve got a great idea:

Let’s open 6 different threads in regards to the same topic

I got an idea. Don’t read them.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I think the main issue is that Kabam understands why people point farm and decided to remove it (which is good) but they offered no alternative or compromise. They easily could have said "Hey point farming is now a bannable offense, we understand why people point farm so we will be increasing the points gained from energy and elders marks with this change" it was that easy. If they did that from the get go there would not have been nearly as much backlash. Which most of it is from people complaining about the time investment because of the points system.

They basically said "Now you will be forced to suffer" when they could have done something good. Which is typical behavior i guess tbh lol

When they cracked down on arena botting they knew why people did it, to get rewards they didn't earn. Same exact situation here. How exactly did they compromise on those cheaters?

The problem here is people feel entitled to get everything with no skill. I could complete 8.3 today with 1 hand if I wanted to. The game is ridiculously easy now. Bgs, and to some extent high tier war, are the only places you actually need skill in this game.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    First one to 450k can claim THE paragon title for the season (I don't see if listed on your posts since this announcement has been made so I'm assuming it's a hidden reward for the anniversary season).
  • Options

First one to 450k can claim THE paragon title for the season (I don't see if listed on your posts since this announcement has been made so I'm assuming it's a hidden reward for the anniversary season).

A silent buff you mean?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I just wish they would actually start slapping people in the face. I'd pay to see that

Then they should start with you since this whole thread was unnecessary since there 2 already out there and one that you commented on.
  • Options

PT_99 said:

Then they should start with you since this whole thread was unnecessary since there 2 already out there and one that you commented on.
    Why did you repeated the same thing like other comments? Thought you don't like repeated posts of serious uncalled nerfs.
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 177 ★★
    I always do around 400k without cheating, not sure what's the point here. It became tho a bit more difficult last season since we don't start from zero again.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Even with farming you still have to win that same amount of matches. What are you on