**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Necropolis initial thoughts?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
Didn’t expect challenger rating to be a thing of importance today but it could be fun?

Excited for the shot at unlocking maestro however!

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

What?

they revealed a new piece of content during the livestream- it’s called necropolis
    basically massive health pools with trap nodes and another node that is reliant on the attackers challenger rating
    Dont forget the relics :)
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

What?

they revealed a new piece of content during the livestream- it’s called necropolis
    basically massive health pools with trap nodes and another node that is reliant on the attackers challenger rating
    Dont forget the relics :)
    it’s so pitiful too- they said they get six charges back? so that’s only six seconds of time back? aiyiyi
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Tf is challenger rating again and what does it show 😭
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 461 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

An invisible stat that the champions have that kabam doesn't explain in the game that impacts their damage, crit rate, etc against champions of higher rarity
    Not really invisible. You can see it in their stat page. But yes, it governs whether or not you get a bonus or penalty to your stats if you’re punching down or up based on challenge rating.

• Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

An invisible stat that the champions have that kabam doesn't explain in the game that impacts their damage, crit rate, etc against champions of higher rarity
    Not really invisible. You can see it in their stat page. But yes, it governs whether or not you get a bonus or penalty to your stats if you’re punching down or up based on challenge rating.

English pls 🙂
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Invisible in the sense they dont explain what it is
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    As much as I'd love to have a Maestro, I don’t see myself attempting content like this

I haven't even looked at Labyrinth, and I'm content with that.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

They did a terrible job of hiding it.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/2317/challenger-rating-explained
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Unio77 said:

Invisible in the sense they dont explain what it is
    They explained it very vaguely like 7 years ago when it was first implemented. That wasn’t good enough?
    No because every 2 weeks we have people asking what challenger rating is because they cant find the forum post from like 2015 when it was introduced
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★

I just hope it's content I'm able to complete without having to dump hundreds of revives. I know it's supposed to be a revive dump but still. I hate being behind the newest content, and I feel my roster might finally be in a place where I can stay current.

If you are the skill of kt1 or msd type player expect 40-50 revives per path. If you are the type of player who complains about act 6 plan on 5-8000 units per path. In the middle? Well figure it out... and that's assuming you have every champ needed ranked up. It's already been said this is a roster check.
  • Options

I just hope it's content I'm able to complete without having to dump hundreds of revives. I know it's supposed to be a revive dump but still. I hate being behind the newest content, and I feel my roster might finally be in a place where I can stay current.

If you are the skill of kt1 or msd type player expect 40-50 revives per path. If you are the type of player who complains about act 6 plan on 5-8000 units per path. In the middle? Well figure it out... and that's assuming you have every champ needed ranked up. It's already been said this is a roster check.
    I'm kind of excited to see how many 100s of free crystals I will have at the end of completion. I think I'm at 500-600 right now
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

One of the biggest things CR affects is crit rating. That is why your 6 stars crit less against 7 stars and why 7 stars crit a lot more than 6 stars.

Also the only reason why Domino is now a good attacker as 7 star, was only used for defense before
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

as long as it is fun like the original act 6

You and I must be remembering a completely different experience with Act 6.

The original Act 6 was painstaking and draining and horrible. Didn't it take a couple of weeks or a month for the first 100 people to actually explore it? No one bothered to. Took too much energy and was just so tedious. Am I misremembering? Was that a different act?
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    I’m super excited for this, people were complaining 8.3 was too easy, well here’s your answer. I was too low progression in the past to attempt any of the other everest content, and by the time I was strong enough, the rewards were so out dated it wasn’t worth the effort and resources. So I’m very excited for some challenging content that has some juicy rewards.
  • Options
    Honestly, even if it is a revive spam at this point, I'm excited that we have content where it is going to be meaningful to have r2 7 stars or ascended 6 stars. It is going to be cool to see what people come up with and to eventually see solos from various people. The rewards also look very nice.