**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

KANG NERFED??

ZeperxZeperx Posts: 8
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
i entered AQ today - and got to know KANG was nerfed as I was playing.
Is this a bug?
the Stun duration reduced from 3.5 Seconds to 2.4 seconds.
he was my favorite character- now i dont even want him- he is too weak to play with with such a low duration stun.
wonder if this is a bug or you did it Intentionally?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It was explained in the Post about the discovery. He was Stun Locking. Wasn't meant to do that. So to prevent him from Stun Locking, they reduced the duration.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Haha so yup
    Nerfed. Way to go kabam, it ws because of a synergy you could
    Use with him to perma stun, maybe with that synergy he will be back
    To good again, look it up. wish I had him to bother doing the research myself
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Haha so yup

Did you read @GroundedWisdom s reply? He was bugged and wasnt supposed to do that. He wasn't nerfed at all, they fixed a bug

On a separate issue, why do the may many false nerf threads people post always have the title in capitals and too many question marks???
  • Speeds80 wrote: »
    Ummm. How is cutting his stun time from 3.5 seconds to 2.4 seconds not a nerf? They have made him far less useable all around because of an overlooked synergy that made him able to perma stun, fixing the synergy wouldn't have been a Nerf but from 3.5 to 2.4 I would assume means you can't get a second combo In while stunned, that's a nerf, call a spade a spade

Yep! thats what Im saying
    he is very weak! he hits like a little girl - but the 2 combo per stun made him usable. now - i wish i could rank him down and get my 98 stones back
    @Speeds80 @gahrling @Zeperx

Hey Summoners,

We've been getting some reports that there is one specific Synergy team that allows Kang to infinitely stun his opponent with his Special 1. It's probably clear to everybody that this is not an intended mechanic, and is indeed game breaking in this specific capacity.

So a bug, NOT NERFED at all

Case

Rested
    edited December 2017
    Delta_14 wrote: »

Hey Summoners,

We've been getting some reports that there is one specific Synergy team that allows Kang to infinitely stun his opponent with his Special 1. It's probably clear to everybody that this is not an intended mechanic, and is indeed game breaking in this specific capacity.

Case

Rested

Which part of that statement are you arguing indicates it was a bug not a nerf? The closest would probably be "not an intended mechanic", which is nowhere near 'bug'. In fact, they actually acknowledge that an interaction between a synergy and Kang's ability is causing the problem, neither of which are 'bugged'.

I would strongly suggest you make a better case before resting it. Quite frankly in its present state it is rather unconvincing, and the hostility in your comments seems completely unnecessary.

Wow, never meant to come across as hostile mate, sorry if I did

Let's meet in the middle, its a glitch! All they have done is reduced his stun by 1 second as far as I can see, surely not a game-changer?

The case is nearly rested though!!
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

Hey Summoners,

Case

Rested

Actually, you just outlined a nerf... just because it wasn't an intended mechanic doesn't mean it was a bug. The champ description said he could stun for 3.5 seconds, which is what he was doing. It wasn't like they wrote 3.5 seconds and he stunned for 5 seconds. They didn't "fix" him... they changed him

They can use the words "game breaking" to justify their change, it doesn't bother me, but we should call it what it is.
    Gwenpool - nerf
    Loki - nerf
    Hela - bug... people were crying about this one, but her spirit counter wasn't resetting properly, clearly a bug.

The nerfs might be necessary to bring balance to the game, but as a community we should be clear about what each term means. There is enough confusion seeing through the double speak we get fed more often than not.

• Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    Delta_14 wrote: »

Hey Summoners,

Case

Rested

Which part of that statement are you arguing indicates it was a bug not a nerf? The closest would probably be "not an intended mechanic", which is nowhere near 'bug'. In fact, they actually acknowledge that an interaction between a synergy and Kang's ability is causing the problem, neither of which are 'bugged'.

I would strongly suggest you make a better case before resting it. Quite frankly in its present state it is rather unconvincing, and the hostility in your comments seems completely unnecessary.

Wow, never meant to come across as hostile mate, sorry if I did

Let's meet in the middle, its a glitch! All they have done is reduced his stun by 1 second as far as I can see, surely not a game-changer?

The case is nearly rested though!!

Fair enough (as a side note, I would also point out that I'm not the one flagging your comments- I'm fine with having a debate).

To me, it's a balance adjustment; the interaction was not one they've forseen, and they're changing an ability to deal with that. I'm not saying that's out-of-line, but I would argue that comes under nerf. Evidently you interpret that differently- and whilst I don't agree, I'm not going to argue (what is essentially semantics) too strongly.

However, for a character with such a low damage output, tuning down an utility ability is damaging. For example, Vision AoU has a low damage output, but he is useful because his utility abilities allow him to control his opponents power. Now imagine that his power burn was reduced by a third; in my opinion, that's damaging to the usefulness of the character. In my view, Kang is a similar case; having a long stun was situationally useful, and cutting that makes a significant difference.

Whatsmore, the ability itself was functioning fine in isolation, it was only an interaction with a specific synergy that cased a problem. There were a number of potential fixes, and to me this was the quickest/easiest (rather than the most appropriate/satisfactory, which would have dealt with the synergy interaction, rather than changing Kang's abilities outright).

In any case, Kang is hardly a champ that is widely used; both because of his availability and his ultimate usefulness. It's just a little frustrating that this change was made in the way it was, and at this point when people have invested a lot of units in trying to pull him (although I know that Kabam weren't aware of the issue until after the gifting event lauched, so I'm aware there's not a lot they could have done about it). This is the sort of issue that 12.0 was supposed to fix.

Anyways, I hope somewhere within all that, we're able to find some points of agreement!
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199

You don't seem to understand what the words 'bug' and 'glitch' mean.

At a push it could be described as an exploit (because of the specific synergies needed), hence the nerf.

Was it what the devs intended? No, it was another oversight on their part (like with the old block proficiency teams). But Kang was performing exactly as originally described.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Bug = improper performance = Fix
    Nerf = Change because its over powered

I can't believe we are arguing with him over slang words.
    ...Over a champ he will never have.
  • T_muscleT_muscle Posts: 9
    It’s a nerf, not a bug.

Kabam so mysterious about “the Synergy”. Kang could stun for 3.5 seconds. With stun mastery 3 it increased 0.5 seconds to 4 seconds. Putting Kang with a 10% power gain team (there are multiple such synergies, such as Daredevil 5% + Elektra 5%) allowed you to L1, stun, 5 hit combo, opponent still stunned while starting another 5 hit combo. When you completed the 2d 5 hit combo, you had built up L1 power again and could fire off another L1 stun before opponent could fight and restart. Reducing the stun to 2.4 seconds (2.9 with mastery) does not allow enough time for a 5 hit combo and to start another 5 hit combo while the opponent is still stunned. Thus no more stun-lock.

This has existed for 1+ year when Kang was first released. In my opinion they only changed this because somebody showed off about it and with a new 5* Kang it would be too easy to beat new content (assuming no limber, evade, power gain reduction, immune to rebuff, or other impediments to this tactic). As weak as Kang hits it would take 300+ hits to beat current new content, and LOL was never susceptible to this. People with ranked Kangs fall into the same boat as 4* scarlet witch getting nerfed (not bug fixed either).
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    T_muscle wrote: »
    It’s a nerf, not a bug.

Kabam so mysterious about “the Synergy”. Kang could stun for 3.5 seconds. With stun mastery 3 it increased 0.5 seconds to 4 seconds. Putting Kang with a 10% power gain team (there are multiple such synergies, such as Daredevil 5% + Elektra 5%) allowed you to L1, stun, 5 hit combo, opponent still stunned while starting another 5 hit combo. When you completed the 2d 5 hit combo, you had built up L1 power again and could fire off another L1 stun before opponent could fight and restart. Reducing the stun to 2.4 seconds (2.9 with mastery) does not allow enough time for a 5 hit combo and to start another 5 hit combo while the opponent is still stunned. Thus no more stun-lock.

This has existed for 1+ year when Kang was first released. In my opinion they only changed this because somebody showed off about it and with a new 5* Kang it would be too easy to beat new content (assuming no limber, evade, power gain reduction, immune to rebuff, or other impediments to this tactic). As weak as Kang hits it would take 300+ hits to beat current new content, and LOL was never susceptible to this. People with ranked Kangs fall into the same boat as 4* scarlet witch getting nerfed (not bug fixed either).

and once again we learn that people need to stop showing off about things that are not a reflection of their own skills. if anyone can do it due to that champ's abilities, then it is not a reflection of you and you are doing nothing except shining a spotlight on something that shouldn't be highlighted.

common sense goes a long way in preventing nerfs like this
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Haha so yup

Did you read @GroundedWisdom s reply? He was bugged and wasnt supposed to do that. He wasn't nerfed at all, they fixed a bug

On a separate issue, why do the may many false nerf threads people post always have the title in capitals and too many question marks???

If he wasn't supposed to do that... why was he?

They put the synergy in place, that's how it WAS supposed to work.

It's just clear no one tested him with the synergy active at Kabam
    does a reduction of 1 second to his stun make a big difference? I dont have him so dont know

If it does, then I agree it may need looking at again
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Are you kidding me? This is freaking ridiculous. Nerf the synergy then not the champ! Especially such a rare and difficult to obtain one. Come on!

I used a generic awakening gem and took him to rank 5. This just proves Kabam hasn't learned a thing since 12.0. Another screw job by Kabam. They never change! They are completely unscrupulous.

I used to spend a lot more on this game and stopped after 12.0 and even took a break from the game for a bit. I thought they were starting to sing a different tune but no! Now I regret the 99 cents I paid for the special summoner crystal. I'm out.
  • As was stated many times already, this was not a bug. A bug is only when a champ is not doing what it was supposed to do. Kang was doing what he was supposed to do as stated in the SP1 description. They may argue that it was not intended to stun lock, but that is a result of lack of testing and bad design, like SW and Thor before it, but not a bug. As such, everyone who ranked up kang needs to have compensation for this. This is a massive nerf that is game-changing for kang.
    does a reduction of 1 second to his stun make a big difference? I dont have him so dont know

Yes - it makes a huge difference. You couldn't stun lock totally (I don't even know what this freaking mysterious synergy is) but you could use it to finish the last stretch of a difficult fight if you managed your power bar correctly. Now he just sucks. So disgusted by this.
  • does a reduction of 1 second to his stun make a big difference? I dont have him so dont know

Yes, it makes a world of difference. Many people, myself included, ranked him up purely for the lengthy stun duration.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    That's a nerf. They should issue Kang specific RDTs. I don't have him but that's definitely a big change.
    Not just RDTs but they should issue an awakening gem and sig stones as well. I've sunk 78 sig stones into my Kang already.

It's hysterical how quickly they rush to "fix" something like this with lightening speed (because SO many people have Kang right?) but other bugs go unfixed for months. And how they don't even think about how they're cheating their customers. This is just pathetic.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    CammonRo wrote: »
    Not just RDTs but they should issue an awakening gem and sig stones as well. I've sunk 78 sig stones into my Kang already.

It's hysterical how quickly they rush to "fix" something like this with lightening speed (because SO many people have Kang right?) but other bugs go unfixed for months. And how they don't even think about how they're cheating their customers. This is just pathetic.

But they fixed modok right away!!!
    ;)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Wow I got a warning for calling it a nerf. Ok people can decide for themselves I'll have to check out of this one. I can understand the stigma around the word nerf after the 12.0 debarcle, maybe adjusting his powergain would have been a better solution as well

8c260v6kpkf7.png[
    It's a nerf.