**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Valiant is the new progression title

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,876 ★★★★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
launches November 15th

Must complete 8.3 and have 2 Rank 3 7-stars

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    You get 2 r3 gems from necropolis?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,876 ★★★★★

You get 2 r3 gems from necropolis?

you get 2 rank 3’s from necropolis, yes
  • Options
    RockyshockyRockyshocky Posts: 105 ★★
    I like this. if you want valiant quickly, you HAVE to beat necropolis. cant just buy it through offers. even though you can buy tons of units and force yourself through necropolis, at least you still have to do real challenging content.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,068 ★★★★★

I like this. if you want valiant quickly, you HAVE to beat necropolis. cant just buy it through offers. even though you can buy tons of units and force yourself through necropolis, at least you still have to do real challenging content.

Its terrible wdym. Every other title that ever came out was achievable day 1 by any player without any kind of spending. This one however is not.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,157 ★★★★★
    very .. and i mean VERY surprised they locked the entire player base out initially making something without the resources available in the game. i mean great business move on the heel of cyber weekend but still very surprising.

i thought no way they would have a progression that literally only .1% of the player base who whales out will obtain in any reasonable length of time. but i mentioned the one caveat to that assumption and it proved to be so.

a lot of good information nonetheless but this Valiant ... just super surprised they locked it behind content other than progression Act.
  • Options
    At this rate, any player that wants valiant but doesn't want to spend or do necropolis will have to wait about a year to get a natural 7r3. Kind of absurd. Even though I'm already caught up on story? Even worse.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Less than I expected.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Buttehrs said:

Its terrible wdym. Every other title that ever came out was achievable day 1 by any player without any kind of spending. This one however is not.
    Yeah, no. Paragon basically required a huge dump of units and money, or you had to be one of the few people who were top 10 AQ and AW to be a day 1 paragon. All you have to do to be a day 1 Valiant is explore necropolis.
    All.of that was achievable for ftp. Though. Not saying it was easy but achievable. Necropolis won't be.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Buttehrs said:

At this rate, any player that wants valiant but doesn't want to spend or do necropolis will have to wait about a year to get a natural 7r3. Kind of absurd. Even though I'm already caught up on story? Even worse.

So you're caught up on story (meaning there is nothing else for you to complete/explore), and you want them to just give Valiant to you in some way without doing anything else?

8.4, whenever it releases, will grant one 7R3 when you've fully explored Act 8. They can't just grant Valiant based on one 7R3, as people will complain the spenders can just buy one 7R3 during Cyber Week or Christmas and immediately be Valiant.

They could have required Necropolis completion/exploration, and that would be worse. At least with this route, it means big spenders can't just instantly become Valiant, and there are different avenues to obtaining 7R3 over time. Money will only save on time or needing to do Necropolis.
  • Options
    altavista said:

Buttehrs said:

So you're caught up on story (meaning there is nothing else for you to complete/explore), and you want them to just give Valiant to you in some way without doing anything else?

8.4, whenever it releases, will grant when you've fully explored Act 8. They can't just grant Valiant based on that, as people will complain the spenders can just buy one 7R3 and immediately be Valiant.
    Ok so then why make it 8.3 completion then? Why not 8.4? Just seems out of place.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Pikolu said:

Buttehrs said:

Yeah, no. Paragon basically required a huge dump of units and money, or you had to be one of the few people who were top 10 AQ and AW to be a day 1 paragon. All you have to do to be a day 1 Valiant is explore necropolis.
    All.of that was achievable for ftp. Though. Not saying it was easy but achievable. Necropolis won't be.
    You actually need skill for this one. Extremely simple this time. Just explore a quest and you are valiant.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

altavista said:

Buttehrs said:

8.4, whenever it releases, will grant when you've fully explored Act 8. They can't just grant Valiant based on that, as people will complain the spenders can just buy one 7R3 and immediately be Valiant.
    Ok so then why make it 8.3 completion then? Why not 8.4? Just seems out of place.
    So people can have it on November 15th and not have to wait 5 months??????

Also Necropolis will be doable F2P, just have the right champions and enough revives.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★
    Damn kinda feeling down that it's just 2 r3, I kinda like the chase, I would've prefer for r4 requirement but this just indicates that Kabam wants to slow things a lot till they start to push players towards r4

Tho does anyone know what was fastest time window for players to achieve Thronebreaker and Paragon when it released? Was it too much grind?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

You think Kabam will just release a new title that 80% of Paragons will be able to achieve in a night or two?
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,866 ★★★★
    Sorry - I must have missed it but when is Necropolis launching? I’m assuming next week with the next patch given the timing of the title?
  • Options

Sorry - I must have missed it but when is Necropolis launching? I’m assuming next week with the next patch given the timing of the title?

15th
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Damn kinda feeling down that it's just 2 r3, I kinda like the chase, I would've prefer for r4 requirement but this just indicates that Kabam wants to slow things a lot till they start to push players towards r4

Tho does anyone know what was fastest time window for players to achieve Thronebreaker and Paragon when it released? Was it too much grind?

You logged in after the update and you already had it if you were even remotely an end game player.
  • Options
    AndiKnightAndiKnight Posts: 6
    You don't need it Day 1, from what I've seen the bonuses aren't that massive. Progession titles past Cavalier have all been nice to have, not must-have from Day 1.
    The only reason why I'd kind of understand being opposed to 2 R3 7*s is because the 7* pool is still a bit "meh" overall, and people don't want to rank up mid-tier champs. But in that case, again: Wait. Back when 6*s were introduced, the pool was "meh" too, and you got like one 6* a month, at best. And now, look where we are.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    edited November 2023

You don't need it Day 1, from what I've seen the bonuses aren't that massive. Progession titles past Cavalier have all been nice to have, not must-have from Day 1.
    The only reason why I'd kind of understand being opposed to 2 R3 7*s is because the 7* pool is still a bit "meh" overall, and people don't want to rank up mid-tier champs. But in that case, again: Wait. Back when 6*s were introduced, the pool was "meh" too, and you got like one 6* a month, at best. And now, look where we are.

Yeah. One of the perks of Progression titles is the privilege of spending money/units on special offers.

Most FTP players (like myself) aren't really gonna be spending money to get the best offers to begin with. Yes $100 has more purchasing power as a Valiant vs Paragon/TB, but if FTP was not gonna spend $100 to begin with, the distinction is meaningless. Unit offers will probably be better as well, but as a mostly FTP who doesn't grind arena, I'm not gonna be purchasing the high end (more valuable) offers anyways as I budget for Banquet gifting.

Daily crystals are nice, but we will have to see what type of crystal Valiants get.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,428 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Thronebreaker was available day one if you had a r3 6* but that was only possible if you did Abyss day 1. Not sure what you’re remembering
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,222 ★★★★
    What’s the average people spent on Abyss back in the day for completion, 3k units or so? Let’s say Necropolis is 5 times harder, so 15k give or take. I'd say the completion rewards are well worth it for that amount of units.

The real question is going to be in which bundles and how much are the r3 materials for Cyber Weekend? If they're raw resources packed in various bundles, cool...I can complete a r3 for one of my current r2s since I already have most of those resources saved up.

But if it's, say, a 2-3 gem (meaning no T4A fragments whatsoever) that's only attainable after spending 36-40k units on offers? That's a problem...cause most, if not all my stash got used to do Necropolis completion leading up to these sales.