Options

Welcome to the Necropolis! My first clear experience

Comments

• Options
    YermawYermaw Posts: 25
    ahmynuts said:

For some reason that Tigra absolutely was clapping me. It wasn't even a hard fight but it's the one i used to most revives on lol

Who did you use against apoc, tigra etc
  • Options
    IliphasIliphas Posts: 49
    Guys! Be sure to take a champion with immunity to reverse control, the third phase is absolutely easy for him and you will save a ton of resources, just try it! I took Juggernaut and completed the third phase in two attempts, the fourth phase in one.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

This is giving me hope. I have Aegon, Kate, Shuri, Adam Warlock, and Stryfe as far as the commonly used champs all as 6 stars. I can r4 them but I can’t r5 them. Planning to do the completion before the end of the year. Currently have 2k units but with the arena, I should be able to get to a lot more by the end of the year.

Just do it with Aegon at r4 and use the gem to r5 him.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★
    This will be my holy bible/bhagvat gita/quran
  • Options
    Black_wid0wBlack_wid0w Posts: 32
    Iliphas said:

Guys! Be sure to take a champion with immunity to reverse control, the third phase is absolutely easy for him and you will save a ton of resources, just try it! I took Juggernaut and completed the third phase in two attempts, the fourth phase in one.

But you'll get direct damage per second in phase 3 with a reverse control immune champion
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Iliphas said:

But you'll get direct damage per second in phase 3 with a reverse control immune champion
    It's for phase 4, not 3.
  • Options
    Well written writeup, congrats on the rewards!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,487 ★★★★★
    Iliphas said:

Iliphas said:

This is the nuance! Not 2% direct damage, but 2% of the current HP and at 10% HP, Juggernaut received 45 damage per tick! Just play carefully. I tried without immunity, the Grandmaster was as unfriendly as possible, did not give up 1 special attack and stupidly pinned me in a corner + had no luck with missions at all. Without a champion immune to reverse control, I won’t go there anymore.
    That's interesting - I was hoping that there was a cost for reverse controls, but it wasn't too high.

Wiccan might find some use in an earlier phase, then...
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 861 ★★★★
    Good write up OP.

Congratulations and thanks for trying to help us out.
  • Options
    IliphasIliphas Posts: 49

Iliphas said:

Iliphas said:

This is the nuance! Not 2% direct damage, but 2% of the current HP and at 10% HP, Juggernaut received 45 damage per tick! Just play carefully. I tried without immunity, the Grandmaster was as unfriendly as possible, did not give up 1 special attack and stupidly pinned me in a corner + had no luck with missions at all. Without a champion immune to reverse control, I won’t go there anymore.
    That's interesting - I was hoping that there was a cost for reverse controls, but it wasn't too high.

Wiccan might find some use in an earlier phase, then...
    The only small nuance is that Juggernaut has a 25% damage reduction under the Cyttorak gem, maybe that’s why it was as comfortable as possible?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,389 ★★★★★

Sorry if this comment posts twice, my computer might be glitching a bit, but here's a video I did of me trying to get the Titania fight mechanics down. I made a lot of mistakes as you can see but I hope to try and get the sp2 evade downn. Sorry that there's no sound, I usually play while watching other MCOC youtubers

People did not disagree to the interaction.
    Those disagrees in your first comment came from 'Quoting' the essay OP worte. So much to scroll. Man I grew old by 5 years scrolling through that quote.
    @ShtickRick we learn and we grow 💪
  • Options
    ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210

Sorry if this comment posts twice, my computer might be glitching a bit, but here's a video I did of me trying to get the Titania fight mechanics down. I made a lot of mistakes as you can see but I hope to try and get the sp2 evade downn. Sorry that there's no sound, I usually play while watching other MCOC youtubers

People did not disagree to the interaction.
    Those disagrees in your first comment came from 'Quoting' the essay OP worte. So much to scroll. Man I grew old by 5 years scrolling through that quote.
    @ShtickRick we learn and we grow 💪
    Wait really? Guess that's my bad then, thanks for the insight
  • Options
    StfckrStfckr Posts: 36
    Haven’t seen too many posts about bringing in White Mags to support. I’m thinking he would be one of the best options for phase 4 and would boost up aegon 8% attack on all paths, + 15% with preflight on boss. +20% with Nick and Aegon is hitting hard. Building up a bit more stash before I go in. Thoughts?
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,131 ★★★★
    @willrun4adonut I'm genuinely intrigued as to whether aegon can chip down this GM too. May try the old one a few times and see if I can actually dodge his sp1...

The insight from @Iliphas is huge on the degen from reversed controls..
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 873 ★★★★
    Stfckr said:

Haven’t seen too many posts about bringing in White Mags to support. I’m thinking he would be one of the best options for phase 4 and would boost up aegon 8% attack on all paths, + 15% with preflight on boss. +20% with Nick and Aegon is hitting hard. Building up a bit more stash before I go in. Thoughts?

Definitely a good shout, I reckon the perfect team would probably be aegon, fury (kill him for 20% attack), wags, proxima (increased fury potency + emergency combo shield when struck) and heimdall (indestructible does not proc but from what I'm seeing he still completely negates the killing blow, this means that he provides a free sp3 tank). Could be missing something though but from the top of my head this team should be great.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★

Stfckr said:

Definitely a good shout, I reckon the perfect team would probably be aegon, fury (kill him for 20% attack), wags, proxima (increased fury potency + emergency combo shield when struck) and heimdall (indestructible does not proc but from what I'm seeing he still completely negates the killing blow, this means that he provides a free sp3 tank). Could be missing something though but from the top of my head this team should be great.
    Might want a reverse control immune champ for GM
  • Options

Isn’t White Mags reverse control immune?
  • Options
    Just checked and he has #psychic shielding
  • Options

Stfckr said:

Forgot about that lol, you could probably kick out mags and then bring in someone like wiccan to deal with that.

And @Stfckr white mags has psychic shielding, it is not full reverse control immunity so I don't think it works.
  • Options
    Dang it! I thought I was on to something. Juggs should work though, right?
  • Options
    Stfckr said:

Dang it! I thought I was on to something. Juggs should work though, right?

Juggs does indeed work
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I only have 5* Wiccan.

Is it feasible for a player with average skills (not often having many silly moves but does happen in a long fight) to deal with the GM final reverse control phase if bringing a 5R5 Sig200 Ascended Wiccan?

You cannot use wiccan for phase 3, as he will take constant take damage. For phase 4, the final phase, it does not matter what star level really, as it is not about doing damage, it is just about doing the intercept, sp1,sp2,sp3 and then a single point of damage
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Thank you so much for this. Helped a lot in my run. I used r1 Wiccan for aurwalker and arkus. Airwalker I was able to take out 30% in a run even with him triggering the Galactus buff twice.
  • Options
    Boomstick80Boomstick80 Posts: 1
    Air walker can easily be done with chavez. Get 3 dimensional charges you can back him into the corner and spam heavy attack. Was able to completely shut down his power gain and use sp2 when relic was available used sp2 1st then relic then back to spam heavy. Took 4 revives because of timing slip ups. Wiccan can be done with Shuri and despair mastery where you keep shock charges on him and bait his sp1 he can't regenerate. I never used sp2 just kept spamming sp1 and kept him at 50 shock charges which kept him at around 3700 shock per tic 5 revives since Shuri is r4. A r5 ægon/shuri could handle psycho-man. Guardian r5 ægon took a couple revives only from miss timing his sp1. I'm currently at valkyrie with minimum health with ægon still took 15% off her but she does seem to be a challenge
  • Options
    This is a awesome guide! I'm halfway though and you've made the fights so much easier by typing them out. Used about 15 revives so far. Hopefully I can get some good ai again in the morning.
  • Options
    HollowKisameHollowKisame Posts: 40

Air walker can easily be done with chavez. Get 3 dimensional charges you can back him into the corner and spam heavy attack. Was able to completely shut down his power gain and use sp2 when relic was available used sp2 1st then relic then back to spam heavy. Took 4 revives because of timing slip ups. Wiccan can be done with Shuri and despair mastery where you keep shock charges on him and bait his sp1 he can't regenerate. I never used sp2 just kept spamming sp1 and kept him at 50 shock charges which kept him at around 3700 shock per tic 5 revives since Shuri is r4. A r5 ægon/shuri could handle psycho-man. Guardian r5 ægon took a couple revives only from miss timing his sp1. I'm currently at valkyrie with minimum health with ægon still took 15% off her but she does seem to be a challenge

does shuri need to be awakened?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,546 ★★★★
    @HollowKisame Not required, but it helps
  • Options
    dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★

Welp, first guide I've made in a long time. Let's see how things go shall we?

The Squad
    6* R4 sig 140 Aegon with BP relic
    6* R4 sig 20 Zemo with Valkyrie relic
    5* R4 OG BP, along with 6* and 5* BPCW (for extra bleed damage, was hoping to buff zemo and to an extent aegon for this run)

The Stash:
    4430 units
    20 L1 revives
    20 L2 revives plus 7 in the stash
    Max stacks of L3 potions plus 256 in stash
    25 L4 potions plus 7 in the stash
    10 L5 potions
    6 L2 team revives
    220 free crystals
    A few of the big 1 hour health, attack and champion boosts

Masteries: had a basic setup with no suicides, had 1 point in deep wounds for both zemo and aegon.

Journey To The Grandmaster (Started on titania path and then took the path starting with guardian)

TRAP NODE ALERT: From Titania to Psycho Man you will have a trap node where you gain tranquilize whenever you parry an attack. This means that your parries and other debuffs may fail from time to time as a result. Try to minimize parrying if possible and be ready for a parry to fail if you have a tranquilize on you.

AMBUSH NOTE: On the path you will very likely be ambushed by a treasure deadpooloid or two. These guys only have around 140K health so they are quite easy to deal with. He has prompts at 66% and 33% to complete before you can keep dealing damage to him, and if you kill him in 60 seconds or less he will give your champ 25% more attack for the next 2 fights. In terms of special attacks he has joe fixit's sp2 and elektra's sp1 so very easy to evade.

Titania was a bit annoying. Basically if you dash back too often she's going to pause her haymaker, and if it isn't active she'll inflict weakness debuffs instead. Use aegon and get him ramped up here. Be aware that once your necropolis charges reaches half of the starting value (70 for a 6* R4) the opponent will hit considerably harder and you will be rooted during their specials. This combined with titania's haymaker can make for a rough time. For safety, you'll ideally want to quit out of the fight as soon as she hit the first enrage to bank your combo. If the haymaker is still on cooldown you can probably go for a little longer, but as far as I'm aware titania's specials can't be fully evaded when rooted. 9 revives here, lost the combo on a lot of silly mistakes so the ramp up could definitely be faster, ended this fight with around 400 combo.

Aarkus is quite annoying. Whenever you purify one of his armor breaks or coldsnap debuffs, he gets a stacking power gain passive. This combined with his base power gain can make things get out of hand real fast. Use aegon and do 4 hit combos before dashing back to prevent him from armor breaking you. If you want you can use sp2 for damage as long as you don't back aarkus up against the wall. Don't be afraid to eat some sp2 block damage if you have to, though do be aware it can be very deadly once he enrages. Be as open as possible when baiting special attacks and make sure to quit out of the fight to bank your combo if you are about to die. 7 revives, ended this one with around 700 combo.

Now here's where the run starts to get juicy. Omega Sentinel was the fight where Aegon really started to put in work. She has parry on her autoblock, however with Aegon's true accuracy that's not really a problem. Later on she starts gaining more armor when you crit her and becomes armor break immune when either champion blocks, but that's not really anything special. Don't use sp2 or you will trigger her self- repair, instead charge your heavy and let her hit you to get the furies so you can deal some mega damage. Bait sp1 as it is fairly easy to evade even when you are rooted and you should be good. 4 revives, got to around 950 combo on this fight.

Air-Walker was quite a nuisance. He basically gains his sp3 galactus buff every 15 seconds unless you knock him down, however this buff makes him unstoppable and also heals him for a massive amount. I tried both Aegon and Zemo for this fight and found Aegon to be the quicker option overall. Use heavy attacks and specials whenever you can, especially if you are about to start baiting specials. If he does get the buff, QUIT THE FIGHT IMMEDIATELY or else he will heal up like crazy. 9 revives plus 3 team revives for this one, mostly because I was experimenting with Zemo on this fight as well. (Fun fact, getting rooted actually makes dexing his specials easier since his sp1 projectile is normally slow as hell, try to bait sp1 but he gets pushed to sp2 it is possible to fully evade it when rooted, it's basically a punch and then perfectly timed version of cyclops' sp1)

Captain Britain was annoying, but once you get used to it it's not terrible. Whenever you purify a debuff, your controls get inverted for 4 seconds. This means that when you are using Aegon you are going to have inverted controls for about 70% of the fight. Play around the controls and watch out for the timer expiring if she starts being passive. When enraged, bait sp1 as the sp2 is much trickier to fully evade when rooted. And of course, charge your heavy and get those furies. 7 revives.

Wiccan was a pain because I didn't have the right strategy at first, however once I figured it out he was fairly straightforward. He gains a timer while both champs have the same power bar level, and if it expires he steals all of your power. This is quite easy to manage, however you MUST push him to sp2 and bait that out constantly, his sp1 is easier to evade but gives him a massive heal on activation. Heal up on this fight to take some incinerate and sp2 damage if you have to and you should be good. 6 revives.

Psycho Man was easy. Complete his prompts, dex his specials, get your furies, win. 2 revives.

TRAP NODE ALERT: A new node has appeared. There is no more tranquilize, but whenever you land the same combo ender twice in a row it will be auto blocked. Aegon true accuracy and unblockable exists though so this is not really a problem at all.

Guardian was easy, he basically gains armor every few seconds and gains power whenever you hit his block. Would be a real shame for him if Aegon had unblockable... Bait sp1, hit him until someone dies, revive, repeat. Try not to charge heavy too much since his shock damage on crits can bypass your damage cap. 3 revives.

Valkyrie is a bit quirky with Aegon. She gains a pierce passive whenever either champion strikes block, however her specials cost nothing if she doesn't have it. With Aegon's unblockable above 999 combo, this calls for a change in strategy. At the start of the fight, DO NOT HIT HER DIRECTLY. Instead, pound into her block until she reaches about 100 combo. At this point, go bananas. Try to deal as much damage as possible, though be aware that a single blocked hit will almost certainly kill you. Additionally, she will ignore your unstoppable on your heavy attacks so don't use those either. Once she enrages, try to push her to sp2 as from my experience the sp1 is impossible to fully evade while rooted. 5 revives.

Red Guardian is cheesy. Use heavy attacks to gain power without breaking his shield, then use a relic or special attack to break it safely. Once his shield is broken, charge heavy to gain your furies if you can and get some juicy damage. Watch out for the periodic unblockable below 40% and you should be fine. When enraged, try to push to sp2 as sp1 is quite difficult to evade when rooted. 1 revive.

Sam Wilson was long but nothing special. He inflicts rupture debuffs if you hit his block but that's not a problem for Aegon. Bait sp1 and try not to charge heavy too much since he can inflict instant rupture on crits. 4 revives.

Dragon Man was sluggish. Every 3 crits you land on him gives him stun immunity for a few seconds, so make sure to bait those specials. Block the third and fourth hits of the sp1 to remove his power charge and charge heavy if the opportunity presents itself. Very long fight, heal up to take more special attack damage. 6 revives.

Cap was easy. He basically rotates between his class abilities from his sig, only one you need to worry about is skill since he will consume his kinetic potential to purify debuffs. Both specials are easy to dex while rooted so a solo is absolutely possible on this fight. Used 1 revive here.

Nova was a slogger. Whenever you stand near him for 6 seconds he gets a charge, and he power burns you at 5 charges. This isn't hard to manage, but your unblockable attacks will deal 70% less damage for most of the fight. Bait and dodge his specials, both are easy to evade even when rooted. Charge your heavy and get furies. 7 revives.

And now the main event, Nameless Grandmaster...

First things first, there is no more necropolis global nodes. No more root, yay! But the Grandmaster definitely makes up for it lol. Here's a phase-by-phase breakdown of the fight...

The first phase is straightforward. Parry and use heavy to try and get the knockdown challenge banned asap. From there, use light attacks, parry and dexterity to get those banned as well. Dodge the sp1 blast and follow the cubes and you will have him wounded. However, if you see the green circle on grandmaster start to tick down, a red light is about to occur. During a red light, DO NOT MOVE OR BLOCK OR DO ANYTHING or else you will gain failure tokens. Be ready to move as soon as the red light ends because the grandmaster can smack you immediately if you aren't on your toes. Save your strikers for when he is wounded and then use them to pause the wounded phase to deal more damage.

Second phase involves completing his challenges, but you should only do the challenges if there is a "Grandmaster says" prompt on the right side of the screen. Otherwise, you must deliberately fail the challenge. Bait sp1 and complete the games and you will eventually wound him. Be aware that he is now stun immune for the rest of the fight.

Third phase is the same as phase 2, except your controls are permanently inverted and the grandmaster has ridiculous power gain. Try to stay away from cornering the grandmaster since it will make his power gain even worse. Prepare to eat some sp2s in this phase. Do not use champs with reverse control immunity since you will start degening.

Now the final phase... is utterly ridiculous.

During this phase, you have intercept him and hit him with a sp1, sp2 and sp3 to finally KO him, however EVERY action you take that isn't blocking will invert your controls or revert them again. This includes stuff like basic attacks as well as dashing back, so it's very easy to get lost. (For example, if you wanted to dash back twice and your controls were not inverted, you must swipe left, and then swipe right because your controls will then be inverted). Luckily, his removed immortality effects will not come back even if you die, so if you intercepted him and then died, you won't have to intercept him again to kill him. Bringing someone with reverse control immunity (ie. Professor X) to deal with this phase is not a bad idea for your first clear. First 3 phases took me 4 revives, final phase took me 12 revives.

And that's that! Overall Necropolis first clear wasn't too bad, you can honestly just do it with aegon and a team built around him. Very happy with the end result.

The Final Cost:
    1600 units spent on L2 single revives
    All of my stashed revives except for 3 L1 revives
    3 team revives
    All of my potions in the stash
    5 each of the 1 hour health, attack and champion boosters, plus some 30 minute health boosters since I ran out
    150 free crystals, got 3 L2 revives, 2 L1 revives and a lot of L4 and L5 potions from those
    About 6 hours of my Wednesday

The Rewards:
    Pulled a cosmic 7* 2-3 gem. Best option for that rn is surfer so probably gonna save it for now.
    Selected a tech and mutant from my 7* selectors, got gambit and also shuri. Groovy.
    Pulled a 6* venom relic from my relic crystal. Probably will give it to my 6* venom.
    Put my extra mastery point into deep wounds. Aside from aegon and zemo I also have fury and mole man at R4 so I think they will get a real nice benefit out of it.
    Saving my 7* generic 1-2 gem for shuri, if I can somehow get tech iso first (kabam please)
    Got 200 tier 2 pixie dust from my necropolis chest, used it to ascend Aegon. He now joins Mr. Negative as my 2nd ascended 6*.
    And of course, the 6* Maestro. Gonna have to do some testing with the guy, seems like a defense champ for the most part but hopefully he's got some sauce.

And just like that, I am now Ruler of the Necropolis! (At least until I start exploring this thing lol).

Final thoughts
    1. Take up your Aegons, folks.
    2. The Zemogate is real. I barely used Zemo this run, so he could definitely be swapped out for someone like proxima to juice up aegon a bit more.
    3. My team definitely was not the best for an Aegon-centric build. Build your team around Aegon alone if you are planning on using him for your first clear. He can do this path completely by himself.
    4. Suicides will definitely help out here. These fights have around 7-8 million hitpoints, and the final grandmaster has around 12 million, so more damage will be appreciated
    5. Boost and TAKE BREAKS. Don't be like me and complete it day 1. Please.
    6. It'll probably be a minute before I do another path in this thing. Gonna build the stash back up again and take Shuri to R2 before I consider doing another run.

Hope this helped y'all!

Welp, first guide I've made in a long time. Let's see how things go shall we?

The Squad
    6* R4 sig 140 Aegon with BP relic
    6* R4 sig 20 Zemo with Valkyrie relic
    5* R4 OG BP, along with 6* and 5* BPCW (for extra bleed damage, was hoping to buff zemo and to an extent aegon for this run)

The Stash:
    4430 units
    20 L1 revives
    20 L2 revives plus 7 in the stash
    Max stacks of L3 potions plus 256 in stash
    25 L4 potions plus 7 in the stash
    10 L5 potions
    6 L2 team revives
    220 free crystals
    A few of the big 1 hour health, attack and champion boosts

Masteries: had a basic setup with no suicides, had 1 point in deep wounds for both zemo and aegon.

Journey To The Grandmaster (Started on titania path and then took the path starting with guardian)

TRAP NODE ALERT: From Titania to Psycho Man you will have a trap node where you gain tranquilize whenever you parry an attack. This means that your parries and other debuffs may fail from time to time as a result. Try to minimize parrying if possible and be ready for a parry to fail if you have a tranquilize on you.

AMBUSH NOTE: On the path you will very likely be ambushed by a treasure deadpooloid or two. These guys only have around 140K health so they are quite easy to deal with. He has prompts at 66% and 33% to complete before you can keep dealing damage to him, and if you kill him in 60 seconds or less he will give your champ 25% more attack for the next 2 fights. In terms of special attacks he has joe fixit's sp2 and elektra's sp1 so very easy to evade.

Titania was a bit annoying. Basically if you dash back too often she's going to pause her haymaker, and if it isn't active she'll inflict weakness debuffs instead. Use aegon and get him ramped up here. Be aware that once your necropolis charges reaches half of the starting value (70 for a 6* R4) the opponent will hit considerably harder and you will be rooted during their specials. This combined with titania's haymaker can make for a rough time. For safety, you'll ideally want to quit out of the fight as soon as she hit the first enrage to bank your combo. If the haymaker is still on cooldown you can probably go for a little longer, but as far as I'm aware titania's specials can't be fully evaded when rooted. 9 revives here, lost the combo on a lot of silly mistakes so the ramp up could definitely be faster, ended this fight with around 400 combo.

Aarkus is quite annoying. Whenever you purify one of his armor breaks or coldsnap debuffs, he gets a stacking power gain passive. This combined with his base power gain can make things get out of hand real fast. Use aegon and do 4 hit combos before dashing back to prevent him from armor breaking you. If you want you can use sp2 for damage as long as you don't back aarkus up against the wall. Don't be afraid to eat some sp2 block damage if you have to, though do be aware it can be very deadly once he enrages. Be as open as possible when baiting special attacks and make sure to quit out of the fight to bank your combo if you are about to die. 7 revives, ended this one with around 700 combo.

Now here's where the run starts to get juicy. Omega Sentinel was the fight where Aegon really started to put in work. She has parry on her autoblock, however with Aegon's true accuracy that's not really a problem. Later on she starts gaining more armor when you crit her and becomes armor break immune when either champion blocks, but that's not really anything special. Don't use sp2 or you will trigger her self- repair, instead charge your heavy and let her hit you to get the furies so you can deal some mega damage. Bait sp1 as it is fairly easy to evade even when you are rooted and you should be good. 4 revives, got to around 950 combo on this fight.

Air-Walker was quite a nuisance. He basically gains his sp3 galactus buff every 15 seconds unless you knock him down, however this buff makes him unstoppable and also heals him for a massive amount. I tried both Aegon and Zemo for this fight and found Aegon to be the quicker option overall. Use heavy attacks and specials whenever you can, especially if you are about to start baiting specials. If he does get the buff, QUIT THE FIGHT IMMEDIATELY or else he will heal up like crazy. 9 revives plus 3 team revives for this one, mostly because I was experimenting with Zemo on this fight as well. (Fun fact, getting rooted actually makes dexing his specials easier since his sp1 projectile is normally slow as hell, try to bait sp1 but he gets pushed to sp2 it is possible to fully evade it when rooted, it's basically a punch and then perfectly timed version of cyclops' sp1)

Captain Britain was annoying, but once you get used to it it's not terrible. Whenever you purify a debuff, your controls get inverted for 4 seconds. This means that when you are using Aegon you are going to have inverted controls for about 70% of the fight. Play around the controls and watch out for the timer expiring if she starts being passive. When enraged, bait sp1 as the sp2 is much trickier to fully evade when rooted. And of course, charge your heavy and get those furies. 7 revives.

Wiccan was a pain because I didn't have the right strategy at first, however once I figured it out he was fairly straightforward. He gains a timer while both champs have the same power bar level, and if it expires he steals all of your power. This is quite easy to manage, however you MUST push him to sp2 and bait that out constantly, his sp1 is easier to evade but gives him a massive heal on activation. Heal up on this fight to take some incinerate and sp2 damage if you have to and you should be good. 6 revives.

Psycho Man was easy. Complete his prompts, dex his specials, get your furies, win. 2 revives.

TRAP NODE ALERT: A new node has appeared. There is no more tranquilize, but whenever you land the same combo ender twice in a row it will be auto blocked. Aegon true accuracy and unblockable exists though so this is not really a problem at all.

Guardian was easy, he basically gains armor every few seconds and gains power whenever you hit his block. Would be a real shame for him if Aegon had unblockable... Bait sp1, hit him until someone dies, revive, repeat. Try not to charge heavy too much since his shock damage on crits can bypass your damage cap. 3 revives.

Valkyrie is a bit quirky with Aegon. She gains a pierce passive whenever either champion strikes block, however her specials cost nothing if she doesn't have it. With Aegon's unblockable above 999 combo, this calls for a change in strategy. At the start of the fight, DO NOT HIT HER DIRECTLY. Instead, pound into her block until she reaches about 100 combo. At this point, go bananas. Try to deal as much damage as possible, though be aware that a single blocked hit will almost certainly kill you. Additionally, she will ignore your unstoppable on your heavy attacks so don't use those either. Once she enrages, try to push her to sp2 as from my experience the sp1 is impossible to fully evade while rooted. 5 revives.

Red Guardian is cheesy. Use heavy attacks to gain power without breaking his shield, then use a relic or special attack to break it safely. Once his shield is broken, charge heavy to gain your furies if you can and get some juicy damage. Watch out for the periodic unblockable below 40% and you should be fine. When enraged, try to push to sp2 as sp1 is quite difficult to evade when rooted. 1 revive.

Sam Wilson was long but nothing special. He inflicts rupture debuffs if you hit his block but that's not a problem for Aegon. Bait sp1 and try not to charge heavy too much since he can inflict instant rupture on crits. 4 revives.

Dragon Man was sluggish. Every 3 crits you land on him gives him stun immunity for a few seconds, so make sure to bait those specials. Block the third and fourth hits of the sp1 to remove his power charge and charge heavy if the opportunity presents itself. Very long fight, heal up to take more special attack damage. 6 revives.

Cap was easy. He basically rotates between his class abilities from his sig, only one you need to worry about is skill since he will consume his kinetic potential to purify debuffs. Both specials are easy to dex while rooted so a solo is absolutely possible on this fight. Used 1 revive here.

Nova was a slogger. Whenever you stand near him for 6 seconds he gets a charge, and he power burns you at 5 charges. This isn't hard to manage, but your unblockable attacks will deal 70% less damage for most of the fight. Bait and dodge his specials, both are easy to evade even when rooted. Charge your heavy and get furies. 7 revives.

And now the main event, Nameless Grandmaster...

First things first, there is no more necropolis global nodes. No more root, yay! But the Grandmaster definitely makes up for it lol. Here's a phase-by-phase breakdown of the fight...

The first phase is straightforward. Parry and use heavy to try and get the knockdown challenge banned asap. From there, use light attacks, parry and dexterity to get those banned as well. Dodge the sp1 blast and follow the cubes and you will have him wounded. However, if you see the green circle on grandmaster start to tick down, a red light is about to occur. During a red light, DO NOT MOVE OR BLOCK OR DO ANYTHING or else you will gain failure tokens. Be ready to move as soon as the red light ends because the grandmaster can smack you immediately if you aren't on your toes. Save your strikers for when he is wounded and then use them to pause the wounded phase to deal more damage.

Second phase involves completing his challenges, but you should only do the challenges if there is a "Grandmaster says" prompt on the right side of the screen. Otherwise, you must deliberately fail the challenge. Bait sp1 and complete the games and you will eventually wound him. Be aware that he is now stun immune for the rest of the fight.

Third phase is the same as phase 2, except your controls are permanently inverted and the grandmaster has ridiculous power gain. Try to stay away from cornering the grandmaster since it will make his power gain even worse. Prepare to eat some sp2s in this phase. Do not use champs with reverse control immunity since you will start degening.

Now the final phase... is utterly ridiculous.

During this phase, you have intercept him and hit him with a sp1, sp2 and sp3 to finally KO him, however EVERY action you take that isn't blocking will invert your controls or revert them again. This includes stuff like basic attacks as well as dashing back, so it's very easy to get lost. (For example, if you wanted to dash back twice and your controls were not inverted, you must swipe left, and then swipe right because your controls will then be inverted). Luckily, his removed immortality effects will not come back even if you die, so if you intercepted him and then died, you won't have to intercept him again to kill him. Bringing someone with reverse control immunity (ie. Professor X) to deal with this phase is not a bad idea for your first clear. First 3 phases took me 4 revives, final phase took me 12 revives.

And that's that! Overall Necropolis first clear wasn't too bad, you can honestly just do it with aegon and a team built around him. Very happy with the end result.

The Final Cost:
    1600 units spent on L2 single revives
    All of my stashed revives except for 3 L1 revives
    3 team revives
    All of my potions in the stash
    5 each of the 1 hour health, attack and champion boosters, plus some 30 minute health boosters since I ran out
    150 free crystals, got 3 L2 revives, 2 L1 revives and a lot of L4 and L5 potions from those
    About 6 hours of my Wednesday

The Rewards:
    Pulled a cosmic 7* 2-3 gem. Best option for that rn is surfer so probably gonna save it for now.
    Selected a tech and mutant from my 7* selectors, got gambit and also shuri. Groovy.
    Pulled a 6* venom relic from my relic crystal. Probably will give it to my 6* venom.
    Put my extra mastery point into deep wounds. Aside from aegon and zemo I also have fury and mole man at R4 so I think they will get a real nice benefit out of it.
    Saving my 7* generic 1-2 gem for shuri, if I can somehow get tech iso first (kabam please)
    Got 200 tier 2 pixie dust from my necropolis chest, used it to ascend Aegon. He now joins Mr. Negative as my 2nd ascended 6*.
    And of course, the 6* Maestro. Gonna have to do some testing with the guy, seems like a defense champ for the most part but hopefully he's got some sauce.

And just like that, I am now Ruler of the Necropolis! (At least until I start exploring this thing lol).

Final thoughts
    1. Take up your Aegons, folks.
    2. The Zemogate is real. I barely used Zemo this run, so he could definitely be swapped out for someone like proxima to juice up aegon a bit more.
    3. My team definitely was not the best for an Aegon-centric build. Build your team around Aegon alone if you are planning on using him for your first clear. He can do this path completely by himself.
    4. Suicides will definitely help out here. These fights have around 7-8 million hitpoints, and the final grandmaster has around 12 million, so more damage will be appreciated
    5. Boost and TAKE BREAKS. Don't be like me and complete it day 1. Please.
    6. It'll probably be a minute before I do another path in this thing. Gonna build the stash back up again and take Shuri to R2 before I consider doing another run.

Hope this helped y'all!

just waiting to get that dupe on my 6* aegon haha
  • Options
    HollowKisameHollowKisame Posts: 40
    edited December 2023
    Wish me luck on my attempt..lol