Options

Alliance Quest Season 11 - Event Setup 2.0

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,872 Guardian
    edited November 2023
    ** BUG in AW HISTORY screen **

With staggered days, in case of BG1 and BG3 were active (and completed thru Boss) but BG2 had the day off (not enlisted).

HISTORY screen says “2 BattleGroups” at top (as a title).

Then scroll thru the individual BG's for that day..
    BG1 shows correctly.
    BG2 shows as Loss with Zero Points (OK, was not enlisted that day).

** But then, BG3 *DOES NOT SHOW UP* in that History List.

It had similar points to BG1, and score is indeed included in the OVERALL points summary, just doesn’t show individually.
    Can not see Explore %, individual member scores in that BG, etc.

From pic below (correctly for BG2), but if you try clicking NEXT BG arrow it scrolls back to OVERALL tab and not to BG3.

Don’t know if intent in this new system was to NOT show BG2 (since it was off), but somehow was still showing BG2, and since designed to just show # of active BG's it thus left off showing of BG3 ?? Or are Inactive BG's still supposed to show when you scroll thru the BG's here ??

• Options
    Hen4yHen4y Posts: 25
    Hen4y said:

sorry guys, it's intentional for map 8 at day 1 defenders 7s r3 with 15,000 attack on the path and mini boss with 40k attack? Final
    Boss same destiny… @Kabam Miike

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra anyone?
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    I haven't seen mention of the impact on timeline for switching alliances. Previously, there were 2.5+ days between the arrival of weekly AQ rewards and the start of the next 8 day series. But now, if weekly rewards drop after day 7, that's already day 1 of the next cycle. So if a departing player wants to stick around for those weekly rewards, it appears they will leave their old alliance short handed to start the new cycle... unless Kabam removes the requirement to remain in the alliance in order to receive those weekly rewards.
  • Options
    Hen4y said:

Hen4y said:

sorry guys, it's intentional for map 8 at day 1 defenders 7s r3 with 15,000 attack on the path and mini boss with 40k attack? Final
    Boss same destiny… @Kabam Miike

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra anyone?
    Some tuning is being looked at
  • Options
    Arifutera said:

How do we reach the peak milestones if the scoring system is same as before?
    We will.score for only 4 days now vs 5 before?
    @Kabam Miike

The Peak milestones have been rescaled accordingly.
  • Options
    Is there a bug with the scheduler?

Scheduled Day 1 (Monday on), Day 2 (Tuesday on), Day 3 (Wednesday off), Day 4 (Thursday on), Day 5 (Friday on), Day 6 (Saturday off), Day 7 (Sunday off).

Today is supposed to be Day 4, but AQ is not live for us?

• Options
    Has anyone figured out how staggering quest days works? We ran a 543 AQ setup so that everyone can play regardless of level or if your best champs are locked up somewhere else. But under this new system, could we run group 1 on map 5 for four days, then group 2 on map 5 for the next three days, allowing the stronger players to jump groups and do 7 days of AQ?
  • Options

Has anyone figured out how staggering quest days works? We ran a 543 AQ setup so that everyone can play regardless of level or if your best champs are locked up somewhere else. But under this new system, could we run group 1 on map 5 for four days, then group 2 on map 5 for the next three days, allowing the stronger players to jump groups and do 7 days of AQ?

Won’t really know until Day-5 starts later today.
    Then, someone will have to try it out (seeing if they can join a 5th day or not).

You *can* join different BG's each day, just haven’t seen comment by Kabam whether individuals will encounter a limit of 4 joins during the week or not.
  • Options

You *can* join different BG's each day, just haven’t seen comment by Kabam whether individuals will encounter a limit of 4 joins during the week or not.

Yeah, that's a really basic question that no one from Kabam has bothered to answer. Maybe they don't know and are waiting like the rest of us to find out?
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    How are glory rewards going to work? With the 3 day downtime, it was pretty easy to coordinate moving between alliances after rewards came out. Since we're now on a 7-day cycle, and there's no downtime at all between week 1 day 7 and week 2 day 1, rewards aren't going to come out until the new cycle has already started.

Members that want to leave or need replacing are going to drop during the new cycle, presumably leaving alliances short for day 1.
  • Options
    ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    I really don't understand the rewards
    We didn't top milestones for peak or honor rewards
    We are a top 30 aq alliance but couldn't reach 1.2billion and 70k honor points too
    So 4 days aren't enough for these milestones?
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    When is the safe period to leave an alliance and still receive weekly rewards. Also when is eligibility cutoff for joining a new alliance to obtain rewards with new alliance.

I don't understand how player movement works without a transition period between AQ cycles.
  • Options
    Regarding players participating in MORE than just 4 Days in a week.

Only thread so far concerning this seems to be..
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/352217/cant-login-into-aq#latest

So, asking here for anyone else (in this main AQ 2.0 thread)..
    Has anyone (who's alliance allows people crossing into different BG's) participated in all 4 prior days so far, and then tried to enter today as a 5th day ?

Did it successfully let you enter a 5th day today ? (would have been in different BG's for at least one of the days)

Or did it give you an ERROR, or otherwise just kept spinning its wheels, and did NOT let you enter a 5th day ?
  • Options

Regarding players participating in MORE than just 4 Days in a week.

Only thread so far concerning this seems to be..
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/352217/cant-login-into-aq#latest

So, asking here for anyone else (in this main AQ 2.0 thread)..
    Has anyone (who's alliance allows people crossing into different BG's) participated in all 4 prior days so far, and then tried to enter today as a 5th day ?

Did it successfully let you enter a 5th day today ? (would have been in different BG's for at least one of the days)

Or did it give you an ERROR, or otherwise just kept spinning its wheels, and did NOT let you enter a 5th day ?

We have an alliance in our family that is running 7 days of AQ across 2 BGs. Here's what their leader said when I asked him if he was able to join a 5th day of AQ outside of his normal assignment.

"There's no in game indicator saying that I'm not allowed, and it allows me to click the join button, but once I do, I get stuck on the loading screen, and eventually disconnect. When I load back in, I'm not in the AQ BG."

So it seems like you can't do more than 4 days.
  • Options
    Confirmed.

• Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 114
    Nice of them to wait two weeks after I asked to confirm, lol.
  • Options
    Teleus said:

Nice of them to wait two weeks after I asked to confirm, lol.

Seriously. They waited until after people set up their AQ schedules to let us know it doesn't work that way
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

I am confused about the ending times of AQ. The new system says it runs until 12 pm PST. I live in the Eastern Time zone so I am always 3 hours ahead of the Pacific times Kabam lists (also should be 5 hours behind the UTC time from what I can tell). From my understanding of the time zones my AQ should be ending at 3 pm my time but it has been ending at 2 pm this week's cycle which would seem to be 11 am PST and 17:00 UTC.

Is this going to be corrected for next week or am I somehow not understanding how the time zones and Kabam's message work? Is this issue related to the clock changes we had recently, even though they didn't take place this week?
  • Options
    TeleusTeleus Posts: 114
    edited November 2023
    Oops
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

I am confused about the ending times of AQ. The new system says it runs until 12 pm PST. I live in the Eastern Time zone so I am always 3 hours ahead of the Pacific times Kabam lists (also should be 5 hours behind the UTC time from what I can tell). From my understanding of the time zones my AQ should be ending at 3 pm my time but it has been ending at 2 pm this week's cycle which would seem to be 11 am PST and 17:00 UTC.

Is this going to be corrected for next week or am I somehow not understanding how the time zones and Kabam's message work? Is this issue related to the clock changes we had recently, even though they didn't take place this week?

Was at first gonna re-state why the Pacific time listed above is different from what happens now..
    Announcement above was made *prior* to DST change day. So when they say 12 noon Pacific (prior to DST change day), that actual time NOW would be what is happening (11am Pacific, or 2pm Eastern).
    And that I just blindly assumed the associated (*now a fixed time based system in game*) of UTC time (doesn’t adjust for DST) mentioned was correct. BUT.. ..

But then did a double-take to see much more is wrong with original announcement.
    It probably should have said 19:00 UTC.
    Not the 18:00 UTC listed, or the 17:00 UTC you theorize in your comment.

Think it was a convention issue, with someone taking the normally 8pm London time and converting to military (24hr time) by just adding the “1” in front (but that only ads 10 hrs, not 12 hrs).
    Double confused by using that 8pm in DST summer time (which it was at time of announcement) instead of 8pm UTC (non-DST, or also winter).

So think couple mistakes compounded on each other as to what got written in announcement.

In the end, if 19:00 UTC is indeed correct (7pm UTC or London time during winter) will for *more than 6 months* of the year translate to the 3pm Eastern (12pm Pacific) that we are most accustomed to.
    And will only be that different time (1 hour earlier, local clocks, 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific) during a lesser # of winter months during the year.

• Options
    GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 98
    Isn't the map rewards supposed to be tripled? We are running Map 5 for 4 days, and each day the map reward does not look like they have been tripled? We are getting the same as before. Shouldn't we at least get a little more since we are doing only 4 days out of 7, instead of 5 out of 8?
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    GrimXYZ said:

Isn't the map rewards supposed to be tripled? We are running Map 5 for 4 days, and each day the map reward does not look like they have been tripled? We are getting the same as before. Shouldn't we at least get a little more since we are doing only 4 days out of 7, instead of 5 out of 8?

The triple equates to same as before because now you only get rewards for the map you complete.
  • Options
    So when do we get our rewards. We have completed 4 days and nothing has been issued as yet. It is now that we get them on day 7 of th3 calendar. A little confused to be honest
  • Options

So when do we get our rewards. We have completed 4 days and nothing has been issued as yet. It is now that we get them on day 7 of th3 calendar. A little confused to be honest

aka, that one post that asked “when is BattleGround Rewards Coming ?” before the BG season even ended.

AQ Series rewards are still only given out AT END OF SERIES, which hasn’t happened yet.
    Even if you front-loaded all 3 BG's of yours to ALL run on first 4 days, the Series doesn’t end until after DAY-7.
    There is no way for them to give out RANK rewards without knowing where other Alliances fall. And they aren’t gonna make custom reward distributions for Milestone levels based on every alliance's scheduled “Last Day Setup” that is earlier than the end of day 7 for everyone.

You get Daily AQ BG Map rewards each day, for the Map your BG completes. But NOT series rewards.
  • Options
    Thank you for the response. The info wasn't exactly clear so thank you for the clarity
  • Options
    Can't join AQ, event always reconnect. We have no particular Bg assigned.
  • Options
    Nice
  • Options
    John_44John_44 Posts: 13
    Did not receive glory points for AQ
  • Options
    TsmittTsmitt Posts: 41
    Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. But, we have set up our aq for the week and for the last 3 days, the game completely shuts down on me and gives me the "reconnect" message any time I try to get into aq. Is this a new change that we can't participate in all 7 days even though participation from members is not maxed for every alliance out there. I am trying to help our alliance get a few more points during the week, but I am being stopped from helping further. Is this an issue or what Kabam planned?
  • Options
    RoggamRoggam Posts: 61
    edited November 2023
    “Planned”

Scroll up - hopefully they’ll change their mind (don’t give me map rewards beyond the 4th day… I don’t care).