Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

NEW MCOC IDEA! CHARACTER SKINS! LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!

BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
Hi all,

Right so I know I will probably get some pushback on this, but I thought it would be a great idea for skins to be added to the game.

An example of this being "Gold Characters" or "seasonal skins" etc. How cool would it be to be able to select different characters skins for champions! You can toggle between skins.

Some examples I could think of were:
Groot - Being able to select a "Teenage Groot" skin
Kingpin - having a seasonal "Santa Skin" or having a tuxedo with a top-hat
Vision - Being able to select his "Human Form"
Punisher - To have a prison jumpsuit skin
Annihilus - To have a "Halloween" Gargoyle Skin

Obviously it goes without saying that all of these skins should have no effect on performance and should solely be cosmetic.

I feel that there could be challenges for the "Gold Skins", such as certain defender kills or certain time played as the champion, so you know if you come up against a Gold Absorbing Man, it is because he has had a certain amount of war kills, or has been played for a certain amount of time.

As for the seasonal skins, you could earn them through the monthly pass, through different events (such as EQ/SQ) or just buy certain ones.

I think this would benefit the game in terms of there being another level of depth included. A lot of other similar games have customizable aspects that give players something else to play for.

Let me know your thoughts on this and if you think this is a stupid idea or not! Would also love to hear some skin ideas!

Comments

• Options
    2 disagrees so far! Would love to know why!
  • Options
    Bendy said:

This isnt a game like marvel strike force this is a collectors game with rng and skins have no part in that its always new looks new abilities = new champions

Valid point, but why would purely cosmetic skins make a difference? I would say it is a bold statement to say "it has no part". If it does not effect gameplay then why would it matter?
  • Options

I honestly think it would be pretty fun and open Kabam up to do a lot of fun things with champs.

However I think time/energy is best used elsewhere by Kabam. And if they were to introduce this now I fear people would get mad at Kabam for potentially using time to develope a "cash grab" in the form of skins instead of fixing the bugs in the game (even if deveopment of skins would have no impact on how fast bugs are solved)

So, fun idea, I'd welcome it, but I don't see it happening

I completely agree and think it would be well received. Also completely agree that there are priorities that should be focused on first such as bug fixed, but if they had available time, then i think this would be great!

Ultimately people love the April Fools "bobblehead" theme, so feel this would be the same.

The fact is even if it were a "cash grab" it would be different to usual whereby it would not be "pay to win" but purely cosmetic, so people would only buy if interested on looks.
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

Let’s also change the name into Fortnite!
    But, would love to see jubilee in a red jacket!

Ps. No disagree from me

looool true! Give me Mangog with Reindeer Horns :D im joking
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,104 ★★★★★

I honestly think it would be pretty fun and open Kabam up to do a lot of fun things with champs.

However I think time/energy is best used elsewhere by Kabam. And if they were to introduce this now I fear people would get mad at Kabam for potentially using time to develope a "cash grab" in the form of skins instead of fixing the bugs in the game (even if deveopment of skins would have no impact on how fast bugs are solved)

Agreed. Time better spent on creating new champions versus designing Christmas sweaters for champions.
  • Options

Agreed. Time better spent on creating new champions versus designing Christmas sweaters for champions.
    Kingpin in a Xmas sweater tho B)
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    that would be cool add and new income sources for kabam but this will involve a lot of work too since the design team would have to recreate animations for each skin etc i assume. I dont think they have the rights to do it also since its kinda linked to marvel ? i might be wrong tho
  • Options
    MiniMF said:

that would be cool add and new income sources for kabam but this will involve a lot of work too since the design team would have to recreate animations for each skin etc i assume. I dont think they have the rights to do it also since its kinda linked to marvel ? i might be wrong tho

That is a very good point, not sure how much work would be involved; I could be very ignorant lol.

Either way I was just putting the idea out there as thought it was a good one!
  • Options

We don't need this game to become like shiny pokemon chasing thingy.

You seem fun at parties :p
  • Options

This isn't Disney

I mean close enough...Marvel is owned by Disney loool
  • Options

Blxndy said:

2 disagrees so far! Would love to know why!

This aged not well
    27 now loool!
  • Options
    Sarah245 said:

Let's also add 10 fortnite dances as victory animations. Would love to see aegon do the floss. Ohh! Wait! Nvm.

You telling me you wouldn't want to see Hercules hit the griddy...smh
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,122 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Blxndy said:

I completely agree and think it would be well received.
    Did you not see how emotes were received by this community?
    Emotes make people mad because they're used to troll in bgs and are forced on by default with us having to disable them every single match because Kabam doesn't want us to just permanently disable them
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately, that would require an entirely new game to be built w/ skins in mind.
  • Options

Unfortunately, that would require an entirely new game to be built w/ skins in mind.

well if thats the case then ignore me hahaha
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 970 ★★★
    If they were to Introduce skin, It would worsen even more for F2P Players like me
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    While I would've loved the idea of Skins initially, we are too far into a game that has 20 Deadpools, 10 Wolverines, 10 Hulks, 5 Thors, 5 Caps etc.

Yes I'm inflating those numbers but you know what I mean. It would be much too confusing at this point. If there was only ONE Storm in the game, i would absolutely LOVE to be able to change her look and even pay for a Skin - it would be a good moneymaking strategy for Kabam. But as soon as there's now ANOTHER Storm - Pyramid X - having another set of Skins could make it confusing. Not to mention champions that are LITERALLY just a reskin yet their own champion, like Captain Marvel / Ms Marvel.

At this point, it's something that the game wouldn't be able to support and I fully understand that.
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 970 ★★★
    Also.....Chill with the Caps buddy!
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Gabe addressed this years ago, it was considered early on and then thrown out. Like I said last time this came up, that ship has not only sailed, it's at its destination by now.

[quote]We don't need this game to become like shiny pokemon chasing thingy.[/quote]

Spoken like someone who's not a collector who wants every champ at all the rarities.