Options

Legit question for the designer of Dani…

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

If only the mutant class had some sort of item that could increase the crit rate of special attacks dramatically, thereby increasing the expected damage output of a champions special attack

You could call these items, idk Artefacts, or Mementos

or relics
    . And then you could link it to certain champs items!! Like Magneto’s handkerchief, or Jubilee’s sock

If only…

Are you seriously implying that everyone has a f*cking 6 star Gambit relic…
    Your inferring is not my implying. There are different star levels. The 5 star is perfectly workable. Dani’s damage is fine and not where her issues are

But then... if her damage is not the issue (in which we agree) then your fully ironic post above was totally out of context, isnt't it? Because it provides a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Do better next time.
    Her damage is fine without the relic, it’s pretty crazy with the relic. I don’t understand your gotcha
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★

If only the mutant class had some sort of item that could increase the crit rate of special attacks dramatically, thereby increasing the expected damage output of a champions special attack

or relics
    . And then you could link it to certain champs items!! Like Magneto’s handkerchief, or Jubilee’s sock

If only…

Your inferring is not my implying. There are different star levels. The 5 star is perfectly workable. Dani’s damage is fine and not where her issues are

But then... if her damage is not the issue (in which we agree) then your fully ironic post above was totally out of context, isnt't it? Because it provides a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Do better next time.
    Her damage is fine without the relic, it’s pretty crazy with the relic. I don’t understand your gotcha
    Her utility is the issue he has, not the damage. She's designed to counter cheat death mechanics but does so in a limited way.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,979 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

It really feels that Kabam intentionally release newer champs with one of the main stats handicapped these days. Too afraid to create something OP and I'm afraid that onslaught might be let down.

90% of champs this year are great and have solid stats lmao
    Ok, how many Hercules Kabam released this year? 🤓
    Silk and based on what i have seen Onsalught. so at least 2.
    Silk is the most overrated champion I’ve seen since Blade, you people have been enjoying the decay buff for too long hahaha
    Without decay silk at r4 still destroys any defender that can be stunned at 100% health. I’ve taken numerous battlegrounds fights with her and she wrecks them in under 60 seconds no problem. Great utility and some great damage. Then again, you obviously don’t have many smart takes based on this thread
    Whats silks "great" utility again?
    Its almost like she can fully evade any special, reverse healing greatly, and counters both unstoppable and evade.
    "any special" gang when true strike joins the function...
    Also, good luck reversing the regen when you need to be constantly hitting the opponent for it to even work half as well at sig 200 compared to unawakened sandman.
    When is the last time you saw a champ with true strike just constantly active, quit moving the goalpost thats like saying AA sucks because certain champs are bleed immune. Secondly,
    Last time i checked this is a FIGHTING game so i dont see the issue with having to hit the opponent to reverse regen, plus with despair it is even easier to manage. Ive even seen people take down ROL wolverine in like 40 secs with her. Lastly, you keep hyping up Sandman which is hilarious considering literally no one uses him, especially compared to Silk.
    Someone outing themselves for never taking an AW boss…
    Keep playing your Silk, can’t wait to see how she ages 👍
    Yeah I’m sure she’ll age super poorly 😭. Definitely won’t be continue to do great in bgs and incursions. Also AW bosses aren’t the only enemies in the game lmao

• Options
    Bugmat78 said:

or relics

If only…

Do better next time.
    Her utility is the issue he has, not the damage. She's designed to counter cheat death mechanics but does so in a limited way.
    No, I understand that. I gave plenty of feedback about those specific issues directly to the designer of Dani.

I think you’ve missed one of the trains of this conversation here. I was replying to OP complaining that Dani has a low crit rate, which can be combatted by the relic. And outside of which, she has fine damage. Hector was trying to gotcha me, trying to imply that I was saying everything about Dani was fine. (Sort of a “I like Sea Lions” then “Well do you hate dolphins then?!? Monster” situation)
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 700 ★★★
    Zuro said:

Ruwqiersa said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

It really feels that Kabam intentionally release newer champs with one of the main stats handicapped these days. Too afraid to create something OP and I'm afraid that onslaught might be let down.

Silk and based on what i have seen Onsalught. so at least 2.
    Silk is the most overrated champion I’ve seen since Blade, you people have been enjoying the decay buff for too long hahaha
    Without decay silk at r4 still destroys any defender that can be stunned at 100% health. I’ve taken numerous battlegrounds fights with her and she wrecks them in under 60 seconds no problem. Great utility and some great damage. Then again, you obviously don’t have many smart takes based on this thread
    Whats silks "great" utility again?
    Its almost like she can fully evade any special, reverse healing greatly, and counters both unstoppable and evade.
    She cannot evade any special. Evade counters exist.
    Heal reverse thing is kinda mid utility. Almost any science or champ with like 5 debuffs deals with regen
    And her slow only stucks if opponent is against the wall. Even if it didnt slow isnt enough to say a champ has "great utility". Would you say spidergwen also has great utility?
  • Options
    HarryatomixHarryatomix Posts: 108

Bugmat78 said:

or relics

If only…

Do better next time.
    No, I understand that. I gave plenty of feedback about those specific issues directly to the designer of Dani.

I think you’ve missed one of the trains of this conversation here. I was replying to OP complaining that Dani has a low crit rate, which can be combatted by the relic. And outside of which, she has fine damage. Hector was trying to gotcha me, trying to imply that I was saying everything about Dani was fine. (Sort of a “I like Sea Lions” then “Well do you hate dolphins then?!? Monster” situation)
    Apart from her not countering the champs she is supposed to, her slow and energy vulnerabity passives are too short taking away her utility and making her very stressful to play with. This should also be addressed in rebalancing, which they are not sadly. If her rebalancing only makes her usable against hercules or nick fury, people are not gonna use her cause there are better options and she is stressful with no utility whatsoever.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

or relics

If only…

Do better next time.

I think you have missed the point as well, the question is about how the designer of dani could miss such an important aspect of her kit when designing in the first place.

I know rebalancing is there to rectify mistakes or oversights, but advertising her as anti cheat death and making her difficult to fight against two prominent cheat death champs is not a good look at all. It is a bad design by the designer that you should agree on.

Also is he the same one who designed gladiator lmao.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

or relics

If only…

Do better next time.

Apart from her not countering the champs she is supposed to, her slow and energy vulnerabity passives are too short taking away her utility and making her very stressful to play with. This should also be addressed in rebalancing, which they are not sadly. If her rebalancing only makes her usable against hercules or nick fury, people are not gonna use her cause there are better options and she is stressful with no utility whatsoever.
    All of this is part of the feedback I’ve given.

Literally the only thing I disagree with is having no utility whatsoever but I appreciate that might be exaggerated. I don’t think her utility is wildly good, but there are some neat things she can do. But agreed, in her current state I don’t see people using her over better options.
  • Options

or relics

If only…

So every mutant from now on will be having abyssmal crit chance? I call that bs.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

or relics

If only…

Do better next time.

I think you have missed the point as well, the question is about how the designer of dani could miss such an important aspect of her kit when designing in the first place.

I know rebalancing is there to rectify mistakes or oversights, but advertising her as anti cheat death and making her difficult to fight against two prominent cheat death champs is not a good look at all. It is a bad design by the designer that you should agree on.

Also is he the same one who designed gladiator lmao.
    I think you’ve missed the point as well lol. I was only ever replying to the crit rate aspect of it, hence my point on the relic. Take another look at tbe convo and please let me know where I said Dani was a perfect champ with no flaws.

My point has always been that Dani’s issue is not damage or crit rate.
  • Options

or relics

If only…

So every mutant from now on will be having abyssmal crit chance? I call that bs.
    I call that a straw man argument
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,509 ★★★★★
    What's with the Silk slander on this thread lol she can literally be just as fast as CGR or Sunspot in BGs, if they haven't aged poorly neither will she.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,768 ★★★★★

What's with the Silk slander on this thread lol she can literally be just as fast as CGR or Sunspot in BGs, if they haven't aged poorly neither will she.

People just suck with her thats why lmao
  • Options
    Zuro said:

People just suck with her thats why lmao
    They must be a different breed then cause how do you suck with her she has so many safety nets 🤣 also my 7* nukes anything that isn't a Sasquatch in a single sp2 I'm surprised people actually think she sucks.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,095 ★★★★
    When do we expect a balance update announcement from Kabam on Dani and Deathstrike. Are they next on the docket?
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★

When do we expect a balance update announcement from Kabam on Dani and Deathstrike. Are they next on the docket?

they already announced them. lady d will not be getting changed and dani will get her sig ability looked at to make it more consistent in preventing fury’s 2nd life
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 999 ★★★★

She’ll never beat those two in speed
  • Options

Spoken like someone who doesn't own a 7*
  • Options

I’ve seen enough of my r2 Sunspot compared to Silk at r5 ascended to be able to tell. And my r3 Hulk and Titania are just better. Hell, even my r2 Morbius is more useful and faster.
  • Options

I’ve seen enough of my r2 Sunspot compared to Silk at r5 ascended to be able to tell. And my r3 Hulk and Titania are just better. Hell, even my r2 Morbius is more useful and faster.
    So you don't have a 7* and haven't watched any videos about the 7* either, ignorance is bliss I suppose.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 820 ★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

or relics

If only…

Do better next time.
    I honestly always thought this was bugged.

She was presented as preventing things like Fury's second life. If awoken she applies her marked passive when they're at 10% health and it should prevent immortality, regeneration, invulnerability, etc. Except Fury shrugs it off and it doesn't reapply itself even though he starts his second life below the 10% threshold allowing a skill champion to counter her signature ability pretty hard.

Since the marked passive doesn't prevent Fury's second life and it doesn't automatically reapply itself, you need to rely on Neuroshock debuffs/passives. They don't apply/reapply with every hit of the special, only the final one, so if you don't get the timing perfect Nick pretty much just ignores her utility.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

or relics

If only…

Do better next time.
    I honestly always thought this was bugged.

She was presented as preventing things like Fury's second life. If awoken she applies her marked passive when they're at 10% health and it should prevent immortality, regeneration, invulnerability, etc. Except Fury shrugs it off and it doesn't reapply itself even though he starts his second life below the 10% threshold allowing a skill champion to counter her signature ability pretty hard.

Since the marked passive doesn't prevent Fury's second life and it doesn't automatically reapply itself, you need to rely on Neuroshock debuffs/passives. They don't apply/reapply with every hit of the special, only the final one, so if you don't get the timing perfect Nick pretty much just ignores her utility.
    It’s because Marked passive is an ability accuracy reduction

And Nick’s second life is immune to AAR

The good news is that I (and more importantly Kabam) agree with you that Dani’s neuros alone aren’t doing well enough to be a good Nick counter and are being looked at for her rebalancing

However, her performance against a defending Nick Fury is showing to be lower than we targeted, especially in comparison to other popular counters in the Battlerealm. With this in mind, we are looking to upgrade her effectiveness in this matchup, with her Neuroshocks as an area of interest. More info to come!”
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 584 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

PT_99 said:

?????

Kabam did a great Jobs with champs this year (except by gladiator)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    I literally just clued in to the fact that I was thinking of Peni and not Dani. That's a duh moment on my part.

As for Dani, I have her at R5, and you need to know how to navigate her Damage.
  • Options

I literally just clued in to the fact that I was thinking of Peni and not Dani. That's a duh moment on my part.

Bruh people can’t seriously say she’s a good champion when she can’t even take the matchup she was designed to take properly. Also, I’d love her to be able to do more than just Nick Fury and Zemo… as soon as they’re placed on hazard shift or something it’s over anyway, I feel like Dani was designed without nodes in mind lol
  • Options

Bruh people can’t seriously say she’s a good champion when she can’t even take the matchup she was designed to take properly. Also, I’d love her to be able to do more than just Nick Fury and Zemo… as soon as they’re placed on hazard shift or something it’s over anyway, I feel like Dani was designed without nodes in mind lol
    You do realize that preventing K.O. bypass isn't her only use, right?
  • Options

I think what he's trying to say is there's no reason to use Dani over the other top 10-15 mutants in the game because she doesn't really bring anything to the table other than damage since her utility isn't reliable in the matchups she's supposed to be really good for, which to a certain extent I have to agree with. I'd rather use Toad AA or even Peni (who isn't even mutant) over Dani for Nick.
  • Options

I think what he's trying to say is there's no reason to use Dani over the other top 10-15 mutants in the game because she doesn't really bring anything to the table other than damage since her utility isn't reliable in the matchups she's supposed to be really good for, which to a certain extent I have to agree with. I'd rather use Toad AA or even Peni (who isn't even mutant) over Dani for Nick.
    That's really a never-ending game of comparison, though. The bar isn't really who you would prefer over specific Champs. That's the problem with Tier lists. They tend to undervalue Champs that aren't the most preferred.
    If you use her correctly, she has good Damage, and the Falter makes her quite good for avoiding Damage as well. She's a bit tricky, but once you get her rotation rhythm, she's quite the little ninja.
  • Options

That's really a never-ending game of comparison, though. The bar isn't really who you would prefer over specific Champs. That's the problem with Tier lists. They tend to undervalue Champs that aren't the most preferred.
    If you use her correctly, she has good Damage, and the Falter makes her quite good for avoiding Damage as well. She's a bit tricky, but once you get her rotation rhythm, she's quite the little ninja.
    Tier lists aren't about who you prefer, just who's better overall. Toad and AA are indeed better Nick counters and they can both shut down his second life consistently unlike Dani.
    If you enjoy playing Dani then that's 100% valid but I do think she has a lot of flaws and people pointing out these flaws is something we need cause then Kabam can get a better idea and buff her accordingly. I know they look at the data mainly when they buff champs but I'm sure they also read the forums frequently.