**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

It's that time of year - Banquet and Accolade Events are here!

Comments

• Options
    GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 111 ★★
    My issue is that, for me, this event does not encourage spending, which after Cyber Week, is a good thing. But it is very disappointing for such a big event to be so lackluster. The rewards are slightly better than a year ago, but that was a year ago, we should be significantly over last years rewards. In the past year we have had 7*, Titan Crystals, Valiant, Necropolis, Act 8.3, r3 7* champs, etc. All of this and the rewards are just ok for what use to be one of the biggest events.
    I feel that Kabam poured on the rewards a bit too much as we went from r1 7* to r3 7* super quick. The other issue is with Valiant now (I am still Paragon with 1 r3 7*), the disparity between players is vast. We need progression based rewards and some way to get alliance rewards up as well. For me, if we have to have 6* crystals, I would much rather have a featured 6* or even better a featured 6* nexus, but that is because I have almost all the other 6* champs. If I am being honest, it really should be much more 7* focused though.
    I will still be happy to participate, but won’t be spending anything like I normally would. I am just underwhelmed.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★

Aight guys, i'm gonna summon the keyboard god
    @DNA3000 what are your thoughts about the current inflation of the game? Specially when it comes to 7*, after CW and now this cold water bucket that we got after the new downgrade ''upgraded'' version of the banquet, it seems like the inflation of the game has a few issues

i'm not DNAGOD3000 but this is what it looks like:

they exploded out of the gates too fast with 7s and we're already at rank 3 and they need to slow down.

this is how they're slowing things down, by targeting others...pushing TB'er and early paragon progression and nudging veteran paragons to use their units on necropolis exploration instead.

this event is literally geared to TB'ers, early paragons, and the super fat mega blubbery whales.

veteran paragons and valiants already had their noon feeding so it's not for them.

why are we seeing "inflation"? ie. crummy lesser rewards for the same price or higher? because it's not designed for us. same reason why uncollected cyber weekend deals are awful for valiant level players....because it's not meant for us....
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

@DNA3000 what are your thoughts about the current inflation of the game? Specially when it comes to 7*, after CW and now this cold water bucket that we got after the new downgrade ''upgraded'' version of the banquet, it seems like the inflation of the game has a few issues

• Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 720 ★★★★

they exploded out of the gates too fast with 7s and we're already at rank 3 and they need to slow down.

this is how they're slowing things down, by targeting others...pushing TB'er and early paragon progression and nudging veteran paragons to use their units on necropolis exploration instead.

this event is literally geared to TB'ers, early paragons, and the super fat mega blubbery whales.

veteran paragons and valiants already had their noon feeding so it's not for them.

why are we seeing "inflation"? ie. crummy lesser rewards for the same price or higher? because it's not designed for us. same reason why uncollected cyber weekend deals are awful for valiant level players....because it's not meant for us....
    I was already concerned when the rewards for the bg brawl were 1 7* rank 3 and i was like ''wait, there's not a single piece of t4 alpha in the game now and we need 3 of them to do a rank 2->3, now someone is getting a full rank 3?'' and i remember some arguments were like ''on it's only 1 guy in the world and etc'' and now, not that much longer, i already have a rank 3 and a lot of other people too
    NOBODY was asking for a rank 3 before bg brawl, they could've easily offer a rank 2 gem and in addition some of the materials to do a rank 3 but not all of it, people would've been happy
    I think bg brawl was when things just went off the rail
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Could you guys stop acting like this when @Kabam Miike already asked for some constructive feedback and ways to improve this kind of things?

There is no point on keep talking trash about it, if you have anything helpful to say to Kabam so they can do better either before the event starts or at least next time, say it, if not, then be quiet and dont make it worse.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Could you guys stop acting like this when @Kabam Miike already asked for some constructive feedback and ways to improve this kind of things?

There is no point on keep talking trash about it, if you have anything helpful to say to Kabam so they can do better either before the event starts or at least next time, say it, if not, then be quiet and dont make it worse.

Who says what we're saying won't help them? Do you understand that putting a reminder of what happened can raise a red fleg for them to not repeat the same mistake in the future? Constructive feedback it's not just telling them what to do from now on....

Jefechuta said:

Ugh… Your message definitely contributed much to the discussion…

The issue and the solution are crystal clear, but only for those who want to listen and “understand”. So if you’re operating a company and there’s an outcry like this, you don’t need to be told 500th time what needs to be done.

Asking for feedback is one thing, actually listening to them is another.
    Why feel attacked about what I said? I was talking about the people speculating about reasons on why this happened or directly blaming Kabam and similars
  • Options
    honest question. the banquet wasn't intended for all the angry players. how do you satisfy the angry players without messing up kabam's game targets?

because the GBCs are trash...and there's no way they can be adjusted to satisfy valiants without blowing up the economy. there's no way...

so that leaves adjusting solo or alliance milestones.

what do you want? the current solo milestones are 10-12k units? you want them to add 1 or 2 milestone ranks? and what items do you want? clearly they can't add r3 mats or r3 gems, so we're stuck with r2 stuff or 7* shard acquisition.

so after the current last milestone...7* gifted guardian crystal. we add:

1-2 generic gem for 3k units
    and
    titan crystal for another 3k units?

17-18k units for solo milestones....will that make you happy? i don't think it'll hit the economy that bad since the GBCs stay the same. is it worth it though?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    only problem with the above is that this is available to all players, which throws off game economy. should uncollected players have access to titan crystals?

or maybe they add the 2 milestones by progression to paragons and valiants...
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,651 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

honest question. the banquet wasn't intended for all the angry players. how do you satisfy the angry players without messing up kabam's game targets?

because the GBCs are trash...and there's no way they can be adjusted to satisfy valiants without blowing up the economy. there's no way...

so that leaves adjusting solo or alliance milestones.

what do you want? the current solo milestones are 10-12k units? you want them to add 1 or 2 milestone ranks? and what items do you want? clearly they can't add r3 mats or r3 gems, so we're stuck with r2 stuff or 7* shard acquisition.

so after the current last milestone...7* gifted guardian crystal. we add:

1-2 generic gem for 3k units
    and
    titan crystal for another 3k units?

17-18k units for solo milestones....will that make you happy? i don't think it'll hit the economy that bad since the GBCs stay the same. is it worth it though?

The most obvious answer to the question you have danced around to push your agenda like every other one of your posts is gating the event behind progression. Literally would solve every single issue with the event and no one would complain if paragon and valiants had their own tiers and the current event stayed for thronebreakers and below.

It's not blowing up the game economy to let us have more of the same tier of champs we already have access to. That being 6 star rank 5s. 7 stars in general. And 7 star rank 2s. No one cares about t4a right now for this event. We just want something useful and fun. Whales already have a billion 7 star rank 2s so letting them have more would mean nothing but would also let those who have a few grow out their rosters even more.
    They wouldn't even have to massively overhaul the event for the higher tiers. Just make @Jefechuta 's changes or something like that. Small tweaks to make it more fun and enjoyable for the higher tiers
  • Options
    GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 111 ★★
    I feel that they could add some additional tiers to the banquet before it launches, maybe even make them progression based if it isn’t too hard. It is most likely too late to change the GBCs at this point, but it would be a good idea to have some progression based rewards for next year. The extra tiers could include:
    1/7* crystal
    2/200 T2 Primordial Dust
    3/7* class selector crystal
    4/2,500 Titan shards
    5/7* Nexus
    6/7* Base Champs Selector
    7/5,000 Titan Shards
    It doesn’t need to be all of those, but it would be nice to see at least 3-4 additional tiers. They could even do it as a separate solo/alliance event so as to not mess with what is already in place. I am no coder, so I dont know how feasible it is, but having some of these additional milestones would definitely encourage more spending, at least it would me and that is all I can speak for.
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

you know the community is all about rage and irrationality when they disagreed with this post 6x without understanding it and realizing that @Jefechuta is the one that wanted rewards buffed and spent a long time making this post

loll

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2434331#Comment_2434331
  • Options
    UncleSaMUncleSaM Posts: 11
    Bugmat78 said:

I was already concerned when the rewards for the bg brawl were 1 7* rank 3 and i was like ''wait, there's not a single piece of t4 alpha in the game now and we need 3 of them to do a rank 2->3, now someone is getting a full rank 3?'' and i remember some arguments were like ''on it's only 1 guy in the world and etc'' and now, not that much longer, i already have a rank 3 and a lot of other people too
    NOBODY was asking for a rank 3 before bg brawl, they could've easily offer a rank 2 gem and in addition some of the materials to do a rank 3 but not all of it, people would've been happy
    This is true - we really didn't need 7r3 until maybe march/April 2024. They accelerated this economy and now they are desperately trying to slow it down after cashing in on CW.

No serious paragon+ player is asking for 7R3 mats..but 7r2 and 6r4/6r5 mats and more 7* shards would be adequate given where they have pushed things to.
    That’s what I keep saying. I have 20 7R2 but I would still love to 6R5 many champs that I just don’t think Kabam should release as 7 star champs yet. I would love to R5 at least 10 more 6 stars. There are even some in the 7 star pool I would love to 6R5 like Juggernaut, Angela, Havok. 6R5 and 7R2 in the milestones would be great.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 948 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

This is true - we really didn't need 7r3 until maybe march/April 2024. They accelerated this economy and now they are desperately trying to slow it down after cashing in on CW.

No serious paragon+ player is asking for 7R3 mats..but 7r2 and 6r4/6r5 mats and more 7* shards would be adequate given where they have pushed things to.
    It’s like Kabam forgot an entire step or two in normal progression. Of course that’s easy to do when every YouTuber got a roster full of rank 5 6 stars and rank2 7 stars after July 4th. You know some of us in December would still like a couple of those. Instead - it’s “oh, we can’t have R3 mats just running around… so back to 6 stars and some catalysts that might help you R4 one of those bad boys, Merry Christmas! “
  • Options
    UncleSaMUncleSaM Posts: 11

only problem with the above is that this is available to all players, which throws off game economy. should uncollected players have access to titan crystals?

or maybe they add the 2 milestones by progression to paragons and valiants...

That would work too man. Generic ir class based 6R5 and or 7R2 or just do the unit deals to have the 6R5 on the Black Panther and 7R2 on the Odin or just the 6r5 on the Odin but increase the limit to 5 brother. That would be awesome.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,192 ★★★★★
    Literally Kabam, legit, just add 2 exclusive milestones for Paragon+ players in Solo and Alliance milestones, totalling for 4, problem solved.
    WE. DO. NOT. WANT. 7R3. GEMS. IN. MILESTONES.
    stop using that as an excuse to give us dogwater rewards.
  • Options
    ragnaragna Posts: 8
    edited December 2023
    First of all no one wanted 7 stars .All we wanted was the game to be more enjoyable(but adding more modes,sick animation and everything).But kabam's greed destroyed it all. we were all happy to have 6s champs.It doesn't make sense to add 7 stars(atleast for quite some time) if you were gonna add relics and ascension dust after introducing 7 stars.If you would have introduced ascension 1 year ago and 7 stars 3 months ago we would have taken it(banquet rewards)happily.But kabam didn't do things accordingly and someone has to face the consequences.But you are just trying desperately to slow it down now.It's like someone has radiated the whole area and now trying to find a way to make the land fertilized.(lol where's this example coming from?)
  • Options
    Rip1Rip1 Posts: 45
    Maybe it was answered before, but what is the difference between the “paragon gifted guardians crystal” and the “7 star gifted guardians crystals”…?
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    Rip1 said:

Maybe it was answered before, but what is the difference between the “paragon gifted guardians crystal” and the “7 star gifted guardians crystals”…?

a paragon crystal (4/5/6/7 star chance) vs a guaranteed 7 star