**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

It's that time of year - Banquet and Accolade Events are here!

Comments

• Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 798 ★★★
    All i want is more 7* and titan shards less t2a pls it sucks
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    @Rustyoneil you basically expressed what I just told them is the issue with the state of the game 😂

Endgame players and whales are forcing Kabam to rush the game and it’s part of a huge issue they have.
  • Options
    RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 192 ★★
    Manup456 said:

@Rustyoneil you basically expressed what I just told them is the issue with the state of the game 😂

I knew there was a great chance of repeating what others have expressed, there are a ton of post. For whatever reason, I just had to say my piece.
  • Options
    MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Posts: 47
    @Kabam Miike I think the 2 biggest issues are the GBCs and the solo milestones. I think kabam did a great job on alliance milestones making it very easy to attain all the rewards. However, the solo milestones do not appear to have progressed from last year. You would have to spend u it’s on all the milestones to make it “worth your while.” Honestly, the 7* gifted crystal is the only rewards which stands out, and I se it as having to spend 10k+ units to reach it. Idk, if a 7* moon dragon is worth it. You can make the argument that we’ll be getting GBC along the way, but the rewards are very underwhelming. Apart from the rare drop rates, for 300 units, nothing seems worth it. 1500 7* shards for 300units means I’m spending 3000 for a 7*. I don’t see that as anything special. 7* shards was just an example for the majority of rewards which offer small fragments not equivalent to the amount of units spent. 10% of a t4 alpha means you’re charging the material for 3 t4 alpha at 9000 units. You still need the other material for a r3. I’ve explored necropolis for far less. I don’t really care about this event as a valiant player, because I think kabam has done a great job in valiant progression rewards, but I don’t see how this event helps thronebreaker and paragon players all that much (especially with how many units they’ll need to spend). It looks like a cavalier event. Ik you’ll always come up with an explanation which goes against my thoughts, but I’m not attacking you; I’m just explaining my thought from what I’ve seen and experienced as a longtime player. Appreciate the team
  • Options
    RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 192 ★★
    edited December 2023
    Manup456 said:

They ruined the balance of the game with July 4th deals and trying to fix it and they can’t now. They were slow with the t6c acquisition in game and still slow with it outside of deals and people being able to r5 and r2 champs the way they did with those July 4th deals changed everything and for big accounts because at this point they think 6* even ascended are nothing much because they beat everything, own all the champs and buy everything so the only thing for them to chase is 7* champs and the content creators don’t help with this because they are pushing this 6* champs are dead and people who shouldn’t be worried about that think this is true but for those content creators and whales this is reality for them. If this event was progression based it’s the only way to make all lvls happy.

I mean it is true. I really don’t have a lot of things to chase. I can rank up my 6 stars, but I really don’t need to. Never even crossed my mind to rank up Aegon, but with necro, brought him to R5. Now what. I only think about taking up 6 stars if I need them for something specific. So a lot of these Mats are going into the overflow.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @Rustyoneil I definitely understand your point and it’s really not on you because they made it this way and the people willing to spend took advantage of it but now they are trying to pull back and you guys get stuck. This is why I said the only way to keep people happy now is make this type of event progression based like the others and rewards should scale with the progression.

They went from underwhelming deals back in the day for the longest time straight to July 4th deals that were way over the top and now it’s an issue.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 606 ★★★

Hey guys, I see lots of feedback, and have been thinking about what to respond with. Honestly, I don't know if there is anything to respond with, and I don't think there's anything I can say that will change opinions here.

This event is something people look forward to, and it's something that we strive to deliver on. This year, we made improvements in every way possible, so your direct feedback with actual actionable items would be appreciated to help me understand.

We reduced the number of points available for opening each Greater Gifting Crystal, but also reduced the points needed to hit that same milestone last year. Last year, there was 15 Solo Event milestones, with the top reward being a 5-Star Relic at 100,000 points. Buy and opening 25 crystals got you that Milestone. This year, the 15th Milestone is at 75,600 points and is a 6-Star Abyss Nexus Crystal. To get there, you would need to buy and open 28 GBCs. Yes, that is 3 more than before, but it's also arguably a better reward than the Relic Crystal.

There are also 5 additional Milestones available, and while I get that people are looking at last year's as "I got everything for 25 Crystals", that's not really a fair way to look at this. We extended the runway, added more Milestones for those that want to complete it, and took nothing away from those who don't want to go any further than what they did last time.

The Alliance event also has one additional Milestone, but to hit the 15th Milestone, it requires fewer crystals from across the whole Alliance than it did to hit the 15th (and final) Milestone of last year. We added one more Milestone this year for those that want to go for it. I think people are looking at those rewards tables as 100% vs 100%, not as the number of milestones, which is how they really should be looked at.

Additionally, these Crystals have better rewards than the last year's crystals.

Of course, we can't compare last year's event to this one directly; there's been a lot of changes in the Game, with the addition of 7 Stars, Ascension, and higher ranks, but that doesn't mean that we are going to go crazy with all of those materials. There are a lot of comments on wanting more 7-Star Shards or Rank 3 Materials (we were explicit with where you can expect to get the first available R3 7-Stars), and while I understand where you're coming from, nobody wants to live in a world where we burn through 7-Stars in a year and need to introduce 8-Stars in 2024. There will always be taps that are opened slowly, otherwise we end up burning through content and that's not good for the game.

I appreciate all of your feedback, but if you have something a bit more actionable or precise as to why you're upset, I would love to take that to the team for future consideration. I want to understand, so we can improve for the future.

If You want to make us happy, remove Alpha 2 from GBC, i can assure that people don't want them lol
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,526 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    For me personally, this should have been a 7* shard acquisition event. I’m am 100% on necropolis and I am not screaming for more rank up mats yet. But besides the launch event, nothing has really allowed us to grow our 7* roster (unless you are at the top of AW or a sizable spender). If the unique 7* crystal had better champs (or champs that didn’t require awakening) then it would be at least a little more enticing. But just have the same rewards as a year ago makes it underwhelming. I like the focus on content right now and hated the 4th offers for breaking balance, but there needs to be a reason for me to spend these units I’ve gathered over the course of the year. I’m not going to spend them just because I have them. It will need to be progression based eventually or it will never really cater to players in the middle of the pack.
  • Options
    Doug555Doug555 Posts: 26
    edited December 2023
    I can see why kabam can't make milestone picks juicier and exclude 6* materials from crystals themselves. As it is Not progression based event, one can benefit too much from just grabbing all milestones and opening few dozens of GBCs in their earlier journey in this game (Contender - Thronebreaker).
    But the majority of the player base who would care enough to come here and express their opinions are Paragons and higher, which this event rewards are Not mostly tuned for. If it was completely "free" event like Chinese new year quests and envelopes, nobody cares if items there were underwhelming, take it or leave it. But one of the most expectable holiday events should not be a disappointment in a bigger picture in my opinion.
    It is not that summoners got too greedy or spoiled, it is the expectation bar that was set by drastic economy change in the last year. Sure, rewards are better than last year's Banquet event, more milestones, more itmes in the ranked rewards. But mostly, and it is like 80% of the player base if not more, feel like they won't benefit from this event much by spending their hardly earned or purchased units unless one would be super lucky with the Banquet crystals themselves. THAT is what is underwhelming, the expectation that my account won't progress much if I'll spend 10k units with today's economy unless I'll pull 7* items left and right in my GBCs.

Please let me know what am I missing.
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Moneymike128Moneymike128 Posts: 29
    edited December 2023
    I've historically looked forward to holiday events because there was usually some guarantee of getting at least one special 'thing' that was otherwise barely out of reach (or would require months of grinding.) Some years back, 7,500 5* shards in the old holiday calendar was something to really look forward to.

This year though it just doesn't really feel very special. The things that I want the most (7* shards / titan shards/ t6cc fragments) are tucked in GBC's and drop rates/RNG doesn't provide for those rewards in quantities worth being excited about. I can't imagine anyone's thrilled about 21/23 GBC's effectively being lumps of coal. I preferred when Christmas was a slight reprieve from the frequently depressing RNG.

(Example: I'm sitting at 0/21 on the new featured crystal-- that's 315,000 6* shards of disappointment to help support how I (and I think many others) feel about seeing 6* shards in the banquet rewards)

I think that it should've been possible to structure meaningful "within progression-level" rewards that would have been appreciated without really breaking the game. As has been said, most paragons now have rostered most 6* champs and are simply working through ranking their preferred ones to r4/r5.

I'm a modest paragon player. I have 3 6*r5's, 20ish r4's, and around 12x 7* champs with one at r2. I would've really looked forward to a premium 7* and/or the opportunity to take a champ to r5/r2, or ascend a few champs, but I don't think any of those things would've necessarily hyper-accelerated my account. Instead, I just see an event with rewards that I can economically get elsewhere in the game on a non-holiday week.

There have been some pretty good "action items" mentioned elsewhere here by people smarter than me, but I just wanted to share my 2 cents on why this year's event does feel a bit like a letdown.
  • Options
    TensioTensio Posts: 173

Hey guys, I see lots of feedback, and have been thinking about what to respond with. Honestly, I don't know if there is anything to respond with, and I don't think there's anything I can say that will change opinions here.

This event is something people look forward to, and it's something that we strive to deliver on. This year, we made improvements in every way possible, so your direct feedback with actual actionable items would be appreciated to help me understand.

We reduced the number of points available for opening each Greater Gifting Crystal, but also reduced the points needed to hit that same milestone last year. Last year, there was 15 Solo Event milestones, with the top reward being a 5-Star Relic at 100,000 points. Buy and opening 25 crystals got you that Milestone. This year, the 15th Milestone is at 75,600 points and is a 6-Star Abyss Nexus Crystal. To get there, you would need to buy and open 28 GBCs. Yes, that is 3 more than before, but it's also arguably a better reward than the Relic Crystal.

There are also 5 additional Milestones available, and while I get that people are looking at last year's as "I got everything for 25 Crystals", that's not really a fair way to look at this. We extended the runway, added more Milestones for those that want to complete it, and took nothing away from those who don't want to go any further than what they did last time.

The Alliance event also has one additional Milestone, but to hit the 15th Milestone, it requires fewer crystals from across the whole Alliance than it did to hit the 15th (and final) Milestone of last year. We added one more Milestone this year for those that want to go for it. I think people are looking at those rewards tables as 100% vs 100%, not as the number of milestones, which is how they really should be looked at.

Of course, we can't compare last year's event to this one directly; there's been a lot of changes in the Game, with the addition of 7 Stars, Ascension, and higher ranks, but that doesn't mean that we are going to go crazy with all of those materials. There are a lot of comments on wanting more 7-Star Shards or Rank 3 Materials (we were explicit with where you can expect to get the first available R3 7-Stars), and while I understand where you're coming from, nobody wants to live in a world where we burn through 7-Stars in a year and need to introduce 8-Stars in 2024. There will always be taps that are opened slowly, otherwise we end up burning through content and that's not good for the game.

I appreciate all of your feedback, but if you have something a bit more actionable or precise as to why you're upset, I would love to take that to the team for future consideration. I want to understand, so we can improve for the future.

Can’t believe it??? Can’t develop anything better than 8*? Are you really thinking of introduce 8* in the game? Please make your creative department work harder to introduce better ways to improve and make us continue playing

• Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,469 ★★★★

Banquet looking super mid I fear………….