**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

How can i be good in this game like the rest of you?

I know most of you are crazy in the game and can pull some sick combos and just in general have some crazy moments, i'm a noob who dosen't know how to pull those crazy combos/do the crazy things you all do. How can i learn how to do them and be better at the game?

Comments

• Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 273 ★★
    edited December 2023
    Master parry and dexing is good place to start I’m still working on dexing but I intercepts are also good things to learn I’m still a actual noob when it comes to light intercept and also learn how to do fights without parrying it’s a crutch that eventually story content likes to take away from you like it’s doing to me also yeah practice this stuff in ROL pretty good place to practice
    (Disclaimer I’m not a pro just someone with general understanding of mechanics of the game)
  • Options
    Yes I concur I want to get past cav so I don’t become one of those players I have revives and units I’m just ranking up Shuri and stealth spidey for a cav push and I’m hitting cav before the 24th shooting for vailiant/paragon end of 2024 or higher if new progession title
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,621 ★★★★★

Lots and lots of practice.

Money helps too
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I don’t actually think spending is good in this game it makes me feel like I didn’t earn my progress
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,433 ★★★★★
    And don't be afraid to use units. Some people pride themselves on never using units for content.
  • Options
    I’m definitely one of those people @willrun4adonut but true using units is not something be afraid of I’m just stubborn
  • Options
    TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 229 ★★
    People are saying practice and that's definitely true, but finding community members who make videos that are easily digestible goes a long way. MCOC Noob, Unofficial Kabam Miike, Metal Sonic Dude and Jason Voorhees [MCOC] on YouTube all come to mind but there are a ton of great YouTubers who make content around understanding game mechanics, character mechanics, node interactions, and so much more. I'm not amazing like MSD at this game, but thanks to a lot of content creators I've got a lot better than I used to be.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 806 ★★★
    Not sure if they're still around (probably buried in the bowels of YouTube) but search Dork Lessons and watch the "How to _____ Like a Ninja" series. It's basic stuff but you should be able to build on the basics to help you improve.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,154 ★★★★
    edited December 2023

And don't be afraid to use units. Some people pride themselves on never using units for content.

I saw someone once very boldly, and very matter-of-factly, state that “no one uses units on content”

And I sat there and got a brief chuckle like, isn’t that usually what the general consensus is, use units to get through hard content?

And if that isn’t true, then what else is it good for besides event offers? Cause the same people will **** and moan saying offers are terrible and they don’t spend units. They also advocate against opening new featured crystals. So now they’re just hoarding. When do they spend?! I have no clue.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,166 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Barrel836 said:

I know most of you are crazy in the game and can pull some sick combos and just in general have some crazy moments, i'm a noob who dosen't know how to pull those crazy combos/do the crazy things you all do. How can i learn how to do them and be better at the game?

As most are probably saying, practice.

But I think it is important to know what kind of practice matters. Everyone is different. Some people you throw into the deep end of the pool and they learn how to swim, other people you throw into the deep end of the pool and they drown. Everyone has their own specific pace they can learn at.

So the most important thing is to not rush the game faster than you can accommodate. A lot of people think the point of the game is to get to the top as fast as possible, and often they either burn out or decide the game is "too hard" and quit in frustration. The game is not hard, it is old. Many of the veteran players you see playing skillfully had years to learn how to play the game, because the game only added things slowly over time.

When you run into content you can't do or have difficulty doing, do you spend to get past it, or do you actually try to learn how to do it? Spending works once, and it gets more expensive every time you do it. Learning works once, and then pays dividends forever. Don't cheat yourself out of chances to learn. Resist the urge to "catch up" to other people, because if you do that without learning what they learned to get there, you'll actually place yourself even farther behind them.

The game actually does a decent job of introducing you to a ladder of increasing challenges, if you actually run through them. The story arc content (i.e. the "Acts") introduce harder opponents with more complex nodes that require increasing levels of skill to beat as you go up. If you actually stop to learn how to do that content with a minimum of resource spending, you will slowly acquire the two skills that matter most: learning to read and understand nodes, and learning the tappy clicky skills of parry, dash back, intercept, etc.
    I just want to add on here to the thought of Act content being good for progressively learning skills. 100% true, but also after you complete Act 5, I’d say start looking at some of the other content in the game. Back Issues (Variant Difficulty) especially. That content was originally conceived to help bridge the gap between Acts 5 and 6, and is one of the first places where node comprehension becomes critical. Plus, some of them are pretty fun.
  • Options
    Chris_SummersChris_Summers Posts: 252 ★★
    DRTO said:

Swipe right

no… only left swipes make you awesome in the game! pssshh 😤
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 981 ★★★★
    One thing that helped me was watching the better guys on YouTube. Also after throwing a special or heavy and they’re in the corner, tap block and let go quick right after your heavy/sp, and a lot of the time this will bait the ai special.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Watching videos that help you develop fundamental skills is great, but don't forget to watch content focused tutorials too. They help you learn which champions are good for certain node combos. The more you watch and apply the knowledge in them, the better you'll get at making those decisions for yourself.

Also, if you run into a wall when trying to complete certain permanent content, don't keep banging your head against the wall. Leave it for a while and focus on other game modes. You'll be surprised at how much you have improved just by playing. I can't even count the times I felt like certain content was completely impossible and videos showing people completing it were obviously fake, but then a month or two later I ripped through it, easily.

Finally, skill is obviously important, but you need to continue to develop your roster. Content that is very hard with some champs can be trivially easy with others. It is fine to listen to opinions on who is good or not, but never forget to focus on champs that are good for you. There are some amazing champs that have very strict playstyles. If you are not able to play them the way they "should" be played, they may not be any better than other champs. Find the ones you like playing with and whose playstyle meshes with your own. I will neeeeeever be able to Quake. So I stopped wasting time trying to learn and found alternative champs that allowed me to get through the content other people just Quaked through.
  • Options
    Yeah a good thing to check out is contestchampions AKA BrianGrant or BG his new account challenges gave me motivation and taught me some stuff just don’t take to much inspiration there is some stuff that’s not good to do such as selling all your catalyst
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,949 ★★★★★

I need another 4k to catch up to that number.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim Posts: 49
    For my first ~month of playing, I was just using one finger on the screen to swipe around. Then I saw someone on Reddit mention using their thumbs to play. Wow, that makes a big difference! Hold your device in two hands and use your thumbs, one on each side of the screen.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I’m in the camp of trying, and failing, just so very much.

If that ever works out for me, I’ll report back here.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 798 ★★★
    Barrel836 said:

just straight up progress bro
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

Not sure if they're still around (probably buried in the bowels of YouTube) but search Dork Lessons and watch the "How to _____ Like a Ninja" series. It's basic stuff but you should be able to build on the basics to help you improve.

This - the best videos for actual new players are those Like a Ninja by Dorky Diggedy Dave. Current content makers sort of assume you know these basics already and add on top of them.

These starter tutorials are still all there on his channel Dork Lessons: https://www.youtube.com/@dorklessons

Search for the videos with "Like a Ninja" in the title @Barrel836 like said above - apart from practicing in arena and ROL these videos show the basic mechanics that more advanced youtubers like MCOCNoob, MSD, Karatemiike etc build upon.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,182 ★★★★★
    Bro really believes most of us are actually skilled☠️

Anyways, practice every action multiple times, and you'll eventually get skilled
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Read the loading screen tips
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    Take your daily vitamins and get 8 hours of sleep every night.