**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Thoughts on Holiday Gift?

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    Alright
    DNA3000 said:

Yes but the people complaining is usually the minority, when you have more than half the playerbase upset you're obviously doing something wrong unless you're delusional.

Half the playerbase has never been upset about anything. Less than half the playerbase could have even articulated what changed in 12.0, much less be upset about it at the time. And that's the oft-quoted high water mark for player revolt.

I'll bet real cash that 75% of the playerbase just went oh look, free gift and that was the end of their thought process about the xmas gift this year.

I don't hear tons of players actually upset: some thought it was fine, some thought it should be higher, but I have to come to the forums to find people actually upset about it, as I do for most things. Even the Reddit seems much less angry in general than they used to be.
    I disagree, the backlash on the forums when the Banquet crystals and milestones were announced was unlike anything I'd ever seen personally, and every single poll and thread that was made was full of negative comments, pair that up with nearly every single video made about how disappointing the crystals were and the comment sections which were also full of negative comments and I think it's safe to say it was more than half. Sure one could argue the majority of the playerbase isn't on the forums Reddit YT etc but I really don't see how anyone could look at the Banquet event and go "yep, this was great". Same thing with the SQs, there's a reason even Kabam had to address it in one of the livestreams.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Amazing
    Lokx said:

Chaos_28 said:

im cav and have gotten my first r4 6 star from the banquet crystals and then get a rank 1 to rank 2 gem from what is supposed to be a good christmas gift. wouldve loved it it was a rank 2 to rank 3 gem but a rank 1 to 2 is just terrible

To get Thornbreaker you need r3’s and to do the grandmaster fight. They never give anything that would help you achieve your next progression requirements. Thats how it’s always been. Especially for free.
    But they did, in the banquet crystal? It’s very much as if they wanted to give them stuff in that to get them OUT of dated progression titles (as those suck to plan for), while still giving them something to remind them why they should leave those titles. Both a lift, and a prod.

Both of which I agree with.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Amazing

We are in fact getting 1k Titan shards as additional milestones not 7* shards. I'm confused now, you're mad about people complaining but you just gave me two examples of Kabam agreeing with the playerbase when it comes to free stuff to prove what? Lol

If people don't voice their opinions on the forums then how exactly will Kabam know what the playerbase is or isn't interested in? Kabam Miike himself has asked people for constructive criticism multiple times when it comes to complaints, and telling people to be quiet just because it's a free gift isn't really helping Kabam or the playerbase.

The disappointment doesn't come just from the gift, it comes from everything that's happened this month as a whole. Not only was it mcoc's anniversary it's Christmas too, and the Banquet event as well as the calendars and SQ were all disappointing. I can guarantee you if the Banquet hadn't been as bad as it was, at least 50% of the people angry in the comment section would not be complaining.

The 1000 shards was a mistype, I realized it after the edit ability faded. But the point still remains, we're getting 1k titan shards in addition to everything else. This was added after we reached all the milestones and people are still complaining that it's not enough. People want a full titan crystal or awakening gem or rank three gem. There's legitimately no pleasing this community.

Was the banquet underwhelming? Sure. So was cyber weekend - but I actually appreciated that. So did a lot of other people. The majority in fact. It was a nice change after the previous offers. I didn't feel the need to buy everything. Some of the offers were actually completely irrelevant to me. The banquet crystals are mostly irrelevant to me. That's a good thing, I can focus on exploring Necropolis, which is much more beneficial.

Now I have two paths left.

I strongly disagree with your premise that the complaints would be cut in half if the banquet were better. There would still be complaints that this gift wasn't good enough for certain progression levels and the banquet complaints would just shift to: "Kabam once again catering to the whales and leaving FTP behind." and you can't deny that. You can't legitimately tell me you believe otherwise, because if there's anything we as a community have been consistent with, it's that there's a percentage of us literally willing to complain about anything Kabam does.

BeastDad said:

To further expand on this, people keep on using the term "gift" as if Kabam is doing something benevolent for the player base. This is a huge misconception.

For many, the amount of money spent on this game annually certainly warrants "customer appreciation" events that keep interest growing. There is no such thing as "business appreciation" for a reason, we show our appreciation with dollars, and Kabam shows theirs with rewarding our loyalty/purchases with events like these.

When you flop hard with major events, customers show their dissatisfaction, it is not rocket science. The worst thing a business can do is keep repeating the same mistake over and over.

That's a bit of a false dichotomy. Players spend money on things in game, they obtain those things in game - that's what we're entitled to. That's it. I spend quite a bit on the game but it would be very dangerous for me to start assuming that I'm owed something beyond what I purchased. That's a completely unrealistic expectation.

Kabam could decide to stop doing these holiday gifts. Would that be a horrible business decision? Yes, absolutely. But are we entitled to it simply because some Whale in game spends enough to secure someone's salary and keep the servers on? No.

I'd actually argue that Kabam has shown a lot of appreciation towards the players this year. These past few months alone: We're now getting two daily crystals. They returned the legends crystal and we're getting one a week. Look at all the streams and giveaways they've been doing. The fact that we didn't need to buy all the offers on these past few offer events has been amazing. They didn't gate Valiant behind having to purchase absolutely everything. The vast majority of progression materials have been placed behind skill challenges in game making them available for FTP on a level that we haven't seen in a long time. 7* champions are practically being thrown at us. I've obtained 7* at a rate much faster than the rate I received 6* when they were introduced.

These are wins. These have been positive changes and I haven't seen much gratitude on the forums about even half of this.

Do we take these wins? Nah, let's complain about a holiday gift because we feel entitled to receiving something more than what we got.

There are plenty of battles to pick and hills to die on. This isn't one of them.

So yeah, I stand by saying the gift was amazing. Thanks for my free 7* Spot Kabam.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Amazing

Buttehrs said:

Thronebreakers font need 7* though. Yall can easily do act 7 and 8 with 6*. You don't even need r4s because you only need r3s to even be a paragon so what makes yall think you need 7*?

They don’t need 7* s to try and remain competitive in wars and battlegrounds ?
    I find that backwards as can be. It isn’t upon Kabam to “gift” relevancy to a TB/cav player. They already put relevancy in story content, ie the means to leave TB/cav. If that content is beyond them, an additional 7* won’t fix anything.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,577 ★★★★★
    Meh

BeastDad said:

Right but all those other events and even the free ones were great on another level, difference which you conveniently omitted.

I never said any of that, if you read my comment slowly you'll realize I said the gift was alright lol. All I said was white knights acting like the gift is "amazing" because it's free is dumb, and if some Paragons feel the gift was disappointing they're free to feel that way because of how bad the Banquet event was this month for them, it's really not that deep.

I'm not conveniently leaving anything out. Every single time there's a free gift there are people complaining about it not being good enough. You want to search through the history and see it? The response almost every single year is the same thing: "This gift would be good for my former progression level but it's trash for the one I'm on now!"

Every. Single. Time. So no, I don't buy your "they were on another level!".

Every single time there's compensation given out there are people who complain that it's not good enough.
    The shooting stars, people complained. The Paragon challenges, so straightforward and pretty easy for the rewards, people still complain. The past two Side Quests have been horrible - the Goldpool track wasn't great. Complaints.

The Triple-Double track was one of the best things Kabam's done this year, they practically gave away a 7* and oh wait, people still complained about it.

Kabam decided to add more milestones to the Necropolis challenge - additional rewards. People still complain and act entitled as if 1000 7* shards isn't enough. We should be getting Titan shards or Crystals or Sig stones or T4 alpha fragments instead.

I understand that you said the gift was alright, which is why I specified that my comments weren't referring to you in particular but the royal "you" (community) complaining about the gift.

Do I get annoyed at things Kabam does? All the time, I've probably been more snarky in posts than the majority of people on these forums. I also think the Valiant daily crystals should have a small possibility of giving out T4 Alpha fragments because it's the next tier and yet we have absolutely no way of getting R3 characters. Every single progression level prior to this has helped those summoners rank additional champions to the tier required for obtaining that progression level. There are many things we can choose to question and get disappointed about. But getting annoyed or angry at a gift not living up to expectations that we set is something that's genuinely not fair to put on Kabam. That's not on them and pretending it is is nothing more than pure entitlement. Saying as much is not white knighting anything - it's simply being honest.

I got a 7* that I didn't have before today. I'm fortunate in that aspect. But yeah, the gift was RNG. So there's a chance I could have duped my 7* VTD and made him sig 40. Which would have sucked, but I wouldn't really have room to complain. I didn't get a new champion and I don't need a 6* at all, but I got ISO, gold and Shards.

I think the gift was awesome because I set my expectation of getting nothing exciting. So what I got was far more than what I expected. So yeah, thanks Kabam.

Again, to the people who are disappointed, I ask to reflect and be honest: is the disappointment simply because you expected more than what you got and if so: What would have made you happy and why do you feel entitled to that instead of what you recieved?
    Yes but the people complaining is usually the minority, when you have more than half the playerbase upset you're obviously doing something wrong unless you're delusional.

You can believe what you want lol it takes three brain cells to figure out which items are relevant to an endgame player and which ones aren't it's not rocket science.

The SQs have in fact been garbage and Kabam already acknowledged this in the livestream so I don't know what you're implying by using that as an example.

We are in fact getting 1k Titan shards as additional milestones not 7* shards. I'm confused now, you're mad about people complaining but you just gave me two examples of Kabam agreeing with the playerbase when it comes to free stuff to prove what? Lol

If people don't voice their opinions on the forums then how exactly will Kabam know what the playerbase is or isn't interested in? Kabam Miike himself has asked people for constructive criticism multiple times when it comes to complaints, and telling people to be quiet just because it's a free gift isn't really helping Kabam or the playerbase.

The disappointment doesn't come just from the gift, it comes from everything that's happened this month as a whole. Not only was it mcoc's anniversary it's Christmas too, and the Banquet event as well as the calendars and SQ were all disappointing. I can guarantee you if the Banquet hadn't been as bad as it was, at least 50% of the people angry in the comment section would not be complaining.
    To further expand on this, people keep on using the term "gift" as if Kabam is doing something benevolent for the player base. This is a huge misconception.

For many, the amount of money spent on this game annually certainly warrants "customer appreciation" events that keep interest growing. There is no such thing as "business appreciation" for a reason, we show our appreciation with dollars, and Kabam shows theirs with rewarding our loyalty/purchases with events like these.

When you flop hard with major events, customers show their dissatisfaction, it is not rocket science. The worst thing a business can do is keep repeating the same mistake over and over.
    I'm sorry, what?
    They don't owe you anything for spending on the game other than access to what you pay for. Courtesies are appreciated but never demanded.
    We hear this justification regularly. "We spend enough money on the game...." Only, it's not one individual. It's a collective of people who choose to spend on advancing instead of waiting. For that, they get what they pay for. Further to that, most of the people who make that argument don't spend at all, or enough to be that entitled.
    All of our Accounts have something they never had before today. This isn't an obligation. It isn't remuneration or a stipend. It's a gift to acknowledge the holidays.
    If people aren't happy with what it is, that's one thing. If people are going to claim it's owed to us, I draw the line.
    Good to know that you "drew a line".

It doesn't change the fact that this is a business funded by customers, and what I said is 100% accurate.
  • Options
    Moneymike128Moneymike128 Posts: 29
    For Christmas this year I took the 7500 7* shards, went in for 8.1.6 with gilly 2099 for 7,500 more, and spun my luck to pull this. Of course it's free and I don't really have a right to complain, but I will say it feels kinda like getting pair of brown crocs that are one size too small from a family member and still having to say thank you.

• Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
    it was free so thank you
  • Options
    Alright

The 1000 shards was a mistype, I realized it after the edit ability faded. But the point still remains, we're getting 1k titan shards in addition to everything else. This was added after we reached all the milestones and people are still complaining that it's not enough. People want a full titan crystal or awakening gem or rank three gem. There's legitimately no pleasing this community.

Was the banquet underwhelming? Sure. So was cyber weekend - but I actually appreciated that. So did a lot of other people. The majority in fact. It was a nice change after the previous offers. I didn't feel the need to buy everything. Some of the offers were actually completely irrelevant to me. The banquet crystals are mostly irrelevant to me. That's a good thing, I can focus on exploring Necropolis, which is much more beneficial.

I strongly disagree with your premise that the complaints would be cut in half if the banquet were better. There would still be complaints that this gift wasn't good enough for certain progression levels and the banquet complaints would just shift to: "Kabam once again catering to the whales and leaving FTP behind." and you can't deny that. You can't legitimately tell me you believe otherwise, because if there's anything we as a community have been consistent with, it's that there's a percentage of us literally willing to complain about anything Kabam does.

BeastDad said:

That's a bit of a false dichotomy. Players spend money on things in game, they obtain those things in game - that's what we're entitled to. That's it. I spend quite a bit on the game but it would be very dangerous for me to start assuming that I'm owed something beyond what I purchased. That's a completely unrealistic expectation.

Kabam could decide to stop doing these holiday gifts. Would that be a horrible business decision? Yes, absolutely. But are we entitled to it simply because some Whale in game spends enough to secure someone's salary and keep the servers on? No.

I'd actually argue that Kabam has shown a lot of appreciation towards the players this year. These past few months alone: We're now getting two daily crystals. They returned the legends crystal and we're getting one a week. Look at all the streams and giveaways they've been doing. The fact that we didn't need to buy all the offers on these past few offer events has been amazing. They didn't gate Valiant behind having to purchase absolutely everything. The vast majority of progression materials have been placed behind skill challenges in game making them available for FTP on a level that we haven't seen in a long time. 7* champions are practically being thrown at us. I've obtained 7* at a rate much faster than the rate I received 6* when they were introduced.

These are wins. These have been positive changes and I haven't seen much gratitude on the forums about even half of this.

Do we take these wins? Nah, let's complain about a holiday gift because we feel entitled to receiving something more than what we got.

There are plenty of battles to pick and hills to die on. This isn't one of them.

So yeah, I stand by saying the gift was amazing. Thanks for my free 7* Spot Kabam.
    Right but you don't see nearly as many people complaining about RttC milestone rewards as you see people complaining about everything that's happened in December for a reason.

Nobody said Necropolis isn't more beneficial cause it is, however most of us would've liked to spend on both, instead they ruined one of them for absolutely no reason.

You can disagree all you want but the fact remains, the reason people had high hopes for the holiday gift is because the Banquet was terrible. Most people expected a gift good enough to make up for the fact that Banquet was basically useless for endgame players this year. If Banquet had been more beneficial for the higher progression titles some of the people complaining about this probably wouldn't care. Sure there would still be some complaints I'm not saying nobody would complain, but there wouldn't be as many because like I said the reason people got their hopes up in the first place was because of how disappointing Banquet was.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    Amazing

You can disagree all you want but the fact remains, the reason people had high hopes for the holiday gift is because the Banquet was terrible. Most people expected a gift good enough to make up for the fact that Banquet was basically useless for endgame players this year. If Banquet had been more beneficial for the higher progression titles some of the people complaining about this probably wouldn't care. Sure there would still be some complaints I'm not saying nobody would complain, but there wouldn't be as many because like I said the reason people got their hopes up in the first place was because of how disappointing Banquet was.

I can appreciate the point you're trying to explain and even understand it's not necessarily the stance you are personally taking. It's your explanation of others. To those people though, I would simply say that the law of averages doesn't exist.

When a company is underperforming and disappointing you, raising your expectations in efforts to "chase" something makes no sense. You adjust your expectations using the benchmarks you have. The side quests have been disappointing. The offers have been underwhelming. The Cap event was disappointing. The banquet was disappointing and even with all of this, Kabam has been consistent in telling us time and time again: "Manage your expectations." people are quick to brush this off as a cop-out but it's quite literally Kabam telling us that they are not going to be meeting the expectations we are setting for them. They're giving us advanced notice that we might want to ground ourselves a little more.

The company doesn't owe it to us to meet the expectations we set for them. That's the hard truth.

Kabam has been responding and acknowledging regularly when events and offers and such don't meet our expectations. But just because they acknowledge it doesn't mean they're going to increase the following ones. A lot of their responses have been very transparent in saying: "We have set internal goals, we have also been given some goals... we are meeting them."

Look at this thread. Forget about banquet and other things, this thread and the responses about the holiday gift. The majority of responses are actually positive and the "meh" and below responses that have posted aren't actually expressing overall disappointment in the gift and even fewer are offering constructive criticism. Yes, some saying Thronebreaker feels like they're being left behind. That's always been the case though. Paragon will start to feel that way soon enough. The game needs to push people to progress and attain the next level. That's the drive.

Aside from those few posts, I'd say the most actual comments I read of the disappointment shared here is because the RNG wasn't in their favour. So is that the gift itself that's underwhelming or the result of the gift? Small distinction, but it's actually important to note from a design and business perspective.

If those same people would change their response from "meh" or "slap in the face" to something more positive if only the RNG gave them exactly what they wanted, then the actual gift itself was good, it's the results that upset people. But that's true when people open any crystal.

As a consumer, I would never look at a company and say: "Hmm, I feel like you haven't been very reliable in the past. I'm going to keep my expectations of you exactly where they are. No, you know what, you owe it to me because of how you've disappointed me so I might even raise them a little."

People who are doing so are setting themselves up for failure. That's not simply me disagreeing, it's common sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Alright
    It was fine.

Nothing gamebreaking. Nothing horrible.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,619 ★★★★★
    Great

It was fine.

Nothing gamebreaking. Nothing horrible.

Pretty much my feelings on it. I don't think anyone should have expected game breaking but i do feel really bad for thronebreakers and cavs for this one though
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    Amazing
    ahmynuts said:

Well someone is getting banned

They made that Account about a half an hour before that. Wrong type of Valiant.
  • Options
    Great

All my whishes came true
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,948 ★★★★
    Other (Show me Results)
    Great, exactly what I expected
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Great
    Chaos_28 said:

im cav and have gotten my first r4 6 star from the banquet crystals and then get a rank 1 to rank 2 gem from what is supposed to be a good christmas gift. wouldve loved it it was a rank 2 to rank 3 gem but a rank 1 to 2 is just terrible

Bro wants the gift of becoming TB for free
  • Options
    Jdollar77Jdollar77 Posts: 65

Just a follow up… I really wish these would be geared toward rank ups with guaranteed value. RNG for a gift doesn’t feel like a gift unless you hit the lottery. Why make some of the player base unhappy after an already lackluster Banquet? December has not been a good month for Kabam.

Would have loved for a rank up

Going in with low expectations, to having super optimistic expectation of a 7* gifted crystal, it actually fell up near the upper end of my expectations. Would've been nice to have a 5 stack of GBC in there too but it was good.

I do feel bad for anyone below thronebreaker though, they got some pretty mid rewards.

Thronebreaker rewards sucked
  • Options

Just a follow up… I really wish these would be geared toward rank ups with guaranteed value. RNG for a gift doesn’t feel like a gift unless you hit the lottery. Why make some of the player base unhappy after an already lackluster Banquet? December has not been a good month for Kabam.

Would have loved for a rank up
    Buttehrs said:

It was a gift so anyone complaining is a knucklehead.

Was the Banquet event also a gift? They ruined one, the least they could do is not ruin the other one, mister white knight sir.
    They could have also done no banquet or event whatsoever so....
    They are way too greedy for that
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    Great
    Good rewards for paragon but trash pulls.
    Pulled 7* warmachine and duped him in 2 days back to back, yahoo 😮‍💨
    6* tech Abyss, hoping for Shuri, got nothing but paycho mana, mysterio, darkhawk and other noodle heroes, like imagine every mid tech champs and they were in that Abyss. 😀
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 798 ★★★
    Great

I commented on another post, but I think satisfaction has to be progression based and I think Thronebreaker really got the shaft

No we didn’t bro I duped my 6* knull and got warlock to sig 100(he was at sig 90 before)
    So I’m happy.
  • Options
    VivavengerVivavenger Posts: 75
    "Slap in the face"
    Ok I get I am cav and i got bad rewards but they could have buffed my luck to get a better 6* champion like seriously
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,389 ★★★★★
    Amazing

Buttehrs said:

Was the Banquet event also a gift? They ruined one, the least they could do is not ruin the other one, mister white knight sir.
    Or hear me out, I had this crazy idea before the event was out and I'm sure nobody at Kabam thought about it: make it better than last year since that's what 90% of the playerbase was expecting, crazy idea huh?
    Sorry but it freezes all u need to do was login shouldn’t get crazy even this year was better then last year slightly but be happy
  • Options

BeastDad said:

I still think the gift was ****
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

Right but all those other events and even the free ones were great on another level, difference which you conveniently omitted.

I never said any of that, if you read my comment slowly you'll realize I said the gift was alright lol. All I said was white knights acting like the gift is "amazing" because it's free is dumb, and if some Paragons feel the gift was disappointing they're free to feel that way because of how bad the Banquet event was this month for them, it's really not that deep.

I'm not conveniently leaving anything out. Every single time there's a free gift there are people complaining about it not being good enough. You want to search through the history and see it? The response almost every single year is the same thing: "This gift would be good for my former progression level but it's trash for the one I'm on now!"

Every. Single. Time. So no, I don't buy your "they were on another level!".

Every single time there's compensation given out there are people who complain that it's not good enough.
    The shooting stars, people complained. The Paragon challenges, so straightforward and pretty easy for the rewards, people still complain. The past two Side Quests have been horrible - the Goldpool track wasn't great. Complaints.

The Triple-Double track was one of the best things Kabam's done this year, they practically gave away a 7* and oh wait, people still complained about it.

Kabam decided to add more milestones to the Necropolis challenge - additional rewards. People still complain and act entitled as if 1000 7* shards isn't enough. We should be getting Titan shards or Crystals or Sig stones or T4 alpha fragments instead.

I understand that you said the gift was alright, which is why I specified that my comments weren't referring to you in particular but the royal "you" (community) complaining about the gift.

Do I get annoyed at things Kabam does? All the time, I've probably been more snarky in posts than the majority of people on these forums. I also think the Valiant daily crystals should have a small possibility of giving out T4 Alpha fragments because it's the next tier and yet we have absolutely no way of getting R3 characters. Every single progression level prior to this has helped those summoners rank additional champions to the tier required for obtaining that progression level. There are many things we can choose to question and get disappointed about. But getting annoyed or angry at a gift not living up to expectations that we set is something that's genuinely not fair to put on Kabam. That's not on them and pretending it is is nothing more than pure entitlement. Saying as much is not white knighting anything - it's simply being honest.

I got a 7* that I didn't have before today. I'm fortunate in that aspect. But yeah, the gift was RNG. So there's a chance I could have duped my 7* VTD and made him sig 40. Which would have sucked, but I wouldn't really have room to complain. I didn't get a new champion and I don't need a 6* at all, but I got ISO, gold and Shards.

I think the gift was awesome because I set my expectation of getting nothing exciting. So what I got was far more than what I expected. So yeah, thanks Kabam.

Again, to the people who are disappointed, I ask to reflect and be honest: is the disappointment simply because you expected more than what you got and if so: What would have made you happy and why do you feel entitled to that instead of what you recieved?

You can believe what you want lol it takes three brain cells to figure out which items are relevant to an endgame player and which ones aren't it's not rocket science.

The SQs have in fact been garbage and Kabam already acknowledged this in the livestream so I don't know what you're implying by using that as an example.

Well said
  • Options
    Lokx said:

Chaos_28 said:

To get Thornbreaker you need r3’s and to do the grandmaster fight. They never give anything that would help you achieve your next progression requirements. Thats how it’s always been. Especially for free.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Alright
    Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

Or hear me out, I had this crazy idea before the event was out and I'm sure nobody at Kabam thought about it: make it better than last year since that's what 90% of the playerbase was expecting, crazy idea huh?
    Sorry but it freezes all u need to do was login shouldn’t get crazy even this year was better then last year slightly but be happy
    This was not better than last year at all. I spent about 2k units as a Cav last year and I got to pop about seven 6* featured crystals, three nexus 6*, one Abyss, a gem + some other stuff. This year, as a Paragon, I spent 3k units and not only did I not get that much free iso I also got mostly t2a and t5 basic out of those garbage crystals. I appreciate the positivity but there's nothing to be happy about 💀
  • Options
    Alright

I can appreciate the point you're trying to explain and even understand it's not necessarily the stance you are personally taking. It's your explanation of others. To those people though, I would simply say that the law of averages doesn't exist.

When a company is underperforming and disappointing you, raising your expectations in efforts to "chase" something makes no sense. You adjust your expectations using the benchmarks you have. The side quests have been disappointing. The offers have been underwhelming. The Cap event was disappointing. The banquet was disappointing and even with all of this, Kabam has been consistent in telling us time and time again: "Manage your expectations." people are quick to brush this off as a cop-out but it's quite literally Kabam telling us that they are not going to be meeting the expectations we are setting for them. They're giving us advanced notice that we might want to ground ourselves a little more.

The company doesn't owe it to us to meet the expectations we set for them. That's the hard truth.

Kabam has been responding and acknowledging regularly when events and offers and such don't meet our expectations. But just because they acknowledge it doesn't mean they're going to increase the following ones. A lot of their responses have been very transparent in saying: "We have set internal goals, we have also been given some goals... we are meeting them."

Look at this thread. Forget about banquet and other things, this thread and the responses about the holiday gift. The majority of responses are actually positive and the "meh" and below responses that have posted aren't actually expressing overall disappointment in the gift and even fewer are offering constructive criticism. Yes, some saying Thronebreaker feels like they're being left behind. That's always been the case though. Paragon will start to feel that way soon enough. The game needs to push people to progress and attain the next level. That's the drive.

Aside from those few posts, I'd say the most actual comments I read of the disappointment shared here is because the RNG wasn't in their favour. So is that the gift itself that's underwhelming or the result of the gift? Small distinction, but it's actually important to note from a design and business perspective.

If those same people would change their response from "meh" or "slap in the face" to something more positive if only the RNG gave them exactly what they wanted, then the actual gift itself was good, it's the results that upset people. But that's true when people open any crystal.

As a consumer, I would never look at a company and say: "Hmm, I feel like you haven't been very reliable in the past. I'm going to keep my expectations of you exactly where they are. No, you know what, you owe it to me because of how you've disappointed me so I might even raise them a little."

People who are doing so are setting themselves up for failure. That's not simply me disagreeing, it's common sense.
    I agree, people should lower their expectations and be realistic but at the same time, Kabam should listen to what we have to say to some extent. We the players, as a whole, are the main reason the game is still running so the least they should do is listen and make better decisions when it comes to events based on the community's feedback as a whole. This isn't about the gift anymore, it's mostly about how disappointing the past few months have been when it comes to events, mainly Banquet of course.