Thoughts on Holiday Gift?

12346»

Comments

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,721 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Amazing

Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

It was a gift so anyone complaining is a knucklehead.

Was the Banquet event also a gift? They ruined one, the least they could do is not ruin the other one, mister white knight sir.
    They could have also done no banquet or event whatsoever so....
    Or hear me out, I had this crazy idea before the event was out and I'm sure nobody at Kabam thought about it: make it better than last year since that's what 90% of the playerbase was expecting, crazy idea huh?
    Sorry but it freezes all u need to do was login shouldn’t get crazy even this year was better then last year slightly but be happy
    This was not better than last year at all. I spent about 2k units as a Cav last year and I got to pop about seven 6* featured crystals, three nexus 6*, one Abyss, a gem + some other stuff. This year, as a Paragon, I spent 3k units and not only did I not get that much free iso I also got mostly t2a and t5 basic out of those garbage crystals. I appreciate the positivity but there's nothing to be happy about 💀
    Well now I talked of mine progress even pargone was better you ungrateful for what ever you getting free stuff but yea cav definitely deserves better that’s i agerd with
  • Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 263 ★★
    Amazing
    Imagine people crying over something FREE it's crazy to me🤣
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    Alright
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

Was the Banquet event also a gift? They ruined one, the least they could do is not ruin the other one, mister white knight sir.
    Or hear me out, I had this crazy idea before the event was out and I'm sure nobody at Kabam thought about it: make it better than last year since that's what 90% of the playerbase was expecting, crazy idea huh?
    Sorry but it freezes all u need to do was login shouldn’t get crazy even this year was better then last year slightly but be happy
    This was not better than last year at all. I spent about 2k units as a Cav last year and I got to pop about seven 6* featured crystals, three nexus 6*, one Abyss, a gem + some other stuff. This year, as a Paragon, I spent 3k units and not only did I not get that much free iso I also got mostly t2a and t5 basic out of those garbage crystals. I appreciate the positivity but there's nothing to be happy about 💀
    Well now I talked of mine progress even pargone was better you ungrateful for what ever you getting free stuff but yea cav definitely deserves better that’s i agerd with
    Nobody here is being ungrateful, the Banquet event was bad, it's that simple and that's not something that's up for debate. If you were Paragon or Valiant it was terrible, TB and below not bad.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,721 ★★★★★
    Amazing

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

Nobody here is being ungrateful, the Banquet event was bad, it's that simple and that's not something that's up for debate. If you were Paragon or Valiant it was terrible, TB and below not bad.
    I talking of the gift we gotten not the banguet event because that was bad
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    Alright
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

I talking of the gift we gotten not the banguet event because that was bad
    Oh then yeah, I mean it was an alright gift, I still think it should've been a fully formed 7* for Paragon and Titan for Valiant but it's whatever.
  • GizGiz Member Posts: 155
    Meh
    Buttehrs said:

But then how would I have got all that t2a that I’ll have to sell eventually?
  • FigueFigue Member Posts: 83
    Alright

I'm now 0-3 in my abyss selectors hunting for Herc :(

On the bright side my new Paragon alt got him...wah wah.

You will get it, eventually..
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    Great
    Lovejoy72 said:

Buttehrs said:

Thronebreakers font need 7* though. Yall can easily do act 7 and 8 with 6*. You don't even need r4s because you only need r3s to even be a paragon so what makes yall think you need 7*?

They don’t need 7* s to try and remain competitive in wars and battlegrounds ?
    I find that backwards as can be. It isn’t upon Kabam to “gift” relevancy to a TB/cav player. They already put relevancy in story content, ie the means to leave TB/cav. If that content is beyond them, an additional 7* won’t fix anything.
    I wasn’t stating anything about the Xmas gift, just trying question this idea that thronebreakers dont “need” 7*s. 7s are out there and all progression levels want to advance their account.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Great
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lokx said:

Chaos_28 said:

im cav and have gotten my first r4 6 star from the banquet crystals and then get a rank 1 to rank 2 gem from what is supposed to be a good christmas gift. wouldve loved it it was a rank 2 to rank 3 gem but a rank 1 to 2 is just terrible

To get Thornbreaker you need r3’s and to do the grandmaster fight. They never give anything that would help you achieve your next progression requirements. Thats how it’s always been. Especially for free.
    But they did, in the banquet crystal? It’s very much as if they wanted to give them stuff in that to get them OUT of dated progression titles (as those suck to plan for), while still giving them something to remind them why they should leave those titles. Both a lift, and a prod.

Both of which I agree with.
    Thats not the same… the Christmas gift is free while the banquet crystal requires you to participate by spending units. You get 4 free at the end of the calendar they give but even then its rng and not guaranteed to give you rank up resources so its not the same.

I may have misspoke on my original post by saying ‘especially free’ which implies they don’t give it out other ways, i should have just stated they only won’t give it out for free like a gift.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,326 ★★★★★
    Hm, curious spread on the opinions so far.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,332 ★★★★★
    "Slap in the face"
    It gave me a Red goblin dupe lol