**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Underrated or Overrated: Hawkeye

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
edited January 6 in General Discussion
My opinion: I think he is underrated. Is he as good as Kate? Probably not but he is still good. I’m hoping Bullseye will be just as good as these two, and that he will probably have synergies with them

Underrated or Overrated: Hawkeye 134 votes

Overrated
20%
EgyptOverseerSpity68zuffybryce7mSungjPIKESTAINcfpreludeKiptonadeLegendboy2411Rookiiejay_den_Sham_Icy000Charlie21540LpooAzenstarEZplayMrMojo_RiznDarth133jack_the_ripper1 27 votes
Underrated
28%
bhuv9191FeuerschwerCat_MurdockThatGuyYouSaw235makoponAdvUnobtainiumClawsLittlePetePikoluDenslo500laserjohn26captain_rogersBeastDadIoniqus_797Coach_G1DeadpoisdeadThePredator1001xp21UltragamerThe_0wenpus 38 votes
Perfectly rated
51%
BKSwisherSweetAzKicker316Emil_LimsonTerraNescioege999menCassyHilldarHeattblasttFydaneLogan00RockSlydeMysterioCyborg17TheAngryOneCx8Justcause102SidDDragonWebby72Pandingo 69 votes

Comments

• Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Overrated
    I have yet to use the 7*, I’d rather use most skill champs at r3 than him unfortunately
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,334 ★★★★★
    He's not even worthy of being rated
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

My opinion: I think he is underrated. Is he as good as Kate? Probably not but he is still good. I’m hoping Bullseye will be just as good as these two, and that he will probably have synergies with them

He's not overrated or underrated to me, but just mid and meh. Nothing spectacular or game changing about him. If Kabam had given him his trick arrows, then maybe that would change.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Underrated
    I have 7* Hawkeye, and he does a lot.
    Skill power drain is more useful than you think.
    His sig ability should be his ability imo.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Perfectly rated
    Highly dependent on his skill without which he has to rely on sp3 for damage plus very little margin of error with him as you need perfect release to get the most out of his limited utility. But a solid champ to get out of your first 5,6 or 7* crystal as his power control could always come in handy
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★
    Perfectly rated
    Have him as 7*. I consider that as a loss. Never see myself want to use him for anything.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Perfectly rated
    Polygon said:

I forgot he was in the game

Till I got him as a 7 star
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    He's terrible... I pulled him as a 7* last night. One of the worst in the pool.
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Underrated

Wait until you get him duped, then he becomes better
  • Options
    Underrated

I miss his pre-buff form. I used that a lot, but I'm currently not a fan of the perfect release mechanism.

Doesn't Kate Bishop (and now Bullseye) have perfect release mechanisms as well?
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,015 ★★★★★
    Perfectly rated
    People are mad disrespecting Hawkeye right now.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Overrated
    The perfect release mechanic is arguably the most flawed mechanic in the game. I hate it. It's a guessing game. How are you going to make the strength of someones kit an estimation of timing when you could have a visual for it. It'd be different if there was some visual thing to help you land a perfect release like the boost damage from an sp3.
  • Options
    Underrated

The perfect release mechanic is arguably the most flawed mechanic in the game. I hate it. It's a guessing game. How are you going to make the strength of someones kit an estimation of timing when you could have a visual for it. It'd be different if there was some visual thing to help you land a perfect release like the boost damage from an sp3.

There is a visual thing! For Hawkeye and kate bishop, Don't you think it'll be nearly impossible for the playebase if there is no visual alert and all you have to do is calculate the time on your mind and release accordingly?

Well for Hawkeye and kate, when releasing their arrows, there will be a star at the end of the release, it will be visible for about 0.5 s, You have to release in correspondence to that star.

Go look for jason vorhees video for kate, She explained it very well, The same goes for Hawkeye, all you have to do is look for the star in the arrow during specials, and release as soon as you see the star.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Even then, I probably wouldn't use him given the rest of my roster.

Wayyyyyy back he was my first r5 4*, and I loved him, but nowadays there's just much better champs that hit harder with better bleeds or better power control.

To be fair though, I haven't played him much since his rework, but I do hate the perfect release mechanic.
  • Options
    Underrated

EdisonLaw said:

Wayyyyyy back he was my first r5 4*, and I loved him, but nowadays there's just much better champs that hit harder with better bleeds or better power control.

To be fair though, I haven't played him much since his rework, but I do hate the perfect release mechanic.
    Maybe a future objective with #Avengers team may provide opportunities to use him again
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Very personal opinion but I just don’t like him as a champion. Same goes with gambit. I think a character re-design would have helped.

When I see both champs I am really turned off
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    Underrated
    I like him, he does solid bleed damage once he’s awakened, but he’s competing with a lot of other skill champs who do big crits and bleed dmg better. Slow and power control is decent utility but I think he ends up being too niche for general use.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    Underrated

EdisonLaw said:

Maybe a future objective with #Avengers team may provide opportunities to use him again
    Well this comment aged well, the latest Carina's challenge involving @Karatemike415 revolves from using the OG Avengers to clear Grandmaster's gauntlet, which includes Hawkeye