Can a mod make this happen??

mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,094 ★★★★
Just did a match in BGs, and I had the victory in the bag, and at the conclusion of the last fight, this happened:

Could just be bad luck, but this was a matchup on Vibranium 3, and my opponent used Apocalypse as an attacker against Korg in the very first match.

He lost the match, but I feel like anyone who made it V3 legitimately would know that Apocalypse can't gain power against Korg in this meta, so it's gonna be a loss. And it's not like it was his only option. He had other choices that would have given him a fighting chance.

So yeah, it could just be bad luck I suppose, but the fact that he made such a bone-head attacker choice in the first match, then I get an unknown error that ruined ruined the overall victory has me legitimately wondering if this is some new kind of mod.

Comments

• rwurwu Member Posts: 9
    I don't think so, I have gotten this error a few times against like normal matchups so it might just be a normal problem.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,368 Guardian
    mgj0630 said:

Just did a match in BGs, and I had the victory in the bag, and at the conclusion of the last fight, this happened:

Could just be bad luck, but this was a matchup on Vibranium 3, and my opponent used Apocalypse as an attacker against Korg in the very first match.

He lost the match, but I feel like anyone who made it V3 legitimately would know that Apocalypse can't gain power against Korg in this meta, so it's gonna be a loss. And it's not like it was his only option. He had other choices that would have given him a fighting chance.

So yeah, it could just be bad luck I suppose, but the fact that he made such a bone-head attacker choice in the first match, then I get an unknown error that ruined ruined the overall victory has me legitimately wondering if this is some new kind of mod.

(Opponent) Mods cannot crash your game client. Their phone does not talk to your phone. Remember, they are fighting against the server, and you're fighting against the server. You are not fighting directly against them. They can crash their own phone. Maybe, under just the right conditions, they could crash the server instance they are connected to, which would not help them. They can't crash you.

As far as I am aware the only way an opponent could crash you in BG is in the one specific instance where there's a known bug that will crash anyone when they fight a particular champion, and they place that champion on defense. That's the only way they can affect you directly - by placing a defender you have to fight. But they can't change the characteristics of that defender in any way from what the servers think the defender should be.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,094 ★★★★
    Thanks @DNA3000. It seemed unlikely, but figured it was worth asking.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Just to comment about using apoc vs korg, your opponent may have been deliberately tanking the first round to be able to trap you later or the game may have lagged and picked the attacker for them. Just because they used apoc vs korg, doesn’t mean that the person may not have made it legitimately to V3.