**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Echo TV Show

CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 ★★★
Already seen echo, not bad and and enjoyed the fight. But the last episode not so good for me, but at least better than she hulk and nic fury series

Anyway, the mysterious 1st nation synergy must be echo right?

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed a lot of the solid character work but the last episode reallyyy hurt the show

the characters are great though and i love the skate rink
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    On a scale of 1-10 how good is Kingpin compared to how he is in Daredevil (the best thing marvel has ever produced).
    This will determine if i bother to watch it.

For shehulk i only watch a compilation of all Mats scenes on youtube and that was it lmao
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
    I am annoyed how Daredevils fight was advertised to be 7 minutes long.. It barely even hit 3 minutes..
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,411 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed it i also love learning new stuff that i dont know about
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 943 ★★★
    Just another in the growing list of lackluster spin offs pushed out by Disney
  • Options
    Chris_SummersChris_Summers Posts: 252 ★★
    That last episode just needed a more epic fight scene (maybe see Grams kick but more 🤯) and a more epic send off for Maya. Vincent Donofrio did make a better KP here than from the DD series I have to admit (something about him here looked dif than in DD maybe a pound or two 🤷🏻‍♂️).

Wish we coulda gotten an Echo this month along with the series for that synergy. If that is who is being laid out for it.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    edited January 10
    Kingpin was probably the best part of the show. Echo may join MCOC soon
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,818 ★★★★★
    I enjoyed it, but thought it could've been a bit longer.

I also like She-Hulk. It was the last show my mum and I watched together. But she didn't see the last 2 episodes. :(
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    2 episodes on the 5 (so 40%) were enough to not go further, because for me it was boring.
    Alas, in my opinion, there was no good series until now. The only ones higher (rather less low) than the others were Moon Knight (until the episode with the hippopotamus) and She-Hulk (because the main character breaks the 4th wall).
    All the others are slow and don’t bring anything interesting.

The problem is more global to the MCU series and movies:
    - no logic after Endgame
    - no explicit plan to link the characters
    - nothing really marvelous to catch the viewer
    - way too long to say the few it wants to say
    - rely on the nostalgia of the MCU masterpieces

For a major part of the viewers (excluding the fans), there is no more interest in MCU content, going from disappointment to another disappointment. And the observation is quite the same for Star Wars.
    I don’t know if the authors and directors are restrained or they are simply bad choices, but something is broken for a while now.
    For Star Wars, it seems both: some persons with exciting ideas gave up by restrictions. So the solution is obvious (the top level) but there will be again disappointments until the current projects will be released and fail / won’t reach the financial expectations.

Still in my opinion, the last hopes for the MCU rely on Deadpool and the X-Men. Maybe a bit by nostalgia for the X-Men and for sure because the characters are more popular and currently Deadpool remains the highest value.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    edited January 17
    I thought the show was alright. Kingpin scenes were def the highlights, and the cultural aspect was done well. I feel it didn't really warrant the MA-TV rating it got compared to Daredevil and Punisher. It was like "oh hey, I threw some Tabasco on this chicken! It's spicy!" That's great and all, but I really wanted at least some "ghost pepper+" in these episodes. I'm hoping Echo was just a little tease to keep us busy until DD:Born Again which I hope is more in the vein of what Netflix put out.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I loved She Hulk.

I will never take a single thing you say from this point forward seriously. I didn't even read the rest of your comment, I'm sick to my stomach. Cant believe i need to see stuff like this online this early in the morning.
    Lmao I actually liked she hulk to. It was different. I’ve been watching all the marvel stuff over last 2 months. She hulk wasn’t one of my favorites but it was good. Daredevil was one of my favorite, captian Marvel a bunch of others. I’m on Luke cage now. Then on to iron first then the defenders and the punisher.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 557 ★★★
    Echo show rating: 6/10

The action & fight scenes were cool, as well as every scene with kingpin.

Echos powers were… confusing. She is strong (but only sometimes), and she can heal people (I think).

All the stuff about her family really dragged down the show. I understand it’s important to include that stuff to explain her background & who she is, but it feels like they spent way too much time on it.

I feel like this show would have worked better as Hawkeye season two. Outside of Echos family, all the characters would fit in to that. Just add in a couple flashbacks to show the family stuff, maybe a scene or two in present day and you’re good.
  • Options
    The effin Shehulk support squad just came outa nowhere
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Exactly hahaha

But if you guys enjoy watching She hulk, go ahead, it's your preference.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★

I loved She Hulk. It was fun, funny, different. Not every show has to be drop dead serious and have global consequences, or be the typical superhero origin story/hero's tale, which is one of the points the show made. I dug its subversive messaging on both comic tropes and toxic masculinity, which I suspect is what drives most rage about the show.

Secret Invasion stunk, IMO, at least the whole second half of the season.

toxic masculinity? That’s a made up construct. No such thing exists
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★

2 episodes on the 5 (so 40%) were enough to not go further, because for me it was boring.
    Alas, in my opinion, there was no good series until now. The only ones higher (rather less low) than the others were Moon Knight (until the episode with the hippopotamus) and She-Hulk (because the main character breaks the 4th wall).
    All the others are slow and don’t bring anything interesting.

The problem is more global to the MCU series and movies:
    - no logic after Endgame
    - no explicit plan to link the characters
    - nothing really marvelous to catch the viewer
    - way too long to say the few it wants to say
    - rely on the nostalgia of the MCU masterpieces

For a major part of the viewers (excluding the fans), there is no more interest in MCU content, going from disappointment to another disappointment. And the observation is quite the same for Star Wars.
    I don’t know if the authors and directors are restrained or they are simply bad choices, but something is broken for a while now.
    For Star Wars, it seems both: some persons with exciting ideas gave up by restrictions. So the solution is obvious (the top level) but there will be again disappointments until the current projects will be released and fail / won’t reach the financial expectations.

Still in my opinion, the last hopes for the MCU rely on Deadpool and the X-Men. Maybe a bit by nostalgia for the X-Men and for sure because the characters are more popular and currently Deadpool remains the highest value.

Disney has wrecked Marvel, Star Wars and Indiana Jones with their woke DEI ideology. Disney hasn’t made a profitable Movie since Avengers Endgame.

Thankfully Deadpool 3 is under contract with Fox (who are also now owned by Disney)

• Options
    Here we go..
  • Options
    KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    Sarah245 said:

I loved She Hulk. It was fun, funny, different. Not every show has to be drop dead serious and have global consequences, or be the typical superhero origin story/hero's tale, which is one of the points the show made. I dug its subversive messaging on both comic tropes and toxic masculinity, which I suspect is what drives most rage about the show.

Secret Invasion stunk, IMO, at least the whole second half of the season.

She hulk is the worst show/movie marvel has produced.
    I don't know about THE worst (but it's 100% up there though).
    We had "blockbusters" like, Inhumans, Iron Fist, Secret Invasion etc. :trollface:
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    edited January 17
    ahmynuts said:

I loved She Hulk.

I will never take a single thing you say from this point forward seriously. I didn't even read the rest of your comment, I'm sick to my stomach. Cant believe i need to see stuff like this online this early in the morning.
    He has to be trolling.
    ahmynuts said:

At least they canceled season 2. Will they put the resources into producing a good show? Of course not. We can hope though.

On a personal note, while not that popular, i thought Hawkeye was the best marvel show. Hailee was great at playing Kate bishop. Not sure why they didn't make a second season instead of immediately doing a spinoff of a fringe character that really isn't that interesting. I guess being female without any other boxes checked isn't diverse enough in today's society.
  • Options
    edited January 17

ahmynuts said:

I loved She Hulk.

He has to be trolling.
    ahmynuts said:

At least they canceled season 2. Will they put the resources into producing a good show? Of course not. We can hope though.

On a personal note, while not that popular, i thought Hawkeye was the best marvel show. Hailee was great at playing Kate bishop. Not sure why they didn't make a second season instead of immediately doing a spinoff of a fringe character that really isn't that interesting. I guess being female without any other boxes checked isn't diverse enough in today's society.

If we arent counting the netflix shows then id say hawkeye is definitely up there with Loki season 2. If we are counting Netflix then Daredevil sweeps everything by a large amount (yes even including the second half of season 2)
  • Options
    Oh my, i don't want to make this post into heated arguments, guys leave it, everybody had their own preference, if they love she hulk, don't hate them. Just like me, i like the marvels because of the fighting scene although it seems everybody didn't like the movies, it not perfect but it had certain charms that i like
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

On a scale of 1-10 how good is Kingpin compared to how he is in Daredevil (the best thing marvel has ever produced).
    This will determine if i bother to watch it.

For shehulk i only watch a compilation of all Mats scenes on youtube and that was it lmao

I have to agree here with Daredevil. I’ve re-watched season 2 countless times with the introduction of Punisher. Pitch perfect casting