**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Vote Ruby Thursday: the case for your vote.

13»

Comments

• Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Until Carnage gets released like he should have been, Shriek can't be put into the contest. Ruby seems neat, but the idea of her head creating appendages seems a lot like...well qCarnage. I understand we'll never get the the version of the King in Black Carnage, but I digress.

People aren't voting for Blob because of his name. They are voting because he's a mutant. We need more mutants. I think it would be interesting if they had an obscure, villainous female mutant. But with this champ not coming out until Septemberish, we may see a few mutants by then.

Viper is going to be skill. We have some solid female skill champs. I think this vote may be closer than experts think.
    Haha no, the only reason blob will win is because people recognise his name , that guy wouldn't have stood a chance in the previous votings but because now he's one of the only 2 characters that most people know about in this bunch he's going to win
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
    edited January 9

If one of Ruby’s specials is named “floating punching shooty head”…she might have my vote.

I’m fairly certain if Blob somehow doesn’t win we’ll still see him eventually. I’m less sure on the rest.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    She has a lot of potential with her animations and kit. Tech class probably?
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

Ok, Viper it is!

A fellow man of culture
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,857 ★★★★
    edited January 9
    DNA3000 said:

Then we have the choice most people probably think is the runaway favorite, Bub, I mean Blob. The Blob is a familiar champ, and a popular champ. But he's also basically a mutant cross between Kingpin and Juggernaut. How much space do you think exists between Kingpin and Juggernaut? You couldn't fit a quarter between those two. The Blob might win on name recognition alone, but that's no reason to vote for a champ. If he's going to win anyway, you should make your vote count and send a signal for who you really want in there. Voting for the obvious winner is just as meaningless as voting for the loser, except your vote doesn't even say anything else.

Blob is ultimate XL champ, he won't fit between juggs and kingpin both figuratively and literally.

If we don't vote for obvious winner, the non obvious loser would win. So voting for obvious winner is meaningful. If one wins, our vote counts, but if they lose it mattered to qualify them for that phase. Each strand matters to make the DNA, it will give life to speciman in some way or form even if obvious. You should know stats being a biologist.

Anyways, don't lose your head for Ruby (Get it?), #VoteForBlob. FatBoy >>> RubberBall

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,671 ★★★★★
    The real question that we need to ask ourselves is if Ruby wins how likely is it that we will actually get animations anywhere close to as crazy as her head coming off and doing stuff mid combo. I don't think that's likely. In specials maybe. Taking that into consideration it significantly dials down any hype for me (barring the name joke). If it's only for cool specials then any champion can fit that bill. The cool punchy shooty head would have to be a part of her main kit IMO and I'm not sure if that can happen
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 328 ★★★

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

The real question that we need to ask ourselves is if Ruby wins how likely is it that we will actually get animations anywhere close to as crazy as her head coming off and doing stuff mid combo. I don't think that's likely. In specials maybe. Taking that into consideration it significantly dials down any hype for me (barring the name joke). If it's only for cool specials then any champion can fit that bill. The cool punchy shooty head would have to be a part of her main kit IMO and I'm not sure if that can happen

But I thought design team don't miss.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

I've been to ruby Tuesday a couple of times and it's not bad but it's not great either. So prolly just gonna stick with blob cuz bellybump off with Kingpin = very funny

Love their salad bar, ngl.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

But I thought design team don't miss.
    I'm thinking it would be a combination of design and technical
  • Options
    YouDontNeedToKnowYouDontNeedToKnow Posts: 114
    from an MCOC email i received today…

• Options
    Not fair that BLOB is listed 1st (and so on 1st page) on the Selection box.

If some ppl are just clicking to get past this, and don’t care, they would be most likely to just choose Blob (or little less likely the other 2 on first scroll screen). And not likely at all to scroll to others and choose Ruby “Tuesday” or Viper.

——
    Also, HOW MANY make it past 1st round ? (Forget what it was last time).
    Is it just top vote getter in game, plus Wild Card from Twitter-X. If so, why does game mail say “Winners” (plural).

Or is it Top-3 in game plus 1 from Twitter ?

Just 2 rounds, or does it go 8 -> 4 -> 2 ??

• Options

Not fair that BLOB is listed 1st (and so on 1st page) on the Selection box.

If some ppl are just clicking to get past this, and don’t care, they would be most likely to just choose Blob (or little less likely the other 2 on first scroll screen). And not likely at all to scroll to others and choose Ruby “Tuesday” or Viper.

——
    Also, HOW MANY make it past 1st round ? (Forget what it was last time).
    Is it just top vote getter in game, plus Wild Card from Twitter-X. If so, why does game mail say “Winners” (plural).

Or is it Top-3 in game plus 1 from Twitter ?

Just 2 rounds, or does it go 8 -> 4 -> 2 ??

It's all been rigged in Blobs favor from the very conception of this poll tbh. They're trying to take the goth mommy away from us
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,649 ★★★★★
    Blob is the only vote.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    I'm voting demon entity type angry chick. She looks mystic.