**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

How do we express our feelings on raids?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,583 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

Today I heard from my in-game friend that his alliance is going to disband because of RAID, it's too expensive, too stressful, and unfair because of RNG, so some key players decided to quit and there is no way for the alliance to keep at the same level without those players.

If we go through all the recent changes in the game, we can easily realize all of them lead to the same direction "expensive":

• No more revive farming: I think this is a reasonable change and it will definitely make devs easier when they design end-game content. The only problem is timing, because it makes the game more expensive and the next two things unfortunately go on the same direction.
    • AW tactics: Kabam decided to increase the difficulty of war tactics to make devs happy, but potion changes are lagging behind for ages. My alliance decided to push in the last season and we made "master" at the end, but it is very expensive. I spent more than 2K units on potions and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, I'm fine because I'm a whale, but some players in my alliance started to complain, so we decided to give up the next season and only use 1-loyalty revives.
    • RAID: the last straw, we all knew what has happened, super difficult and expensive (I spent 1.6K units), horrible RNG. Many players used up all their stashed AQ potions and units, they are simply not able to do it again if things keep unchanged.
    Again, I am a semi-supporter of removing revive farming, but if you check the timing, all these changes happened in one month, all these changes make the game way more expensive. So I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I'm just telling the fact: after all these changes happen at the same time, some people just step away from the game.
    Yeah, laying out a bunch of stuff back to back to back really does hammer home the rapid fire nature of these things. Dont forget the banquet event, the first "potion update" etc. etc.
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 39
    Diversity of players is important for ecosystem, no FTP players no whales, you guys can't just design new contents for whales.
  • Options
    cbmxcbmx Posts: 8
    I would like to see a lock on the fork in the road that leads to the boost node so that people can't go down any path other than the role that matches their character. Also, I would like to be able to confirm the contents of the boost node in advance during the spectator phase.

There were alliance members who went to unmatched nodes without understanding how it works and were at a loss, and many members who chose a character without knowing what the boosts were and regretted it.

There are more people playing the game without checking the forum than the developers expected. Even if the game mode is for top class alliances, it would be nice if they paid attention to not tripping anyone up outside of combat.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★
    My take: raids have a massive dead-weight issue. Damage scaling with charges is too harsh. One bad player giving no tactician charges blocks a whole path which blocks a whole BG. AW focused alliances can solve this by kicking the bad players but often the low performers in raids aren't the low performers in aw and aq and raids honestly aren't frequent enough to kick people over. I think it'd be more fun with 15 people instead of 10 even though I know that will never happen. Or at least we could tune down the other role charge damage scaling a bit so that 2 people can at least do the damage to bring the boss down even if the 3rd guy is dead weight
  • Options
    Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    Bugs aside I think reading through the thread it’s not going to take much tweaking to make this a decent game mode that people feel they have a chance of achieving with minimal spending. Seems to be 3 simple things in the main, increase the timer, reduce the pierce damage and tone down the degen on Maestro sp1. Surely this is all something that can be easily done before the next raid.

I know some would like a higher damage cap but for me personally the bigger problem was achieving 10% in the time limit allowed and I think possibly same for most players, by the time you ramp up your damage the fights 2/3 over, if they increase the timer you still need to be able to play skill fully enough to last to the end. I also agree it would be nicer getting quicker access to the revives at the front end rather than the drip feed of 2 a day and the timer for storing them in stash could be increased to 7 days because it still wouldn’t roll into the next raid so I can’t see the negative to Kabam for that change.

Just one other question from me which I didn’t notice in the thread but apologies if someone already mentioned it, why allow only 45 champs out of the 261 available in game? Hopefully the plan is to expand the number of champs in each role going forward.

But yeah think everyone would agree if there can be a few tweaks before the next one it would be great even if in the long term there would be more to come. Kabam Mike already touched on this with his mini roadmap comments so fingers crossed they can make some adjustments quite quickly.
  • Options
    Corby11 said:

Bugs aside I think reading through the thread it’s not going to take much tweaking to make this a decent game mode that people feel they have a chance of achieving with minimal spending. Seems to be 3 simple things in the main, increase the timer, reduce the pierce damage and tone down the degen on Maestro sp1. Surely this is all something that can be easily done before the next raid.

I know some would like a higher damage cap but for me personally the bigger problem was achieving 10% in the time limit allowed and I think possibly same for most players, by the time you ramp up your damage the fights 2/3 over, if they increase the timer you still need to be able to play skill fully enough to last to the end. I also agree it would be nicer getting quicker access to the revives at the front end rather than the drip feed of 2 a day and the timer for storing them in stash could be increased to 7 days because it still wouldn’t roll into the next raid so I can’t see the negative to Kabam for that change.

Just one other question from me which I didn’t notice in the thread but apologies if someone already mentioned it, why allow only 45 champs out of the 261 available in game? Hopefully the plan is to expand the number of champs in each role going forward.

But yeah think everyone would agree if there can be a few tweaks before the next one it would be great even if in the long term there would be more to come. Kabam Mike already touched on this with his mini roadmap comments so fingers crossed they can make some adjustments quite quickly.

Add remove the reward rng to your list of the simple things that must be done. It cannot stay the way it is now. Alliances are already crumbling and many players are angry and frustrated. It needs to go
  • Options
    Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    Agreed the RNG is pretty bad because the gap between the best and worse prize is so huge, think someone suggested having progressive levels of rewards in each chest so that everyone got a reward with a reasonable level of value instead of most feeling pretty shafted while a small % of people “won the lottery”

Personally I think it would be better if each chest had choice of a fixed prize of reasonable value or the crystal (that could yield something better but also something worse than the fixed reward) and you could then choose to gamble or not. All depends on progression level as to if a fixed prize is more appealing than a gamble. For instance I would rather have a paragon crystal than a 5* crystal cos while the paragon will probably award me a 4* there’s a slim chance of a 7* and really the guaranteed 5* doesn’t hold that much value to me.

But yes 100% agree the current random crystal is just awful
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Raids were horrible and I know for a fact many CCP members told you that but you didn't listen/care. Needs to be five revives a day. All pierce needs to be removed. And Ultron as boss needs to removed or not have the Regen scale. Healing 39 million TWICE is out of control. You have told us time and time again that you do not want us to pause or force quit but yet you make that the only way to have him not heal. As the community has said millions of times for almost everything released, was this even tested? With unlimited revives, I could have told you all this in an hour of testing. This is honestly what frustrates the community the most! Just be honest with us and tell us that we are your real beta testers, give us unlimited revives, and we'll give you feedback. There needs to be massive changes in raids or tons of people will quit or go to lower allies, me included.

The pierce/fury removal would be enough to mitigate the need for a crazy amount of revives. Its manageable vs maestro and kang but against thanos is really the only concern.
  • Options

Gregdagr8 said:

Raids were horrible and I know for a fact many CCP members told you that but you didn't listen/care. Needs to be five revives a day. All pierce needs to be removed. And Ultron as boss needs to removed or not have the Regen scale. Healing 39 million TWICE is out of control. You have told us time and time again that you do not want us to pause or force quit but yet you make that the only way to have him not heal. As the community has said millions of times for almost everything released, was this even tested? With unlimited revives, I could have told you all this in an hour of testing. This is honestly what frustrates the community the most! Just be honest with us and tell us that we are your real beta testers, give us unlimited revives, and we'll give you feedback. There needs to be massive changes in raids or tons of people will quit or go to lower allies, me included.

The pierce/fury removal would be enough to mitigate the need for a crazy amount of revives. Its manageable vs maestro and kang but against thanos is really the only concern.
    If Maestro's ai plays ball then i agree with you there. Unfortunately it often did not lol
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,430 ★★★★★
    Did someone put in a 15M point total alone?? Well I guess the record is to be mine, 27M
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★

Did someone put in a 15M point total alone?? Well I guess the record is to be mine, 27M

One of my alli mates put in 43 million
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 490 ★★★★

60million is not very rare
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★

I did 62 million and I played pretty casually. Most is probably around 100 million.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,522 ★★★★★
    edited January 25

Here's mine along with my group mates. No other group made it to Ultron so this was without fighting him.