Options

Ai still holding specials ?

CharliejiggensCharliejiggens Posts: 594 ★★★
edited January 30 in General Discussion
Kabam why is ai still holding specials for days i thought this was surpose to be sorted/fixed by now :|. anyone else feel the same its becoming really really annoying trying to get defender ai to throw a special. its really bad on incursions, aw, aq at the moment
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,584 ★★★★
    It’s happening to me as well
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Still happening here as well
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 123
    In AW just now shuri did not throw specials until SP three on Hercules. Thank you AI. Why do I bother.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,227 ★★★★
    The ai is having constipation so it's forced to hold its specials
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 498 ★★★
    Skill issue! Ai needs a buff!
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 814 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I've been using white tiger and want the AI to hold specials and they decide to go all Rambo with the special button.

Wow 100% this. They launch an SP1 after SP1s when I want to dash and SP1 when they unblockable.

She’s so fun to play though right?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 875 ★★★★★
    edited January 29
    Pikolu said:

I've been using white tiger and want the AI to hold specials and they decide to go all Rambo with the special button.

Titania after an SP3 has the most powerful taunt in the game - i just accept they are going to throw the special no matter how many intimidates are on the defender.

Which really is the problem overall - it’s not just that the AI is holding specials… it’s doing everything opposite of how you fought the match. The RNG is permanently drawing “you are screwed” on their actions
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Titania after an SP3 has the most powerful taunt in the game - i just accept they are going to throw the special no matter how many intimidates are on the defender.

Which really is the problem overall - it’s not just that the AI is holding specials… it’s doing everything opposite of how you fought the match. The RNG is permanently drawing “you are screwed” on their actions
    This happened to Trappy on stream: “Need to bait a special so I’m going to throw my SP3.” Lo and behold…
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 700 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

I feel like intimidate is still bugged, yesterday the defender had 2 intimidates on him and he throw an sp1 right away while i was charging heavy attack, this is so stupid bro
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,215 ★★★★★
    Based on EVERYTHING else, I will question your ability to bait SPs
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 123
    Pikolu said:

Well.we can all agree that ai still holding specials for days and it does not look like it will change. kabam please stop ssying the ai is gonna change if it clearly is not going to just look at the data u get and u will clearly be able to see nothing has

Updates happen on a monthly basis, not daily basis. Kabam has been clear that changing the AI is going to take a long time to do.
    AI fix will be never. Ever. Mark this post, never.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Well.we can all agree that ai still holding specials for days and it does not look like it will change. kabam please stop ssying the ai is gonna change if it clearly is not going to just look at the data u get and u will clearly be able to see nothing has

Updates happen on a monthly basis, not daily basis. Kabam has been clear that changing the AI is going to take a long time to do.
    Yeah I was going confused by this post. Was their an announcement that Kabam had made an update?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

@DNA3000 isn’t having any substantial problems so it’s user error.

Must admit, I suffer from said user error but I’m a scrub.

Honestly, the only people you could possibly make that charge stick for are people who are completely ignorant of literally anything I've said about this issue, or probably any issue.

Must be nice, living in a fact-free mental cathedral. Or rather, must be nice being able to enjoy living in a fact-free mental cathedral, because I certainly couldn't do it.
    Do you want me to link your post? Or are you going to have it deleted like other people when I do that?
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    The only champ that works for me to force Specials is Spiderham, as soon as you lock the stings, they throw everything they have all the time
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,596 ★★★★★
    I had this issue in another quest (I forgot which one) and Paragauntlet with Mr Negative and the unblockable buff node. AI held it's Special 1 like it was holding in a fart while in front of a hot chic.....no matter how much I baited it. As soon as he got unblockable buff, he threw his Sp 1. I somehow got clipped by his Guandao (blade) while standing miles away, and clapped by the rest of his special. 🙃

Can't make this 💩 up.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 188 ★★
    Pikolu said:

I think this is the more important point. In my experience, the issue goes beyond simply holding specials. It feels (to me) like the opponents are much “smarter” about doing whatever it is you don’t want them to do. There have always been champs who behaved differently (think NF throwing an sp1 into your block from across the screen), but it now feels more extreme. Any matchup or node that demands you fight in a certain way… just feels like it’s harder than it used to be. Using Spot as an attacker? Get ready for the opponent to throw endless heavies when you want to block basics. Trying to hit into the opponent’s block or throw an sp2 into block with Masacre? Good luck. That opponent charges me like there’s no tomorrow.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 216 ★★
    I'll add an anecdote to this, with the disclaimer that it's completely anecdotal and might just be my own perception.

I just completed the deathless guillotine challenge against Cerastes. I had already cleared 8.3, meaning this was my 4th time fighting him, and i was familiar with the fight.

In my earlier attempts, I used mcocNoob's strategy of knocking down the armors in sequence: striker into heavy, then bait sp1, and rush in right after to hit the auto block. Worked great when I did it right. Still plenty hard, but fun.

In this latest attempt, when i would dash in after his SP1, about 30% of the time, he would light intercept me instead of blocking the dash. He would then combo me down for most of my health, so when this light intercept occurred more than once, i would die before ever breaking all 3 armors, basically wasting a life.

Very frustrating.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,399 ★★★★
    My major issue is I can spend literal minutes with an opponent at 2 bars, but a fight where I need the AI to hold they don't. It's as if they know. Where is my tinfoil hat ?
This discussion has been closed.