Options

Which Champions are at a class disadvantage, but really have an advantage?

This got me to thinking because Future Antman was driving me crazy to find a counter for him. Did some research, and ArchAngel is an amazing counter for him. So would like to start a list of sorts of some other Champions that are at a class disadvantage, but are a top-tier counter for their counterpart:

ArchAngel - Future Antman

I have some others (I think) but am curious as to what the community comes up with…

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Mags nd onslaught against techs.
    Void and mister negative against kingpin
    Kingpin against apocalypse
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,193 ★★★★★
    edited February 1
    I agree with most calls in here

Void vs Kingpin
    Titania vs plenty Skills champs due to haybreaker
    Rags vs most tech (metal) except Nimmy, OS and maybe Shuri
    Torch vs BWDO
    Bishop vs Nimrod, Shuri, N ebula
    Thing vs BWDO

I'm sure there are others I forget.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,152 ★★★★★
    edited February 1
    Diablo vs Thing.. literally a top counter for him especially in AW with any kind of healing nodes
    He's perfect for these fights the Poison both cuts him down quickly and mitigates the healing.. embarrasses him
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,573 ★★★★
    edited February 1
    Havok vs Shuri
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,834 ★★★★★
    I've once took down Nimrod with Kitty in war, only once tho.
  • Options
    knupdiputsknupdiputs Posts: 34
    I love Wasp vs Kingpin.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,152 ★★★★★
    Thinking about making a compilation of takedowns lol.. he's that good against him
    https://youtu.be/s7NX7_t_CoI?si=V8-Dk5VFsNOjeZov
  • Options
    Coach_G1Coach_G1 Posts: 28
    Thokk150 said:

Actually a decently high sig fantman can fully counter archangel, as he will be constantly regenerating his health and making sure the bleeds don't stick around enough for you to apply poisons, but I guess that with sp1 or sp2 and a bit of rng you could get some neuros up (also with the sp3).
    My pitch would be titania, that totally counters nick's second life with despair and a well timed sp3, she counters kingpin, as he gives her a ton of furies by purifiying her debuffs, and while korg and attuma are not ideal fights she can definetly do them far more comfortably than most other champs with class advantage.

Ahh good point, maybe it was the few Antmans I faced in BGs (usually an insta-ban for me) and the event quests where his sig wasnt as high? Thank you for pointing that out.

Some really great responses here cant wait to try these out!
  • Options
    jshanso2jshanso2 Posts: 36
    Honestly Namor can do a lot even to bleed immune and Robots. I know he doesn't get extra outrage against robots, but they still stack at a consistent pace. Last BG season he killed it no matter who it was. Once he got to Imperius Rex and he throws L2 and L1 back to back it was a ton of damage. Plus I know not a class disadvantage, but I still use him against Korg 90% of the time because he does rack up outrage fast.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,484 ★★★
    Juggernaut x anyone
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 224 ★★★
    Kitty has been surprisingly good against fantman in this BG meta
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 352 ★★★
    HT x Moondragon
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 120
    Pikolu said:

Wozzle007 said:

By the disagree, someone thinks that Mutant Magneto doesn’t have an advantage against Tech #Metal champions? I’d like to understand the rationale for this.

There's just people who go through posts and click disagree on anything. They don't actually read what they're disagreeing with.

I disagree. What were you talking about?
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★
    Kingpin against most mutants TBH, particularly ones that rely on debuffs but don't have a mechanic that punishes their debuffs being shrugged/purified.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 589 ★★★
    Nimrod against Hyperion. He can power control him somewhat when he launches specials. And can mitigate and tank his sp3 damage with cowardice if need be.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,497 ★★★★★
    Punisher-2099 does great against Cosmics who don't have a decent Power Gain. And even if they do, at high Sig he can hold them off an SP3 pretty reliably. If you need a Tech option for handling cosmic opponents like Galan, Gladiator, Knull or Terrax, he's brilliant.
  • Options
    Thokk150Thokk150 Posts: 69

Juggernaut x anyone

Juggernaut x anyone

anyone thats not void
    Another example would be nimrod, or photon, or hercules etc etc, juggs is insane but he doesn't work in a lot of matchups
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,596 ★★★
    Proxima gets countered by most techs and wiccan v thing is just fun
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,596 ★★★
    Thokk150 said:

Juggernaut x anyone

Juggernaut x anyone

anyone thats not void
    Another example would be nimrod, or photon, or hercules etc etc, juggs is insane but he doesn't work in a lot of matchups
    I learnt that the hard way when I tried to use him against knull
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,497 ★★★★★

Proxima gets countered by most techs and wiccan v thing is just fun

They really need to rework her, so she doesn't use Prowess...
  • Options
    Coach_G1Coach_G1 Posts: 28
    Ghost just destroyed Hyperion in BGs…