**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

This post is about bullseye

SamanunSamanun Posts: 668 ★★★
Bullseye is impossible to fight. bullseye is so incredibly dumb for lack of a better word that even with counter you’ll still take some amount of damage (often a very considerable amount) no matter how skilled you are which is a problem. As a player i should always feel as if any mistake that happens is my fault nothing should ever feel unavoidable, which is quite literally the main theme of bullseyes kit i obviously get wanting/needing to add hard defenders but there’s a way to do that without making them utterly impossible and just downright un-fun.

If you use Dexterity you bleed, if you block you bleed and get crit through block, his special 1 cannot be avoided and if you block it you bleed and get crit through block, if he gets killer instinct you cannot hit him, you need him to throw a special to get rid of killer instinct and you aren’t able to hit him very much before he gets killer instinct, if you stun him and try to hit him while he has killer instinct he’ll purify it and full combo you, he cannot miss, and slow or any type of ability accuracy reduction doesn’t work on killer instinct, you need a champion that shuts off evade entirely even if you brought someone like iceman id imagine it’d be pretty impossible to avoid chip damage either from the special 1 or from just blocking hit’s trying to push him up to a special 2, or someone like Gorr who can heal back most if not all the damage but i don’t feel like the only way to fight a champion should be getting smacked around or using unconventional methods and i would rather play the game the way it’s meant to be played and i would imagine that’s the intent of any game dev as well.

On a slightly separate note, another issue is i don't want to feel forced to ban a champion, i’ve had to fight so many people lately with bullseye onslaught and maestro and i am forced to ban those 3 because they will ban the only counters i have for them meaning i cant ban any of their rank 3’s or nukes like i would do usually, there isn’t actually any strategy to bans anymore and it feels like someones telling me what to do, and i really don't like being told what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,880 ★★★★★
    Hell what a rant
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

This kinda thing has been a problem for a while. Kabam releases new & annoying defender. Many people die & complain about it. Then they release counters a few months later.

Look at bishop, he was a real pain after the buff. But now we have a couple good options.

I think the biggest issue with bullseye is that the best counter to him right now is a 7 year old champ.

Kitty?
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    Bullseye is impossible to fight.
    That must be why nobody has managed to beat any of the EQs yet. Guess we'll all miss out on Deathless King Groot.

even with counter you’ll still take some amount of damage (often a very considerable amount) no matter how skilled you are which is a problem.
    I don't think this is technically true. There are also ways of regaining health in the game that make it so you can end with a full yellow bar even after taking damage, so just taking damage does not imply a problem.

As a player i should always feel as if any mistake that happens is my fault nothing should ever feel unavoidable, which is quite literally the main theme of bullseyes kit
    Not true. Maybe an understandable opinion, but ROL seemed impossible at one point. Your definition of "unavoidable" changes as you get better at the game.

If you use Dexterity you bleed, if you block you bleed and get crit through block, his special 1 cannot be avoided and if you block it you bleed and get crit through block, if he gets killer instinct you cannot hit him, you need him to throw a special to get rid of killer instinct and you aren’t able to hit him very much before he gets killer instinct, if you stun him and try to hit him while he has killer instinct he’ll purify it and full combo you, he cannot miss, and slow or any type of ability accuracy reduction doesn’t work on killer instinct, you need a champion that shuts off evade entirely even if you brought someone like iceman id imagine it’d be pretty impossible to avoid chip damage either from the special 1 or from just blocking hit’s trying to push him up to a special 2, or someone like Gorr who can heal back most if not all the damage but i don’t feel like the only way to fight a champion should be getting smacked around or using unconventional methods and i would rather play the game the way it’s meant to be played and i would imagine that’s the intent of any game dev as well.
    Feels like you could have taken a breath there somewhere.

On a slightly separate note, another issue is i don't want to feel forced to ban a champion, i’ve had to fight so many people lately with bullseye onslaught and maestro and i am forced to ban those 3 because they will ban the only counters i have for them meaning i cant ban any of their rank 3’s or nukes like i would do usually, there isn’t actually any strategy to bans anymore and it feels like someones telling me what to do, and i really don't like being told what to do.
    I mean, it seems like your strategy is "ban champs that I hate fighting", which is kinda what the ban is for. Not everyone needs to ban them, and some people can bring in multiple counters. the opponent is also not guaranteed to have a chance to pick them if you don't ban them. Part of the strategy of BGs is to draft problem fights for them so they are forced to choose between champs that are solid defenders and answers to the problems you set for them.

I appreciate a good hyperbole, but there are legit answers to most problems in-game. Maybe send us your roster and we can give you advice on how to strategize against those three defenders. Could be a more productive use of your time, though venting is certainly better than yeeting your phone into a wall, so there's that.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    I personally used Bishop for EQs and Hitmonkey for the Paragon one, wasnt that much of a challenge to be honest, its true that you will lose health, at least with Hitmonkey.

Bishop is a nice counter, as soon as he gets out of the stun he gets passively stunned, and Bishops purifies the bleeds, a decent counter at least
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,101 ★★★★★
    I've used Kitty in EQ, never died
    I've used Domino in Gauntlet Bullseye, died once but it's doable honestly.

You have to just play patience. Spam sp1 and just let AI do dash in dash back 3 times before it'll throw it's sp1 🤗
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,101 ★★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

This kinda thing has been a problem for a while. Kabam releases new & annoying defender. Many people die & complain about it. Then they release counters a few months later.

Look at bishop, he was a real pain after the buff. But now we have a couple good options.

I think the biggest issue with bullseye is that the best counter to him right now is a 7 year old champ.

Kitty came before or after Bishop? Idk really.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    I found Elsa particularly useful for Bullseye. Coldsnap works fine to stop evades and helps pushing to sp2, plus any bleeds add degen damage. Just like any number of champs, he needs effective counters, and running face first into a noded Bullseye boss without counters or a plan will lead to unhappiness.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,359 ★★★★
    Honestly just remove the bleed on dexterity and force us to get good with dexing his sp1 so he’s more skill based.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 239 ★★
    I don't think Elsa gets to degen Bullseye on bleed because all of his bleeds are instant. Just tested it and didn't see any degen.
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 465 ★★★
    edited February 6
    So I really don’t like fighting Bullseye. He’s not a fun champ to fight against in any sense. I did, however, stumble onto a seemingly decent counter in AA. I didn’t really have a great counter to Bullseye so I just decided to give AA a spin and it turned out alright. To be clear, you don’t want to parry heavy while his killer instinct is up, I found that out the hard way, but his health pool seems pretty small. To be clear this is a R4 unascended AA against a R5 ascended Bullseye.

• Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 273 ★★
    Josh2507 said:

Hit monkey isn't 7 years old
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 273 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

Josh2507 said:

I agree in part and disagree in part with this. It’s definitely true that Kabam releases a defender and then releases counters to that defender, but I think Peni Parker is a better example than Bishop. It was about ten months until Hulkling came out and basically rendered her obsolete as a defender, and Galan came shortly after that.

But the thing with her (and Bishop and now Bullseye) is that there were counters already in the game if you knew where to look. A favorite of mine for both Peni and Bishop was Silver Surfer, but there were plenty of options. So let’s talk about Bullseye’s options.

First, the hardest counter currently widely available: Iceman. Coldsnap prevents the evade, it’s easy to spam Iceman’s sp1 to maintain it, has good damage output, and he’s bleed immune. You say seven-year old champ like it’s a bad thing, that just means he’s easily accessible to most developed rosters which is great. I had my 6* at r5 sig 200 long before Bullseye hit the game, and he’s aged like fine wine in so much content (especially since his buff).

Other counters include: Bishop, both Storms, and Onslaught because they inflict passive stuns when the debuff is shrugged, champs like Gorr and Lady Deathstrike who heal from the bleeds, and any bleed immune hero or #metal champ coupled with White Mags Guidance prefight. I know this isn’t helpful in Battlegrounds (unless you are just straight up using White Mags, which honestly may not be the *worst* idea?), but in questing and war, that Guidance prefight makes the fight sooooo easy. Especially if you’re using a champ that already wants to just parry/heavy (AA isn’t even bleed immune, but I bet if you threw Guidance on the fight, he’d carve right through Bullseye).

My point is that solutions do exist in the game. I’m sure come like August or September we’re gonna get some perfect mutant hard counter for Bullseye, but in the meantime, let’s work with what we’ve got.
    Hit monkey is probably the best counter
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,430 ★★★★★

Josh2507 said:

Kitty?
    No it's guardian fosho
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 332 ★★
    Use immortal abom. Parry first hit of L1 and block the rest till the last hit then parry it. Takes not much block damage and is a decent counter for bullseye outside of BGs.
    In BGs don’t try this matchup unless ur opponent has a deathmatch .
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,990 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I've used Kitty in EQ, never died
    I've used Domino in Gauntlet Bullseye, died once but it's doable honestly.

You have to just play patience. Spam sp1 and just let AI do dash in dash back 3 times before it'll throw it's sp1 🤗

Good luck with that in BGs 😉
  • Options
    cur53dcur53d Posts: 292 ★★
    What is this post about?
  • Options
    Marcus_TBDMarcus_TBD Posts: 31
    I felt the way you felt but after trying multiple ways the best bullseye counter speaking from battlegrounds i dont know for war. Bishop works really well cause when his green mode activates and he tries to evade he is passively stun. Nick fury works well also due to second life cheese do full hit combos till he evade and throws special once nick gets his charges you can freely hit him. AA works perfectly fine youll just take block damage and he gives himself poisions from special 1.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,031 ★★★★★
    cur53d said:

What is this post about?

Bullseye, apparently
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,495 ★★★★★
    Gorr is the only champ in game who can kill bullseye at 100% health.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,864 ★★★★
    edited February 12
    Weapon X is a great Bullseye counter. He regens from the bleeds and he goes unstoppable whenever Evaded.

Actually any regeneration champion can take Bullseye, they just regen from the damage
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,378 ★★★★
    edited February 12
    Corvus is also another good option
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,163 ★★★★★
    He needs a buff on offense. The 7 star rank 2 deals 1600 damage on mediums. It’s truly unacceptable how bad he is offensively.
  • Options
    Lutheran86Lutheran86 Posts: 25
    Unlockable, undexable, rooted war is far more stupid. It's not a game anymore.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,545 ★★★★★

Corvus is also another good option

How so?

He can't counter the evasion, and takes the same block/bleed damage as everyone else. Corvus has the ability to not take damage from bleed debuffs - instant bleeds work against him just fine.

Proxima, on the other hand, does very nicely against Bullseye.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    The big takeaway here is that nearly everyone has recommended a different champ, so there are definitely a decent amount of counters. Some of them are unconventional, sure, but it’s not like it’s only a few champs in the pool.