Who are you using for Robots?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
It pains me to see that Kabam's verbiage in their post about the future fights being easier was preceded by the word "some". Therefore I feel like that implies some of the fights could still be overtuned, and that it would help to get as many points as possible now. I can't imagine what the finale will be like if the first fight is this insane.

Obviously some people have been blessed by a 7* warlock so it would've been significantly easier for them but for those with a 7* G99 or 6* Warlock or 6* Viv Vision, who did you use? What was your strategy?

Comments

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,782 ★★★★
    Did it with Viv after watching this.
    https://youtu.be/FRSx8j32cuA?si=1BZAd7_IYpWw2jOl
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    Polygon said:

It pains me to see that Kabam's verbiage in their post about the future fights being easier was preceded by the word "some". Therefore I feel like that implies some of the fights could still be overtuned, and that it would help to get as many points as possible now. I can't imagine what the finale will be like if the first fight is this insane.

Obviously some people have been blessed by a 7* warlock so it would've been significantly easier for them but for those with a 7* G99 or 6* Warlock or 6* Viv Vision, who did you use? What was your strategy?

Literally posted about using Viv a day ago or so.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/359827/no-one-talking-about-viv-vision-for-winter-of-woe#latest

There is also a link in there showing a non-Beroman fight so you can get a more realistic feel of what is humanly possible.

There are also some good follow up suggestions from other post contributors e.g.:
    - max recoil tree
    - use SP3 for the fury (you aren't really getting much damage from SP2 and then SP1 rotation). SP1 is randomly useful to remove brute force when it's unblockable
    - pair with Vision relic also a good idea
  • BAzzyBAzzy Member Posts: 8
    I used Omega Sentinel, 3 revives. Just kept the healblock up, saved sp3 and relic for when I needed to heavy counter a special and he was unstoppable.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    BAzzy said:

I used Omega Sentinel, 3 revives. Just kept the healblock up, saved sp3 and relic for when I needed to heavy counter a special and he was unstoppable.

Which rank? Which relic? How was the fight overall? Are you able to reliably keep the healblock up and how many hits it took for abs to go down? 3 revives is crazily cheap compared to warlock and nimrod players who use 10+ revives. If it's viable, I might as well go with Omega sentinel.
    @BAzzy
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    BAzzy said:

Isn't it an issue with heavy countering that Omega Sentinel moves off of her healblock? So did you have to also focus on what debuff you were placing, cause that seems like it would be too much for me to keep track of how many times I need to heavy.
  • BAzzyBAzzy Member Posts: 8
    Mine is R5 and ascended. It’s fairly easy to keep the healblock up you’ll basically be heavying all fight and when u get the healblock you can add more. It’s an absurdly long fight. Probably took 25 min, the damage is low but she takes way less block damage than others and will autoblock save you if you mess up (because unstoppable and his specials is a nightmare).
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,418 Guardian
    G99 with unitman was quite OP. Only need level 1 revives for her since she will get regen at 15% health
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    Who am I using for robot? No one. I'd glady take the free point from kabam in exchange for skipping it.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 884 ★★★
    edited February 12
    I used Guilly, took some attempts to get the AI to cooperate, mine is Unboosted r2 so boosted r1 or 6* r4 would be able to do it for sure.

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

Who am I using for robot? No one. I'd glady take the free point from kabam in exchange for skipping it.

I thought about doing this, but now I’m thinking of completing it since I have a r1 gully, a future fight will probably be just as hard if not harder.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    Pushed through with warlock, 14 revives (5 silly mistakes, the rest just impatience) I think if the energy cost wasn't so high and I wasn't thinking to just get it done I could have maybe solo'd eventually, or would have done it in 2 or 3.

Horrible fight.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I decided to try 7 r1 gully and it actually wasn’t that bad. Just spam sp1 and don’t ever let abs throw a special by holding block (mlll block, etc).
    Only thing you have to watch out for is crits through block which is rng, and sometimes he threw specials when I was blocking which was super annoying since the regen comes back.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 165
    I know I cannot solo. If I can chip away like 7-10% at a time with some chap, I will do it. Otherwise, this objective is not for me.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★

I decided to try 7 r1 gully and it actually wasn’t that bad. Just spam sp1 and don’t ever let abs throw a special by holding block (mlll block, etc).
    Only thing you have to watch out for is crits through block which is rng, and sometimes he threw specials when I was blocking which was super annoying since the regen comes back.

I tried G99 and the frustrating thing was the inconsistent AI RNG. Depending on who you are using, you want Abs to be super passive or super aggressive. I was attempting to using block and sp1 to deny him specials. But overall the AI was too aggressive at throwing specials into block. Then you switch to another champ like Viv or OS where you want him to be aggressive so you can do your medium enders to get your heal block and he turtles.

Viv was easiest for me in the end, because her phase gives you enough opportunities to apply a heal block regardless of the AI.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,418 Guardian
    Corkscrew said:

I tried G99 and the frustrating thing was the inconsistent AI RNG. Depending on who you are using, you want Abs to be super passive or super aggressive. I was attempting to using block and sp1 to deny him specials. But overall the AI was too aggressive at throwing specials into block. Then you switch to another champ like Viv or OS where you want him to be aggressive so you can do your medium enders to get your heal block and he turtles.

Viv was easiest for me in the end, because her phase gives you enough opportunities to apply a heal block regardless of the AI.
    When using G99, you can't hold block immediately after your special ends, you have to wait a moment after it ends to hold block and the AI is much less likely to throw their special into it.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★

I used 7R1 G2099. Took me 10ish revives (probably could have been half that if I stuck to the strategy).

The only thing I would add is to give yourself enough time for your SP1 animation to finish before the Unstoppable comes on. Getting counterattacked immediately after your SP1 because he went unstoppable is no fun.
    Launching the SP1 with more than 1/3 the timer on the clock is pretty safe. If there is less time than that, you might have to take some more chip damage into your block as you wait out the unstoppable.