**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Actual Carina Challenge Discussion/Help

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
I know there’s a thread of people discussing how unfair it is and all (please don’t merge) but I wanted to make a thread for people to give actual advice for the challenges

Has anyone tried to tackle Fins/KM’s challenge yet? Definitely seems like you’ll want the champs there at a r4 level at least. I’m debating whether or not to do Fins challenge first cause I have Tigra ranked up already. If anyone has genuine tips/speculations as to what strategies to use for the harder challenges, I’d love to hear them

Comments

• Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 221 ★★
    However..not pretty sure rn, but I think I would use zemo and tigra at least r4 and other ones at least r3... 5* starky doesn't really need ascension but I'd prefer ascending him and take less risks (even if the two lagacy challenge are the easy ones)
  • Options
    Cvlr said:

However..not pretty sure rn, but I think I would use zemo and tigra at least r4 and other ones at least r3... 5* starky doesn't really need ascension but I'd prefer ascending him and take less risks (even if the two lagacy challenge are the easy ones)

Yeah the ascension is super nice on starky. I’d do it just because it’s the safer option, especially for 7.4

I saved my Necro 4-5 gem so I’ll have to decide between Tigra and Zemo now. Not sure which one will need it more, so I’ll wait until KM streams to see how he handles it
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 221 ★★
    edited February 15
    Emilia90 said:

Cvlr said:

Yeah the ascension is super nice on starky. I’d do it just because it’s the safer option, especially for 7.4

I saved my Necro 4-5 gem so I’ll have to decide between Tigra and Zemo now. Not sure which one will need it more, so I’ll wait until KM streams to see how he handles it
    Basing on these challenges only, probably zemo would save you more items imo, beside these, I would 100% go for tigra.
    Msd has done the tigra/jabari challenge with r5A tigra, and bero was doing the zemo challenge (didn't saw the rank lol)
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,189 ★★★★★
    I’m gonna snag an r5 romance gem for Tigra for 2000 units since I’ve got them on hand anyway, and I might ascend her. Love her as a champ, just hadn’t gotten around to taking her all the way up yet and I don’t expect a 7* of her anytime soon.

Gonna Rr5 Zemo as well. No ascension for him, his challenge is easier than Tigra’s. R4 would probably be fine, but Zemo’s a useful champ anyway so I don’t mind ranking him.

I think r4 is a comfortable minimum for the other champs in this challenge. Black Widow wants to be sig 200, which is rough, but with how easily accessible 6* sigs are now it’s not awful.

Tl;dr - r5 for Fin’s challenges, r4 is fine for Mike’s. Ascending 5* Starky because why not, it’s 5* dust.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

I am dying on the hill that Fintechs challenges shouldn't exist but my 7 star rank 1 sig 40 Mojo is looking at me like "You know you want to"

Yeah they seem hard. I’m actually going for it today cause I have a r5 Tigra. Just need to take Jabari to r4

Go for the mojo one! A 7* sig 40 actually seems like he would go hard. Some fights will be a pain but it’s nice you have him duped

After watching KarateMike’s stream, his challenge doesn’t seem too bad at all. The planning that went into the avengers one is actually crazy good. Worried about the Zemo one still though
  • Options
    TheholyplungerTheholyplunger Posts: 70
    Any chance we can bring multiple Mojos? It didn't seem clear to me. I know you could bring multiple Zemos for KMs
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Its champ specific challenges... What advice can you possibly need at this point?
  • Options

Any chance we can bring multiple Mojos? It didn't seem clear to me. I know you could bring multiple Zemos for KMs

Yes you can
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,001 Guardian
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

I am dying on the hill that Fintechs challenges shouldn't exist but my 7 star rank 1 sig 40 Mojo is looking at me like "You know you want to"

Yeah they seem hard. I’m actually going for it today cause I have a r5 Tigra. Just need to take Jabari to r4

Go for the mojo one! A 7* sig 40 actually seems like he would go hard. Some fights will be a pain but it’s nice you have him duped

After watching KarateMike’s stream, his challenge doesn’t seem too bad at all. The planning that went into the avengers one is actually crazy good. Worried about the Zemo one still though
    Good luck with that tigra Jabari challenge. I'm waiting to see if 8.4 has r5 gems in it to rank up my tigra before I even think about attempting that challenge 🤣
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,532 ★★★★★
    @Emilia90 and others, I personally don't rank up champs for this content this soon. We have woe and other seasonal challenges which have clearly better rewards (2 of these challenges give a r3 gem and each give a titan crystal and multiple 7*s).

What if in the future you absolutely require someone else for woe at r5?

You can do tigra challenge cuz she is a great champ to rank up anyways, But If I were you I'll hold off on zemo and mojo atleast for next few months
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,239 ★★★★★
    Would it be better to play zemo with full suicides on gauntlet? He removes poison and bleed with cleanse so he gets a perma attack increase. Its just 1 or 2 sp2s and sp1*2 so thats around 20% per fight
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Good luck with that tigra Jabari challenge. I'm waiting to see if 8.4 has r5 gems in it to rank up my tigra before I even think about attempting that challenge 🤣
    Yeah I'm not touching that one until my tigra is r5 lol.

Im about halfway through the mojo challenge rn. I can see the vision and what the thought process was behind this one but it still just is not fun (mainly warlock).

I think making everyone go visit Grief incarnate in this way is a lot closer to the 4 star LoL challenges than the Act 6 path with Squirrel Girl or whatever those ones were. There is somewhere in the middle these could have fell
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Need a great deal of champs to being with.
    Champs at right sig levels and right ranks.
    And they may take more revives than a necro path, be prepared for that.
  • Options
    TheholyplungerTheholyplunger Posts: 70

Yes you can
    Thanks! I'm thinking of ranking my 5* and ascending him to bring along as well
  • Options

Yes you can
    Thanks! I'm thinking of ranking my 5* and ascending him to bring along as well
    Mojo has persistent charges so if you can, finish the fights with your best one
  • Options
    edited February 16
    Just finished the Mojo one. The greatest challenge for this one i overcoming the A.I. I don't recommend anyone try this one until the A.I is fixed. So never.

prepare a bunch of extra items before you hop into this to account for wacky behavior
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Just finished the Mojo one. The greatest challenge for this one i overcoming the A.I. I don't recommend anyone try this one until the A.I is fixed. So never, prepare a bunch of extra items before you hop into this to account for wacky behavior

What'd it cost you?

My 6* Mojo is awakened but only 6r1, but I just pulled the 7* from one of those Be Mine crystals the other day. Will wait to see what the V-Day calendar gives me on the last day. I know Mojo at the least needs to be awakened as a 7*, but I'd much prefer awakening my Black Cat or Domino.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Just finished the Mojo one. The greatest challenge for this one i overcoming the A.I. I don't recommend anyone try this one until the A.I is fixed. So never, prepare a bunch of extra items before you hop into this to account for wacky behavior

What'd it cost you?

My 6* Mojo is awakened but only 6r1, but I just pulled the 7* from one of those Be Mine crystals the other day. Will wait to see what the V-Day calendar gives me on the last day. I know Mojo at the least needs to be awakened as a 7*, but I'd much prefer awakening my Black Cat or Domino.
    Without the AI having a seizure trying to decide if it wanted to be passive or aggressive, which messed a lot with Mojo's prompts, it would have been around 20 for me, I think, because I legit messed up a lot trying to get into the rhythm of Warlock and Terrax. In total i used about 35 revives

This can be done with not a lot of revives, provided the AI cooperates with you, I see what the intent was, and in a perfect world where the AI wasn't always trying to do the opposite of what Mojos prompts requires or what you need to do for the node, it would have actually been fun.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Looking at my champs, it would cost me:

All 4 of those romance sig stone bundles for 1k each and buying out the BGs store of 6* sig stones to get BW, Thor, and Tigra to max sig.
    The gold and catalysts to take BW, Thor, and Tigra to r4
    2k 4-5 gem to r5 Tigra (can't even ascend her yet)
    And then whatever the actual challenges alone cost me in revives/pots.

I think I'd rather just buy those T4A fragments for 9k which will put me 80% of the way towards another r3, and then I'd still have enough units left to utilize during WoW.

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,532 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Just finished the Mojo one. The greatest challenge for this one i overcoming the A.I. I don't recommend anyone try this one until the A.I is fixed. So never.

prepare a bunch of extra items before you hop into this to account for wacky behavior

What rank is your mojo? I have a 6" sig 200 mojo at r4, Will he work?
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    Should I generally use 6 r4 sig 20 mojo? Or unawakened 7 r1 mojo?
  • Options

Would it be better to play zemo with full suicides on gauntlet? He removes poison and bleed with cleanse so he gets a perma attack increase. Its just 1 or 2 sp2s and sp1*2 so thats around 20% per fight

You’re getting so much attack bonus from bringing the full House of Zemo that I don’t think Suicides are necessary/worth the recoil damage cost
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

What rank is your mojo? I have a 6" sig 200 mojo at r4, Will he work?
    I have a 7* r2 sig 40, a 6* r4 sig 180 and i brought along the 5 star which was pretty much useless lol
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,854 ★★★★
    edited February 16
    Get it from one who has done it all
    https://youtu.be/weXe08-rksE?si=1hgvTyQYiSpzzW9y

Key points:
    1. Lagacy's challenge- Kang: Take Tech lane but start with Nighttrasher followed by White Widow (Recommend for easy DKG piece)
    2. Lagacy's challenge - Sup Kang - Take Minister Sinister Lane
    3. FinTech's challenge - Tigra: High tigra skills are a must...

Hold on, just watch the video, i thought to write but i got tired...
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    Anyone know a good spot to find 2* and 4* zemo?
  • Options

Its champ specific challenges... What advice can you possibly need at this point?

There’s still a lot of strategizing that can be done. Who to use for what in the avengers gauntlet because there are a lot of interactions to consider. There are specific things to do with Zemo in the gauntlet to use the least amount of revives in certain matchups (Korg, Domino). What lanes to take sparky in for the cheapest clear of 7.3 and 7.4 etc