Options

Alright kabam you win!

Been playing for 8 - 9 years, I will never say I’m free to play because I’ve spent probably $5k on this game chasing a goal that will never be attained. But it has become apparent that that goal is unattainable. Kabam, thank you for game and the enjoyment of being able to “be” my super hero, but my time is done playing in a fantasy world. And to all those that say “get good” or “good riddance” I wish you the best in your journies, it just a game

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,973 ★★★★★
    👋👋👋
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

See you in a few months. #beentheredonethat

I took a whole 14 months out back in 2018 through 2019 then covid hit and here I am.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,099 ★★★

Pandingo said:

I took a whole 14 months out back in 2018 through 2019 then covid hit and here I am.
    I did something similar. Downloaded the game Jan/Feb 2015 and played religiously through 2016 up to the point the Willpower changes happened (also when Strange was still glorious with his regen) and that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Probably gave it up for a solid year after that until my coworker (who I originally got playing the game) was like "Dude you should come back, they're giving people so muchy free ****!!" He was talking about the 12.0 aftermath. So I picked it back up summer of 2017 and here I am today.....
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,465 ★★★★

Been playing for 8 - 9 years, I will never say I’m free to play because I’ve spent probably $5k on this game chasing a goal that will never be attained. But it has become apparent that that goal is unattainable. Kabam, thank you for game and the enjoyment of being able to “be” my super hero, but my time is done playing in a fantasy world. And to all those that say “get good” or “good riddance” I wish you the best in your journies, it just a game

It is just a game. If you're chasing the goal of some final cutscene or A Winner Is You, you have the wrong game.

My personal goal is to collect a Strong Guy or Silver Samurai/Viper combo of champs, whenever that may happen, and of course to see the servers get turned off, like most every game I've played over the years.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,809 Guardian
    If you're chasing an unobtainable goal, then you're playing the game for the wrong reason. The only way kabam will stop extending the goal you have made in your mind (but never shared) is if the game was being shut down. Until that time, the game has to either continuously move forward, or die. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

Pandingo said:

I did something similar. Downloaded the game Jan/Feb 2015 and played religiously through 2016 up to the point the Willpower changes happened (also when Strange was still glorious with his regen) and that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Probably gave it up for a solid year after that until my coworker (who I originally got playing the game) was like "Dude you should come back, they're giving people so muchy free ****!!" He was talking about the 12.0 aftermath. So I picked it back up summer of 2017 and here I am today.....
    What Willpower change are we talking about? You mean the one where we would only heal per unique debuff, instead of every debuff?

I thought that was WAY after the Blip (the 12.0 issue)?

I guess a lot of us have a similar story… I started the “journey” in 2015 and kept playing until I got the Legends title in 2018. Stopped playing for a couple of months, came back and stopped again mid 2019…. This time for over 3 years!

Came back in 2022 for a couple of months, stopped again and came back September 2023. Here I am.

Whenever I stopped playing, it wasn’t because “Kabam is bad” or “ Game is bad”… Quite the opposite: It had me hooked too much, so I had to cut it off. More or less successfully… :D

My Plan is to play until 8.4 drops. And then hopefully to say my goodbyes! Would be a nice conclusion… A major story content finished and also the Valiant title…

(Who knows, maybe I’ll be back in December for the 10 year anniversary! 😅)
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,755 ★★★★★
    edited February 21
    I dunno man, is there no way of you enjoying the game in another way? I have been f2p and found myself in a similar situation. Then I learnt to enjoy collecting champs and just do monthly stuff while watching a series/movie...

• Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,705 ★★★★
    He'll be back soon. Everyone goes through this phase when playing any game, not just MCOC