Options

What happened to Wiccan's #Psychic Shielding tag?

MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 433 ★★
edited February 26 in General Discussion

Apologies if this has come up before (I hate this forum's cruddy search engine and I really wish Kabam would upgrade the software beyond the early aughts) but I feel like I've missed something here.

I could have sworn Wiccan had #Psychic Shielding (I brought him for Necropolis for that very reason) but now it's not there. That's a major issue now since I don't think any of the #Romance or #It's Complicated champs have #Psychic Shielding, which means the fight against Ultron in the Paragon Gauntlet is going to beyond horrible.

Am I missing something or is my game screwed up?

Comments

• Options
    Ah, that's the source of my confusion. I've been so busy the last few weeks, I didn't think to look at the main body of his kit and instead just looked at his tags. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 26

Also Wiccan's an awful counter to Ultron because he does so much energy damage which Ultron just regenerates

True, but I have no other choice. I think Emma is the only other one you could use against him for the Paragon Gauntlet and I don't have her ranked up at all since I never use her.

It's weird Jessica Jones and Luke Cage don't have the tag #Romance and/or #It's Complicated tags but whatever. I did the Paragon Gauntlet with Wiccan but it still sucked (and not even because of the energy damage issue).
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    Jessica Jones does have the EQ tag
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 574 ★★★
    MoeyTehr said:

Also Wiccan's an awful counter to Ultron because he does so much energy damage which Ultron just regenerates

True, but I have no other choice. I think Emma is the only other one you could use against him for the Paragon Gauntlet and I don't have her ranked up at all since I never use her.

It's weird Jessica Jones and Luke Cage don't have the tag #Romance and/or #It's Complicated tags but whatever. I did the Paragon Gauntlet with Wiccan but it still sucked (and not even because of the energy damage issue).
    if it was for the Ultron fight, any robot would work
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,303 ★★★★★
    Nah man, wiccan is still immune to reverse controls, He can block ultron's delerium node.
    The fight will be awfully long tho
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    It is possible to do the fight, but the Extinction Protocol node makes him get more and more power through the fight, so it will be impossible to solo him with Wiccan
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    If you have Overseer and Hulk, IHulk and Fixit you can bypass the inverted controls. And it doesn't if your Emma isn't ranked, just bring Kitty and she'll be immune as well
  • Options
    Medusa is great for the romance challenge if you have her! She’s not immune to the Delirium, but she’ll pretty much shut down everything else (sans evade) and you won’t need to worry about power gain and dexing specials.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    Medusa and Gamora are great for both Sandman and Ultron
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 52
    If you picked Vision OG from the selector, he was very helpful for Paragon Gauntlet. #Romance tagged and robot so no reverse controls
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 311 ★★★
    Juggs does really well in against that Ultron.
  • Options
    A_Fungi said:

Jessica Jones does have the EQ tag

Yup, so you're right. Somehow I didn't notice her when I filtered. I guess I didn't scroll far enough down (pass top 5*s) since I have her as an R3 6*. Oh, well.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,515 ★★★★
    I think some of the recommendations here are forgetting that OP is trying to complete the #Romance tag objective as well :smile:
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,344 ★★★★
    MoeyTehr said:

Apologies if this has come up before (I hate this forum's cruddy search engine and I really wish Kabam would upgrade the software beyond the early aughts) but I feel like I've missed something here.

I could have sworn Wiccan had #Psychic Shielding (I brought him for Necropolis for that very reason) but now it's not there. That's a major issue now since I don't think any of the #Romance or #It's Complicated champs have #Psychic Shielding, which means the fight against Ultron in the Paragon Gauntlet is going to beyond horrible.

Am I missing something or is my game screwed up?

Jessica Jones is Romance and has psychic shielding.....
    IF you have her.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 933 ★★★
    He never had the psychic shielding tag but he's immune to all forms of reverse controls it's in his kit
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,738 Guardian

Wiccan is immune to reverse controls, but I don't remember him having psychoch shielding

Just to add a bit to this, as many have said Wiccan is immune to reverse controls but does not have the psychic shielding tag, but also the psychic shielding tag doesn't mean you're automatically immune to reverse controls. Some reverse control effects, like the Delirium node on Ultron and the reverse controls that Emma inflicts are specifically stated to not affect champions with psychic shielding. But there are reverse control effects that completely ignore that tag. Knull's reverse controls due to corruption is unaffected by psychic shielding.

So just because it is immune to reverse controls doesn't mean it has the tag, and just because it has the tag doesn't mean it is immune to all reverse controls.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 805 ★★★
    i used jessica to counter ultron for doing romance objective in paragon gauntlet, others that can counter reverse control with romance tagged are wiccan and vision og.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,726 ★★★★★
    I dont enjoy saying it but I used Herc for every fight.