**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Winter of Woe: Hulkling - Summoner Strategizing [merged]

Comments

• Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,149 ★★★★★

• Options
    Mikes_momMikes_mom Posts: 117
    ABS & CGR
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 50
    Don’t have America ranked up… anybody have any luck with Magik? If so, any pointers?
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited March 6
    My only #Mercenary is a 5* ascended Domino…

Still very doable! Took me 4 revives, because I got clipped a couple of times, but still ok.

Next run will be CGR, but mine is r3, so I‘ll wait for that 3-4 Gem and then go for it…

The only downside: I got to open a 7* and awakened my Silver Surfer. Not exactly what I wanted, because I never use him outside of arena… :(
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    Got three solos.

#Avenger/Medium

#DimensionalBeing

#Mercenary

Once I learned to punish his SP2 with a heavy attack in order to disable his Protection, things got pretty easy. You know, relatively speaking. Also keep in mind that you gain power when striking Hulkling's block. That's an easy way to build up to a special attack without having to go through his Indestructible cycle. You still need to create buffs for him in order to damage him, but that's fairly easy. In my experience, he builds Bulwark buffs like crazy when you hit into his block (as long as he has those charges).

I would start out by pushing him to an SP2, then heavy-punish it when he threw it, then strike into his block until I had an SP2 of my own, and throw it into his block for massive damage. Both Chavez and Quicksilver are #Hero champions so they place a passive stun on Hulkling afterwards so that he doesn't automatically punish them, while Masacre has his own miss mechanic for the same effect.

If you time it right, you can heavy Hulkling during that passive stun and remove the Protection again. Then you can just strike his block again in order to build power, and repeat the cycle. I eventually found a nice rhythm to it.

You just got to be careful not to take any blocked hits. I survived a special attack to the face with Chavez, but blocked hits will KO you fast.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Absorbing Man beat the brakes off that boy! His big red damage through block was so clutch for this fight.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    Cvlr said:

got three solos, photon, kushala, abs man, easiest week by far

How did you play with kushala? Which rank?
    I soloed it with kushala. Its pretty ez, u just gotta make sure to counter hulking's sp2 with a heavy (remove protection) and throw ur sp2 while he is blocking (u won't land the soul barb, but it doesn't really matter).

My kushala is rank 4 ascended, but u could easily do it with a boosted r3 too.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 173 ★★
    Had a blast with Domino. I think this will be the first time I take out my new seven star Chavez. As far as medium Avenger think I might try Photon for the first time in any serious fight. This week is a big W for Kabam.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Make sure to add a Relic to your champion of choice, as it really helps with the knockdown. Since you are focusing on hitting into block, the spirit gain is slower than you are accustomed to, but it is still a nice tool to have as the protection timer is winding down and you're in between specials.

America Chavez has a really good time with this, as the combo-heavy makes worrying about the Protection timer practically non-existent.

For the Avenger objective, I just went with 7R1 Iron Man, but pretty much any champion would work I imagine. Didn't get the solo, but I have revives that will go to waste by the time the next WoW defender is released, so it was worth not having to repeat the fight.
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 396 ★★

Abs works for mercenary but is a little slower. I easily could’ve played it wrong though so who knows. Took 3 attempts.

Slow? Wdym he cooks him under 3min lol
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,818 ★★★★★

R2 6* QS worked. Very slow and stressful fight but hey, he gets the job done
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

What was the strat?
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Is there a reason dominos specials don’t stun every time? Seems pretty hit and miss
  • Options
    DocWestDocWest Posts: 67
    Abs Man and America Chavez got it done. Using Abs Man was a lot of fun
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,015 ★★★★★
    edited March 7
    Markjv81 said:

Is there a reason dominos specials don’t stun every time? Seems pretty hit and miss

She can cause the Stun to fail if Unlucky.
    Due to Hulkling having the Node be attached to his abilities, Domino "severs" the connection.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,818 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

What was the strat?
    Just keep some debuffs on him to stop the regen but even if they fall off, it’s no big deal. Hitting into his block with a full combo will pretty much get you to an sp2 and you want to cycle that with your relic to knock him down (heavy after an sp2 into block should be fine).

You’ll want to watch his power when you hit him directly because he’ll gain a lot from quicksilvers hits. The sp2 into block with protection down does big damage even with a r2 so just avoid taking a blocked hit and remember to just play slow even if you mess up the protection timing like I did a couple times
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

What was the strat?
    Just keep some debuffs on him to stop the regen but even if they fall off, it’s no big deal. Hitting into his block with a full combo will pretty much get you to an sp2 and you want to cycle that with your relic to knock him down (heavy after an sp2 into block should be fine).

You’ll want to watch his power when you hit him directly because he’ll gain a lot from quicksilvers hits. The sp2 into block with protection down does big damage even with a r2 so just avoid taking a blocked hit and remember to just play slow even if you mess up the protection timing like I did a couple times
    Quicksilver worked great. Thanks for this. Could've been a solo but Hulkling learned how to backdraft intercept mid fight
  • Options
    Pure35Pure35 Posts: 61
    I used abs man for the mercenary and cgr for dimensional i would suggest cycling sp3 for both of them matches went way faster when i used sp3
  • Options
    SpectSpect Posts: 10

• Options
    JMC2007JRJMC2007JR Posts: 44
    Spect said:

what rank was your photon?
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
    Used Chavez, Iron man and Masacre.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Number of revives used
    America Chavez: 8
    Ab Man: Big Fat Zero

Granted I never bothered to figure out I had to hit into the block when the protection was on cool down.
    Realized this after using America Chavez, it paid to figure things out b4 jumping in.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★

Wondering if my 7-star awakened Ronin will finally have a use for the Avengers objective ... don't see any real great option from the get go

Quicksilver is busted
  • Options
    JMC2007JR said:

Spect said:

r5 arc
  • Options
    JMC2007JR said:

Spect said:

Rank 5 Ascended
  • Options
    JoSpidey_10JoSpidey_10 Posts: 82
    Who are the best options for dimensional beings? I only have 5* ascended cgr tbh. No chaves or kushala
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 814 ★★★
    Magik works for dimensional being objective

• Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    Gamer said:

Any guidance outside of skill playing from YouTube

Hulking was the easiest counter.....I read the nodes and realized it was built for him .....solo'd him on first try with his mirror
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 503 ★★★

Who are the best options for dimensional beings? I only have 5* ascended cgr tbh. No chaves or kushala

I am trying with ascended CGR. Honestly, if the AI wasnt so wack, would have completed the fight by now but Hulkling gets superspeed occasionally and clips my CGR on defense to remove half his health in one go. I still think its doable as a solo with a couple of revives and a well behaved AI
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★

Gamer said:

Any guidance outside of skill playing from YouTube

Hulking was the easiest counter.....I read the nodes and realized it was built for him .....solo'd him on first try with his mirror
    Which isn't an objective. ...but it'll get ya the 1