**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Confusion on Supports End for Tactic?

BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
With the news of alliance war tactic being changed. A lot of members of my alliance are not happy due to the fact they made a lot of defensive rank-ups for the tactic prior to the announcement of a nerf. A few wanted rank down tickets or materials to undo these defensive champs since they feel they no longer have the value they once did post nerf.
However, when they reached out to support. Support had no clue that there even was a change to tactic and thus gave a poor response to this issue. It would be appreciated if there was clarification regarding rank down tickets for my alliance mates. Or at least someone on the team who actually knows that tactic got nerfed.

Comments

• Options
    dpatel21dpatel21 Posts: 20
    edited March 7
    We need tactic reversion or rank down materials
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Ah yes, definitely no changes to the tactic, nothing at all
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 168 ★★
    I don't think the tactic was "nerfed", it was balanced properly. But in fairness, they shouldn't have released the tactic to begin with.
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

I don't think the tactic was "nerfed", it was balanced properly. But in fairness, they shouldn't have released the tactic to begin with.

They made it easier. That’s a nerf. Yes it was needed, but a nerf is a nerf and nerfs are a form of balancing things properly.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,818 Guardian
    It is a nerf but I disagree rank down tickets are warranted at all.
    Tactic hasnt been nerfed to the ground.
    Tactic is always subject to reevaluation, this is a new tactic and it has barely been a week since it was out. A wise move considering y'all are seasoned players would be to wait and watch before ranking up.
    I didnt see any requests like this when prowess power was nerfed, and that was a much bigger nerf to the tactic than this ever was.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

With the news of alliance war tactic being changed. A lot of members of my alliance are not happy due to the fact they made a lot of defensive rank-ups for the tactic prior to the announcement of a nerf. A few wanted rank down tickets or materials to undo these defensive champs since they feel they no longer have the value they once did post nerf.
    However, when they reached out to support. Support had no clue that there even was a change to tactic and thus gave a poor response to this issue. It would be appreciated if there was clarification regarding rank down tickets for my alliance mates. Or at least someone on the team who actually knows that tactic got nerfed.

Honestly people should just use rank asap when it was if session always wait for confirmation
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Good job kabam, no rank down tickets for anything except a champion nerf (even then i prefer they just delete rdt from the game permanently)
  • Options

Tactic is always subject to reevaluation, this is a new tactic and it has barely been a week since it was out. A wise move considering y'all are seasoned players would be to wait and watch before ranking up.
    I didnt see any requests like this when prowess power was nerfed, and that was a much bigger nerf to the tactic than this ever was.

This option wasn’t necessarily available as people had resources expiring and needed to make decisions promptly prior to the announcement being made. What you suggested sounds like a great idea that everyone should do, but with timers on resources it wasn’t available to them.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    edited March 7
    Beewee said:

This option wasn’t necessarily available as people had resources expiring and needed to make decisions promptly prior to the announcement being made. What you suggested sounds like a great idea that everyone should do, but with timers on resources it wasn’t available to them.
    Well then again revser. The thought if resuser was expiring then there didn’t lose anything aside from a few longer grinds before the next rank op thing is this game is no longer 1 champions for everything so it better to have a lot of different options to use then one
  • Options
    dpatel21dpatel21 Posts: 20
    Have you ever heard of opportunity cost?
  • Options
    Beewee said:

unfortunate situation. But I dont think kabam can help with maintaining/management of resources. IT may suck, but atleast it is a saga champ that will provide a boost to said champ. (i'm assuming r2 Surfers, r5 Skrulls and BPCWs)
  • Options

Beewee said:

unfortunate situation. But I dont think kabam can help with maintaining/management of resources. IT may suck, but atleast it is a saga champ that will provide a boost to said champ. (i'm assuming r2 Surfers, r5 Skrulls and BPCWs)
    Ah yes because everyone is gonna get so much use from bpcw
  • Options

Beewee said:

Yeah one dude had ranked skrull and BPCW. But the fact you knew what champs is part of the issue I'm addressing that people know that these are the champs that hurt the most, and I wanted to point out that support needs more frequent update for players for clarification on these things so I’m not having to come here to make a post to get things clarified.
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Beewee said:

i'm one with an r5 bpcw...
    hey it is a crappy situation but i do think he will still have plenty of use in this tactic. As will skrull.
    I also hope for a buff down the line. I'm not asking for an rdt.
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Beewee said:

i'm one with an r5 bpcw...
    hey it is a crappy situation but i do think he will still have plenty of use in this tactic. As will skrull.
    I also hope for a buff down the line. I'm not asking for an rdt.
    No he’s not gonna have much use
  • Options
    ZacTheSwordZacTheSword Posts: 56 ★★

Beewee said:

Lol no. Nobody is going to give a damn about crappy tactics like BPCW or Skrull. Bait and switch with tactic happening again just like with prowess power tactic
  • Options
    Beewee said:

Beewee said:

Yeah one dude had ranked skrull and BPCW. But the fact you knew what champs is part of the issue I'm addressing that people know that these are the champs that hurt the most, and I wanted to point out that support needs more frequent update for players for clarification on these things so I’m not having to come here to make a post to get things clarified.
    I hear you about support. Not gonna say anything about that.
    My disagreement was purely on rdts and nothing more.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Here's an idea,don't make defensive rank ups after a small handful of off season wars. Especially if it's a defender that is not good in attack and not good in defence without a clearly broken tactic.
  • Options

Here's an idea,don't make defensive rank ups after a small handful of off season wars. Especially if it's a defender that is not good in attack and not good in defence without a clearly broken tactic.

Here’s an idea, know how top tier war works and know resources expire
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

Maybe look at the definition of nerf
  • Options
    VernVern Posts: 50
    I was affected by the recent re-evaluation/nerf/changes to the tactic, and as an alliance we made several rank-ups, based on the original post dated 27 February 2024 (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/361238/alliance-war-season-48-tactics-new-elite-map-rewards-and-7-star-loyalty-crystal-acquisition).

The changes were made on 6 March 2024 (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/361914/changes-to-aw-tactics-s48-effective-today#latest)

Within that week we prepared our rank-ups based on the original announcement as some have shared above because of:

1. Expiring resources
    2. Testing interactions in offseason
    3. Many of us were taking week-long breaks and wanted to finish up our strategy before the season started

Our alliance competes in the highest tiers of Alliance War and many of us play the game only for this mode, without spending too much $$. I’m not straight up asking for RDTs but if we could get a better response (I got the same reply as OP) and some form of compensation that would be better for us 30 players
  • Options
    VernVern Posts: 50
    To give more context - we made the decision to prioritise AW rank-ups instead of rank-ups that could help us with various new challenges in the game, like CCP Carinas and Winter of Woe. If we had known the tactic would’ve been nerfed, we may have had taken a different approach to our rank-ups
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    Vern said:

To give more context - we made the decision to prioritise AW rank-ups instead of rank-ups that could help us with various new challenges in the game, like CCP Carinas and Winter of Woe. If we had known the tactic would’ve been nerfed, we may have had taken a different approach to our rank-ups

Here is the GT40 Corvus guy :)
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Maybe look at the definition of nerf
    Here is an idea, stop being so snobbish and elitist in your replies.