**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I Strongly Encourage you to Wait before Investing in Bullseye

2»

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Investing in champs ahead of their balancing is always a risk.

The issue with Bullseye is that to give him more attack in rebalancing (which he needs) would make him an even harder defender, so they would need to make him less difficult on defense as well. Not sure anyone would be happy with that.

I say leave him as he is.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★
    Leave him as he is so I can keep banning him and don’t really have to worry about using him on offense.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 820 ★★★

Investing in champs ahead of their balancing is always a risk.

The issue with Bullseye is that to give him more attack in rebalancing (which he needs) would make him an even harder defender, so they would need to make him less difficult on defense as well. Not sure anyone would be happy with that.

I say leave him as he is.

Well when Bishop got buffed that's exactly what happened
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,284 ★★★★★

He is also a very good Photon counter himself though

No, he's really not....
    You do realize photon is blend immune, right?
    Guess we don't need this...

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★

Judging by what Miike said earlier today I highly doubt we will get a hard counter like Galan vs Peni. They want these defenders to be meta for a very long time because we haven't had any extremely tough defenders in a very long time. With that being said I really do hope Bullseye gets a nerf on defense and a slight buff on offense cause atm he's a wet noodle.

My Terrax works great against Peni, incidentally.
    Yeah Terrax, Valk, Adam, Vox, Gladiator (after buff), Venom etc loads of counters for her besides Galan and Hulkling nowadays.
    Is this satire? Terrax and Venom existed before Peni was released. VenomPool is also a counter and he existed before Peni was released.
    Uh yeah and? I was just naming counters in general cause someone said Peni's still a threat, I never said anything about who was released before who or if it matters at all. Instead of being so mad and trying to argue with everyone go outside, touch some grass and settle down. If you had read what I said you would've realized I, just like you, actually disagree with op telling people not to rank him up just because of rebalance or counters.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Judging by what Miike said earlier today I highly doubt we will get a hard counter like Galan vs Peni. They want these defenders to be meta for a very long time because we haven't had any extremely tough defenders in a very long time. With that being said I really do hope Bullseye gets a nerf on defense and a slight buff on offense cause atm he's a wet noodle.

Yeah Terrax, Valk, Adam, Vox, Gladiator (after buff), Venom etc loads of counters for her besides Galan and Hulkling nowadays.
    Is this satire? Terrax and Venom existed before Peni was released. VenomPool is also a counter and he existed before Peni was released.
    Uh yeah and? I was just naming counters in general cause someone said Peni's still a threat, I never said anything about who was released before who or if it matters at all. Instead of being so mad and trying to argue with everyone go outside, touch some grass and settle down. If you had read what I said you would've realized I, just like you, actually disagree with op telling people not to rank him up just because of rebalance or counters.
    You specifically said "nowadays". Terrax and Venom existed before Peni was released. Both Magnetos as well among other counters. Peni already had many counters upon release. It's a strange use of "nowadays" when referencing champions that were already counters.
  • Options
    edited March 13

You specifically said "nowadays". Terrax and Venom existed before Peni was released. Both Magnetos as well among other counters. Peni already had many counters upon release. It's a strange use of "nowadays" when referencing champions that were already counters.
    I said "loads of counters nowadays" because back then Adam Vox and Gladiator didn't exist and I added them to the list of counters. I never said there weren't any counters back then, it's really not that deep man you need to chill lmao literally arguing for the sake of arguing over something so insignificant and dumb as YoU SAiD NoWaDAyS ReE.
  • Options

No, he's really not....
    Bullseye is a very solid Photon counter
  • Options

No, he's really not....
    Why does it say bleed immunity is one of his weaknesses in the info page though? Wouldn't be that solid if he loses a lot of his damage no?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★

So now we're telling people not to rank up champions because Kabam might release a counter to them?

Don't rank up any new champs going forward for at least a year so we know they don't get rebalanced and no hard counter is released 🙄🙄🙄

Completely tone deaf response from you, but cant say im surprised.

Like several others on the thread pointed out, it is already a given that investing in champs ahead of their balancing is always a risk. However, this is more prevalent in the case of Bullseye because of how “hot” of a subject he is as a defender at
    the moment.

One great form of advice I can lend you is before you comment , try to actually consider the argument of the other side before you just squabble some nonsense. I’m not sure how you missed it in this case given that multiple others also commented on the risks of investing prematurely.
  • Options

No, he's really not....
    Why does it say bleed immunity is one of his weaknesses in the info page though? Wouldn't be that solid if he loses a lot of his damage no?
    I didn't write his info page 🤷🏻‍♀️

He loses the instant bleed damage, but he effectively counters a lot of Photon's defensive mechanics pretty effortlessly.

He isn't a perfect counter like Mantis / Zemo / Crossbones, but he's very solid against her.

• Options

No, he's really not....
    I didn't write his info page 🤷🏻‍♀️

He loses the instant bleed damage, but he effectively counters a lot of Photon's defensive mechanics pretty effortlessly.

He isn't a perfect counter like Mantis / Zemo / Crossbones, but he's very solid against her.

Well, thanks for the info then. The info page just made it sound like he's terrible against bleed immune but I guess that's not the case so good to know.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 627 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Samanun said:

Polygon said:

So there’s already already a thread speculating his nerf during the rebalance period up, but the thread seems to be going off topic. Due to that and certain comments confirming what I was already beginning to theorize, I felt I should make this thread in advance to warn players not to go all in and balls to the wall on ascending or r5ing him yet.

To keep it short, even if he survives the rebalance period (we have yet to see any champion nerfed during one so far), the probability of them releasing champs to completely shut him down are high, especially when you consider the feedback they got from all the people that complained about him during the very first month of his release.

Remember Peni? Just like Bullseye, she had that unavoidable damage in her kit and she was the go to defender back during her release. However, after Galan and Hulkling were released , people just completely stopped using her for defense in BGs

One other thing to keep in mind is that even if certain champs that are bleed immune work for him in BGs, that if they ever designed him as a boss for challenging content in the future, that said champs may not work there and more ideal counters may be required, thereby opening the gates for them to release hard counters.

Now ofcourse you can make the argument that ascension dust is becoming drastically more available than it once was and that you can just use the magika gem to r5 him, but in case you cant get the gem anymore or want to use it on someone else, this notion could be worth considering.

Peni never had unavoidable damage just break shield please don't compare peni to bullseye in that regard it’s not even close and im kind of offended that you would even say such a thing
    Yeah have fun doing that for the EOP Peni with the v3/incarnate objectives. Then again you’re probably nowhere even close to beginning that sort of content so go on and yap more bud
    There’s no way you actually took that seriously you’re losin it 💀
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
    I’ve been asking for Bullseye for years, so I took him all the way up. Lmao
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Polygon said:

So now we're telling people not to rank up champions because Kabam might release a counter to them?

Don't rank up any new champs going forward for at least a year so we know they don't get rebalanced and no hard counter is released 🙄🙄🙄

Completely tone deaf response from you, but cant say im surprised.

Like several others on the thread pointed out, it is already a given that investing in champs ahead of their balancing is always a risk. However, this is more prevalent in the case of Bullseye because of how “hot” of a subject he is as a defender at the moment.
    Well, yes and no.

Yes, the stronger a champion is at release, the more likely they are to get rebalanced downward. That of course is obvious. But conversely, the weaker a champion is at release, the less you actually gain from investing in them in the first place. So it is unclear to me that the overall risk/reward for Bullseye is worse than it is for other champs.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    I’ve been hearing from a few that r4 Bullseye for the most part should be enough because if they dont have a counter/bleed immune , chances are theyre going to lose either way.

Whats everyones thoughts on that? He does have a very tiny healthpool so in terms of fight duration, the r5 or ascended r5 wouldn't make too much of a difference.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Polygon said:

I’ve been hearing from a few that r4 Bullseye for the most part should be enough because if they dont have a counter/bleed immune , chances are theyre going to lose either way.

Whats everyones thoughts on that? He does have a very tiny healthpool so in terms of fight duration, the r5 or ascended r5 wouldn't make too much of a difference.

You'd expect, on average, for an R5 Bullseye to be about 34% more dangerous than an R4 Bullseye due to the increased health and attack. Due to the way Battlegrounds is scored, with different weights for time remaining and health remaining, it is a little complicated to estimate how much more points an R5 would earn relative to an R4, but it would probably be tens of percentage points.

In completely unbalanced BG match ups this won't matter much. But in tighter ones, it could matter. Bullseye isn't guaranteed to be an auto win, if your opponent places other tough defenders in the same round (or if they place a stronger one than you do). In those kinds of matches, the extra rank could make a difference. How often that would be, I'm not sure.

If your strategy is ban him unless they don't have him, and then place him whenever you can, R4 will get you some wins. R5 will get you more wins, but maybe not a lot more, until you get into higher competitive tiers of BG.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★

No, he's really not....
    I just suck at the game then because I got smoked yesterday in bg's when I tried my bullseye against her, lol

But given you're saying he is, I believe it.

I did see your response down below so hats off to you, I'm gonna do some practicing against her.
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Polygon said:

You'd expect, on average, for an R5 Bullseye to be about 34% more dangerous than an R4 Bullseye due to the increased health and attack. Due to the way Battlegrounds is scored, with different weights for time remaining and health remaining, it is a little complicated to estimate how much more points an R5 would earn relative to an R4, but it would probably be tens of percentage points.

In completely unbalanced BG match ups this won't matter much. But in tighter ones, it could matter. Bullseye isn't guaranteed to be an auto win, if your opponent places other tough defenders in the same round (or if they place a stronger one than you do). In those kinds of matches, the extra rank could make a difference. How often that would be, I'm not sure.

If your strategy is ban him unless they don't have him, and then place him whenever you can, R4 will get you some wins. R5 will get you more wins, but maybe not a lot more, until you get into higher competitive tiers of BG.
    Can’t believe I’m agreeing with dna, but here goes…. I agree 🫤😂
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Mine is 6r5 sig 200 - he's been great in BGs (last season), AW (my ally mate has him ascended and he was a great boss ) and EQ so far - been worth the investment
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    I totally get people being wary of investing in Bullseye before his evaluation is done. So far, I'm 100% with you. I've currently taken mine to r2 but I'll hold off from r3'ing him (I can if I want to) for now.

However, I don't really agree with people who say that they should hold off because "he'll just get a hard counter". Yes, that's a fairly reasonable assumption to make. Down the line, someone will come along and be able to tackle him into the ground. But I do think it's worth pointing out that those champs don't come immediately. Taking the Peni example, it took almost a year for Hulkling to come out after her (I think it was ten months), and then Galan a couple of months after that. Gorr came out between them but had to go through his own rebalancing phase before becoming the great Peni counter he is today.

Kabam won't release a hard Bullseye counter anytime soon. If the fear of him becoming obsolete is what's holding you back from investing in him, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★

you need to chill lmao literally arguing for the sake of arguing over something so insignificant and dumb.

• Options

you need to chill lmao literally arguing for the sake of arguing over something so insignificant and dumb.

Unfortunately no, I'm just surprised he got this triggered over one word even though I didn't disagree with anything he said lmao.