**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stop camping on Victory Track

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
edited March 23 in General Discussion
Its starting to be a little bit annoying to play vs people with 3 R3 7*, full roster of R5 6* or R2 7* with the newest champs, ascended, and all that.

This players should be on Gladiator Circuit at high ranks, and they are camping the Victory Track, and man, I kinda get tired of it, since thats added to the awful AI and the draft RNG is starting to be just outrageous.

Kabam should implement something that does not allow that big accs to just camp on Victory Track like this, since there isnt matchmaking after Plat, we are just eating high acc Valiants ass till the last day, and we are going to wait to the last day to be able to play vs player that really belong to Vibranium or GC low ranks.

Maybe is just the 4 losses in a row vs those players, half due to the draft and half due to the AI, but this just doesnt make sense, why you have brackets and ranks if people will stay the lower they can till the last days; forcing the rest of players that are not on the top of GC having to also wait for the last day to do so.

Comments

• Options

Lmao I feel your pain, vibranium is stacked with big accounts right now. The problem is large accounts have essentially no incentive to get to gc early if they don’t like the meta and/or don’t grind bgs.

I don’t think they’re necessarily “camping” or point farming since that’s now bannable. But I’m sure there’s a lot of large accounts who are in no rush to get to gc quickly and it creates a bit of a bottleneck.

Yeah, thats the point, since they dont have a rush, they force us to not have it either; I dont think this should be the case
  • Options
    edited March 23

There is no point on camping, people just don't push because the rewards are bad.

And I agree, thats why Kabam should do something so they either are "forced" to be in the ranks they are easily able to reach, or they have a reason to really push the first weeks instead of waiting for the last 4 days
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Lmao I feel your pain, vibranium is stacked with big accounts right now. The problem is large accounts have essentially no incentive to get to gc early if they don’t like the meta and/or don’t grind bgs.

I don’t think they’re necessarily “camping” or point farming since that’s now bannable. But I’m sure there’s a lot of large accounts who are in no rush to get to gc quickly and it creates a bit of a bottleneck.

Yeah, thats the point, since they dont have a rush, they force us to not have it either; I dont think this should be the case
    They need to add some sort of reward in gc that is directly related to the time spent in gc. Maybe they could add a trophy token bonus per day spent in gc or something like that. Right now there’s only end of season rewards which in no way incentivize you to rush.
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 200 ★★
    I'm in GC but they're definitely camping. I've had matches were they have intentionally lost. How do I know? Nobody would have the perfect counter and take in a mismatch. Also there's definitely some match manipulation going on to lot's of declined matches.

Fyi there's still alot of bg allys out there.That alone causes people to camp to hit the allys minimum. Which is much easier to get in VT.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 112 ★★
    Seems like they could implement a bonus for accounts that reach GC early. Some kind of special milestone to incentivize the GC-ready accounts to move more quickly.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,200 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Hello, big account here. I just get my 3 wins every 2 days at this point and with losing some matches, I'm still just in V2. Some of us are just taking our sweet time and not stressing about the gamemode. Others of us don't prioritize mcoc for various reasons including family or just playing different games in spare time. Just because there are large accounts on VT still, doesn't mean that they're just camping, it most likely means they don't feel pressured to be too engaged with the gamemode.

yea i just got to vib2. Now yea 5 more win to go

• Options

There is no point on camping, people just don't push because the rewards are bad.

Because its shorter for the title basically, thats why there is the Description of the issue below lol
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 206 ★★
    They waste my time I was theirs 🤷. They get the win for camping but imma sit there and timer stall. Instead of just letting your champ die. Pause at the start and unpause at 1 second. You get 15k points if you don't get hit so they have too fight your defender or you win.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I have no 7r3 and believe me I would like not to camp anymore as you say in vibranium 3 to get the points for night 7 but it's impossible a pity that Kabam put it in the circuit because it's more and more complicated to climb and it's a pity that they don't take it into account. They give the meta and then take care of it more
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,395 ★★★★
    I'm still in vibranium 3 with only 2 tokens because I just don't honestly care to push.

I have only ever pushed to GC once, for the deathless gully piece.

Other than that time I haven't cared enough to bother.

Mind you I'm not some massive Valiant (3.7 mil) but even if I was, I still wouldn't care enough to push to cg until solo rewards are actually worth the push.
  • Options
    Maybe give more shields in store, one per week is not enough, I care about my units otherwise I would buy 100 shields because it is so complicated to get the points for the night without spending units. Especially 15 victories to climb it's 🥵
  • Options
    Catmanndo said:

Buff bg rewards and balance will be restored…

I don't find Kabam's post that talks about the next updates for the bg
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Hello, big account here. I just get my 3 wins every 2 days at this point and with losing some matches, I'm still just in V2. Some of us are just taking our sweet time and not stressing about the gamemode. Others of us don't prioritize mcoc for various reasons including family or just playing different games in spare time. Just because there are large accounts on VT still, doesn't mean that they're just camping, it most likely means they don't feel pressured to be too engaged with the gamemode.

But it's never been like this. I've been playing BGs since they came out and even back when I was TB and we still had sandbagging, I never saw these many stacked accounts with ten days left in the season just chilling in VT. Of course Valiant wasn't a thing back then but we still had stacked accounts and they usually already were in GC by this time.
    I'm not saying Kabam please do prestige matchmaking for whole VT or lower the wins from 5 to 3 but something is definitely wrong with BGs and participation atm and they need to do something about it. Whether it's the nodes or Valiant needing more incentives, something has to change.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Its starting to be a little bit annoying to play vs people with 3 R3 7*, full roster of R5 6* or R2 7* with the newest champs, ascended, and all that.

This players should be on Gladiator Circuit at high ranks, and they are camping the Victory Track, and man, I kinda get tired of it, since thats added to the awful AI and the draft RNG is starting to be just outrageous.

Kabam should implement something that does not allow that big accs to just camp on Victory Track like this, since there isnt matchmaking after Plat, we are just eating high acc Valiants ass till the last day, and we are going to wait to the last day to be able to play vs player that really belong to Vibranium or GC low ranks.

Maybe is just the 4 losses in a row vs those players, half due to the draft and half due to the AI, but this just doesnt make sense, why you have brackets and ranks if people will stay the lower they can till the last days; forcing the rest of players that are not on the top of GC having to also wait for the last day to do so.

Sadly with the rewards not being worth the chase for many I think it’s just the increase in people who get their 3 wins and stop. Right now people in the GC are there more for the competition than anything else.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

But it's never been like this. I've been playing BGs since they came out and even back when I was TB and we still had sandbagging, I never saw these many stacked accounts with ten days left in the season just chilling in VT. Of course Valiant wasn't a thing back then but we still had stacked accounts and they usually already were in GC by this time.
    I'm not saying Kabam please do prestige matchmaking for whole VT or lower the wins from 5 to 3 but something is definitely wrong with BGs and participation atm and they need to do something about it. Whether it's the nodes or Valiant needing more incentives, something has to change.
    Don't wanna edit this cause it'll probably get sent to the forums abyss but just to be clear, all I'm saying is GC needs either better rewards or multipliers or something. Valiant players need more incentives so they actually get to GC quicker and climb up as high as possible to prevent situations like this one. Situation which I completely understand, if I was Valiant I wouldn't be grinding hard either, what for?
  • Options
    A solution would be to add additional objectives for the GC, that would be a reason to climb earlier
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    I calmly and peacefully stayed in VC till Week 2. Then I jumped into GC.
    I never ever forver Evermore nevermore etc etc cared about week 1/2 GC. It's a waste of effort trying to change decks, and trying to win for what?
    Week 3/4 when the meta actually matters, and rankups are done for it.
    I never cared for top solo scores. I'm fine with whatever I rank get, My solo(marks) score stays in same range more or less.