**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stop camping on Victory Track

Comments

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,040 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Hello, big account here. I just get my 3 wins every 2 days at this point and with losing some matches, I'm still just in V2. Some of us are just taking our sweet time and not stressing about the gamemode. Others of us don't prioritize mcoc for various reasons including family or just playing different games in spare time. Just because there are large accounts on VT still, doesn't mean that they're just camping, it most likely means they don't feel pressured to be too engaged with the gamemode.

But it's never been like this. I've been playing BGs since they came out and even back when I was TB and we still had sandbagging, I never saw these many stacked accounts with ten days left in the season just chilling in VT. Of course Valiant wasn't a thing back then but we still had stacked accounts and they usually already were in GC by this time.
    I'm not saying Kabam please do prestige matchmaking for whole VT or lower the wins from 5 to 3 but something is definitely wrong with BGs and participation atm and they need to do something about it. Whether it's the nodes or Valiant needing more incentives, something has to change.
    Don't wanna edit this cause it'll probably get sent to the forums abyss but just to be clear, all I'm saying is GC needs either better rewards or multipliers or something. Valiant players need more incentives so they actually get to GC quicker and climb up as high as possible to prevent situations like this one. Situation which I completely understand, if I was Valiant I wouldn't be grinding hard either, what for?
    Would be cool if there was an objective that gave something for getting to GC within the first 2 weeks to incentivize the large accounts pushing out of VT early.
    This would def incentivize me grinding hard in the first couple weeks. As it stands now, I take my time getting to GC and am most likely the type of account OP hates.

*To note, I feel I could be doing a lot worse to people below me, as I’m sitting on and additional 2 r3 rankups and 3 r2 rankups until next month*

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Hello, big account here. I just get my 3 wins every 2 days at this point and with losing some matches, I'm still just in V2. Some of us are just taking our sweet time and not stressing about the gamemode. Others of us don't prioritize mcoc for various reasons including family or just playing different games in spare time. Just because there are large accounts on VT still, doesn't mean that they're just camping, it most likely means they don't feel pressured to be too engaged with the gamemode.

But it's never been like this. I've been playing BGs since they came out and even back when I was TB and we still had sandbagging, I never saw these many stacked accounts with ten days left in the season just chilling in VT. Of course Valiant wasn't a thing back then but we still had stacked accounts and they usually already were in GC by this time.
    I'm not saying Kabam please do prestige matchmaking for whole VT or lower the wins from 5 to 3 but something is definitely wrong with BGs and participation atm and they need to do something about it. Whether it's the nodes or Valiant needing more incentives, something has to change.
    Don't wanna edit this cause it'll probably get sent to the forums abyss but just to be clear, all I'm saying is GC needs either better rewards or multipliers or something. Valiant players need more incentives so they actually get to GC quicker and climb up as high as possible to prevent situations like this one. Situation which I completely understand, if I was Valiant I wouldn't be grinding hard either, what for?
    Would be cool if there was an objective that gave something for getting to GC within the first 2 weeks to incentivize the large accounts pushing out of VT early.
    Yeah, throw an extra objective for winning GC matches on the pile and all of a sudden there’s a compelling reason to get into that bracket as soon as possible.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Its been a constant on every game mode, which ks why it was bound to happen.
    It happened with AQ and AW, people with 21k Prestige playing map 6 and Gold levels cause the rewards don't justify the efforts
    Even with EQ there is a lot of people asking to uick the gauntlet after completion and have to explore.
    Just wait a few months.. people will say that the cost of raids its too high to do them monthly..
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

This is what I was thinking yeah, doesn't even need to be huge and game changing just something decent enough to incentivize people to play more than three matches every two days.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I think Valliant solo milestones rewards will help. Also if it was better incentivized to win in GC over VT, the 2 wins shouldn’t be treated equally.

The challenge is those milestones are still the launch milestones and were out of date 6 months ago.

Better 48 hour objectives for winning would also help.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 195 ★★
    I'm in diamond 1 and rarely see matches that are easy wins. Not sure what my win rate would actually be but its probably around 60% and if those odds work out perfectly then
    • It would take 15 games for me to go up a tier.
    • Essentially I would need 45 games to get through the last 3 tiers and get into GC
    • It takes maybe 4-6 games to clear the objective every 2 days
    • it would be 2 weeks or more before I would get into GC
    I do not have the incentive to do anymore than the objectives and there is no guarantee that it works out nicely like that. Don't really think anyone is camping out I think it is just too much of a grind for anyone to be bothered
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,405 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

This is what I was thinking yeah, doesn't even need to be huge and game changing just something decent enough to incentivize people to play more than three matches every two days.
    I also agree.

Not gonna lie, a 7* nightcrawler to push to gc for the next 3 month's where I also have to buy runes in New sidequest store and get them form where ever else hasn't exactly screamed " go go go" to me, by any means.
    Not to mention, Vega made a damage comparison video already and apparently he really needs sig 200 for big damage, so even then the 6* sig 200 is better than the 7* unawakened or sig 20-40 even. How many Valiants want to actually grind that hard for a 6* Nightcrawler dupe? (assuming they don't already have him at sig 200 cause most Valiant accounts have a ton of 6* maxed from dupes alone lol)

Yeah, no... If their intention was to incentivize people with 10 runes they definitely missed the mark this time.
    Missed the mark is an understatement, lol
    The fact that they put these runes where they did as some sort of incentive may have gotten some extra people to push, but I don't think it's gonna be nearly as many as they may have thought.

Even with the new Valiant store released this month I can't be bothered to push, and vibranium is an extra 16 5k tokens, with the now added 10 runes.

If they had updated the solo rewards though, I believe that would have incentives alot more people to actually care because other than the tokens in vibration for the updated store, I have zero incentive to really try.

And believe me, as much as I want that extra 16.5k token, even then I doubt I'll actually push to get them.

I haven't even gotten the 5 wins for vibranium 3 yet and honestly I just don't care because I'm not hurtin for the 6* shards they offer in the solo rewards, haha
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 774 ★★★★
    Horrendously designed metas and bad rewards; make a more dynamic duo.

Every meta somehow gets worse than the previous ones.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    Exactly. 1 star or 2 star BGs would be interesting. All one class or "No More Mutants" BGs. Something creative and thematic to sass it up. I'm not interested in account-measuring contests against megawhales, BG fiends, and/or CCP. I'll play enough to get decent seeding if I remember to and that's it. The potential is there, Kabam just isn't doing anything with it.
    Athos69 said:

I’m a top 1,500 acc and I’m in a top bg alli and am still in vt. I’m not farming…. I’m there because the game mode sucks. It shouldn’t have sucked as at the beginning it had all the promise to take over the games direction but not enough care and vision has been given to nurture it.

Upping the rewards to previous lvls (that were meta at the beginning) just won’t b enough for me now as I expected some fun with diff game modes within bgs, fun tournaments (as in 4/3/2 star challenge, alli battles where allis pick the top 5 players to compete against other allis until a champ alli is found etc etc. im not that creative 😂 although I do consider myself a tester rather than game mode designer) but what we have over a year on is just stupidly hard nodes or easy af nodes month by month that r not interesting or enticing just a long ass read and a headache to play through.

One of the worst parts is being conditioned to gain and rank champs I wouldn’t even look at before and only last 1 meta. Why not up the rewards and sell elders in deals instead of just selling ridiculously hard def that no one really wants to fight without 1 specific counter or it’s a loss.

it’s not fun and the rewards suck that’s why I’m in vt not gc. It used to take me 2 days to get to cg now it’s over 2 weeks. Apologies that was so long.

• Options

Exactly. 1 star or 2 star BGs would be interesting. All one class or "No More Mutants" BGs. Something creative and thematic to sass it up. I'm not interested in account-measuring contests against megawhales, BG fiends, and/or CCP. I'll play enough to get decent seeding if I remember to and that's it. The potential is there, Kabam just isn't doing anything with it.

Athos69 said:

I’m a top 1,500 acc and I’m in a top bg alli and am still in vt. I’m not farming…. I’m there because the game mode sucks. It shouldn’t have sucked as at the beginning it had all the promise to take over the games direction but not enough care and vision has been given to nurture it.

Upping the rewards to previous lvls (that were meta at the beginning) just won’t b enough for me now as I expected some fun with diff game modes within bgs, fun tournaments (as in 4/3/2 star challenge, alli battles where allis pick the top 5 players to compete against other allis until a champ alli is found etc etc. im not that creative 😂 although I do consider myself a tester rather than game mode designer) but what we have over a year on is just stupidly hard nodes or easy af nodes month by month that r not interesting or enticing just a long ass read and a headache to play through.

One of the worst parts is being conditioned to gain and rank champs I wouldn’t even look at before and only last 1 meta. Why not up the rewards and sell elders in deals instead of just selling ridiculously hard def that no one really wants to fight without 1 specific counter or it’s a loss.

it’s not fun and the rewards suck that’s why I’m in vt not gc. It used to take me 2 days to get to cg now it’s over 2 weeks. Apologies that was so long.

It would be fun. Yes a lot of fun; but how is this going to profit a company?...
  • Options
    Athos69Athos69 Posts: 38
    It’s a game…they should b selling fun instead of addiction and frustration. People would buy elders (which was obvs the main source of intended income) if it was fun and rewarding.
  • Options
    edited March 24
    Athos69 said:

It’s a game…they should b selling fun instead of addiction and frustration. People would buy elders (which was obvs the main source of intended income) if it was fun and rewarding.

Its a gacha game, elder marks are bought with farmable units....
  • Options
    Athos69Athos69 Posts: 38
    Which loads of people use cash to buy (inc me). Just saying that there r ways to make money and still have it be fun for the players.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★

Athos69 said:

I actually like the sound of that, deleting a specific class for a whole season. I've never been a fan of nuke metas they're all so damn boring cause it's really just a roster competition not a skill one.
    People will say what they wanna say about the armor burn and dot metas and even hate on them but compared to metas like the current one, they were actually extremely fun. The metas lately have just been boring and annoying and I'm sure that's another reason people don't wanna get out of VT, GC metas lately have also been extremely unfun and boring.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Im all in for the special objectives for GC circuit that start a couple of days after the BG season begins, that would reason enough for players to grind sooner than later; nothing too much but still good enough to grind it at the beginning.

Or even just a x1.5 multiplier for the current objectives, I think that would be good enough for people to rush in.
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 177 ★★
    I'm vaillant, bunch of 6r5 ascended but I'm just doing my 3 fights every 2 days cause I don't wanna grind this game mode anymore. I feel sorry for the lower accounts I face sometimes but I won't rush to let you the space lol
  • Options
    edited March 24
    Jefechuta said:

Im all in for the special objectives for GC circuit that start a couple of days after the BG season begins, that would reason enough for players to grind sooner than later; nothing too much but still good enough to grind it at the beginning.

Or even just a x1.5 multiplier for the current objectives, I think that would be good enough for people to rush in.

The ammount of entitled people complaining about advancing to GC, and how are they supposed to advance... And you want to put a time specific objetive in GC?
    Yeah that's gonna work really well ..
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

Athos69 said:

I actually like the sound of that, deleting a specific class for a whole season. I've never been a fan of nuke metas they're all so damn boring cause it's really just a roster competition not a skill one.
    People will say what they wanna say about the armor burn and dot metas and even hate on them but compared to metas like the current one, they were actually extremely fun. The metas lately have just been boring and annoying and I'm sure that's another reason people don't wanna get out of VT, GC metas lately have also been extremely unfun and boring.
    It sounds good in theory until you think about it a bit. Let’s say science class is banned, no science attackers or defenders. Mystic defenders will be monsters without any natural counters in the pool. I have no desire to be fighting Ascended Abs Men or r3 Mangogs without access to the champs who shut them down.

Meanwhile, the stock of skill attackers would plummet, without any need to counter Photons or Scorpions. Banning a class from the mode is just too big a swing.

I fully agree with you about nuke metas though. Especially since, on a personal level, I find the most popular nuke champs boring to play and so I choose not to rank them (Herc, AA, CGR, etc.). I much prefer metas that require actual thought beyond “yellow number go brrrr”
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

The ammount of entitled people complaining about advancing to GC, and how are they supposed to advance... And you want to put a time specific objetive in GC?
    Lol, it would be fairer to advance since the players supposed to be in GC by their skill/roster level will be there sooner, which will make the accounts that are stuck due to them be able to reach the spot they are supposed to reach.

I would rather have that change than stay like this, where season after season only high Paragon and Valiants are the only ones playing on BGs, without even trying to, just to get the daily objectives.

What is the point on a competitive mode when the only thing competitive are the Celestial ranks?

You argue too much without giving possible solutions or saying anything useful at all
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,201 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Lol, it would be fairer to advance since the players supposed to be in GC by their skill/roster level will be there sooner, which will make the accounts that are stuck due to them be able to reach the spot they are supposed to reach.

I would rather have that change than stay like this, where season after season only high Paragon and Valiants are the only ones playing on BGs, without even trying to, just to get the daily objectives.

What is the point on a competitive mode when the only thing competitive are the Celestial ranks?

You argue too much without giving possible solutions or saying anything useful at all
    Honestly I don’t think bg vt is that’s competitive it was meant to be a competitive for higer rank not vt
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,040 ★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

The issue for me personally is, I have no reason to really be competitive and play outside of the 48hr objectives. Whatever I place in GC at the end is usually enough for me.

Would I like more tokens? Sure. But I also spend a ton of energy to try and get all difficulties of EQ 100% for the month along with other things, so I usually end up spending Elder’s Marks for BGs entry, and I have no desire to blow through my entire stash grinding the game mode for **** rewards so that when an eventual season does pop up worth grinding, I barely have any left. And I’ll be damned if I spend units on Elder’s Marks.

I’m sorry it’s hard for you, but I’m not going to be forced to play more than I want so it’s easier on others.