Options

Stop camping on Victory Track

Comments

• Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 946 ★★★★
    edited March 25

I wish I was going against these smaller accts everybody keeps saying are in the VT.

I haven't seen one yet and I'm currently still trying to get 5 tokens for vibranium 3 🤣🤣🤣

Feels like vibranium is the new arcane but without the rewards lmao
    It really does seem like that lately.
    It's been a slog.

Legit facing accts 2mil+ rating over mine, and I'm around 3.7 mil, with a pretty decent BG's deck.
    It's crazy.
    I’m 2.1m and if I see anyone under 4m I look at it as a good match. Sometimes I can beat the 5m+ accounts, but I have to turn into such a sweat to do so. By the time I finish the match I’m so burnt out I don’t wanna play anymore lol.

It’s a vicious cycle of nobody wanting to push, which creates a bottleneck, which makes bgs annoying to play, which makes nobody want to push…
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    I wonder what would happen if they would put like a new set of objectives once you reach GC .
    We got the 48 hr play 3 win 1,2,3 ...
    What if you get 4 more objectives for GC only every 48hrs with some not crazy but decent rewards .
    Like 250 7* shards.. or 200.. i mean doesnt seem crazy and at the end of season it adds up.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,226 ★★★★★
    edited March 25

I wonder what would happen if they would put like a new set of objectives once you reach GC .
    What if you get 4 more objectives for GC only every 48hrs with some not crazy but decent rewards .
    Like 250 7* shards.. or 200.. i mean doesnt seem crazy and at the end of season it adds up.

All it take for me to play more is more tokens. To buy stuff ahah
    And better sole.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,464 ★★★★

I wish I was going against these smaller accts everybody keeps saying are in the VT.

I haven't seen one yet and I'm currently still trying to get 5 tokens for vibranium 3 🤣🤣🤣

It's been a slog.

Legit facing accts 2mil+ rating over mine, and I'm around 3.7 mil, with a pretty decent BG's deck.
    It's crazy.
    I’m 2.1m and if I see anyone under 4m I look at it as a good match. Sometimes I can beat the 5m+ accounts, but I have to turn into such a sweat to do so. By the time I finish the match I’m so burnt out I don’t wanna play anymore lol.

It’s a vicious cycle of nobody wanting to push, which creates a bottleneck, which makes bgs annoying to play, which makes nobody want to push…
    I hear you.

I had to go against @DNA3000 last night...

He's much bigger than I am, and smarter, and his drafting strategy is awesome!

Needless to say he took me to school, but what made me sad us I used the little symbiote guy emoji to wave at him and he was so focused on the draft he didn't wave back! Hahaha

I've had my share of wins against some stacked accts when I played really well and/or got a good draft, but man what a slog it is sometimes...

• Options
    Gamer said:

And better sole.
    Nah it cant be tokens.
    Maybe the ammount of shards I said is a bit too much considering the price of them in the BG store.. but something adjusted would be nice.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 946 ★★★★

It's been a slog.

It's crazy.

I hear you.

Needless to say he took me to school, but what made me sad us I used the little symbiote guy emoji to wave at him and he was so focused on the draft he didn't wave back! Hahaha

I've had my share of wins against some stacked accts when I played really well and/or got a good draft, but man what a slog it is sometimes...

I have the little Symbiote guy in my deck, and I promise that if we ever match I will wave back at you.

But yeah it’s definitely pretty rough right now, I’m hoping that in the last few days it will be normal as the big accounts may not wanna wait until the very last day to make it to gc. And maybe, just maybe, it’ll be normal for a couple days.
  • Options

Gamer said:

And better sole.
    Nah it cant be tokens.
    Maybe the ammount of shards I said is a bit too much considering the price of them in the BG store.. but something adjusted would be nice.
    Why can’t it be token for me I hates I buy stuff way to much so atm i just hav to wait for bg to end because already at gc those few u getting ever 2 day is pretty much not nothing to go from honestly I feel there’s could raise it a bit I not so overflowing them
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

And better sole.
    Nah it cant be tokens.
    Why can’t it be token for me I hates I buy stuff way to much so atm i just hav to wait for bg to end because already at gc those few u getting ever 2 day is pretty much not nothing to go from honestly I feel there’s could raise it a bit I not so overflowing them
    For me personally, I always end up with 10-15k trophies at the end of the season. Its basically due to resource management, and believen some prices are not right (7* shard cost doesnt seem right for example). Managing overflow and timing rank ups makes me end with a lot of trophies at the end of the season anyway, so for me it wouldnt be that great of an incentive, unless they add new stuff to the store.
  • Options

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

And better sole.
    Nah it cant be tokens.
    For me personally, I always end up with 10-15k trophies at the end of the season. Its basically due to resource management, and believen some prices are not right (7* shard cost doesnt seem right for example). Managing overflow and timing rank ups makes me end with a lot of trophies at the end of the season anyway, so for me it wouldnt be that great of an incentive, unless they add new stuff to the store.
    I trying to get the mode 7 star shard. I at 12k now I know it managed I need to work one a bit but the only reason I push to gc this time was because of the rune stone. Now in in like arenka or whatever the tier is call so for might try to push a bit more but the meta have hard time dealing with footloose because i not god at nuke things down
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Perhaps if they kept the old//new system where when you lost you only lost half your coins (forget the name) I would play more. I just don't feel the vibes I did when BGs started out, and despite making it to GC every season, each time it takes more and more willpower to click that BGs icon to play. If it wasn't for the store I wouldn't even play it at all.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 416 ★★★★
    I would gladly stop "camping" if input controls and AI quirkiness didn't crop every other match.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    altavista said:

Jefechuta said:

Kabam should implement something that does not allow that big accs to just camp on Victory Track

I largely disagree with the premise of your post (there is no real incentive to 'camp'. If Players have a roster full of 6R5 and 7R2, why would they want 6-star shards from Solo Milestones or if they get a high enough Rank, 15k 7-star shards? 6-stars are meaningless to them, and 15k 7-star shards doesn't really mean that much compared to what they can get elsewhere).

But, I have a huge issue with your statement here. You want Kabam to dictate when a player can and should play BGs, when they already mandate so much? There's already so many things players miss out on if they don't login and play regularly, and you want to add another log to the pile.

I am being facetious here, but in this scenario a high end Valiant will be strongly encouraged to put off Work / Vacation / Doctor's Appointments until the 2nd half of the month, because they have to get to BG GC in the first half of the month so that lower strength players don't feel 'camped' on.
    I cant say that I disagree with what you are saying; but just think about the other option, all the players that aint that big as those Valiants are getting behind just because getting to where you are supposed to be able to get is not rewarding enough.

So we have less players every season that do GC, so we have medium/high GC rank players staying on Diamond or Vibranium just because it is not encouraging enough to get back where they were; which makes late paragons and below have a hard time to where they were able to reach before just because of this; its just the Snorlax on the path but in this case you dont have the flute to make him move.

And is just too annoying, its already obnoxious to have to win 5 times in a row in Vibranium, but playing vs Valiants all the time, winning 3 to 4 times in a row still, and then getting back to 0 wins again, and repeat, back to 3 and all the way down to 0 again, already did that 3 times and man, the players I face are not VT players, not at all, not even Uru ones.

And I understand that they are not willing to put time into something it is not worth to them, but the thing is that their decission affects the other players that are willing to reach whereever they were able to reach.
    Crys23 said:

With how abundant rank up materials are now, especially for Valiants, many players have big decks. And most of those players don't play BGs, outside maybe the objectives. So, you're gonna run into them a lot. You're all competing for same rewards.

The main issue here aint that we want the same rewards, the issue is that they are playing for rewards below their potential; its like having Leo Messi playing vs your 15 year old brothers team; thats not his league, go out to play in the big leagues where you belong; which in this case with be GC medium-high ranks; not VT.

• Options
    Man2thMan2th Posts: 48
    BGs is like a chore. I don’t play it for the competitiveness. I do my alliance minimum - basically to pay my dues. Plus the store was buffed so I embrace that suck more than ever to get the items with the BG tokens.

AQ is in the same boat for the Raids tickets. Add arena minimums to obtain units when I can get some time in do it - which that has dropped off.

I don’t label my progression in BGs or others who are valiant as cheaters for matching up with a smaller account in say week 3 in Diamond Tier. We aren’t BG camping - its called time management to play a mobile game and real life.

I agree with @jcphillips7 opinion. Suggesting our account justifies us to play more BGs is absurd as a solution.
  • Options
    Talking about BGs and rewards and such...
    Remove the alliance event .. its just creates conflict in alliances and to recruit or join an alliance.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★

It's been a slog.

It's crazy.

I hear you.

Where can I see the emojis I have? It seems like I only have 5 emotes. How to get more?
  • Options

@captain_rogers go to the little pen in your profile and at the bottom in equip emotes you can check what ones you have, change them, etc.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,092 ★★★★★
    Thanks @Rayven5220
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

It's been a slog.

It's crazy.

I hear you.

Actually, that was my last fight on my main that night, and I think I got up to get a drink and missed that.

Battle of the Maestros, right? I messed up with Hood against your Maestro and thought I lost that one, but Killmonger came in clutch for me.

I've been stuck in Diamond 1 for a while, so I switched to my Cavalier alt after that match. Had a pretty good run until I ran into a pretty strong Valiant player in Silver 1 (as in: he was wearing the Valiant title).

I know it is no fun to be Cavalier and losing to stacked Valiants. But when you beat one by seven points?

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,265 ★★★★★
    edited March 25

That would actually be a feasible idea. We know that Players push harder for extra Objectives. That would incentivize people to push sooner.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,265 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

It's been a slog.

It's crazy.

I hear you.

Actually, that was my last fight on my main that night, and I think I got up to get a drink and missed that.

Battle of the Maestros, right? I messed up with Hood against your Maestro and thought I lost that one, but Killmonger came in clutch for me.

I've been stuck in Diamond 1 for a while, so I switched to my Cavalier alt after that match. Had a pretty good run until I ran into a pretty strong Valiant player in Silver 1 (as in: he was wearing the Valiant title).

I know it is no fun to be Cavalier and losing to stacked Valiants. But when you beat one by seven points?

You're not exactly the average Cavalier. You have years of experience and knowledge behind that Account. Just saying for context.
  • Options

That would actually be a feasible idea. We know that Players push harder for extra Objectives. That would incentivize people to push sooner.
    Or this a weekly paid out after u hit gc within like 5.5k token and 500 makers could even be less token but that’s wil one make most or at least me try to pushing faster yes for all tier wil be the same but just with a weekly paid of for being in gc
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

It's been a slog.

It's crazy.

I hear you.

You're not exactly the average Cavalier. You have years of experience and knowledge behind that Account. Just saying for context.
    True. Now imagine a world where Cavaliers only matched against other Cavaliers of similar roster strength forever. Who do you think would have a better chance of placing #1: the guy at the top of the leaderboard right now who has to face the strongest monsters on the planet every single day, or me, playing that alt?

"Fair match ups" indeed.

(Actually, the top players in the game would just roll Uncollected alts and destroy everyone else).

I know people don't always ask for such match ups all the way through GC, but if the argument is that such match ups are "fair" then they should always be fair. Either they are fair, and we should always do that, or they are not fair, and the argument that they are fair is wrong.
  • Options
    Matchmaking is not the problem, and it is not the reason of the post, the problem is why the people we are matching is still on VT
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 721 ★★★
    I apologize. But I only do my 3 wins bi-daily until I get to gladiator at the end and then go all our for alliance minimums. I get the frustration. I have 4 r3s and sometimes still get paired with TBs and tbqh I sometimes lose if I get bad rng with draft. So never give up. You never know how matchups will go
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

It's been a slog.

It's crazy.

I hear you.

Haha, yes! For some reason my Venom decided he didn't wanna do anything in the way of causing many bleeds, and decided to just Duke it out with KM....

I thought for sure I had it with Venom but nope, I guess he hadn't sharpened his nails before the match. Lol

The whole time I was thinking "seriously, Venom, just bleed this KM out and we can get a round 3!" And to my dismay, it just never happened.

Worst bleed rng I've ever seen, and now I also see why my r3 km stalls even against some top options for him, he's such a tank!

I hear you about being stuck. I've played a few matches today and it's still been the usual up and down.

I'm starting to see some of those smaller accounts that are complaining. 3 matches in a row I was between 1-1.5 mil rating above them, but then I get matched eith a deck stacked more than mine and yet again, lose.

I've never had such and up and down time in diamond 1 before, it's wild.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

Matchmaking is not the problem, and it is not the reason of the post, the problem is why the people we are matching is still on VT

I think most people have moved on from that, because the premise of your OP, that players are "camping" in VT is something between unsubstantiated and incorrect.

You're matching against relatively strong players in VT because they haven't won enough matches to be in GC. I'm still in VT. I've been stuck in Diamond 1 for over twenty matches now, because my win rate in Diamond is much lower than it has been in previous seasons, because the competition is significantly stronger on average, probably because fewer weaker players are playing, and the stronger players are pacing themselves or starting later in the season.

I'm still here because they are still here. And they are still here because other even stronger players are still here. This trickles down to everyone. No one is "camping" in VT, this is just what VT looks like when the competition to promote is high and the incentive to push is low.

For many seasons I've been preaching the mantra that if the competition is hard, slow down. It gets easier over time as the stronger players promote. But as more and more players catch on to this strategy, the overall effect is for promotion to slow down. That's just how it works.
    Kinda getting tired of repeating myself, can anyone change the word "camp" or "camping" by "staying in VT being able to reach to GC"?
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

I apologize. But I only do my 3 wins bi-daily until I get to gladiator at the end and then go all our for alliance minimums. I get the frustration. I have 4 r3s and sometimes still get paired with TBs and tbqh I sometimes lose if I get bad rng with draft. So never give up. You never know how matchups will go

Its just to much, win 5 times in a row vs Valiant accounts gets kinda stressful, I was only 1 win away to the next Vibranium like 5 times already, and now I lost 8 times in a row, again, just new champs, full R5s, full R2s, and between 2 to 3 R3s; and Kabam's best idea is to put a single 7* into 3 seasons in a row in GC? Dude, that effort is worth at least 1 new 7* each Season; god damn.