**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Double Medium Parry: Permanent Feature?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 194 ★★
    edited March 27
    Greekhit said:

ahmynuts said:

We also should talk about getting parried when hitting into a defenders block. It happend to me in war multiple times yesterday and cost deaths

That happens because AI doesn’t hold block consistently when you hit them on block like it always used to, but instead spams blocks during your combo into their blocks.
    That block/release/block sequence may end up in a well timed block that gets you parried.
    In other words, AI is able to reparry now 😂
    This is also the reason that you can't push defenders into other modes like Nightcrawler, Photon and others

Also this wasn't on the old nightcrawler so possibly something to do with new champion kits?
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

@DarkNightRise joking aside, the introduction of content that renders certain champs problematic because of a bug starts to feel like an exploit of that same bug.

That’s what frustrates me—not saying it’s intentional, but knowingly dropping content that either requires striking block or grants defenders parry without making some allowance for a known double medium bug doesn’t square with how I believe the team wants the game to operate.

Dr. Zola

To me, there are times where the design of things feels more like that South Park episode where everyone just buries their heads in the sand rather than addressing/acknowledging the situation at hand.

There seems to be an overarching philosophy that bugs shouldn’t influence design, in any conceivable way… which I agree is probably best 90% of the time. Bugs will happen and they will go away (maybe) so you don’t wanna be stuck with an inferior design because of a temporary bug. I can especially see this philosophy being important in champion kit designs. For example, Nick’s design never includes his LMD because of its bugs… Nick would be an inferior product without it so this approach has benefits.

But there are circumstances like the current Magic Thief meta, where I just seems like this philosophy is overly rigid in its application. Especially because at the end of the day metas like this are as temporary as the bug if not more so. So to me this is where the philosophy becomes problematic. Temporary content should be mindful of the state of the game, inclusive of known bugged gameplay interactions. If parry isn’t working optimally, we shouldn’t be asked to parry in an AW or BGs meta, if instructing us to hit the block gets us parried that’s a poor design.

And I get that bugs may just simply occur at suboptimal times, or may not even be known… but with Magic Thief that isn’t the case. Yes, the initial design of the meta did not include tapping the block, but as soon as that was introduced any champion with a double medium should have been pulled as quickly ad new champs were added as those champions are no longer tactic friendly because of the bug. This becomes more and more true with every tier because at the higher tiers tapping the block is more important.
  • Options

DrZola said:

With the addition of AW nodes and full mastery defenders in Showcase to the already frustrating experience with double mediums in BGs, I think it’s fair to ask whether this is just something we are tacitly being asked to get used to.

The bug regrettably afflicts some top end attackers (Cat and Silk and Werewolf at top of my list). Introduction of timed or competitive content that disadvantages double medium attackers makes it feel like the bug isn’t really a consideration.

If the double medium parry can’t be fixed, I’d respectfully ask for a statement to that effect as well as some effort to ameliorate the issue. Perhaps refraining from releasing champs with MM hits would also be a good idea.

There have been multiple threads over months—with little to no response. I think it would be appreciated if the team would be open about the prospects for a fix.

Dr. Zola

On behalf on @Kabam Miike, let me answer it for you.
    This is a bug we already acknowledged, however it requires much more work behind, thus we don’t have a timeline to fix it yet. At the meantime, please be familiar with it, in other words, just accept the current situation of the game. We only share when if we have something to share, if not, we will keep silent as usual.

Does this sound like him guys?
    This is uncalled for.
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 81
    DrZola said:

@DarkNightRise joking aside, the introduction of content that renders certain champs problematic because of a bug starts to feel like an exploit of that same bug.

That’s what frustrates me—not saying it’s intentional, but knowingly dropping content that either requires striking block or grants defenders parry without making some allowance for a known double medium bug doesn’t square with how I believe the team wants the game to operate.

Dr. Zola

Yep the thing is this bug only harm to players, not Kabam, in their definition, it means NO URGENT. Let me be frankly like this, there are very little to no more new players in this game this period, all of the end-game players in fact in an certain addicted level and Kabam knows it. For me personally, until Iast year, I eas always in very competitive level in Tier 1 War with occasional spending. This year, regarding the ridiculous stage of this game and the way Kabam disrespect their customers, I totally move to F2P and I consider it a big win for myself. I’m not stress about any bug from them anymore, just enjoy the game as-is and enjoy some new powerful champs like Onslaught 😄
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Zero comment on this from team.

So…is this simply the state of the game now? Has the team quit on trying to rectify the double medium issue?

Communicate. Simple request.

Dr. Zola

Lol classic Kabam
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

So…is this simply the state of the game now? Has the team quit on trying to rectify the double medium issue?

Dr. Zola

Lol classic Kabam
    To be fair, the team did say something about it back on 20th of February. See below:

However, given that Showcase and BGs and AW all continue to present issues for double medium champs, and much of that content was introduced after the February post, I’d like to think we were owed something other than a general “trust us we said we were working on it” comment.

It’s disappointing for sure. It has cost me a few revives as well as a few BGs fights. Hopefully, those are resources that count as relevant to the team.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Lol classic Kabam
    To be fair, the team did say something about it back on 20th of February. See below:

However, given that Showcase and BGs and AW all continue to present issues for double medium champs, and much of that content was introduced after the February post, I’d like to think we were owed something other than a general “trust us we said we were working on it” comment.

It’s disappointing for sure. It has cost me a few revives as well as a few BGs fights. Hopefully, those are resources that count as relevant to the team.

Dr. Zola
    And they remove the revive spamming at a very appropriate time! Is it a coincidence when at the same time with those input/AI bugs?
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    edited April 4

DrZola said:

With the addition of AW nodes and full mastery defenders in Showcase to the already frustrating experience with double mediums in BGs, I think it’s fair to ask whether this is just something we are tacitly being asked to get used to.

The bug regrettably afflicts some top end attackers (Cat and Silk and Werewolf at top of my list). Introduction of timed or competitive content that disadvantages double medium attackers makes it feel like the bug isn’t really a consideration.

If the double medium parry can’t be fixed, I’d respectfully ask for a statement to that effect as well as some effort to ameliorate the issue. Perhaps refraining from releasing champs with MM hits would also be a good idea.

There have been multiple threads over months—with little to no response. I think it would be appreciated if the team would be open about the prospects for a fix.

Dr. Zola

On behalf on @Kabam Miike, let me answer it for you.
    This is a bug we already acknowledged, however it requires much more work behind, thus we don’t have a timeline to fix it yet. At the meantime, please be familiar with it, in other words, just accept the current situation of the game. We only share when if we have something to share, if not, we will keep silent as usual.

Does this sound like him guys?
    This is uncalled for.
    Is it , considering the pretty apathetic attitude towards bug reports over the last two years ? I think it’s an adequate although sardonic representation of how things are now.

Is this bug even mentioned on the trello board ?
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    All of this, plus the AI specials being on crack. I was doing a fight against Gorr. When he threw his Sp, it was unusually faster than what it normally is. Here's a split vid of 2 different fights with Gorr. Bittom vid shows his Sp at normal speed. Top vid, his special sped up and ended faster than it did in the bottom vid. I'm stil trying to get answers for this.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5SqO3oPiBh0?si=CHH_jY8M89LbLxN0
  • Options
    And Kabam got the nerve to nerf the revive farm when we're still dealing with all of this abyssmal issues. They want us to spend money on revives.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Yeah I guess it’s just a permanent feature now along with using strikers at your own risk. It’s like a 50% shot a striker gets auto blocked now
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Yeah I guess it’s just a permanent feature now along with using strikers at your own risk. It’s like a 50% shot a striker gets auto blocked now

Then that auto block turns into an immediate counter and open window of opportunity for your champ to catch a 5 hit K.O
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

All of this, plus the AI specials being on crack. I was doing a fight against Gorr. When he threw his Sp, it was unusually faster than what it normally is. Here's a split vid of 2 different fights with Gorr. Bittom vid shows his Sp at normal speed. Top vid, his special sped up and ended faster than it did in the bottom vid. I'm stil trying to get answers for this.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5SqO3oPiBh0?si=CHH_jY8M89LbLxN0

I believe a lot of it is simply the frame rate being rendered erratically.

I’m beginning to think my experience isn’t all that unique—it’s just that I’m very vocal about it. But the lag or hyperspeed I encounter sounds like variations of other complaints.

Often my fights *feel* like a turn-based game rather than a dynamic, real time game.

In what was perhaps the easiest WoW fight, I struggled against Hulkling primarily because it felt like he was able to move first, and then I could take my turn and try to move away.

His specials seemed to sweep across the screen not because they actually did, but because my ability to counter was compromised by slow input response—something colloquially called “lag,” although that term can mean many things. I didn’t have that issue when I faced him first time a few weeks ago.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Then that auto block turns into an immediate counter and open window of opportunity for your champ to catch a 5 hit K.O
    Just like how the defender recovers faster than your champion from yours as well as their special attacks so that they can combo you into the shadow realm
  • Options
    i13i13 Posts: 89
    I’m always dying from being intercepted randomly during my dash medium 1.

I prefer being aggressive and pushing forward, but lately all I can do is hang back….

4 hit combo…
    Hang back till they do a special
    4 hit combo again…
    Wait to intercept….
    4 hit combo…
    Hold back again…
    Repeat repeat…

I never use a second medium on blocks, you’re basically giving a free hit.

Never use a second medium on silk if your going to use a heavy straight after…
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 680 ★★★
    i13 said:

I’m always dying from being intercepted randomly during my dash medium 1.

I prefer being aggressive and pushing forward, but lately all I can do is hang back….

4 hit combo…
    Hang back till they do a special
    4 hit combo again…
    Wait to intercept….
    4 hit combo…
    Hold back again…
    Repeat repeat…

I never use a second medium on blocks, you’re basically giving a free hit.

Never use a second medium on silk if your going to use a heavy straight after…

The slight problem is that part of the current AW tactic, you kind of have to hit into block with Light.

Like other said, if a double Medium, follow by Light into block guarantee being Parried. With some of the best Magica champs having double Medium.

So essentially, there a bug being going for months (at this rate might be year, I remember this happening with Tigra too way back), and while Kabam "trying" to fix it, Kabam also created a tactic that force players to play into this trapped bug.

This does scream out poorly design.
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 692 ★★★

Quicksilver is so fun...

You never knew when you get parried in mid of combo, it's always a gamble🥰

I think you just suck at playing him. I have no issues with him.