**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is the Science class too powerful?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,072 ★★★★
edited March 31 in General Discussion
For me, I think Science is currently the best class, with very few exceptions (Hercules being one). You have Titania who can take no damage for a period of time and can end fights in 40 seconds or less, Silk, who is one of the best attackers and can end fights in around the same time, Hulk who can stun cheese most defenders, Torch, the best mystic and energy matchup slayer, and so many more.
Watch this video here and answer the question, is Science too unbalanced? If so, what's the solution? Ex: Nerfing these top tier science champs, or releasing new defenders that hard counter them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnsJaHKi2A

Is the Science class too powerful? 121 votes

Yes
23%
Talha305RajaPIKESTAINUsquebathSyndicateddfmoore26SCP1504captain_rogersItsClobberinTimeDisthene_TH3t3rThe_Doctor_24_1Jack2634Sceptilemaniac2JT_SupremeUltragamerGrassKnucklesOliver345781PriyabrataSpartanGhostJJMAC 28 votes
No
63%
MagicBentonSpity68zuffyNanoDroidFeeney234CazVegeta9001KossukoseFoxhero007AspenMqc19NojokejaymcfpreludeCassyGarloGaudyGMoneyAleorIKONRockypantherxpeixemacaco 77 votes
Maybe
13%
phillgreenmbraceBugmat78Batman1234JounaaPeeAOLOGMadGodOryxFr4s3rLickyStertslDab_westAzureLegend_WriterLopsNightheartThe_Lokí 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Posts: 132 ★★
    No
    Sort fights sure, but the the champs who are good in short fights at times struggle with high hp pool bosses.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,157 ★★★★★
    Yes

Sort fights sure, but the the champs who are good in short fights at times struggle with high hp pool bosses.

All the science champs mentioned in the video can take 600k-700k health pools with zero issues except for Luke Cage and maybe Red Guardian.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 1,014 ★★★
    Every class has their time in the sun. Ask people how good the science class was before Dec 2017/Jan 2018
  • Options
    Yes

Even Titania and Silk can take high health pools, when they are mostly designed for war and battlegrounds
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,706 ★★★★★
    Yes
    gohard123 said:

Every class has their time in the sun. Ask people how good the science class was before Dec 2017/Jan 2018

Except tech class
  • Options
    Yes
    Also let me say one thing, Ham is actually the most fastest science killer in bgs if equipped with a relic. I have r2 ham and r2 titania, and ham always ends the fight faster than titania.

Ham is fast attacker then any other character cuz he deals direct damage unlike other Science champ who rely on physical/energy damage which can be resisted. I once killed a r5 ascended doom in 23 sec with ham 7* r2
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Yes

gohard123 said:

Except tech class
    Tech had the Ghost era, back when ghost was considered the most broken champion in the game
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,217 ★★★★★
    edited March 31
    No
    EdisonLaw said:

If so, what's the solution? Ex: Nerfing these top tier science champs, or releasing new defenders that hard counter them?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnsJaHKi2A

What's up with new found kink of "nerf this nerf that" from community MEMEbers?
    We get good OP attackers in 4 months or so but even then some gets tuned down, but that's not enough, MORE NERF.
    Think before writing stuff.
  • Options
    Yes

gohard123 said:

Except tech class
    Tech had the Ghost era, back when ghost was considered the most broken champion in the game
    Even in ghost era, tech wasn't considered the broken class cuz, it's only ghost, other champs are very mid, sparky was good, that's it.

Even in those times, mutants and cosmic ruled it with corvus glaive and domino/omega red and archangel
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,649 ★★★★★
    No
    Except Skill is almost equally as strong or minimally for every OP science champ there is a skill counter available that shuts it down. This isn’t the same as when Mutant Class dominated and Tech really didn’t have abilities to counter them.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,104 ★★★★★
    No
    We still need the Science class to have their own Galan and Apoc to up their game

Still waiting for The High Evolutionary
  • Options
    Yes

We still need the Science class to have their own Galan and Apoc to up their game

Mr fantastic exists
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,649 ★★★★★
    No
    The only reasonable take here is that’s 7star releases have greatly favored science and the fix is simple. Release better quality champs from the other classes as 7s.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,540 ★★★★★
    No
    First off cosmic is the best

Second off You didn't even mention the best science champ scorpion
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,104 ★★★★★
    No

Mr fantastic exists
    He's more like the Odin of the science class tho, not Galan nor Apoc
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,544 ★★★★★
    edited March 31
    It’s not too powerful in the sense that they need to be nerfed, just less focused on. We’ve gotten to a point where science consistently has fantastic champs and there are very few that haven’t been buffed to be viable in some capacity

Within the last year, we’ve had Silk, Photon, Hulk buff, RG buff, Luke buff, and now Punk. I play battlegrounds in higher tiers and mystic defenders do absolutely nothing for me most of the time now. If I draft Rinrah or Mangog, they’ll have one of the champs I mentioned above, or Titania, Negative, Ham, Overseer, Scorp, or other science nukes that’ll just run them over in less than a minute. Not to mention champs like Titania also hard counter Korg and Attuma lol
  • Options
    Yes
    Emilia90 said:

It’s not too powerful in the sense that they need to be nerfed, just less focused on. We’ve gotten to a point where science consistently has fantastic champs and there are very few that haven’t been buffed to be viable in some capacity

Within the last year, we’ve had Silk, Photon, Hulk buff, RG buff, Luke buff, and now Punk. I play battlegrounds in higher tiers and mystic defenders do absolutely nothing for me most of the time now. If I draft Rinrah or Mangog, they’ll have one of the champs I mentioned above, or Titania, Negative, Ham, Overseer, Scorp, or other science nukes that’ll just run them over in less than a minute. Not to mention champs like Titania also hard counter Korg and Attuma lol

Overseer is a bg nuke? Nah I don't think so, he is too slow for me in bgs. He shines in questing specifically
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,544 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Overseer is a bg nuke? Nah I don't think so, he is too slow for me in bgs. He shines in questing specifically
    Yeah not nearly as good as the others I mentioned, but my r1 overseer still puts in a lot of work. He’s pretty sustainable and he puts up decent times tbh. When the meta benefits him (like power gain) he goes crazy though
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,583 ★★★★★
    No
    This post could just as easily be for cosmic class.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 486 ★★★
    Yes
    BigBlueOx said:

The only reasonable take here is that’s 7star releases have greatly favored science and the fix is simple. Release better quality champs from the other classes as 7s.

That’s definitely not the issue we got scorp who isn’t a 7*, Cassie, torch, and red guardian. There’s even more that are good that are 6* locked it’s the thing that science champs are just so good and some don’t get attention cause other science champs dominate the competition
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 486 ★★★
    Yes
    BeastDad said:

This post could just as easily be for cosmic class.

Not really cosmic isn’t that stacked without its top tier champs a lot of the rest are just ok
  • Options
    NorthstarrNorthstarr Posts: 24
    Dunno if Science Class is OP versus Cosmic and Tech
    but the Skill Class is awfull IMO.

Kingpin, Nick Fury ... always the same and I really hate them.

No love for Moonknight, they killed Kraven...
    I really hope for great new Skill Champ in the future, I think we gonna have 2 or 3 more this years...
  • Options
    Yes
    BigBlueOx said:

Yes and remove Venom the Duck from the 7 star basic pool and add him back in once he’s buffed
  • Options
    Yes

Dunno if Science Class is OP versus Cosmic and Tech
    but the Skill Class is awfull IMO.

Kingpin, Nick Fury ... always the same and I really hate them.

No love for Moonknight, they killed Kraven...
    I really hope for great new Skill Champ in the future, I think we gonna have 2 or 3 more this years...

We had a great skill champ last year with Kate, and also Aegon’s popularity rose thanks to Necropolis
  • Options
    Yes

Emilia90 said:

In matchups where he’s duped and can ramp fast like against poison or nullify champs, he does shine