Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Member Posts: 41
    edited April 3
    don't know how to fix
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★
    Well my guess is the compensation only came up because the top alliances started doing what everyone else was doing. 1 loyalty wars. Lost income if people aren’t spending to buy heals
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    There really isnt any way to be constructive when a decision has been taken. There has been times where mistakes happen and even the tone of communication was different and there was some hope. This is not one of them. Just bite the bullet like we have done many times before, and play the game knowing that sometimes they just don't care or are not allowed to care.
    Things like this make the community not really care about the community anymore. This does not affect players individually., it affects alliances as a whole. The ammount of recruiting posts and looking for alliance that are going on in the forum and multiple discords is completely unusual for this time in the season. Things like this break alliances apart and makes enjoying every aspect of the game impossible.
    They have their distraction for the players comming soon. 8.4 is comming and all this will be forgotten.
  • SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Member Posts: 355 ★★

Well my guess is the compensation only came up because the top alliances started doing what everyone else was doing. 1 loyalty wars. Lost income if people aren’t spending to buy heals

If the idea is to keep top war spenders happy it won’t accomplish it with loyalty.

The point being made in comments above is that podium and master top 10/20 ranks are going to be artificially altered at season end in a way that wasn’t earned with this war cancellation.

Extra loyalty will not solve anything
  • BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Member Posts: 167 ★★
    edited April 3
    Extra loyalty and 6k 7* shards is peanuts compared to what a change in placement bracket can do. It’s just poorly thought out not even considering the effort it takes to EARN your rank. @Midnightfox
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Member Posts: 173

Point adjustment won’t do anything at this point because two wars have passed and the result of war 7 affected matches in war 8 (easier / harder based on loss / win) and that in turn affected matches in war 9.

It’s too late to undo now and it is honestly way too late to cancel war 7.

Just bump rewards up a tier, don’t cancel any wars at this point.

Alliances that are going to be robbed of a win they earned in war 7 are now possibly losing a higher tier of rewards (random punishment just because a win happened in war 7)

Some alliances have a war 7 loss cancelled where they legitimately lost (random bonus for them which wasn’t earned in any way)

Make it right without punishing higher tier alliances

Bumping rewards up a tier would make sense , I agree there. And fair points about adjusting points now.

At least the what ifs can be erased with reward tier bump.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    My alliance or me :D is currently at low rank in Silver 2. Trying to hang on in the bracket for three more Wars.

The alliance lost on diversity points but won War #7.

I don't play War alot and this is certainly not the first time Game developer cancelled War or reduced the number of Wars qualifying for Season rewards.

And the attack phase is now almost two full days.

So, why no decision was taken immediately once the diversity points issue was known?

There could be debate that War issues is to be managed case-by-case, but for this specific issue is there no standard protocol for call to action? Maybe inaction is action itself.

It could have been a small 🕳️ , but now it gets bigger and bigger.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Kabam will check your comments next morning with hangover

You can stop your passive aggressive comments. Please stay consturctive, there are a lot of pissed folks (including myself), but comments like this do not help.
    In the past 4 weeks, a lot of players gave constructive feedbacks, including myself, where are we now?
    Kabam should have canceled the season last week, as many of us suggested, but Kabam didn’t and now you are ask me to be constructive again, even I know Kabam wouldn’t listen at all?

So your solution is be as nasty as possible? This solution has made nobody happy and being nasty about it does absolutely no good.
    @PIKESTAIN yeah idk if they truly thought this was the best idea or if they just didn’t wanna deal with all the 87618 moving parts and problems with this season as a whole. They are definitely trying to be very very cautious with their next post. Trying to see if they can possible dig themselves out of the hole.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

@PIKESTAIN yeah idk if they truly thought this was the best idea or if they just didn’t wanna deal with all the 87618 moving parts and problems with this season as a whole. They are definitely trying to be very very cautious with their next post. Trying to see if they can possible dig themselves out of the hole.

If moving parts was an issue, they shouldn't have made any changes mid season.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★
    No reason to target me @BettaLucNxtTime i agree. My alliance will likely drop out of where we were in platinum due to this. I’m just as irritated as the rest at what their “compensation” is. Things like this are killing the morale of alliances and honestly as much as we all love marvel most of us old timers(I’ve been playing since launch day) stay playing because of the friends we have made within our alliances. If their goal is to kill the game they are on target.

If moving parts was an issue, they shouldn't have made any changes mid season.
    I agree. I’m just trying to understand why they thought this was best or if they just don’t care lol.

No reason to target me @BettaLucNxtTime i agree. My alliance will likely drop out of where we were in platinum due to this. I’m just as irritated as the rest at what their “compensation” is. Things like this are killing the morale of alliances and honestly as much as we all love marvel most of us old timers(I’ve been playing since launch day) stay playing because of the friends we have made within our alliances. If their goal is to kill the game they are on target.

Not meaning to target at all. I’m just saying that If compensation to make us forget was their goal, it was very very poor compensation lol
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

You can stop your passive aggressive comments. Please stay consturctive, there are a lot of pissed folks (including myself), but comments like this do not help.
    In the past 4 weeks, a lot of players gave constructive feedbacks, including myself, where are we now?
    Kabam should have canceled the season last week, as many of us suggested, but Kabam didn’t and now you are ask me to be constructive again, even I know Kabam wouldn’t listen at all?

So your solution is be as nasty as possible? This solution has made nobody happy and being nasty about it does absolutely no good.
    Tell me, if Kabam canceled the season last wednesday and gave out the compensation, how can it be worse than now?

The reality is, everyone hates the current situation because Kabam didn't cancel it last Wednesday, which is the only window to make it correct.

Don't ask me about constructive feedbacks anymore, as I said, it is too late! At this point, there is no solution anymore, just suck it up.

Being passive aggressive does nothing to help the situation, in here and in RL.
    Showing comments from the forums and feedback is what Guardians do. Your comments aren't helpful in that regard.

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Tell me, if Kabam canceled the season last wednesday and gave out the compensation, how can it be worse than now?

The reality is, everyone hates the current situation because Kabam didn't cancel it last Wednesday, which is the only window to make it correct.

Don't ask me about constructive feedbacks anymore, as I said, it is too late! At this point, there is no solution anymore, just suck it up.

Ignore this guy. He’s a forum hero who always does this under every post lol. Constructive does nothing. I screamed for over a month before they finally acknowledged the raids war defense placement bug. And they didn’t even issue an apology or anything. Last season we got bumped out of top 10 because of it and it got brushed under the rug like we expected it to be. They have absolutely BUTCHERED this season beyond no end. There’s no remedy but they picked the worst possible solution.
    Again, as said above, being nasty does absolutely nothing. Are you Luca from DSVG?
    PIKESTAIN said:

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

I get his frustration though. Being constructive hasn't worked. Being stern hasn't worked. Nothing has worked. I feel for Jax but communication has also been awful. "We're doing this, live with it" and not really explaining the thoughts/process/etc. This is the headache they have created and continue to mishandle it. Hopefully things change, but I completely understand everyone's frustations.
    Which I understand, we also play this game. I'm a player in the game just like everyone else lol.
  • UnitmanUnitman Member Posts: 241 ★★
    My alliance and I mostly play for AW. This season has been so annoying and more of a chore than anything.
    It’s like nobody really considered how limited some of the options would be.
    I know the idea was to get people to buy more potions and hopefully units with real money but this has just sucked and a lot of players are “taking a break” from the game as soon as the season is over.

I would really suggest playtesting or running pre-season aw’s with battle groups of content creators from your discord. You guys would get a war exposure / YouTube views and the game would be play tested a bit to see if there are any glaring issues.

• ShinyyoungsterShinyyoungster Member Posts: 13
    It’s clear to me and many others that this ‘compensation’ approach (and value) just simply isn’t good enough. Like many others, I’ll play until end of season whatever they do, but for my alliance mates not for the ‘fun’ that aw used to be. Whether I bother with aw beyond that will, to a great extent, depend on whether Kabam recognise the issues and do something to fix it. Like cancelling the season and giving it up as the deadest of dogs as it is.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,280 Guardian

Do you have a better solution?

YES there is a simple one. That for the most part goes a long way towards being fair, and then with any Compensation to smooth over the nuanced finer points of being in different Tier Multiplier, etc, for succeeding wars.

SOLUTION: They should be able to easily re-adjust Season Total for that War #7 Diversity Points back to be 30x for that war, like they were supposed to.
    And re-adjust any “Win” points to an alliance that initially lost but that should have won.

Being at 270 during that war didn’t affect how people played that war, because you didn’t know it was gonna incorrectly start applying on that war.

Just revert the points back to 30x for that war, and proceed with rest of season (with War #8 now correctly being the first war that the 270x started).
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 752 ★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

there's an ecosystem to war now that makes reversal very slow:

-SAGA rewards that involve sig stones and rankup materials
    -AW tags that use the above materials and may later be involved in SHOWCASE content
    -war specific featured crystals for sale (xmagica crystals)
    -trophy champions given to top players

these structures involve money, economy, and probably have strict schedules and timelines that didn't exist before. i think it's why they're forcing the season instead of cancelling it. it's giant slow moving boulder now which is not good for players when issues come up...

If that’s the case, please launch sagas into the sun.
    they just announced a BG season dedicated to magic thief/xmagica. there's a giant machine behind it now and we're stuck.
    Operation distract from the war mess by announcing 8.4 rewards is a go
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 752 ★★★★

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

he's just frustrated and when constructive feedback does nothing, some air out their frustrations.

we've been saying since the first or second pre-season war that magic thief combined with the other layers of the mode is broken and it's fallen on deaf ears. we saw some changes but too little too late and next season is going to be issues with the blacklist as well which again points to the point the fact that the tags are too restrictive even after adding more champs and or there's an issue with the ban system in the second season of a global that removes 5 global attackers from being used.

we've been saying this for a while but what difference does make?
  • PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Member Posts: 186 ★★

Operation distract from the war mess by announcing 8.4 rewards is a go

Yep. Brilliant move. Hoping people forget about this to get excited about rewards
  • LPtheArtist_666LPtheArtist_666 Member Posts: 10

Do you have a better solution?

YES there is a simple one. That for the most part goes a long way towards being fair, and then with any Compensation to smooth over the nuanced finer points of being in different Tier Multiplier, etc, for succeeding wars.

SOLUTION: They should be able to easily re-adjust Season Total for that War #7 Diversity Points back to be 30x for that war, like they were supposed to.
    And re-adjust any “Win” points to an alliance that initially lost but that should have won.

Being at 270 during that war didn’t affect how people played that war, because you didn’t know it was gonna incorrectly start applying on that war.

Just revert the points back to 30x for that war, and proceed with rest of season (with War #8 now correctly being the first war that the 270x started).
    ... purely theoretically.
    Similar experiences in the past have shown us that for Kabam (due to the complexity of the operations) this solution is not viable and it is preferable to delete the single war (without even acting on the rating)... history teaches those who want to learn
This discussion has been closed.