Options

7R3 Debate

A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
So with WoW concluding I have enough to do a 3rd 7R3, since I begrudgingly spent the units on cyber weekend.

I have the materials for Bishop and Maestro/Terrax.

My 2 R3s are Hulk and Shuri.

- I think Bishop is a great 2 way champ, awesome for BGs.

- Maestro is lackluster on offense, unless I have missed something, but a true pain on defense without a specific counter and skilled game play to avoid that sp1 (that 3rd beam still gets me about half the time somehow).

- I actually use Terrax on AW attack frequently since I run lane 3. He's okay on defense too, but I still think he is underrated as an attacker by most.

I am being patient on this until 8.4 drops and I explore it. Because I know if I pull the trigger, I am getting that class gem.

Who's the best bang for the buck in your opinion?

7R3 Debate 123 votes

Bishop
80%
BigPoppaCBONESecondSkrillerTendersquadBigTuna_2054CazRagnarok13Vegeta9001MagrailothosakanakanCropDusterExHavokNojokejaymLongshot_33BluestoneHendrossZsirhcZMigginslyRayven5220AleorColinwhitworth69 99 votes
Maestro
14%
RockSlydeRockyshockyAngusMac279Josh2507ThePredator1001Salve_maker05Superstar_1126TribalChiefSleepyBear21ManbatnSunstar19Dab_westKLZGuest120193746239MarvelNoobSamanunGusAr418AcidBurn404 18 votes
Terrax
4%
Erza_ScarletpeixemacacoWhoDaPoo13579rebel_hyp3r05doggy 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Wait
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,726 ★★★★
    Bishop
    I’d wait, but if really want to go sooner vs later Bishop
  • Options
    Ben_15455Ben_15455 Posts: 253
    Bishop
    It's Bishop or wait for 8.4 to come out
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    Bishop
    Wait, and go for bish
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    Bishop
    Bishop for all the reasons you stated.
  • Options
    hyp3r05hyp3r05 Posts: 69
    Terrax
    He may not be the popular choice. But the space rock man is fun to play.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,998 ★★★★
    Bishop

Bishop is OG Ironman food. Definitely maestro out of those 3

Sasquatch is Luke Cage food, Mephisto is torch food, Photon is mantis food
  • Options
    Bishop
    @A_Fungi Maestro isn’t the best on attack but he can do a lot, he has a lot of utility such as rare triple immunity set, doesn’t rely on buffs, and he hits harder against tech champs

@ThePredator1001
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    Bishop

There are more hard counters to Maestro than there are hard counters to bishop. I personally vote Bishop because if you don't have a counter, then you can get hecked over by a defensive bishop, as well as bishop being a great attacker too. Maestro is a decent defender, but will be fairly useless to you if the opponent drafts a counter.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 182 ★★
    edited April 5
    Bishop
    Assuming you don't get a gem for either, I'd go Bishop over Maestro. Maestro over Terrax.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Bishop

Maestro is sorcerer supreme food, r3 can get taken down in a minute with no health lost.
  • Options
    Bondor16Bondor16 Posts: 16
    Bishop
    I always focus on offense oriented champs. Content clearing stuff.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Bishop
    From that list, Bishop - right now I am debating between him and Domino for r3...
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 721 ★★★
    Bishop
    Bishop from the list. Wait if you are going to 100% 8.4 next week
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Bishop
    Bishop and it's not even close, though I'd probably hold off until next week just in case.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 753 ★★★
    Bishop
    bishop is a really solid rank up. But if you have him at r3 and the opponent either have him at 7r1 or not having him in their deck he is a perma. One of the best dual threat in BG and AW. Highly suggest just ranking him up

Btw, r3 maestro is a very safe rank up tbh, most players have him at r2 and high chance they won't spend a ban on him
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 753 ★★★
    Bishop

and r2 jugg can take r3 maestro in 30-40 seconds so what's your point lol
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,393 ★★★★★
    Bishop
    On the whole, I'd go Bishop - he was my first r3, too.

Interesting to see Terrax even in the mix there - I use him sometimes in AQ, too; he can do most of the fights Hulkling/Galan can do; plus Bleed/Shock paths.

He's definitely underrated as an attacker; and in fights where you can spam between SP3/SP2s, he gets really fun. I'd be interested to see a damage comparison between Terrax and Maestro, used by someone who knows what they're doing...
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 660 ★★★
    Maestro
    As others have said I’d hold off till after you explore act 8. It would be unfortunate to use catalysts on Bishop only to pull a 7* R3 mutant gem.

And while Maestro is definitely defensively focused, don’t sleep on his offensive capabilities. The triple immunities let him take a lot of fights other champs just can’t do. He’s a cosmic that actually gets stronger when you nullify his buffs, and his buffs also can’t have their ability accuracy reduced. The glancing all basic attacks is very underrated offensively. Effects that trigger on the opponents basic attacks just get turned off. For example you can parry Hulkling and he won’t get the pierce buffs. Also you can eat a combo and lose very little health. Lastly his damage isn’t bad at all, it’s definitely nothing crazy but it certainly isn’t bad. If he’s awakened or it’s a matched like Hazard shift where you’re constantly triggering one of his debuff immunities he can stay ramped almost indefinitely.
    Without the dupe his damage will feel quite abit weaker. But the devs said they were discussing ways
    To awaken him, and if nothing else he’s a great AG candidate since you’ll never dupe him from a crystal.

I have a R3 bishop and he’s a monster dual threat, probably the wiser choice to rank up, but just thought I’d share abit on Maestro’s offensive capabilities since he’s very slept on in that way.
  • Options
    Bishop

As others have said I’d hold off till after you explore act 8. It would be unfortunate to use catalysts on Bishop only to pull a 7* R3 mutant gem.

And while Maestro is definitely defensively focused, don’t sleep on his offensive capabilities. The triple immunities let him take a lot of fights other champs just can’t do. He’s a cosmic that actually gets stronger when you nullify his buffs, and his buffs also can’t have their ability accuracy reduced. The glancing all basic attacks is very underrated offensively. Effects that trigger on the opponents basic attacks just get turned off. For example you can parry Hulkling and he won’t get the pierce buffs. Also you can eat a combo and lose very little health. Lastly his damage isn’t bad at all, it’s definitely nothing crazy but it certainly isn’t bad. If he’s awakened or it’s a matched like Hazard shift where you’re constantly triggering one of his debuff immunities he can stay ramped almost indefinitely.
    Without the dupe his damage will feel quite abit weaker. But the devs said they were discussing ways
    To awaken him, and if nothing else he’s a great AG candidate since you’ll never dupe him from a crystal.

I have a R3 bishop and he’s a monster dual threat, probably the wiser choice to rank up, but just thought I’d share abit on Maestro’s offensive capabilities since he’s very slept on in that way.

Also against Gorr, he can’t apply his debuffs into block. Kinetic transference and bubble shield you can also ignore as well. Also that node (whenever you parry you get a disorient, super annoying). Combining his glancing with his massive health pool and you have one of the tankiest champs in the game.