Options

problem in arena crystals

the other day i opened about 16 arena crystals, i got no units which is just impossible since there is a 15% chance of getting units.
in my case i had a 240% chance which means i should have atleast gotten 60 units. Idk whether its a bug or the rng is just trash but pls fix it asap.

Comments

• Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 164
    There's a 15% each time you open a crystal. You still only have a 15% chance out of the 16 crystals.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 402 ★★★
    That's not how math works. A coin has a 50% chance to land heads or tails, but you can still flip the same thing twice in a row. Every flip is independent of all the others, just as every crystal is unaffected by all previous. With 16 chances at 15% it comes out to about 92.6% chance of getting units once. Missing units on all of them is unlikely, but still more likely than rolling a 12 with 2 dice
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,087 ★★★★★
    This has to be a coordinated attack on the forums of people who are just pretending to be really really bad at math. Right guys? No way there's this many people. Right? 👀
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Tin Foil Hat season, gotta go get me a roll.
  • Options
    Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Posts: 54
    Mr_hecker said:

the other day i opened about 16 arena crystals, i got no units which is just impossible since there is a 15% chance of getting units.
    in my case i had a 240% chance which means i should have atleast gotten 60 units. Idk whether its a bug or the rng is just trash but pls fix it asap.

True. Go get your compensation. 👀
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,712 Guardian
    Only 3 different threads about “MATH” in the last couple days 😀
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,178 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

This has to be a coordinated attack on the forums of people who are just pretending to be really really bad at math. Right guys? No way there's this many people. Right? 👀

Holiday season in the US ?
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    I just love that his statistics knowledge told him to take 15% x (number of crystals) and that is your percentage chance to get units

Great education system
  • Options
    i13i13 Posts: 89
    You think that’s bad.

The Cav crystals have a 3% chance to get a 6*

You’re more likely to get hit by a bus on a bank holiday 🤣🤣
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,267 ★★★★★
    Percentages don't stack. Each Crystal is a 15% chance, and that's just as true for opening 100 as it is for opening one.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian
    Mr_hecker said:

15% chance to drop units is not the same thing as 15% of all crystals will contain units. How many units do you expect one arena crystal to contain?

Another way to look at it is a coin flip is supposed to be 50% chance to get heads. Do you expect coin flips to alternate heads tails heads tails heads tails? That's the only way for 50% of flips to be heads.

Each crystal has a 15% chance to drop units. That means on average 15 out of every 100 crystals will contain units. But it could be 14, or 10, or 19, because random chance means you will see variations from the average.

Imagine we are just flipping coins rather than opening arena crystals, just to make life simple. There are exactly two ways for a coin to land when you flip it once: Heads or Tails. If you flip it twice, there are four possibilities: HH, HT, TH, TT. If the coin is actually random and fair, all four possibilities should be equally likely to happen. And if you flip it four times, there are 16 possibilities. They are:

HHHH
    HHHT
    HHTH
    HHTT
    HTHH
    HTHT
    HTTH
    HTTT
    THHH
    THHT
    THTH
    THTT
    TTHH
    TTHT
    TTTH
    TTTT

Again, if the coin is fair, then all sixteen possibilities should happen equally often on average. Which means someone should see all heads and someone should see all tails, if enough people flip coins.

If we only care about units, then there are two possibilities: units, or not units. If we open 16 crystals, there are a total of 65536 possible openings, each with different probabilities (because units vs not units is not 50/50). We can calculate the odds of getting no units in 16 openings. It is about 0.074, or about 7.4%. Alternatively, it is about one chance in 13.5.

In other words, if an entire alliance of 30 players all decided to open 16 arena crystals, the odds are pretty good that two of them would end up with no units. It's uncommon, but not particularly rare or unusual.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 566 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

12/10 players support this coordinated attack
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,712 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

In my experience, at least 180% of the players have no workable knowledge of probability and statistics.

25% of people will get a calculation wrong 150% of the time.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 645 ★★★

Mr_hecker said:

Sounds like you got rob. I would contact Prof Hoff and he will fight for you. He's the best youtuber for this kind of things. Nobody will believe you in the forums (they are non-believer Kabam yes people). Find your messiah (Prof Hoff) he will fight for the average person.

This guy gets it. Prof Hoff is my hero
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 94
    As others have said... that's not how statistical odds work.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 878 ★★★
    15% chance per crystal and even that's randomized it's like a rolling a dice if you understand probability.
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 146
    gambler's math. you'll get it next time, for sure. o_0
  • Options
    i13i13 Posts: 89
    Last month I I opened up 7 of the event 3-6 star crystals all together.

3 of them were 5,4 & 3 star iceman.

The irony….

I got the lot by using a 6 star iceman I was hoping to dupe 😭

The fudgeary of it!!

Damn you Kabam!
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 944 ★★★
    Don't know to Disagree or LOL. So I flipped a coin, Heads, so it'll be Tails next time.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,497 ★★★★

gambler's math. you'll get it next time, for sure. o_0

Martindale system
  • Options
    Mr_heckerMr_hecker Posts: 22
    i13 said:

You think that’s bad.

The Cav crystals have a 3% chance to get a 6*

You’re more likely to get hit by a bus on a bank holiday 🤣🤣

well i have a lot of luck in cav crystals, i maneged to get 3 6* in 5 nexus cav crystals
  • Options
    Mr_heckerMr_hecker Posts: 22
    Mr_hecker said:

to every1 out there, in other games there is a stack up system. so i assumed the same system is followed in this game, i havent played this game a lot since the last 2 years and wasnt really familar how the game works
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 255
    Not in my dreams would I have imagined, someone being lectured on probability, on mcoc forums 😭😭😭
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    Mr_hecker said:

Ignore all these math majors.
    Everyone knows it's rigged. Maths is just an excuse.
    Keep fighting for your units.
    You have my full support.
    👊👊👊
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,087 ★★★★★
    shield311 said:

Not in my dreams would I have imagined, someone being lectured on probability, on mcoc forums 😭😭😭

It happens at the very least once a week
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,497 ★★★★

Mr_hecker said:

Ignore all these math majors.
    Everyone knows it's rigged. Maths is just an excuse.
    Keep fighting for your units.
    You have my full support.
    👊👊👊
    ATTICA!