Options

Do we want more rankdowntickets?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BabyGrootBabyGroot Posts: 68
    YES, BUT IN CAPS
    I didn't have to, but kinda had to r3 my storm x for valiant and would love to rank her down. I'd spend units on it lol
  • Options
    Bondor16Bondor16 Posts: 16
    YES, BUT IN CAPS
    BabyGroot said:

I didn't have to, but kinda had to r3 my storm x for valiant and would love to rank her down. I'd spend units on it lol

The idea that upgrades need to be permanent in a game where characters changes and is tweaked on constantly feels like a scam to me.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,011 ★★★★
    edited April 4
    No, I’m bundling sticks
    Maybe “descension tickets” in case you pull a 7 star version of a 6 star ascended

Otherwise no
  • Options
    YES, BUT IN CAPS

Can we have an option to vote against any more of these polls? Please and thank you.

You should make a poll for it
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 877 ★★★
    No, I’m bundling sticks

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,700 Guardian
    Bondor16 said:

BabyGroot said:

The idea that upgrades need to be permanent in a game where characters changes and is tweaked on constantly feels like a scam to me.
    You play Clash Royale? They do balancing changes all the time and don't give compensation when a meta card is nerfed, even if it is nerfed to the ground. Even one of the other Marvel games made a statement saying new heros would be guaranteed to be viable for at least 6 months. They don't offer rank down stuff either, they just say git gud and upgrade the new meta champions.
  • Options
    YES, BUT IN CAPS
    Pikolu said:

Bondor16 said:

BabyGroot said:

You play Clash Royale? They do balancing changes all the time and don't give compensation when a meta card is nerfed, even if it is nerfed to the ground. Even one of the other Marvel games made a statement saying new heros would be guaranteed to be viable for at least 6 months. They don't offer rank down stuff either, they just say git gud and upgrade the new meta champions.
    Nope, never played it. That’s one way to make a lot of $$ 😎 can honestly say I’m happy I get to use old champs still in this game. But then again it takes a long time to get the Champions you want to play with.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 312 ★★★
    Nah. That's just life playing a game like this. Just because you invested resources in a Champ that's no longer useful (or you pulled a higher rarity of), doesn't entitle you to get those resources back. The way I see it, being able to have a Champ like Onslaught in AW, and still have another one for Questing? Massive W.
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 195 ★★
    Would be nice

I don't see the point in Rank Down tickets when instead you could focus on getting more Rank Up materials. You can keep the Champ Ranked up and then Rank Up more Champions. Isn't that better than a Rank Down ticket?

For those of us that took some 6*s to r5 before 7*s came out now we have the 7* versions and yeah, a rank down for those 6*s would be nice
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    No, I’m bundling sticks

I don't see the point in Rank Down tickets when instead you could focus on getting more Rank Up materials. You can keep the Champ Ranked up and then Rank Up more Champions. Isn't that better than a Rank Down ticket?

Always been my stance.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian

For those of us that took some 6*s to r5 before 7*s came out now we have the 7* versions and yeah, a rank down for those 6*s would be nice
    And then you could rank down the 7s to rank up the 8s. And then rank down the 8s to rank up the 9s.

You don't see the problem with that?
  • Options
    noregrets100noregrets100 Posts: 28
    Yes
    Yes, for the 7* that I took to rank 3 to become Valiant.
  • Options
    YES, BUT IN CAPS

Yes, for the 7* that I took to rank 3 to become Valiant.

Nice name 😁
  • Options
    YES, BUT IN CAPS

But wouldn't you rather have materials to rank up the 7 Star? It's not a "you get both" situation, because that Rank Down ticket would take the place of something else. Wouldn't you rather have more Ranked Up champions of more rarities?

Also, a large majority of all Rank Down Tickets ever issued were either never used, or used to rank up the same champion again during Level Up events, or to rank up a higher rarity of the same Champion.
    You’re talking about the mole man nerf? He’d still relevant for a lot of content clearing and wasnt completely ruined by the nerf.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

But wouldn't you rather have materials to rank up the 7 Star? It's not a "you get both" situation, because that Rank Down ticket would take the place of something else. Wouldn't you rather have more Ranked Up champions of more rarities?

Also, a large majority of all Rank Down Tickets ever issued were either never used, or used to rank up the same champion again during Level Up events, or to rank up a higher rarity of the same Champion.
    I'm guilty, I admit it 🥺
    I've used any given rank down ticket in game's history to rank down and level up again the same champ, during Level Up events to boost my score 😎
    Never regretted for any of my rank ups last eight years, since you will eventually get more of the same rank up stuff you used over time anyway 😉, but rank down tickets will always be free Level Up points for me 🙂
    P.S. I hope @Kabam Miike doesn't gets furious reading this and bans me for exploit 😂
  • Options
    RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 321
    Kabam Jax said:

I want more rank up tickets, then!
    I get u guys don’t like giving out tank down tickets or as u said don’t see the point, 1 problem is there’s not enough content where we use those lower tiered champs we’ve ranked up so all those resources, specially gold and iso, which are still issues for alot of summoners, are just sitting there, now I will say u guys have made an effort to add more gold to the game and will also concede that you’ve tried to do more content for specific tiered champs, but if we can’t get those resources back thru RDT then please make more content where we can use our 3*, 4*, etc champs.
    For instances in incursions I can’t access the lower tiers, why not let us do lower tiers but with only 3* or 4* champs, it would give us a reason to use those champs if u run incursions, you could do the same with arenas and other content. Again I know you’ve been trying to do something like this with objectives it just doesn’t seem like it’s enough, imo.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
    Meh
    RO53TT1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

I want more rank up tickets, then!
    I get u guys don’t like giving out tank down tickets or as u said don’t see the point, 1 problem is there’s not enough content where we use those lower tiered champs we’ve ranked up so all those resources, specially gold and iso, which are still issues for alot of summoners, are just sitting there, now I will say u guys have made an effort to add more gold to the game and will also concede that you’ve tried to do more content for specific tiered champs, but if we can’t get those resources back thru RDT then please make more content where we can use our 3*, 4*, etc champs.
    For instances in incursions I can’t access the lower tiers, why not let us do lower tiers but with only 3* or 4* champs, it would give us a reason to use those champs if u run incursions, you could do the same with arenas and other content. Again I know you’ve been trying to do something like this with objectives it just doesn’t seem like it’s enough, imo.
    Dude... you can do lower tiers of incursions with 3 or 4* champs..
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★
    Everybody with the spiderpunk pfp in this thread really needs to hang up their hats and give it a rest. You lost and you're wrong. It's over
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,011 ★★★★
    No, I’m bundling sticks
    Aren’t rank up tickets the same as rank up gems?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,794 ★★★★★
    No, I’m bundling sticks
    Hate the idea of ranking down champs - so no
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,708 Guardian
    EdisonLaw said:

Aren’t rank up tickets the same as rank up gems?

Yes. But you’re also missing that Rank-Up stuff (tickets/gems) are basically the same as requesting Rank-DOWN tickets. Which is the humor.

Asking for Rank-DOWN tickets, what could be wrong with that. That's not too much to ask, right ? What's the harm ?

So people here starting to suggest “why not just ask for Rank-UP stuff” instead, in jest.

Which is basically saying “Kabam, give us some more free Rank-UP stuff every so often”.
    In addition to all the normal Rank-UP materials you constantly get all the time by playing the game (or even sometimes while NOT playing, just logging in to claim free stuff).
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 146
    Meh
    RD tickets should be for (perceived or real) Bait and switch; I dumped resources for this ability, and y'all changed it. my choice was based off incorrect info.

RD tickets for buyers remorse is just not taking responsibility for your own decision making. yes, a counter will (eventually) come out. yes, with new champs our prior ranks may not hold the value they did prior. yes, I did in fact rank dude up for just one or a few pieces of content (looking at Ægon here).

rank who you can use, use who you rank. caveat emptor.