Options

Shocker MASSIVE nerf

Comments

• Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 982 ★★★★

Does anyone know if he can no longer take Storm X then? I used him last week and it worked just fine.
    Man this sucks, he was one of my favorites.

In theory he should no longer work for her. It’s a shame since I had also just realized he was a great counter and was using him in sq
  • Options
    Deacon said:

ok wait a second ... trying to read through all of this ... so the bottom line is you're telling me I can no longer assume Shocker will work against the same defenders I sometimes would use him against? particularly Skull and Maestro? if so .. c'mon man.

Correct.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,510 ★★★★★

Does anyone know if he can no longer take Storm X then? I used him last week and it worked just fine.

In theory he should no longer work for her. It’s a shame since I had also just realized he was a great counter and was using him in sq
    Bummer, that was one of my favorite matchups I guess I'll have to start banning any r3s I see.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,176 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

ok wait a second ... trying to read through all of this ... so the bottom line is you're telling me I can no longer assume Shocker will work against the same defenders I sometimes would use him against? particularly Skull and Maestro? if so .. c'mon man.

Against glancing champions.

The armor issue is being looked into but is a bug
  • Options

Bummer, that was one of my favorite matchups I guess I'll have to start banning any r3s I see.
    Same, I really hate fighting Storm X and I was banning any r2 or higher before I realized shocker could take her. Guess that won’t work now
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,000 ★★★★

I think he still can, he does 420k damage on his heavy at r2, so if Storm x halves that it;s still enough to kill in bg
  • Options
    geaimsgeaims Posts: 43

I literally rank 5 and ascended my 6* shocker after doing 8.4 100% to have a good counter for maestro and red skull. Even Msd, who is a content creator for the game made a video showcasing how to use shocker against maestro. Their biggest L is not having mentioned the bug in April's patch notes. Just for that, we better get compensated

Gladiator is better just saying 🤫
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,073 ★★★
    I would rather have my 7* shocker adjusted then a RDT.
    I get that the fix ist needed. And my 7* stormPX likes that.
    But when mechanic under the hood Updates Impact Champion abilitys. There must be an Update process for those Champions.

Thats should be a lesson learned from diminishing Returns update, No?

Best way now would be to Turn Back the Update, Put the Info in the next Patch notes and Patch it with the next monthly Update.

3 weeks more for a ongoing bug. This schould be bearable.

And Most important: why Patch somthing late on friday? "Screeming in a towel"
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,511 ★★★★★

Well at least this incident isn't nearly as bad as the moleman fiasco.

Moleman got fixed yes but it took way long or kabam to acknowledge it was a bug that's the problem. Had it been addressed earlier.. The backlash wouldn't have been so bad.

That's very accurate in my opinion. I don't think most rational and logical players truly have a problem with the majority of "controversial" things kabaam does. The issue is usually the timing and communication which combine to be a horrible execution of the changes.

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,302 ★★★★★
    My r2 shocker will still do things he would do just skipping maestro.

StormX doesn't have guaranteed glancing, 60% chance.
    If glancing procs on the hit the damage will be halved as per the fix. But if it doesn't glace it will do full damage.
    Also her health is smaller. So even with the damage halved it will still ko her, BUT you have to do extra ramp as a safety net from glanced hit. Time can be a factor as it will take extra 20 sec to ramp higher.
    Haven't tested but I till test when I get the opportunity.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,000 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Semantics of “mechanic change” versus “champion change” shouldn’t matter in a situation like this, especially with a newer champ who recently cleared the rebalancing test.

Dr. Zola

Yea
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,328 ★★★
    This is really a shocker info

Shocker is perfectly balanced

I'm in shock
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Skydad23 said:

They are just obsessed with control over this game. Nothing has to do with balance. If they were truly worried about balance, you wouldn’t be able to buy your way through the game. I have a almost a 6,000,000 account. I have played the game for six years spent more money than I would like to admit, and yet somehow consistently people with two and 3 million rated hero accounts, have more stacked decks than I do. Comes off as some bitter people that don’t care about their community.

What does this have to do with this thread? You’re shifting the goalposts. Also you can buy your way through pretty much any game. That’s always how it’s worked. I’m upset about the bug fix and the communication too, but I have no idea what you’re waffling on about here
    What does your response to my response have to do with this thread? I’m **** that this is a trend by a company for years they do this upsetting the players when there’s no logic behind it it’s not fixing anything it’s not balancing anything if they they should take the L. Once again, my ****, if you didn’t put two and two together but there’s no reasoning behind this because they really don’t care about balance of the game by letting people buy their way through it