Options

9 years into this game, can Kabam at least make our pfps consistent?

ValrozValroz Posts: 197 ★★
edited April 16 in General Discussion
Like seriously. Why can’t we even have a profile picture where we see the same things that others see?

Is it really that hard to code?

Comments

• Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,484 ★★★
    This happened to a friend, he asking me to see his profile and the champ he leveled up didn't appear...he went nutz

This may happen when you use boosts, I think and your PI will be higher.
    👍
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,834 ★★★★★
    Same happened when I sent my friend's profile to my discord Alliance.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,942 ★★★★★
    Its due to u see highest power with masteries they see highest prestige so yes it would be hard to make them see what u see
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 226
    edited April 16
    Bendy said:

Its due to u see highest power with masteries they see highest prestige so yes it would be hard to make them see what u see

Confusing, is they rank them by including their mastery setup prestige or excluding mastery setup prestige and only use champion prestige
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,942 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Confusing, is they rank them by including their mastery setup prestige or excluding mastery setup prestige and only use champion prestige
    Prestige is based on without mastery so they see that u see after mastery
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 234 ★★

Should be an option these days to pick what champs you have in your top 4 I think

Gonna put my 3* Groot, Superior Iron Man, Moon Knight, and Iron Patriot fr
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,492 ★★★★★

Should be an option these days to pick what champs you have in your top 4 I think

Yes please I think my scorpion is hanging on a thread with the champs I've been leveling
  • Options
    edited April 27
    We should at least be given the option to choose either our top 1 or top 2 champ, depending on whether it's the account owner or others who are looking at the profile picture.

It's just weird that even something like what we see and others see has never been sorted out almost a decade into this game.

Would be nice to see only one consistent profile pic once and for all regardless of the reason why those champions on the profile picture are sorted that way.

• Options
    edited May 22
    I really wish this will be “fixed.”

The system determines which one is visible to all. Not based on masteries setup.

Really weird.

Others view:

My view:

• Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,484 ★★★
    Valroz said:

The system determines which one is visible to all. Not based on masteries setup.

Really weird.

Others view:

My view:

Exactly what I said on my comment after your 1st post
  • Options
    edited May 22

Valroz said:

Really weird.

Others view:

My view:

Can this ever be fixed?

It’s just sad they can’t sorry this out. I am sure they don’t need to hire someone from MIT to fix this.
  • Options
    Or maybe we should have the ability to see the two profiles within our own account. Like a swipe option to a screen that shows what others see?
  • Options
    Wong_99Wong_99 Posts: 557 ★★★
    Valroz said:

Valroz said:

Really weird.

Others view:

My view:

Can this ever be fixed?

It’s just sad they can’t sorry this out. I am sure they don’t need to hire someone from MIT to fix this.
    It’s not an issue. It’s intended. You see based on your champs pi. Other people see based on your champs prestige
  • Options

What’s the point of selecting top champ as pfp when others see a different champ?

That just makes absolutely no sense at all, fr.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,890 Guardian
    Valroz said:

What’s the point of selecting top champ as pfp when others see a different champ?

That just makes absolutely no sense at all, fr.

Because you see champions based on PI affected by masteries. Kabams system is PI without masteries determines who shows up on your profile. Probably was done that way because way back in the day, war defenders would actually be hidden, but you could look at the opponents top 4 to guess what the defender is, and by making it base PI, you couldn't configure masteries in a way that would hide your defenders.
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 428 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I hate to be that guy (I don't) but that's not your profile picture. That's your top champion

They’ve got the “top champion” option selected as their profile pic so the system will change it depending on the poster’s masteries against the PI.

Viewers will see the PI unaffected by the poster's masteries.