Options

Y is nobody talking about the iso economics?

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,182 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

i13 said:

The past 2 new year events boosted up my gold by a ton, but now I’m all out.

I think mini events giving out more gold and iso would be really helpful, but we’d need them to happen every 2 to 3 months to combat it.

I get most of my iso from duping crystals, if it gets really bad I buy from the glory store.

And yes, the daily events for iso aren’t worth using the in game energy on, they’re limited to uncollected level based users.

I think that’s another thing. The gap between new players and mature players has increased so much now that a lot of content isn’t relevant for us. These should be made progression based.
    You aren't a mature player. You've been playing for 2 years. Ive been playing for the full 10 years. The difference is, I probably have way more duped champions than you which means more ISO since you have a higher possibility of pulling a champion you don't have.

You didn't even complete act 5 100%. You're not a mature player. You burned through content, you're gaining champions faster than what you're resources can handle because you don't have the amount the rest of us actual mature players have.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,259 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Thanks @DNA3000 for the detailed explanation. This actually explains it.

I have been using the wrong class iso for champs for years because my personal bottleneck was catalysts. Lately I kept doing this but with the introduction of 7 stars r3 I saw my stash getting smaller and smaller. I started only using the correct ISO and ran out of multiple classes before starting to save some rank up materials. This means I slowed down my ranking.

Right now I’m sitting on 2 r5 gems and 2 7r2 gems from act 8 exploration. I will run out of ISO if I try to rank the champs directly and have to space my rank ups out. What I’m getting at is that ISO has also become a bottleneck for me, at this specific time in the game. Not the only bottleneck, but as much as a bottleneck as catalysts are. So while I understand that it’s resource management and patience on my part, it still feels like there isn’t enough ISO.

My conclusion, and this is only a feeling that I have, is that a bottleneck of ISO is much less fun than a bottleneck of catalysts. I guess other people are also experiencing this and that this is the reason of this outcry (or the past outcry of a gold drought).
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 132 β˜…
    Can't have all the economies of the game advance with the top progression tier's needs. Valiants would outpace more than they already have, and the "BGs unfair matchmaking threads" would increase exponentially. I don't think the forum servers could handle that added load.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,765 Guardian

My conclusion, and this is only a feeling that I have, is that a bottleneck of ISO is much less fun than a bottleneck of catalysts. I guess other people are also experiencing this and that this is the reason of this outcry (or the past outcry of a gold drought).

For some players, yes. For others, the same feeling was expressed about gold. How we choose to "rank" the resources in the game is a personal choice, and if you decide that, say, gold and ISO are just this side resource you shouldn't have to care about much and the cats are the real thing you have to chase, and that happens to be true for you for a while playing the game, any shift in that will be problematic. It will defy your assumptions and preferences, But such shifts happen all the time to most players. It has happened before many times over the history of the game for lots of different resources that were described as "less fun."
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 778 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    YASHNP said:

@Demonzfyre and @xLunatiXx drop your weekly usage of mcoc in chat. Then it would be pretty clear of its an "inventory management problem" or just "you don't play/pay enough problem".
    I would happily explain the logic behind my request but I think both of your gigabrains can figure that out on its own.

Would highly recommend you ignore those two…
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,220 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

YASHNP said:

@Demonzfyre and @xLunatiXx drop your weekly usage of mcoc in chat. Then it would be pretty clear of its an "inventory management problem" or just "you don't play/pay enough problem".
    I would happily explain the logic behind my request but I think both of your gigabrains can figure that out on its own.

Lol
    Please tell me where we are wrong instead of dissing with no arguments πŸ˜‚
  • Options

YASHNP said:

Also ignore this guy ^^^^^

@HungaryHippo show me where I'm wrong in this thread. I haven't been rude or anything. You're siding with someone who called us idiots because we haven't agreed with him. Do you always blindly agree with people without even reading any context? Lol
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,358 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

It’s surprising that while almost all the rewards, cats etc have been upgraded to work with increasing levels of game ISOs have been pretty much ignored. Outside of duping the champs there is hardly any significant way to generate iso in the normal course of game. The daily iso quest is literally a joke at the current game level.
    I think it will make a lot of sense to upgrade the daily quests to bring them at par with the current levels. It’s a pretty low lying fruit.
    Also in the long run it’s imperative for kabam to look at some form of new mechanics to generate ISO.

OP, Are you Free To Play?
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 160 β˜…
    https://youtu.be/TzGrr0_nCUE?si=sLCnB2faLTNAcEWG
    You can farm mutant iso in labyrinth of Legends
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 561 β˜…β˜…β˜…

YASHNP said:

Also ignore this guy ^^^^^

@HungaryHippo show me where I'm wrong in this thread. I haven't been rude or anything. You're siding with someone who called us idiots because we haven't agreed with him. Do you always blindly agree with people without even reading any context? Lol
    What can you do? He's a bully. I'm surprised Kabaam let's him get away with it.
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol
    I don't recognize you so I'll make the effort.

I clearly stated it before on numerous threads. I have 2 accounts; one was Valiant on day 6 of Necro release and is on the first page of the Hall of Legends (from 2016). The other one was abandoned till about 3 months ago and just got to valiant with 8.4 release and one run of Necro at Level 47.

On the small account, I skipped 4* (2 at r5), 5* (2 at r5), 6* (2 at r5) other than maybe 5 champs and have only invested in competitive 7*. I complained about gold and ISO before Kabam fixed it and was routinely told by the usual people that I had NO idea what I was talking about. In the middle of my last complaint about gold, Kabam announced a fix to gold on a stream... Oops.

So I predict that the same thing will happen again. People will say here that there's no gold problem until Kabam fixes it then they will say we were always at war with Eastasia.

Do I have an issue on my massive account? Absolutely not and I have 150mil gold and thousands of gold crystals without worrying too much. So why do I agree with the OP? Because my F2P Valiant account can barely put together enough iso to rank the 7* I'm accumulating at a rapid pace. If I did have the ISO, I'd be out of gold after 2 champs (note, I think gold is OK).

Why do I disregard many of the posters? Because they have been routinely intellectually dishonest in the past and it's not worth the time.
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

I clearly stated it before on numerous threads. I have 2 accounts; one was Valiant on day 6 of Necro release and is on the first page of the Hall of Legends (from 2016). The other one was abandoned till about 3 months ago and just got to valiant with 8.4 release and one run of Necro at Level 47.

On the small account, I skipped 4* (2 at r5), 5* (2 at r5), 6* (2 at r5) other than maybe 5 champs and have only invested in competitive 7*. I complained about gold and ISO before Kabam fixed it and was routinely told by the usual people that I had NO idea what I was talking about. In the middle of my last complaint about gold, Kabam announced a fix to gold on a stream... Oops.

So I predict that the same thing will happen again. People will say here that there's no gold problem until Kabam fixes it then they will say we were always at war with Eastasia.

Do I have an issue on my massive account? Absolutely not and I have 150mil gold and thousands of gold crystals without worrying too much. So why do I agree with the OP? Because my F2P Valiant account can barely put together enough iso to rank the 7* I'm accumulating at a rapid pace. If I did have the ISO, I'd be out of gold after 2 champs (note, I think gold is OK).

Why do I disregard many of the posters? Because they have been routinely intellectually dishonest in the past and it's not worth the time.
    You've literally proved what we're talking about with OP. You've said exactly the same thing we've been saying this whole time.

Compare number of champions with dupes on your long time account to the other account. This is the whole point we're making. When you blaze through content, you can't keep up with ISO because all you're doing is pulling new champs and not duping them.

Thank you for proving us right. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

You've literally proved what we're talking about with OP. You've said exactly the same thing we've been saying this whole time.

Compare number of champions with dupes on your long time account to the other account. This is the whole point we're making. When you blaze through content, you can't keep up with ISO because all you're doing is pulling new champs and not duping them.

And what if you've explored act 8, done EOP, done Gauntlet, done Shooting Stars and always do Paragauntlet? All side quests 100% monthly, all glory goes towards gold and ISO. What then? Go back and explore act 5 and 6? Variant content? No energy trying to compete in BGs, and do monthly events.

ISO is a problem for F2P and smaller accounts like I've stated before. Exactly how I laid out the gold problem before it was fixed by Kabam. How should they fix it? Add 4* shards to TB/SQ events (where you cannot do all difficulties). It's incredibly hard to get 4* shards if you're not using Incursions tokens and getting 7* and raids tickets takes some resources. If the economy goes out of whack, reduce the shard quantity.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,459 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 17
    Lots of fun sniping. I'll boil it down.

Games want your 1) money and 2) time, both ideally. An account like this

means they've met their time and perhaps money goal with this mark, er, valued customer. An account like this

tells them they got one kinda on the hook but they need more squeezing for time/ money. Iso, gold, whatever carrots they want to dangle on a stick to make you stay, skill will never trump time (or money) invested. When you speak of "smaller" accounts, that's what we're talking about. Kabam wants more of account 1, and rewards those like account 1. If you're a "smaller" account it's because you haven't spent years grinding EQ/SQs, and no amount of iso reward changes will allow you to catch up.
    Can they tweak the amount of doohickeys and trinkets you get from task a or quest z? Sure, but the underlying issue remains: it's going to still require time and/or money.
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

And what if you've explored act 8, done EOP, done Gauntlet, done Shooting Stars and always do Paragauntlet? All side quests 100% monthly, all glory goes towards gold and ISO. What then? Go back and explore act 5 and 6? Variant content? No energy trying to compete in BGs, and do monthly events.

ISO is a problem for F2P and smaller accounts like I've stated before. Exactly how I laid out the gold problem before it was fixed by Kabam. How should they fix it? Add 4* shards to TB/SQ events (where you cannot do all difficulties). It's incredibly hard to get 4* shards if you're not using Incursions tokens and getting 7* and raids tickets takes some resources. If the economy goes out of whack, reduce the shard quantity.
    They can't do that. As a practical matter, they can't just increase rewards today and then decrease them tomorrow, for the same reason they can't just nerf champs if they get too strong. It is more trouble than it is worth with our playerbase to nerf anything.

Instead, they continuously ratchet up the rewards in the game economy over time. There's eventually going to be more gold, more ISO, more shards, more everything, whether everyone complains or no one complaints. It happens based on the data they get, and it happens when they can reasaonably commit to having those changes be permanent.

ISO is always going to be a problem for some players, just as gold and other resources will be. There will always be imbalances based on differing playstyles and different circumstances. But the devs don't and can't take preemptory action based on individual shortage reports. They need to believe the shortage is not just affecting some players, but is symptomatic of a deeper problem with the economy and one that won't be fixed anyway when the next economy bump happens down the road.

There is a thought that some players have, that they complained about the gold problem or the T4B problem or whatever, and Kabam increased the supply eventually, so that proves they were right all along and now Kabam should just listen to them quicker this time. But that's not how this works. If a player complains about a shortage today and demands a change today but Kabam makes changes three months later because that's what their data told them to do, that doesn't prove the original player correct, nor does it imply Kabam should listen to them in the future. If anything, if players complain about shortages but Kabam just follows their normal economy scaling plans and those complaints keep changing to different resources over time, that suggests that what they are doing is more or less correct, because that's what they expect to happen in a properly balanced economy.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,926 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

You are comparing your main account to your F2P...
    Compare the other guy who probably rushed thru content.
    There are more ways to get ISO and gold than there ever was.
    ISO issue threads pop up everytime there is a big sale or a big crystal opening. This is clearly not an ISO issue, its people wanting to rank up way too much all the way up. The game was not designed that way. There has been a period of catalyst time release for a reason, if you skip all that of course you will be low on ISO.
    Also you can't compare your F2P to the OPs situation cause you started with a basic knowledge on what to level and rank up from the beginning.
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

Because you still don't have all those shards and everything from Act 4, 5, 6 and 7. Your small account can't catch up to your large account because you don't have as many champs to dupe. Duplicating champions is by far the biggest source of ISO.

Both your accounts can do TB.

Both of you have 10k 6* shards.

Both of you open a crystal.

Your big account dupes the 6* because you've played enough to have that one already.

Your small account pulls a new champion.

This is the point we're trying to make. Your long time account has more champs to dupe and get ISO. You've built your roster, had more time to pull more champs you get ISO easily, you don't have as many rank ups to do.

It doesn't matter if your little account does everything your big account does, you are duping champions at the same rate.

ISO is a problem if you expect the game to feed you enough to rank every champion that you want when you want it.

FTP also play the game at a slower curve than anyone who spends. An account that spends, opens way more crystals than F2P.

I don't understand how this is so hard to understand.
  • Options
    Let's put it this way...

We both work at the same company. Same position, same job requirements. We both have the same pay.

If you work 40 hours a week and I work 20. Should the company make it to where I earn as much as you do working 40 hours?
  • Options

Also you can't compare your F2P to the OPs situation cause you started with a basic knowledge on what to level and rank up from the beginning.

This is something I see a lot. Certain resources become far more constrained when vets make alts than they normally are, because vets progress much faster, which means they are getting champs faster than normal and rank up level up resources slower than normal. They also tend to not do a lot of the content most new players do, because they think they can skip it (or don't want to spend time on it). Kabam is unlikely to balance the game based on those leveling curves. As they also likely represent a small percentage of all accounts, they don't change the averages much either.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,220 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

I'm so glad you took the effort to prove our point and discard yours.
    Of course you rushed through content as a vet and didn't have the time to develop your roster, including lower star rating to form your iso farm.
    The rest has been said by others.
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

Of course you rushed through content as a vet and didn't have the time to develop your roster, including lower star rating to form your iso farm.
    And this is what I mean by intellectual dishonesty. Thanks for proving that you’re just like the rest of these guys.

You think a bit more iso (or adding some 4* crystals) is going to catch F2P up to large accounts? New accounts trying to clear content need to rank champs; the only reason I was able to do it is because I am a veteran using 6r2 to clear content.

Again, this of the same response I got when I said gold supply needed an increase and we all know how that played out. I’m not going to belabor this.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

This is something I see a lot. Certain resources become far more constrained when vets make alts than they normally are, because vets progress much faster, which means they are getting champs faster than normal and rank up level up resources slower than normal. They also tend to not do a lot of the content most new players do, because they think they can skip it (or don't want to spend time on it). Kabam is unlikely to balance the game based on those leveling curves. As they also likely represent a small percentage of all accounts, they don't change the averages much either.
    What you don’t understand is that I don’t need more iso on my mini; I think some of the players in the smaller alliances I passed on my way up could use more ISO. I’m also passed that point on my mini.

It’s not me that needs perspective; it’s you.
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

xLunatiXx said:

YASHNP said:

Lol

And this is what I mean by intellectual dishonesty. Thanks for proving that you’re just like the rest of these guys.

You think a bit more iso (or adding some 4* crystals) is going to catch F2P up to large accounts? New accounts trying to clear content need to rank champs; the only reason I was able to do it is because I am a veteran using 6r2 to clear content.

Again, this of the same response I got when I said gold supply needed an increase and we all know how that played out. I’m not going to belabor this.
    You're ridiculous. No one other than OP and you have said anything negative to anyone here. You and your "intellectual dishonesty".

No one's saying FTP has to catch up to someone who pays. You can't find anyone saying that here. The point me and others are making has hit you so much, you might as well be a lowly Cavalier player.

You're not clearing content because you're a veteran, you're clearing content because you have access to higher rarity champs just like new players do. Having such a quick access to higher rarity champs means blazing through content, leaving most of it unexplored.

You didn't do anything special for the gold argument. People have complained about it before and still complain about it now. You want to talk about intellectual dishonesty? That's you thinking you were the catalyst in Kabam adding more gold to the game.

They've done that several times over the years. They've increased ISO as well. It's part of the evolution of the game. Again, you and people like OP think there should be enough materials given to you to freely rank hundreds of champs whenever you want.

It's crazy how you've run full force into the point and you still can't see it. You hate everyone with a different opinion so much, it's blinding you.
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 132 β˜…
    edited April 17

Nice reference!! I love that book so much

• Options

It's quite apt. There was no gold problem till Kabam suddenly fixed it. There was also no AI changes until Kabam suddenly admitted it. Similarly, there's no ISO shortage until Kabam suddenly fixes it. Thankfully, the Kabam devs seem to be more reasonable than the defenders.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,358 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 17
    One of the ISO rewards from 8.4 Boss:

1x T4 basic

• Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 561 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I predict that Kabaam will offer additional ISO in one form or another in the next 12 months.

• Options

It's quite apt. There was no gold problem till Kabam suddenly fixed it. There was also no AI changes until Kabam suddenly admitted it. Similarly, there's no ISO shortage until Kabam suddenly fixes it. Thankfully, the Kabam devs seem to be more reasonable than the defenders.
    It's so incredibly frustrating reading your comments. Kabam didn't "Suddenly" fix gold. People still have gold problems and they post regularly about it. Here is an example of economy changes that didn't "suddenly" happen.

These are old rewards vs new. See that? 3k gold for completion. No gold for exploration. They bumped up gold when they revamped the rewards.

With new ranks and rarities of champions that enter the contest, the economy changes. It's not a snap decision because the 1000th person makes a thread on the forums complaining about there being a gold shortage.

Heres a picture of path rewards for Uncollected back in 2020.

We got 6 total bricks of ISO for all the paths and 3k gold. Now for UC, it's 24 bricks of 5k ISO and 26.8k gold for the the 2 paths. Back then, we had way more paths to complete. And that compression is just the first chapter in UC.

There will always be bottlenecks of something in this game. Especially for new players who get access to higher star rarity champions much faster. Again, you can't concede that point and I get it. You want to stick it to us "defenders" and you have to be right because only your opinion matters. I understand completely.

Kabam also didn't suddenly admit there's an A.I problem. They collect reports from people here on the forums and took it back to the team so they can investigate. It wasn't like a light switch that turned on one day and they're suddenly like "oh hey yes we changed it". They wrote an extremely detailed post explaining what happened and how they came to those findings.

This game is full of changes throughout the years. There is no "suddenly" with this game unless its an emergency of some sort. Again, seeing you comment like how you do is very frustrating. You're incapable of admitting that you're wrong or that other people might have a point. You're incapable of having any sort of discussion if someone isn't agreeing with you. You complain about people being toxic and that's been exactly you in this thread. You aren't above any of us and you had very little to no impact on anything related to increases in gold in the game. You aren't special, I'm not special. Stop acting like it.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,166 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Like everyone here has already said an iso shortage is just a lack of champions and shard acquisition. My main account can get 5 and 6 star shards pretty much everyday from bgs, not including eq and sq. On top of that when I open a crystal it’s almost always a dupe because I have almost every 5 and 6 star. My baby account gets new champions very regularly, and I rarely get iso.

If iso is your problem, focus on it. Play aw and aq for shards and t6iso. Play multiple levels of event quest for iso and shards. Play arena to try and get the featured 4 or 5 star. Complete story content with champs that are ranked but not levelled. More importantly save it for champs you actually want to level and strictly use class iso.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,194 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    In this entire thread, the word arena was only mentioned 3 times, which is interesting because it's the solution to OP's perceived issue. But I suppose that would require playing the game in order to pay off, which most people complaining about these things don't want to do.