Options

Y is nobody talking about the iso economics?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Also you can't compare your F2P to the OPs situation cause you started with a basic knowledge on what to level and rank up from the beginning.

This is something I see a lot. Certain resources become far more constrained when vets make alts than they normally are, because vets progress much faster, which means they are getting champs faster than normal and rank up level up resources slower than normal. They also tend to not do a lot of the content most new players do, because they think they can skip it (or don't want to spend time on it). Kabam is unlikely to balance the game based on those leveling curves. As they also likely represent a small percentage of all accounts, they don't change the averages much either.
    What you don’t understand is that I don’t need more iso on my mini; I think some of the players in the smaller alliances I passed on my way up could use more ISO. I’m also passed that point on my mini.

It’s not me that needs perspective; it’s you.
    I could say a lot of things here, but instead I'll just say that my deficiencies do not prevent me from studying the ISO economy to a greater depth than anyone else, they do not prevent me from discussing the ISO economy with the economy designers, they do not prevent me from making specific suggestions to improve the ISO economy, they do not prevent me from making useful recommendations to other players willing to listen to them and they do not prevent me from playing the game and using my deficient perspective to either solve my own ISO issues or prevent them from happening in the first place.

I don't seem to have any "needs" here. How's your superior perspective working out for you?

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Also you can't compare your F2P to the OPs situation cause you started with a basic knowledge on what to level and rank up from the beginning.

This is something I see a lot. Certain resources become far more constrained when vets make alts than they normally are, because vets progress much faster, which means they are getting champs faster than normal and rank up level up resources slower than normal. They also tend to not do a lot of the content most new players do, because they think they can skip it (or don't want to spend time on it). Kabam is unlikely to balance the game based on those leveling curves. As they also likely represent a small percentage of all accounts, they don't change the averages much either.
    What you don’t understand is that I don’t need more iso on my mini; I think some of the players in the smaller alliances I passed on my way up could use more ISO. I’m also passed that point on my mini.

I could say a lot of things here, but instead I'll just say that my deficiencies do not prevent me from studying the ISO economy to a greater depth than anyone else, they do not prevent me from discussing the ISO economy with the economy designers, they do not prevent me from making specific suggestions to improve the ISO economy, they do not prevent me from making useful recommendations to other players willing to listen to them and they do not prevent me from playing the game and using my deficient perspective to either solve my own ISO issues or prevent them from happening in the first place.

I don't seem to have any "needs" here. How's your superior perspective working out for you?

The bolded part is exactly what I find so funny about all of this. That is your perception and you used that same appeal to authority to try and shut down other arguments. It will not work on me.

Fundamentally, it's your opinion vs anyone else. I recall your similar takes on the gold issue. Also, DF wants to act as if Jax didn't say "you've complained about gold and we're addressing it" live on stream. Still refuses to take that L. I suppose the superior studying didn't work out there? :P

I don't have a superior perspective, I just have a different one which may be wrong. Which is why I suggested a solution that could be titrated from EQ to EQ.

What I will say is that my mini account has run into a wall. The issue is neither ISO nor gold; it's rank up mats. Since I can't rank up any champs, I will have other resources when I need them, but that's what should happen for a prudent end game player. I happen to think not making gold and ISO a cap for lower progression players is a good idea. Top progression players are limited by rank up mats anyway.

On another topic:

> Because the only ISO problem is the one you create in your head.

This is incredibly rude and flippant. I'm not a bully for pointing that out. Or perhaps I am. Whatever.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,070 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

The bolded part is exactly what I find so funny about all of this. That is your perception and you used that same appeal to authority to try and shut down other arguments. It will not work on me.

Fundamentally, it's your opinion vs anyone else. I recall your similar takes on the gold issue. Also, DF wants to act as if Jax didn't say "you've complained about gold and we're addressing it" live on stream. Still refuses to take that L. I suppose the superior studying didn't work out there? :P

I don't have a superior perspective, I just have a different one which may be wrong. Which is why I suggested a solution that could be titrated from EQ to EQ.

What I will say is that my mini account has run into a wall. The issue is neither ISO nor gold; it's rank up mats. Since I can't rank up any champs, I will have other resources when I need them, but that's what should happen for a prudent end game player. I happen to think not making gold and ISO a cap for lower progression players is a good idea. Top progression players are limited by rank up mats anyway.

On another topic:

> Because the only ISO problem is the one you create in your head.

This is incredibly rude and flippant. I'm not a bully for pointing that out. Or perhaps I am. Whatever.
    So you're admitting you don't understand sarcasm? That's what I get from this word salad of nothingness.

If saying that you create problems in your head offends you, it really must suck living your life my guy.