**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Which champs are often misunderstood for how good they are?

2»

Comments

• Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Morb and Dani
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 668 ★★★

I'm just gonna say, my Red Guardian's still not getting banned in BGs and I haven't seen him in other decks either. I wonder why it's taking so long for this community to catch on 💀

Science is over saturated with good attackers so no real reason for anyone to rank him
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,429 ★★★★★

altavista said:

altavista said:

I'm just gonna say, my Red Guardian's still not getting banned in BGs and I haven't seen him in other decks either. I wonder why it's taking so long for this community to catch on 💀

He was just buffed two months ago, and its not like there is Necropolis/Winter of Woe content where Red Guardian has a chance to show off.

Auntm.AI hasn't been updated in awhile, and Kabam doesn't make it easy to see what changes the buffed champions have received. From the few buff review videos I've seen, RG gets generally a B/B+ rating.

All that is to say - he's not an immediately obvious top tier science champion that people should take up, and for people who don't play at a super competitive level, he does not cut the line of order to rank up champions. I have just recently started to appreciate Hulk, so taking up RG because he has a big SP2 does not really intrigue me at all.
    B rating lol have you watched any videos at all or even used him? In the current meta, someone who can take Photon, Maestro and Onslaught in 30 secs is definitely not B rating.

Also, not top tier? He's taking fights both Hulk and Titania can't take and the ones they can take, he's still just as quick or quicker but never slower 💀
    As for the "just because he has big sp2" comment also incorrect, he has buff immunity which is valuable due to how rare it is, and slow on sp1 which he can keep up forever basically. He might not be a Swiss army knife like Warlock in terms of utility but he's not damage only either, there is some utility there too.
    Dunno why this is turning into a personal attack. I’m just providing my hypothesis on why people arent familiar with Red Guardian’s buff, and why some players might not value it even if they are aware. I explicitly stated “ for people who don't play at a super competitive level”.

I frankly don’t care about “rank ups for current Meta” or to take specific competitive defenders. More power to you that you have a champion that gets you BGs wins. With my limited Science catalysts, I’d rather concentrate on other champions who do more for my account in other content.
    Where did it turn into a personal attack? I haven't called you any names or insulted you. I asked if you really have watched any videos or used him at all since you're claiming he's B rating.

He can take story content, AW, AQ and Gauntlet health pools with zero issues too. The only content he can't do is extra long one like Necropolis. Again, you're severely underestimating his value which was the whole point of my initial comment.
    Can’t find what personal attack there was lmao. What was he waffling on about
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,018 ★★★★★
    edited April 21
    Samanun said:

Science is over saturated with good attackers so no real reason for anyone to rank him
    How many of those good attackers can do these fights in 30-40 secs like him?
    https://youtu.be/dLlSnpEZYSM?si=Nana7gD_i7MkBXcY
    https://youtu.be/1G5Yd_dTTvY?si=y8wNnSrqieXovf1W
    Neither 7* Titania nor 7* Hulk are pulling off some of these fights at that speed (if at all) and if they are, they're doing it at the same speed as Red Guardian who mind you is a 6*, not even a 7* so he's already punching above his weight and he's easily keeping up. If that doesn't tell you he's right up there with those champs you think are good then I don't know what does.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

altavista said:

altavista said:

He was just buffed two months ago, and its not like there is Necropolis/Winter of Woe content where Red Guardian has a chance to show off.

Auntm.AI hasn't been updated in awhile, and Kabam doesn't make it easy to see what changes the buffed champions have received. From the few buff review videos I've seen, RG gets generally a B/B+ rating.

All that is to say - he's not an immediately obvious top tier science champion that people should take up, and for people who don't play at a super competitive level, he does not cut the line of order to rank up champions. I have just recently started to appreciate Hulk, so taking up RG because he has a big SP2 does not really intrigue me at all.
    B rating lol have you watched any videos at all or even used him? In the current meta, someone who can take Photon, Maestro and Onslaught in 30 secs is definitely not B rating.

Also, not top tier? He's taking fights both Hulk and Titania can't take and the ones they can take, he's still just as quick or quicker but never slower 💀
    As for the "just because he has big sp2" comment also incorrect, he has buff immunity which is valuable due to how rare it is, and slow on sp1 which he can keep up forever basically. He might not be a Swiss army knife like Warlock in terms of utility but he's not damage only either, there is some utility there too.
    Dunno why this is turning into a personal attack. I’m just providing my hypothesis on why people arent familiar with Red Guardian’s buff, and why some players might not value it even if they are aware. I explicitly stated “ for people who don't play at a super competitive level”.

I frankly don’t care about “rank ups for current Meta” or to take specific competitive defenders. More power to you that you have a champion that gets you BGs wins. With my limited Science catalysts, I’d rather concentrate on other champions who do more for my account in other content.
    Where did it turn into a personal attack? I haven't called you any names or insulted you. I asked if you really have watched any videos or used him at all since you're claiming he's B rating.

He can take story content, AW, AQ and Gauntlet health pools with zero issues too. The only content he can't do is extra long one like Necropolis. Again, you're severely underestimating his value which was the whole point of my initial comment.
    Can’t find what personal attack there was lmao. What was he waffling on about
    Maybe they don't like being wrong? I don't even know 💀 I just like the fact that it's really easy to prove anyone wrong cause there are a good amount of videos on RG doing crazy stuff out there.
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★
    I haven't seen anyone mention him yet, but Joe Fixit is so good. I had never used him or seen anything about him prior to pulling him as a 7, and he is one of my most used champs.

Need to get back some health? L enders for hearts to get some regen. Wanna boost your attack? M enders. Need to gain power faster? Heavy. Need to stop some annoying defender abilities? Throw specials with 2 matching cards for disorient. Sp1 stacks bleed like crazy. Sp2 stuns, and is my go to option for bleed immune matchups. When he's awakened he gets his cards much faster.

I use him in BGs for all sorts of mystic champs and annoying defenders. Hot take: I have him in my deck instead of OG hulk because I find him more fun to play and he performs so well.

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,902 ★★★★
    edited April 21

007Bishop said:

Gwen. Good damage, good utility and good synergies. Anyone who likes She Hulk but **** on gwen is probably a hypocrite. Those two are essentially the same except one's made for short bursty fights, the other is made for long form content.

Dani. Crazy damage, good utility and most importantly, she shuts down defenders with cheat death mechanics with ease. If she had a miss mechanic similar kitty's where she gains power when the opponent counters her miss, she'd have been a top 10 mutant easily.

Nebula. The real queen of shocks. Enough said.

Aarkus and Red Goblin. Both are such high damage dealing champs with really good utility. No idea why they are so overlooked.

Sorc Supreme. Receives so much hate. People claim she has no damage but they just haven't used her. And utility wise, she's just insane.

Very real on Aarkus. I feel bad of ranking gorr over aarkus. He is criminally underrated. My fav Redskull counter. He is also great for evade champs and techs who power drain/burn a lot. His power gain is op. He also as purify as cosmmic champ when awakened and is a menace in defense if you don't have a counter
    Agreed heavily. He’s a great champ in general
  • Options

Samanun said:

Neither 7* Titania nor 7* Hulk are pulling off some of these fights at that speed (if at all) and if they are, they're doing it at the same speed as Red Guardian who mind you is a 6*, not even a 7* so he's already punching above his weight and he's easily keeping up. If that doesn't tell you he's right up there with those champs you think are good then I don't know what does.
    Yes people are finally acknowledging him as a top 5 science
  • Options

Samanun said:

I didn't say he was a bad attacker i just said there are lots of good ones, so no real reason to rank him plus others have better utility and can be used for defense, sorry but speed isn’t everything. It would be pointless for most endgame players to rank him up he doesn’t have anything really game changing in the utility department he’s not a defender really all you’d be doing is finishing fights a couple seconds quicker. some people might just be waiting on him as a 7 star me personally im trying to add more 7 stars to my deck not 6 stars.
  • Options
    Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Posts: 237 ★★

🥱
  • Options
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

I didn't say he was a bad attacker i just said there are lots of good ones, so no real reason to rank him plus others have better utility and can be used for defense, sorry but speed isn’t everything. It would be pointless for most endgame players to rank him up he doesn’t have anything really game changing in the utility department he’s not a defender really all you’d be doing is finishing fights a couple seconds quicker. some people might just be waiting on him as a 7 star me personally im trying to add more 7 stars to my deck not 6 stars.
    Neither Hulk nor Titania have more utility (they have about the same) or are useful on defense, what point are you trying to make? You could make a case for Ham, Photon and duped Spot sure but that's it.

You realize I'm an endgame player myself and I'm Valiant right? My account is also bigger than yours so if I had a reason to rank him up, I'm sure other people do too.

Also, this isn't simply about speed did you even bother watching the videos and seeing how many meta defenders he can take? There are matchups in there that Titania, Hulk, Photon and most of of the science class straight up can't do so the argument that "there is no point" is simply not true. Not to mention RG is buff immune, do you know how many buff immune champs we have in the game? And out of those which ones are actually viable due to speed? Titania, that's it, and she's way slower than RG cause she has to go for sp3.
    I thought your redemption arc had finally started but I was wrong, back to one ear and right out the other again 🙃
  • Options

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

Neither Hulk nor Titania have more utility (they have about the same) or are useful on defense, what point are you trying to make? You could make a case for Ham, Photon and duped Spot sure but that's it.

You realize I'm an endgame player myself and I'm Valiant right? My account is also bigger than yours so if I had a reason to rank him up, I'm sure other people do too.

Also, this isn't simply about speed did you even bother watching the videos and seeing how many meta defenders he can take? There are matchups in there that Titania, Hulk, Photon and most of of the science class straight up can't do so the argument that "there is no point" is simply not true. Not to mention RG is buff immune, do you know how many buff immune champs we have in the game? And out of those which ones are actually viable due to speed? Titania, that's it, and she's way slower than RG cause she has to go for sp3.
    I thought your redemption arc had finally started but I was wrong, back to one ear and right out the other again 🙃
    Hulk and titania do have more and better utility and it’s not even close, and are useful on defense.

Your account obviously isn't that much bigger if you felt like you needed to rank him up

Titania and hulk can take those same meta defenders

I guess buff immunity is just the most important utility in the game now, if it were so important then more champs would have it give me one piece of content, one champ, or one node where you need to be buff immune in order to do it

Titania is not way slower her fights are 47- 55 seconds even r3 sassy gets deleted in 50, serpent deleted in 50, not to mention she’s coming out at a full yellow bar every time

“I thought your redemption arc had finally started but I was wrong, back to one ear and right out the other again 🙃”

I like how you think your opinion is the only one that’s right and anyone else with a different opinion has an “L take” very mature of you.
  • Options
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

Hulk and titania do have more and better utility and it’s not even close, and are useful on defense.

Your account obviously isn't that much bigger if you felt like you needed to rank him up

I guess buff immunity is just the most important utility in the game now, if it were so important then more champs would have it give me one piece of content, one champ, or one node where you need to be buff immune in order to do it

Titania is not way slower her fights are 47- 55 seconds even r3 sassy gets deleted in 50, serpent deleted in 50, not to mention she’s coming out at a full yellow bar every time

“I thought your redemption arc had finally started but I was wrong, back to one ear and right out the other again 🙃”

I like how you think your opinion is the only one that’s right and anyone else with a different opinion has an “L take” very mature of you.
    I can guarantee you nobody in Vibranium is losing to Hulks or Titanias on defense lmao.

Keywords: have about the same, meaning not the same but close.

Nagase's account also isn't as big as yours then. You must be a whale if you don't rank up these champs and he does.

No they can't, neither of them can take Killmonger or Maestro (and I'm sure there's more) in 30-40 secs do you play the game at all or just all talk?

I mean, good for you, Red Guardian does all those fights in 30 and the proof is in the videos I sent which you clearly didn't watch. 20 seconds is a pretty big difference believe it or not, maybe not in Silver but it is here in Vibranium so when you get here you'll understand.

That is also incorrect, I've provided nothing but facts including two videos showcasing how he easily beats both Hulk and Titania in BGs whether it's speed or damage. You say they have more utility therefore they're better yet Red Guardian takes the same defenders they can take (as well as others they can't take without wasting a ton of time) quicker or just as fast as them except he's a 6* and they're both 7*.

Anyways I'm not doing this again with you cause I know it always goes in one ear and right out the other, we can have this discussion again when he's a 7* and everyone's calling him #1 science in the game lol have a good one.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Samanun said:

Yes people are finally acknowledging him as a top 5 science
    Some people* not everyone, and it's mainly top players who are already in GC. The rest will probably sleep on him for months until he finally gets released as a 7* and then they'll go "Oh HeS buSTeD i WiSh iD KnOwN ThIs SoOnErRrR" lmao fine by me though, I'll just keep wining matches with mine since nobody bans him.
  • Options

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

I can guarantee you nobody in Vibranium is losing to Hulks or Titanias on defense lmao.

Keywords: have about the same, meaning not the same but close.

Nagase's account also isn't as big as yours then. You must be a whale if you don't rank up these champs and he does.

No they can't, neither of them can take Killmonger or Maestro (and I'm sure there's more) in 30-40 secs do you play the game at all or just all talk?

I mean, good for you, Red Guardian does all those fights in 30 and the proof is in the videos I sent which you clearly didn't watch. 20 seconds is a pretty big difference believe it or not, maybe not in Silver but it is here in Vibranium so when you get here you'll understand.

That is also incorrect, I've provided nothing but facts including two videos showcasing how he easily beats both Hulk and Titania in BGs whether it's speed or damage. You say they have more utility therefore they're better yet Red Guardian takes the same defenders they can take (as well as others they can't take without wasting a ton of time) quicker or just as fast as them except he's a 6* and they're both 7*.

Anyways I'm not doing this again with you cause I know it always goes in one ear and right out the other, we can have this discussion again when he's a 7* and everyone's calling him #1 science in the game lol have a good one.
    Idk man they’ve won me plenty of matches, and i hope to god you’re not bragging about being in vibranium im barely even playing bg’s and i reached the circuit like a week ago bro

They do not “have about the same” they have more and better utility and like i said it isn't close

Nagase literally ranks whoever he wants almost none of his rank ups are objective and he has so many he just doesn’t need but does it for fun (which isn't a bad thing)

You’re acting like he can take every fight (he cant) actually hulk can do maestro in 30-40 seconds (i’ve done it) and titania can still do a pretty fast fight against him

Yes there are alot of champs that can take every meta defender and they all must be equal utility wise yeah lets go with that logic 🥴

I’ve seen all the videos you linked probably within an hour of them dropping my guy, and i never said he wasn't faster, actually hulk is faster he can end fights in either 1 sp2 or without even having to throw a sp2, i like how you’re trying to pass off titania as slow when she definitely isn't 50 seconds for 400k+ health pool is not slow lmao, i also don’t see RG doing nick attuma kp and korg in 40-50 seconds.
  • Options
    Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Posts: 255 ★★
    Immortal Hulk when not playing Battlegrounds.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,066 ★★★★
    I present thee, ascended r5 sig200 nova. One of my favourite dual threat champs.

(Without cides and using a 6* r2 unawakened ms marvel relic)

Biggest hit: 27k. That's a medium btw, 27k is just the yellow number, he also does like 13k in red along with it. So yeah... 40k mediums, pretty casual. (Sometimes it even surprises me when I do a medium and it takes like 10-20% of their health off lmao)
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 648 ★★★
    This bisssshhhh…my mvp and Queen of everything 🧨💥🔥🔥🔥

And with this guy on her team, and his pre-fight…🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,239 ★★★★★
    Kamala Khan - Poison immune. Buffs (furies) , nulify , armor break with synergy to hit hard. I think she is the only cosmic except venom/pool to nulify.

Taskmaster - I've worked out that on max sig you reduce aar by 65% and for each unique attack (mlh sp1 sp2) increases perfect block by 10% reduces defensive and offensive ability accuracy by 10% so that is a free 50% perfect block / 50% offensive ability accuracy reduction / defensive ability accuracy reduction AND 65% Ability accuracy reduction. Has debuff immunity on 10th debuff and it reduces the potency by 10% for every debuff.

@DNA3000 am I correct to say that 65% aar can increase the 50% daar and oaar? *Technically*
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 275 ★★
    Vulture is a top 10 tech in my book
  • Options

Kamala Khan - Poison immune. Buffs (furies) , nulify , armor break with synergy to hit hard. I think she is the only cosmic except venom/pool to nulify.

Taskmaster - I've worked out that on max sig you reduce aar by 65% and for each unique attack (mlh sp1 sp2) increases perfect block by 10% reduces defensive and offensive ability accuracy by 10% so that is a free 50% perfect block / 50% offensive ability accuracy reduction / defensive ability accuracy reduction AND 65% Ability accuracy reduction. Has debuff immunity on 10th debuff and it reduces the potency by 10% for every debuff.

@DNA3000 am I correct to say that 65% aar can increase the 50% daar and oaar? *Technically*

Venom also can nullify. Venompool’s om nom isn’t technically a nullify
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian

I believe so.

Taskmaster’s sig ability (max sig) should reduce the opponent’s base ability accuracy by 65%. For most champions that will reduce their ability accuracy from 100% to 35%. On top of that, TM can also via his reflexes passive reduce their OAA and DAA by up to 50%. That should stack. “Reduce OAA” in technical terms means when you’re striking the target your AA should be fifty percentage points lower. Ditto “Reduce DAA” that just means when you’re being struck reduce AA by fifty percentage points. That should reduce AA to zero in those two situations. Note that when you’re not attacking and hitting them and they aren’t attacking and hitting you, their AA will still be 35%.

If it doesn’t work that way, something weird would have to be going on.
  • Options
    edited April 23
    DNA3000 said:

I believe so.

Taskmaster’s sig ability (max sig) should reduce the opponent’s base ability accuracy by 65%. For most champions that will reduce their ability accuracy from 100% to 35%. On top of that, TM can also via his reflexes passive reduce their OAA and DAA by up to 50%. That should stack. “Reduce OAA” in technical terms means when you’re striking the target your AA should be fifty percentage points lower. Ditto “Reduce DAA” that just means when you’re being struck reduce AA by fifty percentage points. That should reduce AA to zero in those two situations. Note that when you’re not attacking and hitting them and they aren’t attacking and hitting you, their AA will still be 35%.

If it doesn’t work that way, something weird would have to be going on.
    Interesting. I just wish that Taskmaster was a bit more practical to play. I love his playstyle of copying the opponent's moves and exploiting their weaknesses but I feel like it shouldn't be as stressful as it is right now with how it works currently.

Hence my Taskmaster buff concept

Moderate Buff: Taskmaster
    Passives:
    Photographic Reflexes
    Each Unique Attack your opponent attempts decreases their Offensive Ability Accuracy by X%, while increasing your Perfect Block Chance by the same amount.
    Each Unique Attack you make decreases your Opponent's Defensive Ability Accuracy by X%.
    Being Struck by a Special Attack resets both of these abilities' effects.
    Exploit Weakness
    Taskmaster spots a weakness in the last attack his opponent attempts, which can be exploited by striking his opponent with that same attack within 15 seconds.
    However when the opponent uses a special attack, Taskmaster has 15 seconds to retaliate with any special attack
    Successfully exploiting a weakness instantly deals X Direct Damage.
    An attack that will trigger Exploit Weakness will not trigger Passive Evades or Autoblocks.
    After Exploit Weakness is triggered or expires, it goes on cooldown for 5 seconds.
    Each time Taskmaster successfully triggers Exploit Weakness it places a Concussion Debuff on his Opponent reducing their Ability Accuracy by X% for 6 seconds, and resetting the Duration of any currently active Concussions caused by this ability.
    If Taskmaster places 5 Concussions on his Opponent simultaneously, they convert into a Passive concussion effect which reduces Ability Accuracy by X% for 25 seconds, counts as 5 Debuffs for Taskmaster's other Abilities, and removes the Exploit Weakness cooldown timer. While this effect is active, Taskmaster will not trigger additional Concussion Debuffs.
    Learn the Foe
    Each time a debuff is inflicted on Taskmaster, excluding Stuns, all future debuffs have their potency decreased by 10%.
    Once Taskmaster is inflicted with 10 debuffs, he gains a Debuff immunity passive for the rest of the fight
    Note: Debuff immunity doesn’t include Passive debuffs. So passive damage over time effects and other non damaging effects can still be applied, like Human Torch’s nova flame.
    Heavy attack:
    Resets Exploit Weakness if the current one is not the Heavy one
    If Taskmaster has triggered Exploit Weakness in the last 1 second, or his current Exploit Weakness target is Heavy Attack, charging a Heavy attack will make incoming attacks Miss for 1.5 seconds.
    Special 1: Use their Weaknesses
    Inflicts Bleed lasting 5 seconds and dealing X damage
    Bleed potency is increased for every active Concussion on the opponent.
    Special 2: Steal their Strengths
    Inflicts Armor Break for 15 seconds. Reduces armor by an additional X for every concussion debuff on the opponent.
    For each concussion, this attack gains X attack and critical rating.
    Special 3: Ideal Counter
    Automatically trigger any Exploit Weakness active.
    Inflicts Bleed and armor Break for 15 seconds, increased per concussion on his opponent.
    Signature ability: Intuitive Pattern Recognition
    Increase the duration of personal Concussion debuffs by X seconds.
    Whenever an ability fails due to Concussion, deal X direct damage to the opponent.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 415 ★★★
    I’m still a huge fan of simple champs that don’t require a Masters in game theory to understand their gameplay. So one of my favorite champs is still Red Hulk.
  • Options
    edited April 23

I’m still a huge fan of simple champs that don’t require a Masters in game theory to understand their gameplay. So one of my favorite champs is still Red Hulk.

Agreed, also Nimrod, Serpent, Photon, Apoc, Archangel, Hyperion, Venom, they don't take much skill to play and any player can master them
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,348 ★★★★★
    Mr Sinister gets my vote. I can't wait for his buff.