**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Why is luke cage in the titan pool?

Comments

• Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 177 ★★
    The only one imo that doesnt seem right in the titan crystal is thing. Id probably have put him in like incursions/loyalty 7 star crystal 2.0.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★

The only one imo that doesnt seem right in the titan crystal is thing. Id probably have put him in like incursions/loyalty 7 star crystal 2.0.

Oh look, another one who doesn't understand the Titan crystal.
  • Options

Ive read previous comments and I agree with you that not all of them have to be god tiers but to put thing that needs to be sig 200? Its way to much in my opinion, maybe add she hulk, mister fantastic...

The point of the Titan crystal is for us to be able to obtain new 7* champions entering the contest. Whether it's newly released, newly buff or new star rarity, like Blade. That's what the Titan crystal is. It has a smaller pool than a regular featured crystal. It's also on a different cadence too. It does have anything to do with whether that champ requires sig 200 or anything else. It's strictly for new 7*'s of all kinds.
  • Options

Ive read previous comments and I agree with you that not all of them have to be god tiers but to put thing that needs to be sig 200? Its way to much in my opinion, maybe add she hulk, mister fantastic...

The point of the Titan crystal is for us to be able to obtain new 7* champions entering the contest. Whether it's newly released, newly buff or new star rarity, like Blade. That's what the Titan crystal is. It has a smaller pool than a regular featured crystal. It's also on a different cadence too. It does have anything to do with whether that champ requires sig 200 or anything else. It's strictly for new 7*'s of all kinds.
    He's not saying the Titan isn't for new champs, it is. What he's saying is it's a **** move to add champs that are useless even with one awakening because pulling them (once or twice like me, doesn't matter) means they will be useless for at least a year until you can get them high enough. Hoarding Titan shards takes time, and each crystal is 20k, Kabam is free to add any champs they want but it doesn't change the fact that it is kind of a **** move.
    So they shouldn't add any champ that requires high sig as a 7* then?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,006 ★★★★★
    edited April 22

He's not saying the Titan isn't for new champs, it is. What he's saying is it's a **** move to add champs that are useless even with one awakening because pulling them (once or twice like me, doesn't matter) means they will be useless for at least a year until you can get them high enough. Hoarding Titan shards takes time, and each crystal is 20k, Kabam is free to add any champs they want but it doesn't change the fact that it is kind of a **** move.
    They can if they want, all I'm saying is it's a **** move because rn we have no way to get them to sig 200 and we probably won't for the next 12-14 months unless you're a whale. They can add the champs they want I really don't care about pulling garbage cause I've been playing this game for a long time and it just is what it is.
    All I'm saying is people wouldn't be as annoyed if they didn't have to spend 20k Titan shards just to pull garbage (I already spent 40k on garbage myself, it took me three months to get those shards), if they want to add champs that are garbage without high or max sig then they should add them through special events and then add them to the basic like they did with Maw Sam Emma etc this would definitely alleviate the pain of pulling a champ that will be virtually useless for a very long time.
  • Options

They can if they want, all I'm saying is it's a **** move because rn we have no way to get them to sig 200 and we probably won't for the next 12-14 months unless you're a whale. They can add the champs they want I really don't care about pulling garbage cause I've been playing this game for a long time and it just is what it is.
    All I'm saying is people wouldn't be as annoyed if they didn't have to spend 20k Titan shards just to pull garbage (I already spent 40k on garbage myself, it took me three months to get those shards), if they want to add champs that are garbage without high or max sig then they should add them through special events and then add them to the basic like they did with Maw Sam Emma etc this would definitely alleviate the pain of pulling a champ that will be virtually useless for a very long time.
    Again, all that is fine and dandy. We're in agreement about the cost. But the cost and the contents are completely different arguments.

The root purpose of the Titan crystal is to introduce the new batch of incoming 7*'s. Regardless of sig dependency. Eventually, they'll move into the basic pool. They made it clear from the start, this wasn't a featured crystal. It's just how they introduce the new 7*'s.

You also have to remember that Kabam doesn't of which champions are trash or not. We give them those designations. I don't want a special event where the end goal is a champion I don't want.
  • Options
    Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Posts: 99 ★★

Again, all that is fine and dandy. We're in agreement about the cost. But the cost and the contents are completely different arguments.

The root purpose of the Titan crystal is to introduce the new batch of incoming 7*'s. Regardless of sig dependency. Eventually, they'll move into the basic pool. They made it clear from the start, this wasn't a featured crystal. It's just how they introduce the new 7*'s.

You also have to remember that Kabam doesn't of which champions are trash or not. We give them those designations. I don't want a special event where the end goal is a champion I don't want.
    And that's fine too, I just don't think it's fair due to the cost and the amount we get every month which is very little. If the cost was changes to let's say 15k and they allowed us to get some shards from the BGs store, it'd be a different story I'm sure.

I get what you're saying, and I agree for the most part but you can't tell me spending 40k shards on two Things isn't messed up cause it is 💀
    If I was you I would be asking everyone have they pulled thing twice? And if they haven’t I wouldn’t even reply cause I gurantee anybody would feel rough after that, regardless how they feel about the pool
  • Options

And that's fine too, I just don't think it's fair due to the cost and the amount we get every month which is very little. If the cost was changes to let's say 15k and they allowed us to get some shards from the BGs store, it'd be a different story I'm sure.

I get what you're saying, and I agree for the most part but you can't tell me spending 40k shards on two Things isn't messed up cause it is 💀
    If I was you I would be asking everyone have they pulled thing twice? And if they haven’t I wouldn’t even reply cause I gurantee anybody would feel rough after that, regardless how they feel about the pool
    I don't think anyone else on the forums has pulled a double Thing lmao at least not in a row. I never saw any rants or Thing dupe screenshots and when I posted mine I got like ten people sending their condolences so I think it was just me, only I know the feeling on these forums. I took one for the team and for science 💀
  • Options
    MasquiradeMasquirade Posts: 64
    I think Luke Cage, as good as he is after his buff, just isn't very exciting. His utility, damage etc will be appreciated by a number of people but when it comes to Titans, I think people want the Uber tier champs, or the newest or the most flashy/fun champs.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 852 ★★★
    I’ve never used him after he got buffed, but I’ve heard good things.

Titans still take a long time for me to get as well. Only pulled Chee’ilth and Blade. Not the worst, but both benefit a lot from awakening.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,189 ★★★★★

I’ve mentioned this in the past, but just want to bring it up again here: Thing does not need sig 200.

The way his sig ability scales is extremely front heavy. At only sig 40, protection can provide up to a 72.5% damage reduction. The next 140 sig levels are only giving you an additional 27.5%. It’s big, but it’s not game breaking. I believe Thing is a saga champion, and we’ve gotten 40 generic stones from content recently. So that’s 50 sig stones you could put into him if you awakened him. Sig 70 gives Thing an up to 80.78% damage reduction.

To me, this sounds like a substantial enough benefit. It’s not 100%, but it’s extremely potent anyway. Enough to drag out fights on defense and give you plenty of extra protection when attacking.
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 137
    Soo, I pulled Luke cage too, I have no rank 2 science champs, whom should be first rankup?
    Duped sandman, Luke cage, overseer, og spiderman, void.
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 288 ★★★

Soo, I pulled Luke cage too, I have no rank 2 science champs, whom should be first rankup?
    Duped sandman, Luke cage, overseer, og spiderman, void.

Whoever you enjoy more. I'd say overseer if he's duped and otherwise luke cage is good.
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 512 ★★★

My 3 titans have been

1. Gladiator (love him now)
    2. Red Skull (meh)
    3. Luke cage (just.....why?)

He's not even fun to play. Red guardian deserved his place instead. There were exactly 3 champions I didn't wanna pull: Thing, Cage and blade.

"He's not even fun to play to me". This is the implied sentiment and he is an acquired taste to be sure. I personally liked him prior to his recent buff and now he is in my opinion a very quality champ.

There are those who feel champs like Magneto, Archangel, and even Hercules aren't "fun", but most would agree they are effective. There will always be champs who are polarizing but I'd be willing to bet for every pull that Summoner A likes, then there is a Summoner B who will be less than thrilled and vice-versa.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

I’ve mentioned this in the past, but just want to bring it up again here: Thing does not need sig 200.

The way his sig ability scales is extremely front heavy. At only sig 40, protection can provide up to a 72.5% damage reduction. The next 140 sig levels are only giving you an additional 27.5%. It’s big, but it’s not game breaking. I believe Thing is a saga champion, and we’ve gotten 40 generic stones from content recently. So that’s 50 sig stones you could put into him if you awakened him. Sig 70 gives Thing an up to 80.78% damage reduction.

To me, this sounds like a substantial enough benefit. It’s not 100%, but it’s extremely potent anyway. Enough to drag out fights on defense and give you plenty of extra protection when attacking.
    Few things here:
    1. At sig 40 it's only 67% not 72%, you'll never be able to push Thing to 20 rock stacks on defense unless you have unstoppable counter.
    2. I have a sig 40 Thing, he's not good enough trust me. I already removed him from my deck after he got decimated by a Mantis and a Hulkling in under 45 secs.
    You gotta keep in mind that extra 15% depends entirely on rock stacks, you can easily play around that by knowing when to parry and when to throw specials, so no it's not as reliable as you think. He absolutely needs 200 if you want him to get you wins in GC.
    I'll probably add him back to my deck when the next GC meta changes since he is a tactic defender but outside of the meta, completely and utterly useless.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,176 ★★★★★
    edited April 23
    Lol.. it's the only reason I haven't ascended my 6 star R5 LC yet.. love him and probably will ascend regardless of him being added to the 7 pool (his sig is pretty damn good)

Aside from his buff being basically exactly the update/tuning he needed to be good.. I've always loved his animations...super smooth to play and play quite aggressively (sig allows much more aggressive play)
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,176 ★★★★★
    edited April 23
    Also.. I'd absolutely love a 7 star RS..one of my most wanted actually out of the pool 😂
  • Options
    _SOVEREIGN__SOVEREIGN_ Posts: 4
    I get that the old characters get buffed before they enter the Titan crystal. To me it's not about how good the character is. I want a new champion as a 7 star.
    I literally pulled Luke Cage back to back from my last two titans. I don't care if he's good now, last thing I wanted to pull from hard earned titans is Luke Cage. It sucks and to be honest it makes me dread titan crystals because I am not excited for what I might get, I am terrified for what I might end up with out of it.
    I don't think we should feel that way about something as rare as a titan crystal.
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited May 14

I get that the old characters get buffed before they enter the Titan crystal. To me it's not about how good the character is. I want a new champion as a 7 star.
    I literally pulled Luke Cage back to back from my last two titans. I don't care if he's good now, last thing I wanted to pull from hard earned titans is Luke Cage. It sucks and to be honest it makes me dread titan crystals because I am not excited for what I might get, I am terrified for what I might end up with out of it.
    I don't think we should feel that way about something as rare as a titan crystal.

Exactly my point. That's why i skipped on the titan with the poolies thing and opted for guaranteed rewards instead.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 212 ★★
    Before the forum warriors jump in to say “that’s how Kabam designed it, champs have to get in the pool somehow, blah blah blah”, just want to echo OP’s analysis. It’s not about the construct of new champs and old in one crystal, it’s just the matter of degree between their perceived value. The floor is too low, considering the height of the ceiling. And the thought of getting Luke, Blade etc is much more painful than the idea of getting Onslaught is pleasing.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 640 ★★★
    edited May 14

BeastDad said:

Buffed Cage is better, but I agree he doesn't belong in the Titan crystal.

Another one. Jesus.

Say it with me: "The Titan crystal is for all newer 7*'s regardless if you think they belong in the crystal". "The Titan crystal is a smaller pool allowing for quicker access for newer 7*'s".
    Yes but the point is that op thinks he doesn't need to be. Kabam had stated before in the live stream before titan released that some champs will go straight to basic so not all champs need to go through titan so there should be obvious thought that goes into if a champ deserves the value of the titan crystal, otherwise they should have made the titan crystal just a more expensive 7 shard crystal like they always have done.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,189 ★★★★★
    Lokx said:

BeastDad said:

Another one. Jesus.

Say it with me: "The Titan crystal is for all newer 7*'s regardless if you think they belong in the crystal". "The Titan crystal is a smaller pool allowing for quicker access for newer 7*'s".
    Yes but the point is that op thinks he doesn't need to be. Kabam had stated before in the live stream before titan released that some champs will go straight to basic so not all champs need to go through titan so there should be obvious thought that goes into if a champ deserves the value of the titan crystal, otherwise they should have made the titan crystal just a more expensive 7 shard crystal like they always have done.
    When was that stated? At least so far we have no examples of that happening outside of the original basic pool. I could see the Loyalty or Incursions crystal champions going straight to the basic, and maybe even the curated crystals like Omega and Gifted Guardians, but I haven’t heard Kabam mention anything about a champion just getting plopped straight into the basic pool without some other 7* crystal coming first.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 640 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Lokx said:

BeastDad said:

Another one. Jesus.

When was that stated? At least so far we have no examples of that happening outside of the original basic pool. I could see the Loyalty or Incursions crystal champions going straight to the basic, and maybe even the curated crystals like Omega and Gifted Guardians, but I haven’t heard Kabam mention anything about a champion just getting plopped straight into the basic pool without some other 7* crystal coming first.
    It was during the live stream, can’t remember if it was during the 7* introduction or the titan but i do remember them talking about how some champs will go straight to basic rather then going through titan. The only ones to have done that so far were those champs from the legends event (black panther, ebony, emma frost and sam wilson). They could also have meant things like loyalty champs, champs like the omega event etc.